PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park

1two
28-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Stage Splits are now up

http://www.tinthepark.com/

Some clashes as expected which cant be helped but I've just realised how poor the line up is this year.

I have a feeling this will be my last year of going the full weekend. Not sure if thats me getting older and the music is changing or if its cos the line ups are increasingly poorer year by year.

I wish they done what glasto do by getting an 'older' act, paul simon this year, bruce springsteen last (and not tom jones) just to have something different

Barney McGrew
28-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Some clashes as expected which cant be helped but I've just realised how poor the line up is this year.

They seem to have have put bands of the dance based genre on at the same times :crazy:

Primal Scream and SHM clash, so do Deadmau5 and Calvin Harris, so do 2ManyDJs and Pendulum.

Pish.

Newhaven
28-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Saturday is going to be tough :agree:

Ed De Gramo
28-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Saturday is going to be tough :agree:

You going?

Newhaven
28-06-2011, 09:06 PM
You going?

Discuss tomorrow at radios :wink:

Ed De Gramo
28-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Discuss tomorrow at radios :wink:

Pedigree at Radios :aok:

BarneyBreslin
29-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Stage Splits are now up

http://www.tinthepark.com/

I have a feeling this will be my last year of going the full weekend. Not sure if thats me getting older and the music is changing or if its cos the line ups are increasingly poorer year by year.

I wish they done what glasto do by getting an 'older' act, paul simon this year, bruce springsteen last (and not tom jones) just to have something different

this will be my first T since 2006. Went to 11 out of 12 between 95 and 06 and basically had enough. Like you mentioned the line up appealed less and less each year, plus the ever increasing size and Ned element was beginning to spoil it for me. Could just as easy be an age thing tho. Going this year on a freebie so not much to lose.

Been up at rockness the last three years and find it difficult to think of something bad to say about it. Line up more dance orientated but that suits me just fine.

Sylar
29-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Would have possibly been interested in getting a day ticket for Friday, just to see Pendulum live again.

Sadly, it's not an option.

Betty Boop
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Can any of you kind guys advise me, roughly how far my daughter will have to drag her gear, from where the bus drops her off, to the campsite ? Oh aye, and the best method of getting it there ? So far I've heard, sledges, shopping trolleys etc. Anybody got any tips for happy camping experiences ? lol :greengrin

Darth Hibbie
02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Can any of you kind guys advise me, roughly how far my daughter will have to drag her gear, from where the bus drops her off, to the campsite ? Oh aye, and the best method of getting it there ? So far I've heard, sledges, shopping trolleys etc. Anybody got any tips for happy camping experiences ? lol :greengrin

Not sure myself but Go outdoor where selling "festival sledges" for that very thing yesterday :greengrin

Barney McGrew
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM

It's a good trek, how difficult it is depends on the weather and what time she gets there - the later she is, the longer the queues to cart her stuff through. There's still a good way to go once she's inside depending on what area she wants to camp in too - the zones closet to the arena entrance will fill up quickly, as do the ones nearest the campsite entrance gate.

The campsite map is now up on the TITP website http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s6_6

The wheelbarrows are good, but they're a bit pricey. A cheap plastic sledge is probably the best bet :agree:

fat freddy
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
theres a few decent acts in the line up.....fridays headliners would give me a headache...who to see?..the artics or pendulum?...but it isn't an issue as i wont be going as i got fed up with the schemie hordes many moons ago...i was at the 1st and 3rd t in the parks at strathclyde park and it was essential that the venue changed as the weedgies weren't capable of behaving...gradually though, balado has become infested with the worst types of scot and the bucky brigade has seen me off....the wickerman festival is now my choice of festival and while the line ups aren't always the most impressive...the vibe is good!...and thats what its all about...man!

Betty Boop
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
It's a good trek, how difficult it is depends on the weather and what time she gets there - the later she is, the longer the queues to cart her stuff through. There's still a good way to go once she's inside depending on what area she wants to camp in too - the zones closet to the arena entrance will fill up quickly, as do the ones nearest the campsite entrance gate.

The campsite map is now up on the TITP website http://www.tinthepark.com/content/default.asp?page=s6_6

The wheelbarrows are good, but they're a bit pricey. A cheap plastic sledge is probably the best bet :agree:

She is going on Thurs, catching the bus at 2. Do you think they will get a decent spot for the tent at that time ? The wheelbarrows sound the best bet for her, I just can't see her dragging a sledge for any distance. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
She is going on Thurs, catching the bus at 2. Do you think they will get a decent spot for the tent at that time ? The wheelbarrows sound the best bet for her, I just can't see her dragging a sledge for any distance. :greengrin

Should do - the campsite is huge anyway.

seanraff07
04-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I havent been to any of these festivals yet but I watch them on the TV every year.

I think I'll choose RockNess over TITP next year, RockNess seems to be on the up whereas the TITP line-up is getting worse each year.

Hibby70
04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
theres a few decent acts in the line up.....fridays headliners would give me a headache...who to see?..the artics or pendulum?...but it isn't an issue as i wont be going as i got fed up with the schemie hordes many moons ago...i was at the 1st and 3rd t in the parks at strathclyde park and it was essential that the venue changed as the weedgies weren't capable of behaving...gradually though, balado has become infested with the worst types of scot and the bucky brigade has seen me off....the wickerman festival is now my choice of festival and while the line ups aren't always the most impressive...the vibe is good!...and thats what its all about...man!
Wickerman is just such a nice weekend away, so chilled out and no neds to worry about. King Kurt this year too for some nonsense.

Barney McGrew
04-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I think I'll choose RockNess over TITP next year, RockNess seems to be on the up whereas the TITP line-up is getting worse each year.

Other than Daft Punk, every Rockness headliner has already played at T :wink:

It's meant to be a good festival though, I've had a lot of friends go up to it and say that it's really friendly and a cracking weekend. I'll try and get to it one of these times when I can blag some freebies :greengrin

Tyler Durden
05-07-2011, 07:50 AM
I've been made aware of a weekend camping ticket (from Friday) for sale for face value. If anyone is interested can you reply here and then PM me?

Elephant Stone
05-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I've got a spare Thursday to Sunday weekend camping ticket, if anyone is interested give me a shout. Face value.

Dunbar Hibee
05-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Other than Daft Punk, every Rockness headliner has already played at T :wink:

It's meant to be a good festival though, I've had a lot of friends go up to it and say that it's really friendly and a cracking weekend. I'll try and get to it one of these times when I can blag some freebies :greengrin

RockNess ****s on T in the park.:aok:

7Hero
05-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Been to both rockness far better IMO easier to get around, get a drink, campsite closer to everything, atmosphere fat better. And the scenery is amazing.

.Sean.
05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
If there is any truth in the rumour that Noely G has agreed to play T acoustically and will be announced tomorrow, I hate every single one of you who will be in attendance!

Calvin
05-07-2011, 09:35 PM
If there is any truth in the rumour that Noely G has agreed to play T acoustically and will be announced tomorrow, I hate every single one of you who will be in attendance!

I'm surprised you're not going just for Beady Eye!

I heard the Noel G rumour too, but can't see him doing it when Liam's there.

1two
05-07-2011, 09:58 PM
if there is any truth in the rumour that noely g has agreed to play t acoustically and will be announced tomorrow, i hate every single one of you who will be in attendance!

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

whereswallace?
05-07-2011, 10:17 PM
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

This.

Iv been to the last 8 or 9 and the level of jakiness has went through the roof, last 5 years iv avoided the main campsite and used Lethangie and last year Tangerine fields which is where il be again this year. Much more chilled and cleaner and not the threat of radge weegies running about with axes as iv witnessed in previous years!!

David_D
05-07-2011, 10:18 PM

I second that. Would be awesome

MountcastleHibs
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM

I would be ridiculously jealous of anyone there. But I honestly cannot see it. The first solo Noel performance will be when he's touring after his album release imo.

But hey, if he is there, hopefully I'm working wherever he performs. Rather than being a reveller this year, I'm going as security!

1two
05-07-2011, 10:56 PM
This.

Iv been to the last 8 or 9 and the level of jakiness has went through the roof, last 5 years iv avoided the main campsite and used Lethangie and last year Tangerine fields which is where il be again this year. Much more chilled and cleaner and not the threat of radge weegies running about with axes as iv witnessed in previous years!!

Im a Lethangie regular. How does it compare to Tangerine Fields (Cost and other wise)?

