PDA

View Full Version : Yams Is this the start of a real backlash?

Hibbyradge
27-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm relieved that the vast majority of Hearts fans are appalled at their club's decision not to take disciplinary action of Craig Thomson.

When the statement(s) were initially released, I thought we'd see the usual wagons in a circle reaction, defending Mr Romanov and his idocyncratic ways, but mercifully, apart from a few brain deads, morality still prevails.

I heard from a Jambo colleague today that the Hearts supporters federation are considering their response, be it marching in protest, boycotting Tynecastle or whatever.

If this comes to fruition, he thinks this could be the start of a backlash against Romanov which would quickly gather momentum.

He says that it might eventually lead to Romanov pulling the plug, but although they may suffer pain in the short term, Hearts supporters would have wrested their pride back and there would be a renewed, united determination to rebuild their club.

It will be interesting to see how the Mad One calls it over the next few days. If he doesn't change his mind soon, I don't think he'll want to bow down in the face of supporters protests.

Lofarl
27-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I think he will bring it crashing down upon their heads if they turn on him. I've little sympathy for the jambos over this. Yes its great to see a lot of fans turn on Vlad because of the CT situation, but thats just common decency.

They got into bed with a madman, they turned a blind eye year after year with so much nonsense coming from Vlad and co. Rix, crazy debts, Vlad picking team etc. They did the square root of %$"!all about it. Some yams are saying they are now the laughing stock of Scottish football, they forget that they always have been.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Nah - there might be a whisper or two in bowling or golf club "snugs" and one big cardigan somewhere might talk to a blazer or two about possibly getting a letter writing committee or sub committee going but Vlad will have them attacked by wolverines before they put pen to paper.

The man can do what he likes and they have nae room to manouevre.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Whatever he does, they have just got to suck it up.

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Vlad's safely tucked away the other side of Europe, I doubt he cares much how much the Yams over here revolt.

Jonnyboy
27-06-2011, 08:56 PM
It's encouraging to hear that Hearts fans are sickened by CT's actions and equally so by the way their club has dealt with it. FWIW I don't think anything they can do will bother Mad Vlad one iota BUT if the club's sponsors were to be bombarded with requests that they pull the plug then maybe, just maybe the submariner will hightail it to the PBS and have CT court marshalled and shot

givescotlandfreedom
27-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they're far too spineless to do anything about this. Just look at FJK as a role model :ostrich::vladsheep:

JustSimplyHibs
27-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Sponsor pulled out from the day and a primrary school never went to Herts rented training ground today for their school visit.

Are players disclosed under the Disclosure Scotland or PVG checks??? Near enough everyone in Scotland has to undergo such checks do football players have to go through the same checks????

Wounder what the legal side of things are like i.e. if CT was to line up against Hibs for Hearts could i sue Hibs, or Herts, or the SPL for allowing a known Sex Offender who hasn't had checks to be near my kids in the stadium.

Sergey
27-06-2011, 09:09 PM
It's encouraging to hear that Hearts fans are sickened by CT's actions and equally so by the way their club has dealt with it. FWIW I don't think anything they can do will bother Mad Vlad one iota BUT if the club's sponsors were to be bombarded with requests that they pull the plug then maybe, just maybe the submariner will hightail it to the PBS and have CT court marshalled and shot

It's not just about the headline sponsors, JC. How's about factoring in the corporate hospitality bods...the pitchside ads, the shirt and player sponsors. It has a drip-drip effect that will have a bearing on revenue on their bottom line.

marinello59
27-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Sponsor pulled out from the day and a primrary school never went to Herts rented training ground today for their school visit.

Are players disclosed under the Disclosure Scotland or PVG checks??? Near enough everyone in Scotland has to undergo such checks do football players have to go through the same checks????

Wounder what the legal side of things are like i.e. if CT was to line up against Hibs for Hearts could i sue Hibs, or Herts, or the SPL for allowing a known Sex Offender who hasn't had checks to be near my kids in the stadium.

As I understand it as it is non-regular contact with a group a checked disclosure is not required. (Like parents helping at Playgroup, Scouts etc on a one off basis.)

Reaper
27-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Tin hat on.

I actually feel sorry for the decent Jambo fans (yes there are some). Not about Mad Vlad in particular as I agree that they were quick to shout his name without looking at the big picture in the early days, However, I don't think any of them should have to feel the way most of them do at the moment about their own club. I'd hate to be in a position like that as a Hibs supporter. I appreciate Vlad could have knocked it on the head but didn't (no real surprise) but lets not forget so could CT. If that wee fud had one ounce of decency left or at all and really did regret what he's done, he'd see the damage it's causing the club and order his contract to be terminated immediately with loss of all financial benefits for the good of the club and it's supporters. BUT I doubt he will. :rolleyes:

JustSimplyHibs
27-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Edinburgh Council stepping in concerned about club's dealing in this matter and are concerned under the Children;s Act......SSN 22:12

For once the Council are quick to act...poor that the SFA or SPL are not commenting.

