PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts suspend Thomson (MERGED)

Pages : [1] 2

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 07:39 AM
This is their story. Well the story is that the media will not give up on this particular story. See some of the attached:

"He was commenting on her figure, saying he liked her big chest, what she was wearing and would turn up in places that he knew she was going to be. Nearly every time he was in contact with her he asked her to take her top off."

"He moved on to sending her pictures of himself naked and asking her if she thought he was big. She was a 12-year-old girl, it's disgusting."

The sickened mum added: "He was well aware of how young she was. At one point he asked her how old she was now and when she told him she had turned 13, he said to her 'I knew that' before saying what he wanted to do to her. It is disgusting".

"He also invited her to come to his house for a sleepover, as long as she promised to walk around in her underwear. He tried to take her on drives and I'm just so relieved she didn't go with him. I dread to think what might have happened."

"I used to see him around all the time, he was everywhere. I would always put my head down or put sunglasses on to try and avoid him. I just hated seeing him."

"I used to shake when I did. He was always commenting on what I was wearing if I saw him. One time he drove past and waved and then later he asked if I was still wearing the leggings I had on earlier. So I'd wear things that wouldn't get his attention."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/06/26/victim-s-mum-reveals-full-horror-of-hearts-star-craig-thomson-s-depravity-86908-23228208/

There are a couple of things to say on this wretched business. Firstly, we should talk about John Wilson, the supporter charged with assault following an attack on Neil Lennon at Tynecastle in the final weeks of last season. In the case of Wilson, Hearts applied a zero tolerance attitude. They issued a statement that was unequivocal. Wilson was banned for life, they said. "All true Hearts fans will have been disgusted by what they witnessed. There is no justification for such actions, which have no place in the game of football and we have taken the severest action open to set the strongest possible deterrent."

In Romanov's world, the alleged incident involving Wilson and Lennon is disgusting and deserving of the strongest possible deterrent, but a footballer admitting to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour against two girls aged 12 and 14 is somehow worthy of forgiveness and understanding. That's a strange moral code, is it not?

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/football/Tom-English-39Romanov-and-his.6791321.jp

Houston said: "We must use this particular instance to send a clear message that children have the right to be happy and healthy, safe and secure in everything that they do. We all have a responsibility to make that happen".

"Not taking action to protect children from the risk of sexual harm is unacceptable. Allowing convicted sex offenders to continue working where they will have direct and indirect contact with children is wrong".

"There is no place in our society for role models who have been convicted of sexual offences, no matter what talents they might have".

"We would hope that everyone in football, and particularly the SFA, who are the primary governing body in Scottish football, would agree."

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Charity-Hearts-sex-offender-must.6791225.jp

matty_f
26-06-2011, 08:09 AM
This is their story. Well the story is that the media will not give up on this particular story. See some of the attached:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/06/26/victim-s-mum-reveals-full-horror-of-hearts-star-craig-thomson-s-depravity-86908-23228208/

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/football/Tom-English-39Romanov-and-his.6791321.jp

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Charity-Hearts-sex-offender-must.6791225.jp

The story from the victim and her parent makes for disturbing reading. This doesn't appear to be a case of a lad making a silly mistake, but instead one of calculated and deliberate actions. It's absolutely vile.

The point about the Yams banning the boy for trying to attack Lennon but doing nothing against Thomson is spot on. The difference between the two is that Thomson may, at some point, make them some money.

I've seen a good number of Yams who have been disgusted at the stance taken by their club, and rightly so. The owners and management should be absolutely disgusted with themselves.

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 08:17 AM
The story from the victim and her parent makes for disturbing reading. This doesn't appear to be a case of a lad making a silly mistake, but instead one of calculated and deliberate actions. It's absolutely vile.

The point about the Yams banning the boy for trying to attack Lennon but doing nothing against Thomson is spot on. The difference between the two is that Thomson may, at some point, make them some money.

I've seen a good number of Yams who have been disgusted at the stance taken by their club, and rightly so. The owners and management should be absolutely disgusted with themselves.

:agree: it will also be interesting to see what Alex Salmond has to say about this. He has held summits and is rushing through legislation, all because some daft idiots are shouting sectarian comments at each other and, yes, sometimes that results in some fights, threats etc. Yes, it is embarassing for Scottish Football!

Here we have a 12 and 14 year girl being groomed for sex by a role model. Over to you, First Minister.

Hibs07p
26-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Basically what I posted yesterday on the now closed thread.

Agree 100%.
And on the other side, if Thomson pled not guilty, further evidence from the witnesses could have proved a lot more damaging. The charges could have been a lot more serious to start with, but watered down to facilitate a guilty plea. Pleading guilty also allowed him to provide mitigating circumstances as you say, which may or may not be accurate or true.

Some things are indefensible, and Vlad's take on things prove he's not fit to run a professional football club and should be hounded out along with CT.
I personally think he's looking for a fans revolt so he can walk away, but the yams have been fed so much ****, and bent over a barrel so many times, I can't see them not accepting this rogering, the same as every other time. Even Vlad must be thinking, how much will this lot take before they start to fight back?

By pleading guilty, a lot of damning evidence was not heard in court.

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 08:21 AM
it will also be interesting to see what Alex Salmond has to say about this

'A spokesman for Alex Salmond said: "The First Minister believes that the people Craig Thomson should be apologising to are his victims. Their welfare should be the first concern of everyone in this sorry affair."

I've not got much time for Salmond, but he's spot on.

Twa Cairpets
26-06-2011, 08:21 AM
:agree: it will also be interesting to see what Alex Salmond has to say about this. He has held summits and is rushing through legislation, all because some daft idiots are shouting sectarian comments at each other and, yes, sometimes that results in some fights, threats etc. Yes, it is embarassing for Scottish Football!

Here we have a 12 and 14 year girl being groomed for sex by a role model. Over to you, First Minister.

Also interesting to see if FJK grows a pair of kahoonas and realises that if he doesnt resign, he'll be tarred with the same brush. The first time CT is on one of his team lines he loses any scrap of integrity he has left.

I've always, from a football perspective at least, given a grudging acknowledgement of his abilities as a manager. Lets see if he has any backbone within that misshapen amorphous blob of a body.

Gatecrasher
26-06-2011, 08:24 AM
'A spokesman for Alex Salmond said: "The First Minister believes that the people Craig Thomson should be apologising to are his victims. Their welfare should be the first concern of everyone in this sorry affair."

Its wierd that he refers to himself as the first minister, he will be using the royal "we" next.

As for the CT situation it just gets worse for Hearts each day, I can't imagine how angry the girls parents must be

Hibs07p
26-06-2011, 08:25 AM
'A spokesman for Alex Salmond said: "The First Minister believes that the pAeDopHIle Craig Thomson should be apologising to are his victims. Their welfare should be the first concern of everyone in this sorry affair."

Sorted that for Alex Salmonds spokesperson.

YehButNoBut
26-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Some interesting stuff on Vlad from a so called Hearts Insider in todays Record, the man is a nut job but hopefully he will remain with them for a long time. :thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HE BROODS .. THEN HE EXPLODES

THE INSIDER

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov will ignore the avalanche of criticism over his latest outburst and blame it on a conspiracy against his club, insiders predicted yesterday. One worker who has been at Tynecastle through the Romanov regime said the Russian's bizarre rant on Friday could have been predicted.
He said: "This is not a situation that landed on his desk out of the blue.
"He will have been brooding about this for days, if not weeks, and if he thought the club's official statement did not go far enough, he will have exploded and grabbed the keyboard.

"He gets trusted English journalists in Moscow to translate his statements into English. Then they get pinged to Edinburgh to be issued. "There would undoubtedly have been an attempt to tone things down but very often he will not listen to a word of criticism and demand it goes out verbatim. He is not an easy man to talk down.

"Another problem for him is that Russian is a difficult language to translate into English with accuracy in terms of nuance and meaning. "That is another frustration to him because he writes poetry and sees himself as a skilled writer with the ability to put his message across with some style. Instead, people see this ranting that seems to make no sense literally or logically."
Another insider said Romanov's background played a part.

They added: "You've got to remember where he comes from. He knows refs can be crooked and matches can be fixed and refuses to believe that there is not some level of corruption in the Scottish game. "He is a fighter and will come out swinging. He was once on a KGB blacklist when being on a list like that could have you disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"When you survive and thrive in that kind of climate, you are not particularly frightened of causing offence but the problem is that he listens to no-one."

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Also interesting to see if FJK grows a pair of kahoonas and realises that if he doesnt resign, he'll be tarred with the same brush.

He should be tarred with the same brush already. According to yesterday's Scotsman, it was him and David Southern that conducted the 'investigation' that led to them deciding there were 'mitigating circumstances' that would allow Thomson to get off the hook as far as Hearts binning him was concerned. FJK is just as, if not more, guilty than others in all this.

Having read the victim's side of the story this morning, I'm even more confused about what possible 'mitigating circumstances' they can claim are there.

Horrible, horrible club.

coco22
26-06-2011, 08:37 AM
unfortunately it probably wont be long until some other fan takes to the pitch in order to chin thompson. could claim hertz are insighting trouble if he is anywhere near a fitba ground on a saturday?

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 08:39 AM
He should be tarred with the same brush already. According to yesterday's Scotsman, it was him and David Southern that conducted the 'investigation' that led to them deciding there were 'mitigating circumstances' that would allow Thomson to get off the hook as far as Hearts binning him was concerned. FJK is just as, if not more, guilty than others in all this.

Having read the victim's side of the story this morning, I'm even more confused about what possible 'mitigating circumstance's they can claim are there.

Horrible, horrible club.

These have to be released now! Can the Yams internal investigations be asked for under freedom of information? Can a legal person answer that question?

Also, I assume that in a case like this that the police would have taken Thomson's computer away and thoroughly checked it and this would have identified the times when contact was made and the content of what was discussed.

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 08:42 AM
These have to be released now! Can the Yams internal investigations be asked for under freedom of information? Can a legal person answer that question?

Also, I assume that in a case like this that the police would have taken Thomson's computer away and thoroughly checked it and this would have identified the times when contact was made and the content of what was discussed.

Furthermore, can the police be asked to check these 'mitigating circumstances' if it is believed that someone has been incorrectly convicted?

Www1875hfc
26-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Thats what i really cant understand, Hearts ban a fan for life,for attacking Neil Lennon.And rightly so.
But allow a convicted sex offender play pro football for a so called family club?
Which is the most hidious crime?

Something wrong somewhere,Hearts are rotten to the core,and deserve everything thats coming there way.

Phil D. Rolls
26-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Its wierd that he refers to himself as the first minister, he will be using the royal "we" next.

As for the CT situation it just gets worse for Hearts each day, I can't imagine how angry the girls parents must be

I think it gives more weight to the comment that we know it is from the First Minister, rather than Alex Salmond as a man. It effectively says all of Scotland is disgusted, rather than him personally. Can't see any evidence of an ego trip there.

SkintHibby
26-06-2011, 08:52 AM
The more we are finding out, the more depraved this individual becomes.

How HOMFC can stand by him is truly beyond contempt.

One thing is for sure, as someone else has pointed out, no way can those idiots at Tynecastle sing anything about big Jock knowing.

WindyMiller
26-06-2011, 08:56 AM
IMO the mother has made some damning statements in this article.......

"until the police got in touch with her"

"then began chatting to her on MSN Messenger"

"had been a friend of the family through the girl's older sister for around six years "

"He went to school with my older daughter and he used to come about the house quite often"

"A couple of days in, he had pushed her into speaking to him in front of the
webcam"

"He moved on to sending her pictures of himself naked"

"He also invited her to come to his house for a sleepover"

......if there are any "mitigating circumstances" in this case, I'd love to hear them.

grunt
26-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Its wierd that he refers to himself as the first minister, he will be using the royal "we" next.Not so weird, really. It is the spokesman who is referring to the First Minister.

Gatecrasher
26-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Not so weird, really. It is the spokesman who is referring to the First Minister.

Mis-read that part, Fair Play

Phil D. Rolls
26-06-2011, 09:05 AM

FOI is for public organisations funded by the taxpayer, Hearts are a private company.

Why not read the transcripts of the court case first if you are so concerned with the the information?

People are going on like this is an injustice along the lines of the Birmingham 6 or something. All that has happened is that a seedy little man from Bonnyrigg has been massaging his underdeveloped ego by grooming underage girls for sex.

He has been supported by his employers, who think he deserves a second chance. Their decision is out of line with the feelings of most people. Particularly those on this web site, who are even more angry because his employers are Hearts.

I think the only excuse they can make is to say there were mitigating circumstances. So be it, clearly there were or the guy would be in jail.

Of course there are shades of grey when it comes to these offences, however - he should have known better. So perhaps the mitigation is that he just isn't very bright.

I think the best policy is to let events take their natural course. Fans and other players will sort this guy out, and I would think his career would be over in less than 6 months.

ronaldo7
26-06-2011, 09:06 AM
IMO the mother has made some damning statements in this article.......

"until the police got in touch with her"

"then began chatting to her on MSN Messenger"

"had been a friend of the family through the girl's older sister for around six years "

"He went to school with my older daughter and he used to come about the house quite often"

"A couple of days in, he had pushed her into speaking to him in front of the
webcam"

"He moved on to sending her pictures of himself naked"

"He also invited her to come to his house for a sleepover"

......if there are any "mitigating circumstances" in this case, I'd love to hear them.

Maybe if David Southern and Jim Jefferies had carried out a full and impartial investigation with all parties, they would have come to a different conclusion.

Their "Investigation" seems to have been carried out using only the perpitrator of the victims. and not the victims themselves.

It seems that the families have been backed into a corner with the splashes on the Hearts official website claiming mitigating circumstances.

An absolute shambles and peoples heads should roll on this one.

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 09:08 AM
He has been supported by his employers, who think he deserves a second chance

Given that he pled guilty on two counts, you could argue he's getting a third chance.

Phil D. Rolls
26-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Given that he pled guilty on two counts, you could argue he's getting a third chance.

You could, but I think it's a cat's chance in hell once supporters and other players get a hold of him. His form will dip and he'll lose his place. He then has to spend the rest of his days living in the area as a well known pervert.

In time, the story will grow legs, and every numpty wanting to make a name for himself will be round putting jobbies through his door and letting down his tires.

As well as that he will have to make regular visits to the guys that monitor sex offenders who will want to know EVERYTHING he has been up to. It's not going to be easy at all for CT.

As for Hearts, if they had just played the humanitarian card, said that it was a terrible thing the guy did, that he is truly sorry and had let things get truly out of hand, then they might seem to be doing the right thing. But trying to blame everyone but Hearts is just so typical of them.

I have to say it's some of the righteous indignation that's starting to make me puke. The guy has been dealt with by the courts, if people think the legal system is too lax, they should be going to their MSP, not a football website.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Does anyone believe that this guys sexual interest in children will cease, now that he's been caught?

