PDA

View Full Version : Nish away to Hartlepool

Engels74
27-06-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_7007214,00.html

Thought he was heading to perth!
sad to think that League one more appealing than Spl.

marinello59
27-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Good luck to him, good to see that he has secured a deal elsewhere.

Hibee87
27-06-2011, 12:52 PM

TBF on nish he has spend his entire career in the SPL hasnt he? one last big fat cheque for him is what this is i would have imagined hartlepool will be paying double what st j's would have had on offer at least

Engels74
27-06-2011, 12:53 PM

:agree:

Engels74
27-06-2011, 01:05 PM
TBF on nish he has spend his entire career in the SPL hasnt he? one last big fat cheque for him is what this is i would have imagined hartlepool will be paying double what st j's would have had on offer at least

True mate,
to be fair to Nish at 30 he fancied a change and I suppose Hartlepool is not too far from his family base. Hope it works out for him.

I was just meaning that our top league should be the place for Scottish footballers to aspire to play their football unless they obviously outgrow it. But sadly the lack of competition and repetitiveness in our game is our loss and lower English footballs gain.

hibee_girl
27-06-2011, 01:07 PM

truehibernian
27-06-2011, 01:10 PM
True mate,
to be fair to Nish at 30 he fancied a change and I suppose Hartlepool is not too far from his family base. Hope it work out for him.

I was just meaning that our top league should be the place for Scottish footballers to aspire to play their football unless they obviously outgrow it. But sadly the lack of competition on and repetitiveness in or game is our loss and lower English footballs gain.

An offer from St J was definitely on the table. Good luck to the big fella, Hartlepool clearly offered that little bit more. Can't wait to hear Jeff Stelling's opinion on his new front man as and when the results stream in on a Saturday.............

col02
27-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I hope big Nishy does well down there and starts to enjoy himself again as the past season must have been hellish at Hibs for him with all the undeserved personal abuse that went his way!

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I hope big Nishy does well down there and starts to enjoy himself again as the past season must have been hellish at Hibs for him with all the undeserved personal abuse that went his way!

He was mince. :na na:

But lets not have another 50+ page escapade on the matter. :greengrin

Albion Hibs
27-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Well done Nishy, delighted to see he has got himself a new team and hope he can do well for himself down there.

KWJ
27-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Hope he does well and puts a smile on Jeff's face.

AJWisme
27-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Glad he's not playing for us :greengrin

But seriously, good luck to him. Always one of us :agree:.

Spike Mandela
27-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Hope the locals don't think he's a monkey:wink:

PeterboroHibee
27-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Good luck to him, glad hes found a club and will be a new challenge for him down south. He was very frustrating at times but he did have some really good moments in a Hibs shirt.

Craig_in_Prague
27-06-2011, 02:32 PM
As others said, if he does quite well, Jeff will make sure he's mentioned on Soccer Saturday......

I think it's a good move for him and a fresh change from the SPL.

All the best Colin.

iwasthere1972
27-06-2011, 02:40 PM
All the best Nishie.

Thanks for your efforts and good luck with Hartlepool.

gringojoe
27-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Far to tall to be a monkey he is more an orangutan on ice. Good luck to him anyway.

aberhibsfc
27-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Probably best for everyone, a decent SPL player, perhaps Hibs were a stretch too far for his footballing ability.

Irrespective of how his success will be remembered at Hibs, there's no doubt he was a Hibby and was giving what he had for the cause.

Hope that he goes down south and gives it a real good go, heading towards the latter years of his career, hopefully he makes a success of it and enjoys the time he has left in football.

Good luck Nishy, maybe we'll see you back on the terraces of ER amongst the fans one day.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Good luck to him. Hope someone points out that Hartlepool shorten their name to 'Pools and not Harts'.
Have to say that no very many threads about Nishy ended up constructive. Kinda ended up being that you are allowed an opinion, as long as it is the same as mine.:rolleyes:

lEXO
27-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Good luck to the big guy. It,s a pity his dream move turned into a bit of a nightmare. Even so, nowt but respect for how dealt with being boo,d and abused by his own.

500miles
27-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Decent player, scored some important goals, but he wasn't enjoying his football at all last season.

At 30, he'd be looking for a decent pay day, and he'll get that more at Hartlepool than at St. J's.

LeithBoozy
27-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I am glad as Hartepool is further away from ER than Perth, but sad too because he did not get on that slow boat to China. :wink:

wazoo1875
27-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Hope he does well and puts a smile on Jeff's face.