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2011, 09:16 PM
I heard from a Jambo colleague today that the Hearts supporters federation are considering their response, be it marching in protest, boycotting Tynecastle or whatever.

i wont believe this until it's official that they have sent an open letter to Mr romanov telling him 'we really really mean it this time' :boo hoo: are we liable to see wullie and callum etc etc kicking russian hats again :dunno:

:lolyam::jamboclow:protest:

Jonnyboy
27-06-2011, 09:18 PM
It's not just about the headline sponsors, JC. How's about factoring in the corporate hospitality bods...the pitchside ads, the shirt and player sponsors. It has a drip-drip effect that will have a bearing on revenue on their bottom line.

All of the above G :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
27-06-2011, 09:27 PM

I hope it's more of a Niagara Falls effect myself.

And in answer to the OP - no.

degenerated
27-06-2011, 09:28 PM
i wont believe this until it's official that they have sent an open letter to Mr romanov telling him 'we really really mean it this time' :boo hoo: are we liable to see wullie and callum etc etc kicking russian hats again :dunno:

:lolyam::jamboclow:protest:

callum from dickens hearts supporters club was on the telly earlier
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260303-craig-thomson-asks-fans-to-respect-the-judgement-of-the-court-and-club/

changed days indeed. he has gone from being of those roasters at the agm in a russian hat paying homage to romanov to now having to kick them about the streets, on what is becoming a near regular occurrence, in protest about his clubs tacit approval of convicted sex offenders :agree:

70hibby
27-06-2011, 09:36 PM

Now started, according to the BBC News Hearts "water" sponsor has pulled out of their deal.

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2011, 09:40 PM
callum from dickens hearts supporters club was on the telly earlier
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260303-craig-thomson-asks-fans-to-respect-the-judgement-of-the-court-and-club/

changed days indeed. he has gone from being of those roasters at the agm in a russian hat paying homage to romanov to now having to kick them about the streets, on what is becoming a near regular occurrence, in protest about his clubs tacit approval of convicted sex offenders :agree:

The statement said: "Craig Thomson would ask the Hearts fans and wider public to respect the judgement both of the court and Heart of Midlothian Football Club

incredible :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
27-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Now started, according to the BBC News Hearts "water" sponsor has pulled out of their deal.

I understand the level of their sponsorship was only around 5k. We need the big boys to follow suit.

I guess they could always get a loan from Wonga at the incredibly competetive rate of 4100%

Hibs Class
27-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Tin hat on.

I actually feel sorry for the decent Jambo fans (yes there are some). Not about Mad Vlad in particular as I agree that they were quick to shout his name without looking at the big picture in the early days, However, I don't think any of them should have to feel the way most of them do at the moment about their own club. I'd hate to be in a position like that as a Hibs supporter. I appreciate Vlad could have knocked it on the head but didn't (no real surprise) but lets not forget so could CT. If that wee fud had one ounce of decency left or at all and really did regret what he's done, he'd see the damage it's causing the club and order his contract to be terminated immediately with loss of all financial benefits for the good of the club and it's supporters. BUT I doubt he will. :rolleyes:

I have sympathy for their decent fans as well (one of whom is my brother and I know his views on CT). But given we have just found out that vlad survived a kgb death list I don't think he will be too bothered at being on a hearts "we're not too happy" list.

steakbake
27-06-2011, 10:30 PM
As I understand it as it is non-regular contact with a group a checked disclosure is not required. (Like parents helping at Playgroup, Scouts etc on a one off basis.)

Wonder what will happen at their Calendar Signing this year?

marleyhib
27-06-2011, 11:20 PM
I think he will bring it crashing down upon their heads if they turn on him. I've little sympathy for the jambos over this. Yes its great to see a lot of fans turn on Vlad because of the CT situation, but thats just common decency.

They got into bed with a madman, they turned a blind eye year after year with so much nonsense coming from Vlad and co. Rix, crazy debts, Vlad picking team etc. They did the square root of %$"!all about it. Some yams are saying they are now the laughing stock of Scottish football, they forget that they always have been.

Couldn't agree more, Vlad's statement really shows he just doesn't give a flying **** about anyone - the yams misjudged/desperate and laughable association with Vlad goes from bad to worse. If there isn't a backlash from Hearts fans I would be very shocked, thing is they are rubber ducks if they piss Vlad off.

Clock ticking ...