Barney McGrew
06-07-2011, 08:04 AM
I heard the Noel G rumour too, but can't see him doing it when Liam's there.

Suggestions are he'd be playing on the Friday, with Beady Eye confirmed for Sunday so that shouldn't be a problem.

Calvin
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Suggestions are he'd be playing on the Friday, with Beady Eye confirmed for Sunday so that shouldn't be a problem.

Would have made sense.

Looks like nothing to do with T got announced at his press conference today though.

MountcastleHibs
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Would have made sense.

Looks like nothing to do with T got announced at his press conference today though.

Absolutely nothing about T at his press conference.

Announced the release of his album, and a tour in the Autumn. Cannae wait.

ArabHibee
06-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Im a Lethangie regular. How does it compare to Tangerine Fields (Cost and other wise)?

That's way too near my house for comfort!!! :panic:

danhibees1875
07-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Im going as a steward again this year :agree:

Hopefully get deployed somewhere that I can hear the music, not that I'm particularly excited about any of the bands apart from coldplay.

Removed
07-07-2011, 12:07 AM

Hopefully get deployed somewhere that I can hear the music, not that I'm particularly excited about any of the bands apart from coldplay.

Never ever thought I'd see the words Coldplay and excited in the same sentence. Well done :applause:

Betty Boop
07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
That's my daughter packed and ready to leave for the bus. She has taken everything but the kitchen sink, fingers crossed everything goes alright ! :greengrin

danhibees1875
07-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Never ever thought I'd see the words Coldplay and excited in the same sentence. Well done :applause:

Thanks. =]

fat freddy
07-07-2011, 11:04 PM

i saw footage of them at glastonbury a few weeks ago...i was dumbstruck by the singers performance...he's not without musicaL talent i'll admit, but if being a twat was an olympic event his house would be full of gold medals.

fat freddy
07-07-2011, 11:08 PM
That's my daughter packed and ready to leave for the bus. She has taken everything but the kitchen sink, fingers crossed everything goes alright ! :greengrin

Did she remember to pack her pepperspray, stungun and tazer?

Springbank
07-07-2011, 11:09 PM
No offence but F*** Rockness

TITP is LeithNess!!!!

Get strong on the Whisky Kiss
set - we are playing Sunday at 5 til 7 in the Ceilidh Tentio

We have a set of "Staying Alive" that is introduced as "this song is not for Wallace Mercer this song is for Leith"

Check it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQAJhWXJfU

Hope to see you Sunday, the future's bright!!!!!

Springbank
07-07-2011, 11:14 PM
No offence but F*** Rockness

TITP is LeithNess!!!!

Get strong on the Whisky Kiss
set - we are playing Sunday at 5 til 7 in the Ceilidh Tentio

We have a set of "Staying Alive" that is introduced as "this song is not for Wallace Mercer this song is for Leith"

Check it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQAJhWXJfU

Hope to see you Sunday, the future's bright!!!!!

…so grab yourself a beer, everybody else is stayin alive…

Wheatfield Stand, are you listening

Notorious Section N and Paedos are you listening

This Festival is Leith Only - no Yam content!!!

See you behind the goals in the ceilidh tent, Sunday!!!

Dinkydoo
08-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Wickerman is just such a nice weekend away, so chilled out and no neds to worry about. King Kurt this year too for some nonsense.

I went to the wickerman a few years back when it was still developing and had a brilliant time. Very relaxed atmosphere however there were quite a few local fannies about - may be only because I'm from Dumfries and know of them that I noticed though.

I'd recommend it to any festival goer, try it out before it gets too commercial -it's really taken off in the past couple of years.

Betty Boop
08-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Did she remember to pack her pepperspray, stungun and tazer?

Naw! :greengrin However I think she should have took a couple of extra blankets, she phoned me at half six this morning, she said it was baltic.

Barney McGrew
08-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Naw! :greengrin However I think she should have took a couple of extra blankets, she phoned me at half six this morning, she said it was baltic.

:agree:

It was pretty cold up here last night

Betty Boop
09-07-2011, 02:40 PM
The weather, they must be up to their knees in mud ! All part of the festival experience, I suppose. :greengrin

TornadoHibby
09-07-2011, 03:22 PM
i saw footage of them at glastonbury a few weeks ago...i was dumbstruck by the singers (CHRIS MARTIN) performance...he's not without musicaL talent i'll admit (You must be joking mate!), but if being a twat was an olympic event his house would be full of gold medals.

....AND he steals other people's musical gems and pretends bits of them were his own idea! :confused:

This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcjXo8ZuqE&feature=related)is musical genius IMO by the original artist who wrote the tune but Twat Martin nicked some of it in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5I3RPbS8aI) only to be found out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tWjja5HIWU&feature=related), taken to Court and eventually settled out of Court (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tgeaBhbtE&feature=related)to reduce publicity!

Check out particularly the "found out" link to see how many times it is thought that these guys have copied other people's musical ideas and then claimed them as their own! :wink:

seanraff07
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I thought Arctic Monkeys were brilliant last night.

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I thought Arctic Monkeys were brilliant last night.

:agree: they were excellent , great set

Betty Boop
10-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Ooowaho Ooowaho ! Another cracking performance from Coldplay ! :greengrin

TornadoHibby
10-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Hee hee............!

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Cannae beat a lassie wi a sense o humour! :wink: :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2011, 09:23 PM

I used to like you.:wink:

YehButNoBut
11-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Watched all of the Foo Fighters set last night, absolutely superb, miles better than anyone else I seen over the weekend.

Dave Grohl has more charisma than all of the other front men at TITP put together.

Did not show a single song from Slash, also liked the Vaccines and thought that Blondie did well despite horrible weather at the time.

Sylar
11-07-2011, 08:42 AM
No band got a crowd moving quite like Pendulum did on the Friday night. Yet another sensational live performance from them. I felt the same thing watching the Foo's as I've felt the last twice I've seen them live - musically good, but his vocals are poor - runs out of breath far too much, misses words and out of key far too often.

YehButNoBut
11-07-2011, 09:02 AM
No band got a crowd moving quite like Pendulum did on the Friday night. Yet another sensational live performance from them. I felt the same thing watching the Foo's as I've felt the last twice I've seen them live - musically good, but his vocals are poor - runs out of breath far too much, misses words and out of key far too often.

Saw Pendulem as well pretty good and a much better show when it's dark (also saw them during the day at Glasto) they do a great job at getting the crowd going but I find them to samey, and have copied a lot of what Prodigy do, who are far better.

seanraff07
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Arctic Monkeys, Primal Scream and Beady Eye looked the best to me.

Calvin
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
The Xcerts, Crystal Castles and Pulp were the definite highlights of the weekend. Weezer and Arctic Monkeys also worth a mention.

David_D
11-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Weezer where very good as where All time low. Great weekend all round

1two
11-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Arctic Monkeys, Primal Scream and Beady Eye looked the best to me.

Arctic monkey were brilliant!
Primal scream outstanding!
Beady eye were piss poor!

Highlights for me were Arctic monkeys, primal scream, Pulp, vaccines

IWasThere2016
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
T_Q_M enjoyed The View, Kassidy and the Artic Monkeys :agree:

danhibees1875
11-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Had a really good time - even though I was working. Tired now though, 47 hours work over the 3 days with next to no breaks because we were so busy.

Didn't get a choice in what I got to see but enjoyed Beyonce (was within touching distance of her when she came off the stage) and Coldplay :thumbsup:

ArabHibee
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I have to agree with a couple of posters on here, Beady Eye were just rubbish. Liam's singing was truly woeful. If anyone thought they were good, you were either pissed out of your head or on drugs. Seriously, watch it back on the iplayer, awful.

Lofarl
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Loved my T yesterday. I shall be doing the whole weekend next year methinks. Highlights yesterday was Blondie, how sorry did you feel for that exercise duo thingy on before it eh, weezer were great too. Loved the cover of paranoid android they did and hash pipe rocked. I caught a good band on the T break stage called Transfer. Pulp were amazing, what a front man Jarvis Cocker is. The Foos were sublime, Im so glad I saw them live.

Also I got on the telly, met some great people and got some free booze. It was not the nedfest I was expecting. I suppose they were in the Slam tent all day until Beady Eye came on.

The_Horde
11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Highlights for me were Pendulum, Coldplay, Slash (:thumbsup:), Fun Lovin' Criminals, Tom Jones and i thought The View were surprisingly good (I'd seen them previously and not been too impressed). :thumbsup:

Another band who impressed me were You Me At Six, despite not really being my thing. My girlfriend is a massive fan of theirs and she dragged me along.

