PDA

View Full Version : Yams Family club

poolman
29-06-2011, 07:10 AM
For the last ten days or so of this sordid affair with Thomson and Mad Vlads rant about the mafia etc i've read in the papers and heard on TV several times about the Yams being a "Family Club "

Where does this come from exactly :confused:

Vile terracing chants
Casper running on to the pitch attacking Deeks
Another moron escaping from the asbestos shed and assaulting Lennon
Throwing bananas at, I think it was, Mark Walters

I could go on

Could anybody with a pink username please enlighten me

ronaldo7
29-06-2011, 07:17 AM
I think they base themselves on the Adams Family.

Phil MaGlass
29-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Scotlands 3rd club dont you know????????????????

StevieC
29-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Every football club could be pretty much classed as a "family club". Even the Old Firm, with their sectarian bile, will attract families and families will attach themselves to them.

It's a nice easy tag to use to put your club in a better light.

In the case of Hearts though, I think the use of this tag is currently working against them and backing them into a corner that means they will have no choice but to "write off" a substantial "asset", that they clearly do not want to do.

FastEddieFelson
29-06-2011, 08:02 AM
For the last ten days or so of this sordid affair with Thomson and Mad Vlads rant about the mafia etc i've read in the papers and heard on TV several times about the Yams being a "Family Club "

Vile terracing chants

I could go on

i've seen the video of this at celtic park. did it happen at tynecastle too?

nonshinyfinish
29-06-2011, 08:42 AM

Yes.

http://news.scotsman.com/tacklingracisminscotland/A-black-day-for-Scots.3628273.jp

The abuse he was subjected to that day, and at Tynecastle two weeks later

scott7_0(Prague)
29-06-2011, 08:54 AM

Vile terracing chants

I could go on

Lets not take the moral high ground here, Hibs have had as many a dark moments, lets leave the knit picking to the YAMS.

frazeHFC
29-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Vile terracing chants

I could go on

Let me:

Singing vile songs at an old man who just had a heart attack
Singing songs about Scott Brown's sister dieing

Although they would come under vile chants.....

ShanksSaidNo
29-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Vile terracing chants

I could go on

It was Alan McLaren who was pipin on about being a famiy club last night on SSN.

He looks well eh? fat ride!

Kojock
29-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Let me:

Singing vile songs at an old man who just had a heart attack
Singing songs about Scott Brown's sister dieing

Although they would come under vile chants.....

Lets not get too carried away here, Hibs fans can hold their own in the numpty charts.

Andy Goram attacked at ER
Darren Jackson Tumour song.

Plus many more.

basehibby
29-06-2011, 09:26 AM

:agree: Most definately - I remember it clearly and it wasn't just one isolated banana by the way - we are talking the entire banana stock at the Gorgie branch of asda here!

frazeHFC
29-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Lets not get too carried away here, Hibs fans can hold their own in the numpty charts.

Andy Goram attacked at ER
Darren Jackson Tumour song.

Plus many more.

Who's side are you on? But a fair point, all clubs have daft fans.

basehibby
29-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Vile terracing chants

I could go on

Shurely shome mishtake!

It was definately the banjo player from Deliverance that attempted to assault Deeks - the heroic Casper then promptly sent him flying to the turf with a swift right hook to his mutantly disfigured pus - SWOOSH!

greenlex
29-06-2011, 11:31 AM
The video I seem to remember of the walters incident featured a kid throwing a banana at him. Thus the term "Family Club" is indeed correct.

Albion Hibs
29-06-2011, 11:40 AM
The hertz are a disgrace. We have seen more than enough of their players and heard more than enough from their owner all we have heard from the fans representatives is someone saying they support the decision of the club - WTF! The guy does not appear to have come out and said anything further since the club changed their minds, I wonder if he will as well, or if he is still in support of Thomson.

The biggest concern for me from this so called family club, is other than threads I have seen posted on here from Kickback and a couple of EEN comments there has been no action to the best of my knowledge. The family of supporters seems to be happy to sit in silence - perhaps a reflection of their thoughts on the issue?!

Or is it more the fact that despite the scale of this issue they are all that scared of Vlad that they dare not show any feeling contrary to his. They are so blinded by him and affraid of what may happen to their rancid little club in the event he walks away that they are willing to accept this.

