PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Target Problems

brog
27-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Apologies, I didn't have time or inclination to look through the 50 page thread on CC so hope I'm not duplicating. A decision re his future must be made with great urgency. Apart from the uncertainty damaging the preparations for the new season we could miss out on potential transfer targets. The majority of players whose contract ends in 2011 will have a 30 June expiry date, ie 3 days from now. We may have no manager or a manager who is still undecided whether he is remaining. In either case the Board are unlikely to commit to any expenditure on new players. In crude parlance CC has either to s*** or get off the pot, he either fully commits to Hibs now or we get a new manager in soonest.
PS, I wanted Terry Butcher for Hibs at least 7 years ago when he was a commentator on Channel 5 during Fat Boab's League Cup run. He was articulate, smart & showed considerable knowledge of & affection for Hibs. IMO he's only enhanced his reputation in the meantime.

James70
27-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Calderwood is basically blackmailing Hibs into waiving compensation, it is clear he wants to go by the heavy hints he is dropping.

RP has a job on his hands to win this battle, we are either left stuck with an unimpressive manager who doesn't want to be here or we let him go for free or for a much reduced compensation figure.

Whatever happens Hibs will most likely be the losers.

JustSimplyHibs
27-06-2011, 12:19 PM
You ever thought that CC actions a couple of days ago are a way of getting more cash out of the board to sign new players!

CC stated that the players down south (who demand a high wage) are on holiday and dont return till July.

If rumours are true that Porter and Rooney are deciding on contracts am sure their wages will be higher than the majority of players at the club.

Calderwood may very well have sat down with Petrie and said to him like am sure many mangers have done, if you want to challenge give me more cash or am off!! (a few managers have made fleeting comments with regard to this over the last few years) am CC will say the same when/if he goes the Clubs board lacked the same ambition as he does.

Av noticed on a couple of threads relating to Herts that the Hibs followers are questioning the Jambos if they are going to stand up to their dictator.......are we as Hibs followers going to allow our board to be uninspiring in their ambitions of the club that we love???? (now that is a crime in my book - lack of ambition and settling for 3rd spot or below as an achievement)

Terry Butcher no thank you. WGS or JC yes please.

Jack
27-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Was there not an announcement recently that said we were all done on the transfer market and that we would be waiting for the English to get back from holiday?

Seemed a bit odd to me as the targets we historically go for would be your end of contract types, so we wouldn’t need to go through the clubs.

It suggested to me that we were going for loan type arrangements which I doubt will be at the top of their agendas or your Stokes type signing, probably an even lower priority than loans!

God forbid we pay actual cash for anyone (I know we have) that might hurry a club to do business with us.

I’d imagine all CCs transfer targets will have been identified and letters sent 2nd class, to save on postage, but as you say all this could be up in the air with Uncle Rod boiling the kettle as I type getting those stamps off again!

aberhibsfc
27-06-2011, 12:26 PM
If his departure is to be, I would rather sooner than later so we can get someone in and for them to identify their own targets, hopefully review the DR situ too.

As far as the compo goes, yes it would be nice, but we paid nothing to get him and weighing things up it would be far more costly to our clubs preparation. I would rather give up the chase regards compo to rid now. We will probably have to pay some ourselves if the target is going to be Michael O'Neill.

If the vacancy appears I'd like to see what interest it would generate. We may encourage good managers from further afield and should not restrict ourselves in terms of mileage or relationship with the club. If that is to be O'Neill then I'd be happy enough but I'd like to keep an open mind in the interm.

As people have pointed out, CC can't have his cake and eat it at our expense. If he wants to go without proving himself then fine, let's just get things done and move on. It's his CV at the end of the day and I'd rather that was the case as opposed to us enduring a protracted annual transition period.

keep the faith
27-06-2011, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=brog;2842342]Apologies, I didn't have time or inclination to look through the 50 page thread on CC so hope I'm not duplicating. A decision re his future must be made with great urgency. Apart from the uncertainty damaging the preparations for the new season we could miss out on potential transfer targets. The majority of players whose contract ends in 2011 will have a 30 June expiry date, ie 3 days from now. We may have no manager or a manager who is still undecided whether he is remaining. In either case the Board are unlikely to commit to any expenditure on new players. In crude parlance CC has either to s*** or get off the pot, he either fully commits to Hibs now or we get a new manager in soonest.
PS, I wanted Terry Butcher for Hibs at least 7 years ago when he was a commentator on Channel 5 during Fat Boab's League Cup run. He was articulate, smart & showed considerable knowledge of & affection for Hibs. IMO he's only enhanced his reputation in the meantime.[/QUO

I agree with everything there.

Spike Mandela
27-06-2011, 12:36 PM
If transfer targets are at an advanced stage And CC leaves I'm sure the new manager will be consulted as to whether he would like these deals concluded or vetoed. Life goes on.

Speedway
27-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Apologies, I didn't have time or inclination to look through the 50 page thread on CC so hope I'm not duplicating. A decision re his future must be made with great urgency. Apart from the uncertainty damaging the preparations for the new season we could miss out on potential transfer targets. The majority of players whose contract ends in 2011 will have a 30 June expiry date, ie 3 days from now. We may have no manager or a manager who is still undecided whether he is remaining. In either case the Board are unlikely to commit to any expenditure on new players. In crude parlance CC has either to s*** or get off the pot, he either fully commits to Hibs now or we get a new manager in soonest.
PS, I wanted Terry Butcher for Hibs at least 7 years ago when he was a commentator on Channel 5 during Fat Boab's League Cup run. He was articulate, smart & showed considerable knowledge of & affection for Hibs. IMO he's only enhanced his reputation in the meantime.

The guy who signs the players is still there regardless of who the coach is.

aberhibsfc
27-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Yeah but if it comes to pass, i hope we'll be signing a manager with an opinion not just a coach. There's nothing wrong with someone from the club negotiating with a 3rd party (coach). They will be more comfortable with contracts, finances, legalities etc. On the football side though, the manager has to identify them before that final stage is concluded.

RIP
27-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Apologies, I didn't have time or inclination to look through the 50 page thread on CC so hope I'm not duplicating. A decision re his future must be made with great urgency. Apart from the uncertainty damaging the preparations for the new season we could miss out on potential transfer targets. The majority of players whose contract ends in 2011 will have a 30 June expiry date, ie 3 days from now. We may have no manager or a manager who is still undecided whether he is remaining. In either case the Board are unlikely to commit to any expenditure on new players.

Gee!!

I didn't think there were any Hibs fans left who believed that the team coach was responsible for bringing in new players.

HibsMax
27-06-2011, 01:48 PM
If transfer targets are at an advanced stage And CC leaves I'm sure the new manager will be consulted as to whether he would like these deals concluded or vetoed. Life goes on.

Nothing in the pipeline according to Colin.

Albion Hibs
27-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Have any of these clubs put anything on the table? If not then this is nothing more than a rumour mill and Calderwood has stated he is at Hibs. In addition to that he has a contract with Hibs. I was also under the impression that we had done our transfer dealings for the summer.

I think the only thing that needs to be sorted out is the constrant rumour mill around this situation. IF and when something is put on the table the club may have something to think about, if not then it is irrelevant.

brog
27-06-2011, 04:32 PM

I'm sure he is but he's not the person who identifies the players, with exception of those he knows from having previously been at ER. Does anyone seriously think RP picked out O'Hanlon?? He probably couldn't pick out Paul Hanlon!
My worry is we may be in a vacuum for some period & players in whom we've expressed an interest, say Rooney, take options elsewhere.

Matty_Jack04
27-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Where has it been said our buisness is done? I'd be hugely surprised if there's no more comings and goings.

What's been saids right how can CC expect backing from us the board or the players when he can't say for sure he'l honour a contract he signed last year, also of he does pack his bags and go I think questions have to be answered about what's going on down there we've been in turmoil behind the scenes for years, something's got to be done attractive balance sheets or not the board of directors are running a football team and right now it's difficult to think about the new season never mind sit through it

sesoim
27-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Calderwood is basically blackmailing Hibs into waiving compensation, it is clear he wants to go by the heavy hints he is dropping.

RP has a job on his hands to win this battle, we are either left stuck with an unimpressive manager who doesn't want to be here or we let him go for free or for a much reduced compensation figure.

Whatever happens Hibs will most likely be the losers.

If Calderwood leaves for nothing how will we be losers? We'll have saved a fair whack on the compensation we'd have to pay him in September when we sack him.

SRHibs
27-06-2011, 05:11 PM
If Calderwood leaves for nothing how will we be losers? We'll have saved a fair whack on the compensation we'd have to pay him in September when we sack him.

Factor in the amount we'll have to pay in compensation for his replacement, and we will have made an overall loss.

As for pre-empting his sacking, well, it might be a tongue-in-cheek post, but it probably won't be far off knowing our club.

brog
03-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Admins, as I see there are a few posters on mega thread ( & journos ) now expressing same concerns as above perhaps this could be merged into the uber thread? That may help get over 100 pages & that milestone may persuade either RP or CC to make up their mind & let us get our club back!!

The Falcon
03-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Nothing in the pipeline according to Colin.

Maybe Rod's no telling him anymore :devil:

:greengrin

HNA7
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Admins, as I see there are a few posters on mega thread ( & journos ) now expressing same concerns as above perhaps this could be merged into the uber thread? That may help get over 100 pages & that milestone may persuade either RP or CC to make up their mind & let us get our club back!!

It could be merged with the Calendar thread :devil:

Cropley10
04-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I was also under the impression that we had done our transfer dealings for the summer.

Link? Source?