Aye, good luck Nishy yer still one of us!
All the best big man

hibee92
27-06-2011, 04:11 PM
10th top scorer in SPL history, definately left your mark Nishy, all the best :agree:

Eaststand
27-06-2011, 04:18 PM
it didn't work out too well for the big fella at ER, but I'd hope the majority of us Hibbies will wish him all the best at his new club anyway

GGTTH

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 04:29 PM
All the best big yin. You're nowhere near as bad as some of the slavers on here suggest.

One thing he can look back on and say is that he played for, and scored numerous times for, the team he'll always support. The mong squad who berated him incessantly will never be able to say that so he's already one up on that band of 'supporters'.

Good luck Nishy.

maturehibby
27-06-2011, 05:27 PM
at least he will not come back and bite us on the bum like some of our ex players have

AlbertK86
27-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Unbelievable

Sports preview said signing news from Hibs

After getting my attention they have let me down big time -

What does it turn out to be ......... Colin P I mean Nish has gone to Hartlepool. Hardly news from Hibs when he was punted months ago !!

Typical west coast biased. Couldn't give a damn about anything outwith the OF. Probably had no idea he had been released !!

Another example was that new newsreader - isnae bad looking - but a couple of weeks ago she couldn't even pronounce the SRU boy McKie's name properly. Kept referring to him as Mackay. Nowt to do with the OF so we'll not even research or prepare !!!

Rant over !!!!!

SRHibs
27-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Unbelievable

What does it turn out to be ......... Colin P I mean Nish has gone to Hartlepool. Hardly news from Hibs when he was punted months ago !!

Typical west coast biased. Couldn't give a damn about anything outwith the OF. Probably had no idea he had been released !!

Another example was that new newsreader - isnae bad looking - but a couple of weeks ago she couldn't even pronounce the SRU boy McKie's name properly. Kept referring to him as Mackay. Nowt to do with the OF so we'll not even research or prepare !!!

Rant over !!!!!

Presumably national rugby is a fairly big thing too, so I think you're being a bit paranoid here.

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Unbelievable

Rant over !!!!!

Needless. Get a grip

AlbertK86
27-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Needless. Get a grip

Opinions mate ... We are allowed them and if i remeber correctly is that not what this forum is all about !! and he is still one of the worst players I've seen in a Hibs shirt in over 40 years.

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Good luck Colin! I'm sure he'll be back at ER to watch his boyhood heroes from the stands in the future anyway.

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Opinions mate ... We are allowed them and if i remeber correctly is that not what this forum is all about !! and he is still one of the worst players I've seen in a Hibs shirt in over 40 years.

Yeah your entitled to your opinion obviously, but the guy has moved on and is no longer at the club. Just leave it.

AlbertK86
27-06-2011, 05:58 PM
apologies boss !

Bostonhibby
27-06-2011, 06:29 PM
All the best big yin. You're nowhere near as bad as some of the slavers on here suggest.

One thing he can look back on and say is that he played for, and scored numerous times for, the team he'll always support. The mong squad who berated him incessantly will never be able to say that so he's already one up on that band of 'supporters'.

Good luck Nishy.

:agree: Wot he sed :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
27-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Good luck to Colin , hope it works out well for him......a good hibby that lived the dream:agree:

Bishop Hibee
27-06-2011, 07:02 PM

:greengrin The memory of Mandelson's face when H'Angus the Monkey won the Mayoral election in Hartlepool still brings a smile to my face. The bookies were fleeced. I heard of one voter who had £50 at 33/1.

Nishy worth a bet as Div 1 top scorer with Nobby Solano providing the ammunition?

Fergus52
27-06-2011, 07:21 PM
All the best colin! :flag:

Jonnyboy
27-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Good luck Nishy, I hope you do well :thumbsup:

silverhibee
27-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Good luck Nishy.

:top marks

Well said Sean.

Good luck to Colin in your new job. :aok:

Removed
27-06-2011, 08:44 PM
:agree: Wot he sed :thumbsup:

Mong squad :hmmm:

Rest I agree with though :agree:

Best of luck Nishy :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
27-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Mong squad :hmmm:

Rest I agree with though :agree:

Best of luck Nishy :thumbsup:

Thought it was a spelling mistake - whats a Mong?:offski:

Cocaine&Caviar
27-06-2011, 08:52 PM

It is a league with Huge teams, with fantastic stadia in compparison to those in the SPL, such as MK Dons, Charlton, Huddersfield, County, Preston, Shef Utd, Sheff Wed,

Iggy Pope
27-06-2011, 08:54 PM

:faf: My erse.
Either you haven't been watching closely enough then or you just have a downer on the big fellah.

Hope he does well. Nice bloke, good Hibby. Scored a few goals for us including 5 in two games that propelled us into Europe.....the rest of us can only tickle our keyboards and wish we had got near that No 9 jersey (or any jersey......)

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-06-2011, 08:56 PM

I've been there, its gash!
Seems about right!

Holmesdale Hibs
27-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Played well for his first season and must have had a decent goals per game ratio before the team collapsed last year and he lost his confidence.

Good luck to him for the future. Glad he's not joining another SPL team as could have seen him coming back to haunt us.

WellingtonHibby
28-06-2011, 12:38 AM
cheers Colin. il always remember that 30 yarder into the top corner at Dundee Utd a few seasons ago. nishy looked as shocked as everybody else when it went in!
Best of luck down south.

lEXO
28-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Unbelievable

Rant over !!!!!
F off :na na:

The_Horde
28-06-2011, 01:16 AM
All the best Nishy, totally did not deserve the abuse you received from some elements of our support (one match at ER in particular) and i hope you do well down there and stick it to them. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Good luck big man, I hope this move works out for you........

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2011, 01:30 PM
If Petrie signed Nish and so we hear Rankin, why is he getting rid of both?:wink:

Andy74
28-06-2011, 02:00 PM
10th top scorer in SPL history, definately left your mark Nishy, all the best :agree:

The SPL hasn't got much of a history though.

Graham Law
28-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Wish Nishy all the best - He leaves with the unimaginable joy and great memories and pride in having have played for Hibernian and more importantly left with his dignity, a quality that a few people on here unfortunately lack!

It amazes me that some people have the need to continually slag an individual that has always openly stated his very clear love for this great club. What makes it more appauling is the fact that the guy has left and is still continually laughed at.

And lets get one thing clear here - we aint talking about some mickey mouse overseas player who comes and plays 5 mins and promotes his love of Hibs. We are talking about one of us, a person that no matter what club he was at prior to joining Hibs was never shy in stating his passion for the cabbage and a player since leaving ER who still will not have a bad word said about HIS team.

Have we lost so much connection with football now that we cannot allow a true Hibee the dignity of some mutual respect between one Hibee to another?

Ok, he had bad games in a Hibs shirt and for that debate is always worthy and fair. However, some of the personnel **** being spouted on here recently about obvious supporters of this club (who happen to currently play or have been previous players )who have had the honour of wearing the jersey has me questioning just how fickle football has become.

Good luck Nishy ...

sahib
28-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Wish Nishy all the best - He leaves with the unimaginable joy and great memories and pride in having have played for Hibernian and more importantly left with his dignity, a quality that a few people on here unfortunately lack!

It amazes me that some people have the need to continually slag an individual that has always openly stated his very clear love for this great club. What makes it more appauling is the fact that the guy has left and is still continually laughed at.

And lets get one thing clear here - we aint talking about some mickey mouse overseas player who comes and plays 5 mins and promotes his love of Hibs. We are talking about one of us, a person that no matter what club he was at prior to joining Hibs was never shy in stating his passion for the cabbage and a player since leaving ER who still will not have a bad word said about HIS team.

Have we lost so much connection with football now that we cannot allow a true Hibee the dignity of some mutual respect between one Hibee to another?

Ok, he had bad games in a Hibs shirt and for that debate is always worthy and fair. However, some of the personnel **** being spouted on here recently about obvious supporters of this club (who happen to currently play or have been previous players )who have had the honour of wearing the jersey has me questioning just how fickle football has become.

Good luck Nishy ...

He had a disappointing time at Hibs but to be fair he played under a couple of under-achieving managers in Mixu and Hughes. If he had been playing in better functioning teams and was given a role more in line with his capabilities then it might have been a happier time all round

basehibby
28-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Good luck Nish :thumbsup:

Time to move on and forget all the gash spouted by those with bigger mouths than brains.

Rather than just remembering you for falling over a lot, I'll remember your better moments such as hattrick against Motherwell and sublime double in subsequent game that got us into Europe - also an amazing finish from soon after you first joined (vs Killie???)

Gettin' Auld
28-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Here's an interesting link - Hartlepool get told all about Nishy!!

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=245553

Ed De Gramo
28-06-2011, 07:23 PM

Good luck Nishy.

This :agree:

burghhibs
28-06-2011, 08:33 PM
All the best, hope you do well down there, maybe not the best player we have had but always a tryer :wink: