PDA

View Full Version : The need for an experienced manager

bingo70
28-06-2011, 08:35 AM
First of all apologies for talking about CC as if he's no longer manager, i feel like a cheap tart spending the inheritance before the old man has kicked the bucket but it appears it's a given he's away so think like most i'm looking to the future now.

I've mentioned this on a couple of threads without getting a response but i keep hearing we need an experienced manager and was just wondering why this is? Any experienced manager we could get would have failed somewhere before or they wouldn't be coming to us so why is an experienced campaigner any less of a gamble than a young manager that's only ever been successfull?

IMO we'll either appoint someone who's made a career out of being mediocre or failed somewhere else or we'll go for a young and up and coming manager with fresh ideas that might just make it at a bigger level than us.

I think the foundations have been laid by CC so what we need is a young enthusiastic manager with the drive and ambition to move hibs in the right direction in oprder to progress us as a club and also himself as a manager, not some old man thats stumbled his way through management and is counting down the days till his retirement.