PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back The Colour and Noise - Left over Flag Money Ideas

Thomson1875
29-06-2011, 12:46 PM
After having a few discussions and so on with others about the future of displays, flags, atmophere and generally trying to improve match days for all.

At the moment their are a few of us going to start a 'flag making group' which will hopefully be up and running in a few weeks or so. We are currently looking into getting supplies shipped over to us as it is much cheaper than buying here. Things such as thousands of balloons, confetti, streamers, fabric, waving flags we are looking at getting 2000 green and white ones.

The making flags ourselves means that we can make banners, flags and memory types of flags such as Le God, Joe baker and many more.

Im thinking 'THE HIBEES 12' As a banner and 'THIS IS EASTER ROAD - THIS IS OUR HOME' to put along the back of the East Stand.

List of things that are on the purchase list for the future are...

-Fabric (green and white) 200 metres, maybe more
-Waving flags x 2000
-Baloons x (not sure yet)
-Confetti x about 500,000 pieces green and white
-streamers
- Welcome to easter road banner if it gets decided on (117 euros) 1.5 x 6metres
- A3 Card for displays
- Paints, canes ect in bulk

So was wondering if donaters to the Turnbull flag would like the remains to go towards our materials and so on?

The total of all the stuff we need comes to around 1100 pound, which seems alot but thats were the idea of 1quid from 1000 hibees comes in, we will start a fundraiser asking for 1 pound from 1000 hibs supporters. Which will buy all the materials for making fantastic displays against old firm and hearts.

Not making this official as of yet as we are having a meeting at Berwick to discuss it in full before we start raising funds and so on.

Whats the general feed back from everyone?

SouthMoroccoStu
29-06-2011, 12:56 PM
:flag: CALDERWOODS GREEN AND WHITE ARMY :flag:

:greengrin

LancashireHibby
29-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Without wishing to put a dampener on it so early in the thread, wasn't there something mentioned on here about the club being arsey about having to do risk assessments to put the flags up and having fire safety certificates for them etc?

Thomson1875
29-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Without wishing to put a dampener on it so early in the thread, wasn't there something mentioned on here about the club being arsey about having to do risk assessments to put the flags up and having fire safety certificates for them etc?

Yes there has been, The club want us to buy a small step ladder to hang flags. Buy our own storage cabinet for storage of surfer flags and so on. The hand waving flags don't need to have a fire certificate but surfers do. Hibs arn't beeing to helpful for the cause I don't know why but they don't seem to want to fully support us.

LancashireHibby
29-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes there has been, The club want us to buy a small step ladder to hang flags. Buy our own storage cabinet for storage of surfer flags and so on. The hand waving flags don't need to have a fire certificate but surfers do. Hibs arn't beeing to helpful for the cause I don't know why but they don't seem to want to fully support us.

They might under pressure from the Safety Advisory Group to be fair as they tend to be 'King Jobsworth'.

Jones28
29-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Tbf to Hibs it's not up to them what regulations they have to follow

I this is a great idea however, top marks :agree:

Thomson1875
29-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Tbf to Hibs it's not up to them what regulations they have to follow

I this is a great idea however, top marks :agree:

I know hibs will have them to follow, but they have literally took years to answer basic questions such as an on-going thing with storage that lasted about 10-11 months. We want to work around there rules and guidelines but its taking them forever to let us know.

I hope to take it forward and make it happen with the many others that are in on it.

RIP
29-06-2011, 05:23 PM
The whole thing about flags and ladders is a complete red herring. We just haven't had the face to face dialogue yet - that's all. I'm sure we when we meet with club officials it will get sorted pronto

The H12M banner is raised up via long ropes slung over the big green pipe. No need to climb at all, less still for ladders. Sure we need more hanging rope but that's no big hassle

Storage containers come in all sizes but we don't need more than a walk-in-wardrobe sized one for the next few seasons. The 12 big flags (one of which is 40ftx20ft) in my house can all fit in a 1 cubic metre space

It's a one-off capital outlay and we could get second hand and paint our livery (Many are green already) Hibs will have commercial contacts I'm sure e.g. Builders, Leith Companies

Hibs12thMan already have about 30 large flags owned or loaned (Green Day anyone?) - just nowhere to store them

I vote for fundraising for storage and matched funding from HFC. Once we get that sorted we can build the flag and banner collection

R'Albin
29-06-2011, 05:26 PM
After having a few discussions and so on with others about the future of displays, flags, atmophere and generally trying to improve match days for all.

At the moment their are a few of us going to start a 'flag making group' which will hopefully be up and running in a few weeks or so. We are currently looking into getting supplies shipped over to us as it is much cheaper than buying here. Things such as thousands of balloons, confetti, streamers, fabric, waving flags we are looking at getting 2000 green and white ones.

The making flags ourselves means that we can make banners, flags and memory types of flags such as Le God, Joe baker and many more.

Im thinking 'THE HIBEES 12' As a banner and 'THIS IS EASTER ROAD - THIS IS OUR HOME' to put along the back of the East Stand.

List of things that are on the purchase list for the future are...

-Fabric (green and white) 200 metres, maybe more
-Waving flags x 2000
-Baloons x (not sure yet)
-Confetti x about 500,000 pieces green and white
-streamers
- Welcome to easter road banner if it gets decided on (117 euros) 1.5 x 6metres
- A3 Card for displays
- Paints, canes ect in bulk

So was wondering if donaters to the Turnbull flag would like the remains to go towards our materials and so on?

The total of all the stuff we need comes to around 1100 pound, which seems alot but thats were the idea of 1quid from 1000 hibees comes in, we will start a fundraiser asking for 1 pound from 1000 hibs supporters. Which will buy all the materials for making fantastic displays against old firm and hearts.

Not making this official as of yet as we are having a meeting at Berwick to discuss it in full before we start raising funds and so on.

Whats the general feed back from everyone?

I really hope the club allows this, it would look brilliant!:flag::flag:

RIP
29-06-2011, 05:29 PM
The hand waving flags don't need to have a fire certificate but surfers do. Hibs arn't beeing to helpful for the cause I don't know why but they don't seem to want to fully support us.

I know hibs will have them to follow, but they have literally took years to answer basic questions such as an on-going thing with storage that lasted about 10-11 months. We want to work around there rules and guidelines but its taking them forever to let us know.

To be fair to Hibs big man we haven't had a meeting about this with the club where any of our flag crew were represented. Email is hopeless to produce a common understanding

It's better to talk face to face and we will get that arranged soon

Removed
29-06-2011, 05:35 PM
To be fair to Hibs big man we haven't had a meeting about this with the club where any of our flag crew were represented. Email is hopeless to produce a common understanding

It's better to talk face to face and we will get that arranged soon

I thought Gramo had already started the ball rolling on that or am I getting confused with something else?

mickki40
29-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Gramo has started the ball rolling, maybe a face to face next week will resolve stuff. It needs sorting now
By next week we need a storage place, a container of sorts, a resolution to the ladders. ( more danderous imo, than actually standing on the ledge). A better way of communication than waiting months for an answer to items. Berwick bus will be a good start to get some of the issues sorted.

marinello59
29-06-2011, 06:19 PM

In what way? They have to be seen complying with Health and Safety or they leave themselves open to a claim. Otherwise I don't see what you really expect them to do?

Removed
29-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Has anyone sent Fife Hyland an email :wink:

RIP
29-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I thought Gramo had already started the ball rolling on that or am I getting confused with something else?

He's a guid man but he needs back up from folk. We will all be on the same bus tae Berwick toon - we will do our talking there :flag: