PDA

View Full Version : Yams Escape Lennon Punishment

Don Giovanni
28-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Couldn't see this posted anywhere else (apologies if it is duplication) but I'm sure I have just heard on TalkSport that Hertz will escape punishment for yon walloper bounding down the touchline with violent intent towards Lennon at the end of last season.

Surprised by this decision. Expected them to be fined at least :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
28-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Couldn't see this posted anywhere else (apologies if it is duplication) but I'm sure I have just heard on TalkSport that Hertz will escape punishment for yon walloper bounding down the touchline with violent intent towards Lennon at the end of last season.

From reading an article in the Torygraph this morning, it seems like L&B are getting the blame.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/8601094/Hearts-will-not-be-punished-for-fans-assault-on-Celtic-manager-Neil-Lennon.html

The SPL is expected to make a statement on their conclusions on Tuesday or Wednesday, but it is understood that they found that neither club had a case to answer in respect of their responsibilities. Hearts had, in fact, arranged a meeting with Lothians and Borders Police prior to the game specifically because they had been concerned about the atmosphere when the teams met at Tynecastle, on Nov 10 last year.

It was noted that there were no stewards on the gates of the stands but also that the safety certificate for Tynecastle did not specify any such provision and that at the special operations meeting there were no suggestions from either the police or the security company employed by the club that such security was required.

The SPL does not want to become embroiled in a dispute with the Lothians and Borders force but, as Telegraph Sport revealed earlier this month, senior officers of Strathclyde Police – with their long experience of supervising Old Firm derbies – have insisted privately that the Lennon incident and other outbreaks of disorder at the game would not have happened at a match in their jurisdiction.

silverhibee
28-06-2011, 10:36 AM

I dont think they were ever punished for there fans running on to the pitch when they tried to attack Riordan.

YehButNoBut
28-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I think the SFA are starting to feel sorry for them now, I mean how much more sh*t can you pile on to the one club. :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
28-06-2011, 11:14 AM
From reading an article in the Torygraph this morning, it seems like L&B are getting the blame.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/8601094/Hearts-will-not-be-punished-for-fans-assault-on-Celtic-manager-Neil-Lennon.html

Jeez, they would say that wouldn't they?

poolman
28-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I think the SFA are starting to feel sorry for them now, I mean how much more sh*t can you pile on to the one club. :dunno:

As much as they can for my liking :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-06-2011, 02:37 PM
so a club can get fined for a fan chucking a 50p coin onto a pitch but not for a fan punching a rival manager's face?

That makes perfect Scottish sense!

And they slag the Irish off for being stupid!

This country is a JOKE.

Jack
28-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I agree with the result as it stood in the culture we (the Scottish game) was at that time. As the reports say all involved agreed beforehand that there were adequate safeguards in place for the perceived level of naughtiness.

I’d expect, and we’ve seen, an tightening of things since then.

Next season is going to be sooooo interesting for sooooo many different things.

The Hibs support have at times been a bit edgy, shall we say, in what we’ve got away with. IMO we need to take a step back or we will be one of the clubs the authorities will make an example of. Big enough that folk will say “Oh!”; small enough that when we say conspiracy no-one will listen. :rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I dont think they were ever punished for there fans running on to the pitch when they tried to attack Riordan.

....or the 2 smoke bomb episodes at Eatser Road (and dozens of fans racing onto Dunbar end) ??

Albion Hibs
28-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Never been a believer in kicking someone when they are down, however in this case I would say "plenty". Keep it coming as far as I am concerned. Rules have been broken, it is fine blaming the feds but hertz are responsbile for stewarding and responsible for their fans when they are in their stadium.

Mary Hinge
28-06-2011, 09:43 PM
so a club can get fined for a fan chucking a 50p coin onto a pitch but not for a fan punching a rival manager's face?

That makes perfect Scottish sense!

And they slag the Irish off for being stupid!

This country is a JOKE.

The Yams did the right thing though.......

One of their own cretins runs on and has a go at Lennon so the club then cut the AWAY allocation :crazy:

I suppose that's why they are who they are :agree:

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 09:54 PM
This cannae be right, what about the mafia conspiracies. :dunno:

Another ridiculous decision by those running the game in this country IMO. Clubs can be fined for pies, coins, lighters, etc. being thrown on tae the park but not for fans attacking managers :bitchy:

HH81
28-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Another ridiculous decision by those running the game in this country IMO. Clubs can be fined for pies, coins, lighters, etc. being thrown on tae the park but not for fans attacking managers :bitchy:

Good post. Shocking call if you ask me.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Blamed by Strathclyde Police, an organisation that is hopeless at policing games at Darkheid and Castle Greyskull. How many times have we had Hibs fans having to put up with all kinds of sheite when visiting these grounds only to be told to shut up and go away if they have the temerity to complain to a copper?

I think the two forces need to sort this out by meeting at Harthill for a giant pagger :wink:

Don Giovanni
28-06-2011, 10:03 PM
This cannae be right, what about the mafia conspiracies. :dunno:

:agree:

We should throw fans next time. That'll show 'em...!

Care to nominate anyone? :greengrin

Leithenhibby
28-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Got to be said that we have all got off with something in our life at some point :agree:

Perhaps it's just the law of averages!! This muck are due a turn :wink:

They Will be back soon with some more comedy errors ... GUARANTEED :greengrin

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 10:10 PM
:agree:

We should throw fans next time. That'll show 'em...!

Care to nominate anyone? :greengrinI can think of a few :greengrin