BroxburnHibee
26-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Does anyone believe that this guys sexual interest in children will cease, now that he's been caught?

Exactly!!!!

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 09:28 AM
As for Hearts, if they had just played the humanitarian card, said that it was a terrible thing the guy did, that he is truly sorry and had let things get truly out of hand, then they might seem to be doing the right thing. But trying to blame everyone but Hearts is just so typical of them.

I have to say it's some of the righteous indignation that's starting to make me puke. The guy has been dealt with by the courts, if people think the legal system is too lax, they should be going to their MSP, not a football website.

Spot on, Hertz had a chance to win back some of the respect they've lost since Romanov rolled into town, but instead they've taken another route which will see them vilified even more. And rightly so. They should very much be challenged and held to account for their statement where they try to shift the blame for Thomson's actions (and other players indiscretions too) to others, especially in a case where children are involved.

I agree on the second point, the decision has been made by the courts that unfortunately have to deal with this sort of scenario on an all too common basis.

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Hertz have said that it will not happen again! :faf:

chorley_fm
26-06-2011, 09:33 AM

probably not

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 09:46 AM

I don't think anyone is saying the courts have been too lax - it is more about Hertz's attempt to deflect blame on others!

I believe that Hertz have made a decision that will backfire on Thomson and unfortunately his family. The right decision would have been to let Thomson go and he can re-build his life without this every increasing black cloud over his head.

Baader
26-06-2011, 09:47 AM
A morally bankrupt club who have reached a staggering new nadir.

lucky
26-06-2011, 10:04 AM
FOI is for public organisations funded by the taxpayer, Hearts are a private company.

Why not read the transcripts of the court case first if you are so concerned with the the information?

People are going on like this is an injustice along the lines of the Birmingham 6 or something. All that has happened is that a seedy little man from Bonnyrigg has been massaging his underdeveloped ego by grooming underage girls for sex.

He has been supported by his employers, who think he deserves a second chance. Their decision is out of line with the feelings of most people. Particularly those on this web site, who are even more angry because his employers are Hearts.

I think the only excuse they can make is to say there were mitigating circumstances. So be it, clearly there were or the guy would be in jail.

Of course there are shades of grey when it comes to these offences, however - he should have known better. So perhaps the mitigation is that he just isn't very bright.

I think the best policy is to let events take their natural course. Fans and other players will sort this guy out, and I would think his career would be over in less than 6 months.

You could, but I think it's a cat's chance in hell once supporters and other players get a hold of him. His form will dip and he'll lose his place. He then has to spend the rest of his days living in the area as a well known pervert.

In time, the story will grow legs, and every numpty wanting to make a name for himself will be round putting jobbies through his door and letting down his tires.

As well as that he will have to make regular visits to the guys that monitor sex offenders who will want to know EVERYTHING he has been up to. It's not going to be easy at all for CT.

Two posts that are 100% correct. HoMFC have made their decsion and they and CT are going to have to live with it. Football fans will hound him out of the game.

clerriehibs
26-06-2011, 10:22 AM

"All that has happened" - would you use the same phrase in a conversation with the girls' mothers?

Maybe we're angrier than most because he's a hearts player - but the story is sufficiently interesting to the rest of the uk for the story to be right up there in the bbc's most read list - and I don't think that's because it's a make you feel good story.

And there were no mitigating circumstances. You've swallowed vlad's story hook, line and sinker. The courts decided that the deserved punishment wasn't jail. Many seem to disagree, but nowhere have mitigating circumstances been mentioned (other than by quotes on romanov), other than on that seedy club's website.

And personally, I'm getting really, really sick of the mitigating circumstances line being glibly quoted by all sorts of media, without ridiculing it for what it is, which is an excuse by romanov to avoid missing cashing in on thomson's talent (his football one) at some point in the future.

There were no mitigating circumstances. The court decided on thomson's punishment on the evidence they had. They didn't say "we won't give you the jail, because there were mitigating circumstances".

And anyone who suggests that there were probably make the victims and their families feel a whole lot worse.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-06-2011, 10:38 AM
the Beast's in for a nightmare!

i'll bet that he's never chosen to play in a derby at Easter Road.

reading what he said, i cannot believe he's still trying to shift blame on "outside influences". Stand up and be a man FFS. The judge has made a decision yet the little perv is trying to fool everyone by blaming others. Maybe he shouldnt have turned his PC on? (just a thought)

Hail the Mafia !

Forza Fred
26-06-2011, 10:42 AM
"All that has happened" - would you use the same phrase in a conversation with the girls' mothers?

And there were no mitigating circumstances. You've swallowed vlad's story hook, line and sinker. The courts decided that the deserved punishment wasn't jail. Many seem to disagree, but nowhere have mitigating circumstances been mentioned (other than by quotes on romanov), other than on that seedy club's website.

There were no mitigating circumstances. The court decided on thomson's punishment on the evidence they had. They didn't say "we won't give you the jail, because there were mitigating circumstances".

And anyone who suggests that there were probably make the victims and their families feel a whole lot worse.

100% with this.

FFS the girl was TWELVE years old!!

How CAN there be any mitigating circumstances when a TWELVE year old involved !!??

Thomson belongs in the sewers, and his actions are indefensible.

However, before we all get on our moral high horses when it comes to Hertz, while Romanov is an absolutle nut job and he has brought incalculable shame on Hearts by his sttement and refusal to sack Thomson, it is the individual that is the criminal..I'm just thakful that he didnt sign for us - his behaviour woulnt háve been any different if he was a Hertz, Hibs Falkirk or Cowdenbeath player.

And there is no room at ANY club, for the likes of him.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I have to say it's some of the righteous indignation that's starting to make me puke.

For once, I think people genuinely have the right to be indignant about this, (although I think your use of the word "righteous" implies insincerity which is unfounded, imo).

I've seen people on here becoming incandescent with rage about refereeing decisions and kick off times and transfer fees and Kevin Thomson's career choices and many other frankly trivial matters.

This is a footballer who has been grooming 12 year old children for sex. It would be a sad indictment if there wasn't anger.

I'm already utterly fed up of Scottish football. The bigotry and small mindedness is helping to make me turn my back on a sport which I have followed religiously for over 40 years.

If this player isn't sacked for gross mis-conduct, what else does it say about out our game? About our country.

I won't be party to something which condones child abuse. Sport, ffs!

I'm sorry if any of that makes you puke.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 10:49 AM
100% with this.

FFS the girl was TWELVE years old!!

How CAN there be any mitigating circumstances when a TWELVE year old involved !!??

Thomson belongs in the sewers, and his actions are indefensible.

However, before we all get on our moral high horses when it comes to Hertz, while Romanov is an absolutle nut job and he has brought incalculable shame on Hearts by his sttement and refusal to sack Thomson, it is the individual that is the criminal..I'm just thakful that he didnt sign for us - his behaviour woulnt háve been any different if he was a Hertz, Hibs Falkirk or Cowdenbeath player.

And there is no room at ANY club, for the likes of him.

I agree with you, but the point is that any other club would have sacked him.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Any club with a modicum of integrity, unfortunately hertz have no integrity, Edinburgh's shame

Eganov
26-06-2011, 11:01 AM
It's not going to be long before we're accused of points scoring at a pretty low level. Especially regarding Jeffries to quit. Thompson really deserves to get a torrid time for this, his life will be in shreds hopefully. But all the coverage will just add to the woe of the victims and their families who will no doubt just want this all to go away.

