PDA

View Full Version : cc

malcky
26-06-2011, 10:27 PM
is he away?

matty_f
26-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Nothing official as yet, though a few rumours doing the rounds (as they have been since last week).

malcky
26-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Nothing official as yet, though a few rumours doing the rounds (as they have been since last week).

was out all day noticed a 4 pager of who our next boss is going to be. just wondered
:confused:

Removed
26-06-2011, 10:38 PM

And the one person with the power to stop it didn't :rolleyes:

matty_f
26-06-2011, 10:39 PM
And the one person with the power to stop it didn't :rolleyes:

Spiderman? :dunno:

HibeeMG
26-06-2011, 10:41 PM

Hmmm, I dunno. With great power comes great responsibility. Not something that is embraced by most Hibs managers!

PC Stamp
26-06-2011, 10:42 PM

More like James Bond what with the never say never quote! :rolleyes:

malcky
26-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Hmmm, I dunno. With great power comes great responsibility. Not something that is embraced by most Hibs managers!

just wish it was sorted so we can get along with planning the new season

matty_f
26-06-2011, 10:43 PM
More like James Bond what with the never say never quote! :rolleyes:

:top marks

Removed
26-06-2011, 10:48 PM

:yawn:

RickyS
26-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I think Monday will be a big day, Rod knows it can't drag on. both parties will have had the weekend to think and hopefully Rod can organise to meet cc halfway between where ever the **** he has been this weekend, take the car back, rip his HFC shirt off and tell him never to set foot in the Leith San Siro again.

Liberal Hibby
26-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Um who was copied in? :confused:

Tricla
26-06-2011, 11:19 PM

Photocopyerman!

:take that

matty_f
26-06-2011, 11:20 PM
:yawn:
Cheer up, was just a joke!

Photocopierman!

:take that
:hilarious

hfc-1875
27-06-2011, 01:57 AM
cc is definately away.

Prawn Sandwich
27-06-2011, 04:38 AM
This is the most detailed report in the Herald I have about whole debacle. It seems to the journalist no doubt he is off particularly when you read the bit about his personal life.

http://www.heraldscotland.com:80/sport/spl/hibernian/if-someone-offers-you-two-bags-of-sweets-you-look-in-both-before-you-choose-1.1108403

The Herald - 25 Jun 2011
analysis He might be enigmatic but there seems little doubt Colin Calderwood is set to leave Hibernian, says Richard Wilson

T he only certainty Colin Calderwood revealed was that he is unsure about his future. At a pre-arranged press conference at Hibernian’s training ground, the manager only strengthened the expectation that he is about to return to England, probably to Birmingham City. “If someone offers you two bags of sweets,” he said, “you look in both before you choose.”

The remark is enigmatic, but then Calderwood has always seemed a little vague during his time at Easter Road. There can be a brusqueness to him that makes him seem withdrawn, and he has never appeared wholly settled in Scotland. After every weekend match, Calderwood drove back down to his family home in Northampton and, although his partner and children did not move with him to his previous post in Newcastle either, the separation was viewed as a lack of commitment, at least to holding the Hibs job long-term.

With Steve McClaren keen to bring him back to Nottingham Forest as his assistant manager and development coach, and Chris Hughton wanting to appoint him his No.2 at Birmingham City, Calderwood has suddenly become a sought-after figure. An assertion that he wants to stay at Easter Road would have been enough to quell the speculation, but instead Calderwood talked around it, as if unwilling to make any kind of pledge other than to his own obligations.

“There hasn’t been any contact with the chairman here,” Calderwood said. “But there has got to be something within the story. I’m in a really fortunate position to have the chance, if I did. Do I have a good choice to make? It would be a very hard choice. Obviously the commitment the club have given me, in terms of bringing players in, means it would be a hard one to contemplate, walking away. But there has to be things you aspire to in your career path.”

Boris
27-06-2011, 05:16 AM
I think Monday will be a big day, Rod knows it can't drag on. both parties will have had the weekend to think and hopefully Rod can organise to meet cc halfway between where ever the **** he has been this weekend, take the car back, rip his HFC shirt off and tell him never to set foot in the Leith San Siro again.

:top marksSpot on. Save him the drive from Northampton though - just tell him to do one after his interview last week. Last thing we need at this stage of pre-season preparation - for what we all know was going to be a difficult season anyway - is all this speculation & the impression is a lack of leadership on & off the field. Can't be helping with season ticket sales either which I'm pretty sure will be well down on last season.