Gutted i missed Jimmy Eat World, Kassidy, The Vaccines and the end part of Foo fighters. :rolleyes:

The_Horde
11-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Oh and Pulp, how could i forget Pulp? :thumbsup: Cocker's destruction of the last edition of NOTW was superb. :greengrin

Hibeesb0unc3
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
highlights of my weekend were pendulum, deadmau5, chase and status and brandon flowers who were all epic

MountcastleHibs
11-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Was working as security the weekend and found myself on the pit at the NME stage on Friday. From what I heard of the acts I thought Kassidy were a good starter, Airbourne Toxic Event were decent, Twin Atlantic were awesome and had a great turnout (very happy for them as a fan because they aren't as well known as other Scottish bands). I didn't think much of White Lies before Friday but they were decent and Pendulum were incredible. I wasn't their biggest fan beforehand but they were unbelievable.

Unfortunately I was put in other positions on Saturday and Sunday, so didn't hear much music, but Jon Fratelli sounded good on T Break stage and Noah and the Whale last night in the Red Bull tent sounded like they put in a good show. Got all the highlights taped so will be catching up!

Cheers to everyone there for a reasonably well behaved weekend. Made our job a hell of a lot easier than it could've been.

easty
11-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Had an amazing weekend, that's the most fun I've had a T for years.

Highlights for me were The Strokes and Pulp. Also really enjoyed Hurts, Miles Kane and The Saturdays (where I was just about close enough to stick my tongue out and lick the sweat off them....:greengrin)

AllyF
11-07-2011, 05:25 PM
My highlight of the weekend were Hurts. And copious amounts of food from Healthy T.

Also thought that Coldplay, who I'd already seen at Glastonbury, were even better in Balado. The Main Stage headliners were all superb this year.

Aaron
11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
I loved Coldplay, House of Pain - Jump Around, DJ Sneak in the SLAM tent and getting soaked at Blondie. Only thing I hated was having to come home.

The_Horde
11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
My highlight of the weekend were Hurts. And copious amounts of food from Healthy T.

Also thought that Coldplay, who I'd already seen at Glastonbury, were even better in Balado. The Main Stage headliners were all superb this year.

How amazing is that place. :thumbsup:

easty
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM

;2855443']How amazing is that place. :thumbsup:

The stovies are amazing.:agree:

Newhaven
11-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Leftfield :top marks

Betty Boop
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Hee hee............!

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Cannae beat a lassie wi a sense o humour! :wink: :greengrin

I used to like you.:wink:

:na na:

Barney McGrew
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Standouts for me were pretty much all in King Tuts - Primal Scream were off the scale, 2ManyDJs on Friday had the place going mental and Brandon Flowers finishing off with the Thin White Duke mix of Mr Brightside was pretty epic too.

I also caught the end of Chase and Status in there and it was kicking right off :rockin:

I'll go against the grain here since I thought Pulp were terrible. far too much time talking pish and not enough of just playing the tunes.

I also saw The View, The Streets, Tom Jones, Eels, a bit of Beyonce :blushie:, a bit of House of Pain, Friendly Fires, Bruno Mars :rolleyes: , lots and lots of drink and even more mud.

Cannae wait for next year :greengrin

Betty Boop
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Standouts for me were pretty much all in King Tuts - Primal Scream were off the scale, 2ManyDJs on Friday had the place going mental and Brandon Flowers finishing off with the Thin White Duke mix of Mr Brightside was pretty epic too.

I also caught the end of Chase and Status in there and it was kicking right off :rockin:

I'll go against the grain here since I thought Pulp were terrible. far too much time talking pish and not enough of just playing the tunes.

I also saw The View, The Streets, Tom Jones, Eels, a bit of Beyonce :blushie:, a bit of House of Pain, Friendly Fires, Bruno Mars :rolleyes: , lots and lots of drink and even more mud.

Cannae wait for next year :greengrin

My daughter got bumped for her wheelbarrow, when she went to return it, there was nobody there, she had paid a deposit of £30. The help desk gave her a number to phone, but guess what, it just rings out. :rolleyes:
Apart from that she had a great time, I even spied her on the telly, at Tiny Tempah, on the perimeter of the muddy moshpit. :greengrin