Sex offenders don't tend to get the jail in this country and not normally for a great length of time even for the gravest of crimes. Mainly because of the offender management system, the register. What's worse as a person who has probably never came to police attention before, hiding away in Jail or having to face people everyday knowing that they know your a beast? Public humiliation at it's best.

Would be interesting to see if the conditions of his probation are to stay away from youth institutions. I.e Tynie

degenerated
26-06-2011, 11:05 AM
It's not going to be long before we're accused of points scoring at a pretty low level. Especially regarding Jeffries to quit. Thompson really deserves to get a torrid time for this, his life will be in shreds hopefully. But all the coverage will just add to the woe of the victims and their families who will no doubt just want this all to go away.

Sex offenders don't tend to get the jail in this country and not normally for a great length of time even for the gravest of crimes. Mainly because of the offender management system, the register. What's worse as a person who has probably never came to police attention before, hiding away in Jail or having to face people everyday knowing that they know your a beast? Public humiliation at it's best.

Would be interesting to see if the conditions of his probation are to stay away from youth institutions. I.e Tynie

Jeffries won't quit. He was part of the investigation that identified these so called mitigating circumstances. Not only did fat Jim know, his club have stated through the scotsman that he was complicit in the decision to harbour the nonce.

Sergey
26-06-2011, 11:05 AM

Not just 'any other club' but any other employer in both the public and private sector would have shown him the door.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in any other thread, but the story is the headline news this morning on Radio 5Live.

Vlad's rants ain't deflected the story from the front pages!

Jim44
26-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Where there's muck there's brass. Sums up the whole Jambo premise on this one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Not wanting to cheapen the point of this but, VR didn't care what the fans thought when GB was hooked when the were top of the league and on fire, didn't care when three players made a stance against him including SP who will quite rightly go down as one of HOMFC's greatest captains. Nor when Rix was offered up as a world class manager. A dictator does what he wants as no one has the power to stand against him. Even if 75% of HOMFC fans never went back, i don't think that would make any difference. Their books don't balance anyway.

hibbiedon
26-06-2011, 11:28 AM

its weird how you missed the words "A Spokesman said" so I think someone else is talking the royal wee

stokesmessiah
26-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Not just 'any other club' but any other employer in both the public and private sector would have shown him the door.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in any other thread, but the story is the headline news this morning on Radio 5Live.

Vlad's rants ain't deflected the story from the front pages!

I think its actually highlighted it even more and ppl who have no interest in football have now had it drawn to their attention.

Hibee Daz
26-06-2011, 11:32 AM
As filled rolls has pointed out, this little cretin's footballing career wont last very long as there will be other pro footballers with children of there own who will be all to willing to break his ****ing legs!:jamboak:

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2011, 11:38 AM

absolutely appaling :agree:

Gatecrasher
26-06-2011, 11:45 AM
its weird how you missed the words "A Spokesman said" so I think someone else is talking the royal wee

yeah, read on a few posts and you will notice i did own up to missing that :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I think some of the outrage is coloured by the fact it has happened at HoMFC which has put additional venom into some of the language which does the situation no good.
The facts are bad enough.

It's unusual for an offender to retain their employment status as it breaches the code of conduct for employees and company principles.

CT will be managed by the police and other organisations under the MAPPA umbrella and conditions will be put in place, just how he manages those conditions will of course depend on what they are.

That Hearts have chosen to allow this persons employment to continue will bring others into the argument who usually have little to do with football.
There will be Hearts supporters who will boycott. this story wont go away.

Of course, there will be point scoring. What has happened is extraordinary. It's provided a big stick with which to beat our rivals and the opportunity won't be miissed.

To be honest, I hadn't realised the extent of Thomson's depravity when I first posted on the subject but as the facts emerge, the sense of injustice grows.

The words and actions of Jim Jeffereies and the supporters mouthpiece, Derek Watson - condoning the crimes of a convicted child sex criminal - beggar belief.

Sergey
26-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Of course, there will be point scoring. What has happened is extraordinary. It's provided a big stick with which to beat our rivals and the opportunity won't be miissed.

To be honest, I hadn't realised the extent of Thomson's depravity when I first posted on the subject but as the facts emerge, the sense of injustice grows.

The words and actions of Jim Jeffereies and the supporters mouthpiece, Derek Watson - condoning the crimes of a convicted child sex criminal - beggar belief.

....and those comments are recorded, noted and filed away for future reference.

I only know of one other club that's involved a sex-offender; that being Coventry City with Marlon King.

The Yams probably top that league with two.

I think every right-minded individual should contact HoMFC's sponsors and ask them to rethink their association with the club.

The damage has been done and the directors and staffs comments should be passed-on so they are fully aware of who and what they are investing their monies in.

basehibby
26-06-2011, 12:07 PM
The actions (or rather inaction) of Hearts in failing to dismiss CT over this seem pretty indefensible to me - it's plain as the nose on your face that Romanov wants to retain the option of cashing in on this player rather than doing the decent thing and sacking him. The "mitigating circumstances" stuff from Jeffries (surely confirming him forever more as FJK) and the fan's chairman is just so much hogwash and the curious outburst from Romanov merely confirms previous observations that the man is as mad as a bag of snakes.

IMO this will rebound on the Yams and that is exactly what they deserve. Decent Hearts fans will quite possibly boycott the club, oposition fans the length and breadth of the country will give CT a 90 min roasting whenever he appears, and his teammates will surely be as sickened as anyone else - what's the bet certain players will refuse to pass the ball to him for example???

The end result IMO will be that FJK will end up being reluctant to play the player and he'll end up being a waste of a wage, thereby eating into any profit Hearts hope to make from selling him down the line. Meanwhile Hearts will have missed the opportunity to minimise the bad publicity and will underline their status as THE premier footballing haven for under age sex offenders in the UK. Oh what a lovely club eh?!? :sick::sick::jamboak:

sahib
26-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Of course, there will be point scoring. What has happened is extraordinary. It's provided a big stick with which to beat our rivals and the opportunity won't be miissed.To be honest, I hadn't realised the extent of Thomson's depravity when I first posted on the subject but as the facts emerge, the sense of injustice grows.

It should be missed though - by a mile. I can't understand the thinking of some people, that proclaim disgust at an act, but thinks it alright to trivialises it as a means to goad their football rivals. This is very close to hypocrisy to me. The interest in it verges on the salacious.

RickyS
26-06-2011, 12:21 PM
The actions (or rather inaction) of Hearts in failing to dismiss CT over this seem pretty indefensible to me - it's plain as the nose on your face that Romanov wants to retain the option of cashing in on this player rather than doing the decent thing and sacking him. The "mitigating circumstances" stuff from Jeffries (surely confirming him forever more as FJK) and the fan's chairman is just so much hogwash and the curious outburst from Romanov merely confirms previous observations that the man is as mad as a bag of snakes.

IMO this will rebound on the Yams and that is exactly what they deserve. Decent Hearts fans will quite possibly boycott the club, oposition fans the length and breadth of the country will give CT a 90 min roasting whenever he appears, and his teammates will surely be as sickened as anyone else - what's the bet certain players will refuse to pass the ball to him for example???

The end result IMO will be that FJK will end up being reluctant to play the player and he'll end up being a waste of a wage, thereby eating into any profit Hearts hope to make from selling him down the line. Meanwhile Hearts will have missed the opportunity to minimise the bad publicity and will underline their status as THE premier footballing haven for under age sex offenders in the UK. Oh what a lovely club eh?!? :sick::sick::jamboak:

Mail journo Ronnie MacKay slating the Yams on sickback for defending Thomson, one apparently saying the 12yr was more MATURE than she made out!!!!!!!!
absolute ****bags

http://twitter.com/#!/RonnieMacKay

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 12:25 PM
It should be missed though - by a mile. I can't understand the thinking of some people, that proclaim disgust at an act, but thinks it alright to trivialises it as a means to goad their football rivals. This is very close to hypocrisy to me. The interest in it verges on the salacious.

Hearts have failed to deal with a particularly vile criminal in their midst.

It's neither hypocritical nor salacious to critisise them for their (lack of) action.

The_Todd
26-06-2011, 12:32 PM
It's not just the fact Hearts have stood by and not sacked him it's the fact that they've outright tried to shift the blame and somehow made out poor old CT is the victim here.

This isn't point scoring, this transcends rivalries, everybody including Hearts fans themselves (Derek Whathischops aside) are disgusted by Hearts actions.

Hearts need to have a good long look at themselves. A simple apology would help, and not the half assed one CT released which didn't even apologise to the victims.

Dinkydoo
26-06-2011, 12:34 PM
If this story had only been about the one indecent photograph being sent to somone who was under the age of 16, Thomson had apologised and said he didn't realise how young the girl is, he will take whatever punishment is coming to him, then that IMHO, would have been fair enough....

This however has turned out to be a very sick individual grooming a 12 yr old lassie for sex - from the victim and the mother's statements it's difficult to see it any other way.

How HMFC can continue to employee this beast is beyond me; do they have any values at all? :confused:

sunshine1875
26-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Interesting that Berwick Rangers immediately sack their U-17 Captain for some daft comment on Twitter about Neil Lennon, yet Hertz defend a player found guilty in a court for grooming a 12 and 14 year old girl for sex.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13150928.stm

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 01:37 PM
This is one of the most read stories on the BBC News site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-13918842

The Raiser
26-06-2011, 01:56 PM
First time I've been compelled to stick my tuppence worth in here for years:

Rooney up for Dad of the year. Gerrard lamps DJ's. Giggs up to astonishing shenanigans.

Henry hand balls France to the World Cup finals where they further disgrace themselves. To say nothing of the view most people have of the governing body FIFA.

Did I hear Rangers have had 21 strips in the last 7 years. Whilst wages are through the roof, fans cant even afford to attend to watch the mediocrity on offer and most clubs are on the brink of bankruptcy anyway. Rangers apparently being worth £1. Oh for a Sauzee or a Latapy or even a Zitelli.

Two Edinburgh footballers on drugs raps. U21 Edinburgh footballer gets face smashed in by team mate in training ground bust up. And now the Thomson thing. I'm surprised how many Hibs fans are using this to beat Jambo's. Yes the subsequent HMFC stance is putred, but CT could be at any club and we don't know how that club would react. You would hope they'd do the right thing, but we don't know. Money talks. Lets be careful when we throw stones, who knows which team has players who are up to equally heinous activities.

It seems so hard to watch football now. How can you take your kids to support Giggs, or Thomson etc. Not only that but you are expected to pay these guys silly amounts so that they can sit in the bookies all day, casino all night or write off their supercar on the way home.

With the Thomson situation, the more that comes out, the worse it gets. Reoffending rates for crimes is high enough in most categories to lead one to suspect that 100% of his activity has not come to light especially if seemingly accurate quotes in the Sunday Mail/Daily Record are correct (more than 1 other girl at the cop shop, he's only been done for 2, and the fact that one of them felt she couldn't tell anyone what he was like, how many others are sadly in the same boat?). As has been asked already, does anyone believe this is the turning point where CT decides never to pursue illegal subjects ever again. In my limited understanding of these types, they are likely to simply become yet more devious and dangerous. I don't have a clue how to stop or contain them or even if you can.

I doubt anyone thinks the decision to retain CT and the author of that unbelievable statement came from anyone other than VR. But anyone else connected with HMFC, from the board, to JJ, to the players become complicit if they stay on. Fridays statements are still fresh and I bet there has been a lot of soul searching by many maroon employees this weekend. Green tinted specs aside, its obvious the majority of people from all sides abhor the HMFC stance. With the media coverage including relevant charity spokespeople getting involved, I think public opinion will inevitably force VR's hand and CT will find himself watching his back in the dole queue very soon.

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 01:58 PM
This is one of the most read stories on the BBC News site.

It's currently the second most read story on the BBC site

Barney McGrew
26-06-2011, 01:59 PM
The Zemmama situation has had a mention, so lets be careful when we throw stones, who knows which team has players who are up to equally heinous activities

What's the 'Zemmama situation'?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-06-2011, 02:07 PM

V true. The subject matter is too serious imho.

I doubt who he actually plays for makes much difference to most folks attitude to what the consequences should've been for the individual though.

matty_f
26-06-2011, 02:12 PM
First time I've been compelled to stick my tuppence worth in here for years:

Rooney up for Dad of the year. Gerrard lamps DJ's. Giggs up to astonishing shenanigans.

Henry hand balls France to the World Cup finals where they further disgrace themselves. To say nothing of the view most people have of the governing body FIFA.

Did I hear Rangers have had 21 strips in the last 7 years. Whilst wages are through the roof, fans cant even afford to attend to watch the mediocrity on offer and most clubs are on the brink of bankruptcy anyway. Rangers apparently being worth £1. Oh for a Sauzee or a Latapy or even a Zitelli.

Two Edinburgh footballers on drugs raps. U21 Edinburgh footballer gets face smashed in by team mate in training ground bust up. And now the Thomson thing. I'm surprised how many Hibs fans are using this to beat Jambo's. Yes the subsequent HMFC stance is putred, but CT could be at any club and we don't know how that club would react. You would hope they'd do the right thing, but we don't know. Money talks. The Zemmama situation has had a mention, so lets be careful when we throw stones, who knows which team has players who are up to equally heinous activities.

It seems so hard to watch football now. How can you take your kids to support Giggs, or Thomson etc. Not only that but you are expected to pay these guys silly amounts so that they can sit in the bookies all day, casino all night or write off their supercar on the way home.

With the Thomson situation, the more that comes out, the worse it gets. Reoffending rates for crimes is high enough in most categories to lead one to suspect that 100% of his activity has not come to light especially if seemingly accurate quotes in the Sunday Mail/Daily Record are correct (more than 1 other girl at the cop shop, he's only been done for 2, and the fact that one of them felt she couldn't tell anyone what he was like, how many others are sadly in the same boat?). As has been asked already, does anyone believe this is the turning point where CT decides never to pursue illegal subjects ever again. In my limited understanding of these types, they are likely to simply become yet more devious and dangerous. I don't have a clue how to stop or contain them or even if you can.

I doubt anyone thinks the decision to retain CT and the author of that unbelievable statement came from anyone other than VR. But anyone else connected with HMFC, from the board, to JJ, to the players become complicit if they stay on. Fridays statements are still fresh and I bet there has been a lot of soul searching by many maroon employees this weekend. Green tinted specs aside, its obvious the majority of people from all sides abhor the HMFC stance. With the media coverage including relevant charity spokespeople getting involved, I think public opinion will inevitably force VR's hand and CT will find himself watching his back in the dole queue very soon.

What did Zemmama do wrong?:dunno:

marinello59
26-06-2011, 02:20 PM
RE Zemmama; I may have that wrong, I understood the problems getting his wife over here were due to her being underage (in my head I assumed other countries had different laws/customs that we may/may not find acceptable (Jerry Lee Lewis springs to mind)), after a quick net trawl, this may be that her age was too young for visa issues rather than UK 'consensual' issues. File this under the 'not everything on the internet is accurate'.