The club took a position, the owner made a statement, the fans have done nothing. I would love one of them to tell me what is family about that.

They have been highlighted as being the least family friendly club about, and I think that they would struggle to argue with that.

Shrekko
29-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Vile terracing chants

I could go on

:agree:

Was thinking of making the same point last night when I read yet another article with quotes about them being 'a family club.

I'm sure there are many families who all follow the Jambo's but the term 'family club' is for teams like Livi and on a bigger scale perhaps Norwich. Hearts are one of the least likely clubs in Britain I'd use that term for, rivalry aside, and for the reasons mentioned. Not exactly warm and friendly the old Jambos.

cocopops1875
29-06-2011, 11:53 AM
? Hsh is a Hibs fan and will be in a reasonable position to suggest that we have our own issues/trumpet fans and vile songs. I think he is pointing out that some on here are having a field day and enjoying themselves way too much. Let those without sin cast the first stone

Hibercelona
29-06-2011, 11:58 AM
We aren't saints, but we aren't completely classless koala bears like out neighbours.

I rest my case.

:hilarious

Albion Hibs
29-06-2011, 12:12 PM
? Hsh is a Hibs fan and will be in a reasonable position to suggest that we have our own issues/trumpet fans and vile songs. I think he is pointing out that some on here are having a field day and enjoying themselves way too much. Let those without sin cast the first stone

I think that you are wrong to use the words that people are "enjoying themselves". I do not believe anyone is enjoying this situation as ultimatly it means that a group of folk have been wronged in a very bad way. I personally would rather the thing never happened but I have no control over it.

Of course we have our own fans, like every club in the world does, but I think for a club that does constantly promote the "family club" element in the way they do shows how full of **** they are. That is nothing more than lip service to those stupid enough to buy into it, I am sure each and every one of them feels conned right now.

degenerated
29-06-2011, 12:20 PM
when they say family i think they mean they are all related to each other, i present this picture of dickens hearts supporters club as evidence
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/jhough37/hillbillys1kn.jpg

Removed
29-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Yam slaver on Jeremy Vine show just mentioned Family club 3 times in the first 30 seconds. Fud then said sack him now then resign him when he is no longer on the SOR :crazy:

johnrebus
29-06-2011, 12:27 PM
In my humble opinion the only way to look at the car crash accross the road is to think if this was Hibs, how would I feel about things?

I would not be back at ER as long as the player - and Romanov - remained and would be campaigning for the Mad Russian to dissapear.

Hearts fans should pre-empt whats coming to them, get rid of Romanov, take the hit and start again in Division Three, sharing with Livingston or whatever.

I it were Hibs, right now it would be like living inside a nightmare.

:brokenyam:

cocopops1875
29-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I think that you are wrong to use the words that people are "enjoying themselves". I do not believe anyone is enjoying this situation as ultimatly it means that a group of folk have been wronged in a very bad way. I personally would rather the thing never happened but I have no control over it.

Of course we have our own fans, like every club in the world does, but I think for a club that does constantly promote the "family club" element in the way they do shows how full of **** they are. That is nothing more than lip service to those stupid enough to buy into it, I am sure each and every one of them feels conned right now.

I beg to differ I suggest that if you asked an adimin how many songs, jokes, and the like have been removed over this issue you would find it surprising how many are enjoying this and are loving it for point scoring purposes on here,Twitter,Facebook or text. So no apologies for use of "enjoying"

Kojock
29-06-2011, 02:11 PM

100% in the Hibs camp. :wink:

Just pointing out that we have our own problem fans. Was only last season there was a thread on here about Hibs players being racially abused by HIBS fans during a game.

Remember people who live in glass houses, shouldn't take baths......

Sodje_18
29-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Vile terracing chants

I could go on

Didn't they also throw potatoes at Stokes?
Pitch invade every derby
And I'm sure I've heard they sang about Tony Mowbray's dead wife before? :confused: Can't say I'm sure they did though.

Compltely classless, vile, horrible club with absolutely no morals. How they think their better than us because some people sing the Mercer song is compltely beyond me.

LancashireHibby
29-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Quite surprised that the article on the BBC website about them escaping charge for the Lennon incident hasn't mentioned the invader when Deeks scored there the other year as they seem to be digging out a few incidents on there.