The ONLY place that was understood to be the situation was amongst the fantasists on kickback.

Removed
26-06-2011, 02:21 PM
RE Zemmama; I may have that wrong, I understood the problems getting his wife over here were due to her being underage (in my head I assumed other countries had different laws/customs that we may/may not find acceptable (Jerry Lee Lewis springs to mind)), after a quick net trawl, this may be that her age was too young for visa issues rather than UK 'consensual' issues. File this under the 'not everything on the internet is accurate'.

What on earth does this have to do with the Thomson case?

matty_f
26-06-2011, 02:22 PM
The ONLY place that was understood to be the situation was amongst the fantasists on kickback.
:agree:

What on earth does this have to do with the Thomson case?

Nothing.

The Raiser
26-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Just remembered why I cant be bothered with forums.
:bye:

Removed
26-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Nothing.

We both know so why would anyone even raise it :hmmm:

I've never been one for much censorship and editing/deletion of posts on here but in this instance I'd make an exception.

Removed
26-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Don't come back.

Kevvy1875
26-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Because when you make ill-informed statements you are corrected?

Kaiser1962
26-06-2011, 02:36 PM

No one will get anywhere near the transcripts in our lifetime. :greengrin

Barman Stanton
26-06-2011, 02:37 PM

You were the one that quite bizzarly compared Zemamma unable to to get a Visa for his perfectly legal wife to CT's situation!?

Kaiser1962
26-06-2011, 02:39 PM
As filled rolls has pointed out, this little cretin's footballing career wont last very long as there will be other pro footballers with children of there own who will be all to willing to break his ****ing legs!:jamboak:

I strongly suspect it will not only be those with children. It will be open season on young Thomson and not just on the football field either. Pubs, clubs, chip shops, curry houses. He will have to be on his guard the whole time.

What I would say if this was rugby we would be having a sweepstake.

Not saying its right but thats what would be happening.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 02:40 PM

:hmmm:

You made some good points and you pretty much reflect the way I feel about football at the moment, particularly if you factor in bigotry, the bombs sent to Neil Lennon and the attack on him at Tynecastle.

However, if you submit an almost lecturing post which contains defamatory inaccuracies which were invented on kickback, you're bound to get a reaction.

The Raiser
26-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Very bad example, now retracted. Self censorship in action. Thanks for pointing out the innacuracy, no thanks for the needless insults. Everyone will be happy and satisfied now I'm sure.

Point still stands, not all players are whiter than white. Edinburgh football (both sides) at a low in recent weeks.

Or do I need to say all Hibs are spotless and everyone else is morally bankrupt to be OK on this site?

Can't wait to find out what offence is taken at this.
:na na:

basehibby
26-06-2011, 03:05 PM
What did Zemmama do wrong?:dunno:

Zemama did absolutely NOTHING wrong.

IIRC - when he first arrived at Hibs his fiance was 16 years old - young but still within the bounds of legality for sex and marriage in this country, regardless of the cultural norms of his native Morroco about which I know very little.

He had to wait 2 years until she was 18 before she could come to this country as a residents wife and just when she was becoming eligible the Home Office changed the rules so that she had to be 21. That was why the club allowed Zouma to go on loan to the UAE for a long stretch - so that he could actually live with his wife!

Of course, some of the more demented and feeble minded Yamtards saw this as all the excuse they needed to trot out a load of defamatory nonsense about Zemama being a kiddie fiddler - wonder what they're saying now???

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Very bad example, now retracted. Self censorship in action. Thanks for pointing out the innacuracy, no thanks for the needless insults. Everyone will be happy and satisfied now I'm sure.

Point still stands, not all players are whiter than white. Edinburgh football (both sides) at a low in recent weeks.

Or do I need to say all Hibs are spotless and everyone else is morally bankrupt to be OK on this site?

Can't wait to find out what offence is taken at this.
:na na:

I doubt anyone will take offence, despite your antagonistic tone.

I think you just need to develop a slightly thicker skin.

Or borrow someone elses.

RIP
26-06-2011, 03:20 PM
"The family are unsure how Thomson came to be investigated but the mum told how when her daughter went to the police station about it, there were four other girls there too and she knew three of them.

She said: "He has been found guilty of two, but there is probably lots more. This is a 20 year old footballer who could probably have any girl he wanted, yet he chooses to hang around at schoolgirls' parties."

Direct from the Daily record as if to suggest there's more to this than meets the eye

iwasthere1972
26-06-2011, 03:23 PM
"The family are unsure how Thomson came to be investigated but the mum told how when her daughter went to the police station about it, there were four other girls there too and she knew three of them.

She said: "He has been found guilty of two, but there is probably lots more. This is a 20 year old footballer who could probably have any girl he wanted, yet he chooses to hang around at schoolgirls' parties."

Direct from the Daily record as if to suggest there's more to this than meets the eye

Are you sure about that?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47139000/jpg/_47139555_craig_thomson_poster.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8467657.stm&usg=__tY6Kwo4e-cA9zhbTy8zGMHX9QR4=&h=300&w=466&sz=22&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=otVL2txsgCW0RM:&tbnh=166&tbnw=222&ei=k04HTqjRL4uGhQfc-tjNDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcraig%2Bthomson%2Bhearts%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DX%26nord%3D1%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D667%26tbm%3 Disch%26prmd%3Divnsuo&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=139&vpy=108&dur=147&hovh=180&hovw=280&tx=194&ty=96&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&biw=1366&bih=667

Sorry. Thought you were saying that but now understand that it's a direct quote from the Daily Record.

WindyMiller
26-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Are you sure about that?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47139000/jpg/_47139555_craig_thomson_poster.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8467657.stm&usg=__tY6Kwo4e-cA9zhbTy8zGMHX9QR4=&h=300&w=466&sz=22&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=otVL2txsgCW0RM:&tbnh=166&tbnw=222&ei=k04HTqjRL4uGhQfc-tjNDQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcraig%2Bthomson%2Bhearts%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DX%26nord%3D1%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D667%26tbm%3 Disch%26prmd%3Divnsuo&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=139&vpy=108&dur=147&hovh=180&hovw=280&tx=194&ty=96&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&biw=1366&bih=667

They obviously meant any girl he wanted in Bonnyrigg.
:agree:

Franck Stanton
26-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Having read the victim's side of the story this morning, I'm even more confused about what possible 'mitigating circumstances' they can claim are there.

Horrible, horrible club.

Now lets not be silly here the " mitigating circustances" in this case are there for all to see, CT can be sold for a profit , plain and simple, if he didn't have any football talent to speak of rest assured he would be out the door. Disgusting behaviour by the club.

YehButNoBut
26-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Now lets not be silly here the " mitigating circustances" in this case are there for all to see, CT can be sold for a profit , plain and simple, if he didn't have any football talent to speak of rest assured he would be out the door. Disgusting behaviour by the club.

Not sure about that as who would want to buy him now, knowing all the trouble that would bring. :dunno:

steviehibsleith
26-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Hit the nail right on the head.
He came from the academy and they will want what he was going to be worth before this all happened.

What i cant understand is what value a child sex offender will be worth no matter what level of ability he has.

Incredibly wrong decision by yams they should have released him

faffkid
26-06-2011, 06:41 PM
some of the posts on Kickback are really worrying - this one in particular...

Spellczech, on 26 June 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:
There are a few of things that are troubling about this article

- The anonymity. I tend to think that if people are going to give newspaper interviews, perhaps even for money, then they ought to give up their anonymity. If children are the focus then their parents should not have the right to sell the child's story - has the unpleasant feel of pimping your child to me. That article is NOT what a protective parent would do. Indeed the woman even concedes that she failed to protect her child at the time, and blithely says she is shocked and disgusted - indeed so shocked that she's talking to the newspapers anonymously and apparently having her now-teenage daughter do the same...

- The mother appears to think Thomson needs punished by Hearts first and foremost and almost totally ignores the legal punishment. In fact so little comment on the Sheriff's punishment that it is almost not mentioned at all - why? Surely if she feels the legal punishment were insufficient she'd have lambasted the legal system, not talked about Hearts somehow failing her and her daughter? Did she really expect Hearts to contact her?

- The daughter's story. It just doesn't ring true. If she was so disgusted by him at the time and hid behind sunglasses etc why was she talking to him on a webcam for 9 months? It appears to me that the kid was mature enough to resist any overtures from Thomson, and that is pretty much where it ceased/was stopped. Thomson has done seriously ropey actions in pursuing and trying to manipulate a child in a woman's body, but it would appear the girl was more mature in both body and mind than many readers on hearing her age give credit for, and perhaps even more mature in the head than Thomson? It sounds to me like the 12 year old was in control of her actions, and whilst that does not mean what Thompson was doing is any less serious, it does mean that the implications for her that many on here have been trying to imagine are not as serious as imagined. On reading this article, I am convinced the girl is not traumatised.

bighairyfaeleith
26-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Read posts of folks on kickback saying there reaction to CT being back in the team as indifferent and
They would always support a hearts player.

Lot more posts slating the peado but still enough with posts like the above to be worrying

Holmesdale Hibs
26-06-2011, 06:56 PM

I can't see CT playing for another club after this. The more that comes out the worse it gets and I can't see any club wanting to associate themselves with him. Even ignoring the obvious moral and practical issues, he's not even that good.

Imagine the outrage on here if we signed a player with a conviction like CT? That will be the same for any set of supporters/players. What he did can not be written off as a mistake - it was premeditated and by the sounds of it has been going on for some time.

Removed
26-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Read posts of folks on kickback saying there reaction to CT being back in the team as indifferent and
They would always support a hearts player.

Lot more posts slating the peado but still enough with posts like the above to be worrying

They'll soon all be believing it's the mum and daughters fault and Thomson is the innocent party in the whole sad story :crazy:

stokesmessiah
26-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere i have not trawled through the whole thread.

I have one real issue with the whole defence that has come from Hearts fans/VR/The beast and that is them referring to it as "a" mistake. To me an example of a mistake is maybe a guy meeting a girl in a club and after sleeping with her finding out she has lied about her age (ala Trainspotting)!

What i would not consider a mistake is a 9 month orchestrated campaign to have sexual lliasons with an underage girl. There are less details about the incident with the older (i say older i believe she is 14) girl and rumblings of even more incidents with other underage girls. I am surprised this has not been taken further considering his status of being in the public eye and if anything else does come up i hope they castrate him, lock him up and chuck away the key.

As for Heart of Midlothian, what in gods name are they thinking!?? I do feel sorry for a lot of their fans who just like us have a love for their team and football and must feel disgusted about this.

To conclude, i think the whole incident is vile and as a (normally very passive) father of 2 daughters if it can seriously make me think about chinning him if he was to ever be on a football pitch again, then god knows how anyone can think putting him on a pitch is not going to provoke trouble!!

Rant over !!

Dashing Bob S
26-06-2011, 07:42 PM

Strange that. I was just thinking the same thing, but about Yam fuds.

The_Todd
26-06-2011, 08:51 PM
I see that in the Sickbag thread "Hibs revere their's, we should sack ours" (found here: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94907-hibs-revere-theirs-we-should-sack-ours/) they're somehow using the whole sorry CT affair to try and take the moral high ground?

While it seems half of Kickback is nonplussed by their clubs behaviour, I'd like to see them try.

stokesmessiah
26-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I see that in the Sickbag thread "Hibs revere their's, we should sack ours" (found here: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94907-hibs-revere-theirs-we-should-sack-ours/) they're somehow using the whole sorry CT affair to try and take the moral high ground?

While it seems half of Kickback is nonplussed by their clubs behaviour, I'd like to see them try.

I decided to have a wee click on that link to see what they were saying and was having a wee trawl through when i came across this absolutely f***** bizarre comment from Italian Lambretta (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/user/1727-italian-lambretta/).

"My 11 year old son says he's not too bothered about what Craig Thomson has done so that's good enough for me.

We won't be rushing into Tynie to hand back our season tickets".

Speechless absolutely speechless :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 10:25 PM
I decided to have a wee click on that link to see what they were saying and was having a wee trawl through when i came across this absolutely f***** bizarre comment from Italian Lambretta (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/user/1727-italian-lambretta/).

"My 11 year old son says he's not too bothered about what Craig Thomson has done so that's good enough for me.

Don't we all take our moral codes from 11 year olds?

Bostonhibby
26-06-2011, 10:57 PM

Maybe a wee transfer to Kaunus in an attempt to get him out of the spotlight?? If Vlads views are representative maybe he will fit in over there?

mickki40
26-06-2011, 11:07 PM
The whole episode is bizarre to say the least, I am dumbfounded about it all. TBF a lot of Jambos want him out according to forums on Keekback. All the players have to do is refuse to play with him. Maybe he will unbalance his side. I eagerly await August 27th

iwasthere1972
27-06-2011, 12:36 AM

What a shocking attitude to have. No surprise that the son is not bothered.

I'm surprised that the SPL/SFA don't have some laws excluding convicted sex offenders from playing in their leagues. The rule book should be rewritten.

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2011, 01:42 AM

Wow. 'My eleven year old boy sees nothing wrong in a grown man sleezing up one of his classmates, so I'm cool with it.'

That kid is going to go far with parental guidance like that. Some kids names are bound for the sex offender lists in the same way that others get put down for Eaton.

ozwoody
27-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Not only has it hit over UK,its on the news in Sydney as well! people I work with are asking me whats happening and why hearts have not sacked player,i just tell them that hearts are total **** and have no morals as a team or a club.

KiddA
27-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Here is a question, can Hibs ban CT from playing at Easter Road? after all he is a convicted pedophile :dunno: and we are a family club. Can other clubs take the same stance?

bighairyfaeleith
27-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Here is a question, can Hibs ban CT from playing at Easter Road? after all he is a convicted pedophile :dunno: and we are a family club. Can other clubs take the same stance?

Been wondering the same thing mate:agree:

cocopops1875
27-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I have not read this all the way through but I'm interested , are hearts in a position to sack him having previous for employing someone with the same conviction ? I would imaging his lawyers would do ok for him based on that alone ?

ArabHibee
27-06-2011, 06:29 AM

No one seems to know the answer to this. Why don't you email the club and ask them?

ArabHibee
27-06-2011, 06:31 AM
I have not read this all the way through but I'm interested , are hearts in a position to sack him having previous for employing someone with the same conviction ? I would imaging his lawyers would do ok for him based on that alone ?

I think this may have a lot to do with their decision for him to stay. I don't think he will play for the first team again though.

Hibby D
27-06-2011, 06:43 AM
some of the posts on Kickback are really worrying - this one in particular...

Spellczech, on 26 June 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:
There are a few of things that are troubling about this article

- The anonymity. I tend to think that if people are going to give newspaper interviews, perhaps even for money, then they ought to give up their anonymity. If children are the focus then their parents should not have the right to sell the child's story - has the unpleasant feel of pimping your child to me. That article is NOT what a protective parent would do. Indeed the woman even concedes that she failed to protect her child at the time, and blithely says she is shocked and disgusted - indeed so shocked that she's talking to the newspapers anonymously and apparently having her now-teenage daughter do the same...

- The mother appears to think Thomson needs punished by Hearts first and foremost and almost totally ignores the legal punishment. In fact so little comment on the Sheriff's punishment that it is almost not mentioned at all - why? Surely if she feels the legal punishment were insufficient she'd have lambasted the legal system, not talked about Hearts somehow failing her and her daughter? Did she really expect Hearts to contact her?

- The daughter's story. It just doesn't ring true. If she was so disgusted by him at the time and hid behind sunglasses etc why was she talking to him on a webcam for 9 months? It appears to me that the kid was mature enough to resist any overtures from Thomson, and that is pretty much where it ceased/was stopped. Thomson has done seriously ropey actions in pursuing and trying to manipulate a child in a woman's body, but it would appear the girl was more mature in both body and mind than many readers on hearing her age give credit for, and perhaps even more mature in the head than Thomson? It sounds to me like the 12 year old was in control of her actions, and whilst that does not mean what Thompson was doing is any less serious, it does mean that the implications for her that many on here have been trying to imagine are not as serious as imagined. On reading this article, I am convinced the girl is not traumatised.

After days of reading literally hundreds upon hundreds of views and comments both here and elsewhere, this is the post which causes me to break my silence!

And it's only to say how utterly utterly lost for words I am.

Speechless

Geo_1875
27-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Why bother with a sex offenders register, the Authorities should just use hertz membership list. They are some sick *******s.

DarlingtonHibee
27-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Hearts issue all over Talksport.

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 07:07 AM
I think what they're getting at is "at least we never employed Derek Riordan" - this seems to be their reasoning.

Kickback is for sick people.

Penrith Hibee
27-06-2011, 07:17 AM
I've only read a selection of the views on this subject and find myself agreeing with most of them for once! I kind of work in this field and they do not change their spots, those who like young children.

And as for anyone saying she was mature for her age (as on sickbag) that is the classic paedo's excuse especially when the sex offender knew her age. He is finished and he is ruining what's left of HOM's reputation with it.

Barney McGrew
27-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Hearts issue all over Talksport.

It's the leading story for The Sun as well.

Kaiser1962
27-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I've only read a selection of the views on this subject and find myself agreeing with most of them for once! I kind of work in this field and they do not change their spots, those who like young children.

And as for anyone saying she was mature for her age (as on sickbag) that is the classic paedo's excuse especially when the sex offender knew her age. He is finished and he is ruining what's left of HOM's reputation with it.

Isnt that bizarre? Someone also referred to the 15yo victim of Graham Rix as a "slut". She was a virgin at the time.

YehButNoBut
27-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Comments from Jim Jeffries in todays Sun

The whole situation has saddened and embarrassed Jefferies. He admitted: "This is the worst thing I've ever had to deal with. "Of course part of a manager's life is dealing with situations. "But now a lot of the time you have to think about looking at the front pages instead of the back pages in football.
"It was never that way before. You always looked at the back of the paper every time. "But there are more things in life that happen now and a lot of it is down to the lifestyles of young footballers. "The game has changed, money-wise, and for some reason it seems to lead down a certain path. It makes your heart sink.
"You don't want your club to be associated with anything like this. "You accept as a manager that you'll have to deal with problems along the road.
"But I have to be honest and say I've never felt like this.

"There's a big part of me that is sorry the player got involved because I knew what the reaction would be and he can't have any complaints because it was a bad, bad thing he did. He has made a grave error."
Now Jefferies has to try his best to ensure the situation that has suddenly enveloped Tynecastle doesn't fest er.

He'd kicked off the summer by signing John Sutton, Danny Grainger and Jamie Hamill. It set things off on a high as he tried to build on last year's stunning rise to third spot before heading off on holiday. But now once more unpredictable Romanov's astonishing actions are threatening to spoil all the good work done by a manager.

http://eu.px.invitemedia.com/rubicon_imp?returnType=image&key=AdImp&cost=3.441333&creativeID=97593&message=eJwVjEEOhDAIRa9iWE.TFhDauU1F3Wjqysxi4t2F1X .P8P8fiOA7tUqKnwkIXURbbsWtuIDI0ndcarLcLXHVLXXhmvpq rJZt56wQ1Xi.xzGu3wiPpeY5exakos7sPO7zdJQ4zySKzwu7Jx 4N&managed=false http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif?labels=NewsAndReference,Entertai nmentNews http://trgca.opt.fimserve.com/fp.gif?pixelid=287-036699&diresu=2a4cb164d43e1f0d31761388

Jefferies admitted: "There will be some games now where this gives us a situation.
"We have to make sure that if Craig ever gets back in the team - and let's not forget there's competition for places - how will he handle what's coming to him? We have to be sure as well because at the end of the day that's going to affect the performance of the rest of the players if it becomes a bit of a sideshow which gets out of hand."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3660483/Jeff-It-makes-your-heart-sink.html

steviehibsleith
27-06-2011, 08:13 AM
After days of reading literally hundreds upon hundreds of views and comments both here and elsewhere, this is the post which causes me to break my silence!

And it's only to say how utterly utterly lost for words I am.

Speechless

Agree with you totally why cant this idiot read what he has said and understand what has happened - he talked with her for 9 months on webcam !!! Jesus The paedo hasnt made a mistake or just been messing around he has pursued and attemted to take advantage of a 12 yo.

johnrebus
27-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Why has Jeffries not resigned?

How can any man with an ounce of decency or dignity continue to work in such a high profile position for a low life such as Vladimir Romanov?

He has to go

:taxi

HibeeMG
27-06-2011, 09:01 AM
According to this:

LINK (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7006791,00.html)

Jim Jefferies has warned shamed Hearts defender Craig Thomson that he might not be picked next season.

Thomson has been handed a reprieve by the club's board after pleading guilty to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour towards two under-age girls.

The decision not to sack the 20-year-old has caused outrage at the Edinburgh club, with supporters and children's charities slamming owner Vladimir Romanov.

Hearts boss Jefferies had no say in the matter and will have Thomson within his ranks when the new Scottish Premier League campaign gets underway.

He is, however, fully aware of the furore surrounding the Scotland U21 international and has hinted that he may opt to sideline him on a permanent basis.

Jefferies told the Daily Record: "I knew what the reaction would be and he can't have any complaints because it was a bad, bad thing he did.

"One of the worst things it's possible to do. He has made a grave error.
Sideshow

"It gives us a situation. We have to make sure if he ever gets back in the team - and let's not forget there's competition for places - how would he handle what's coming to him.

"We have to be sure because at the end of the day that's going to affect the performance of the rest of the players.

"We can't allow it to become a bit of a sideshow which gets out of hand.

"I think he would be going into something he has never been prepared for. He might find it will be tough for him from now on.

"But the board have made their decision regarding the matter. It's not an ideal situation."

He's saying it was the boards' decision not to sack CT.

If the man had any moral fibre he would walk away!

madabouthibs
27-06-2011, 09:06 AM
To be honest, I'm surprised he's still there!

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-06-2011, 09:12 AM
According to this:

LINK (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7006791,00.html)

He's saying it was the boards' decision not to sack CT.

If the man had any moral fibre he would walk away!Strange goings on down at the pink beast shelter.

Fat Jim knew was part of the investigation team according to Vlad!

So i don't know how fat Jim didn't know!

Maybe Vlad's telling porkies, or maybe fat Jim is. Who's telling the truth anymore down there?

What a moral bankrupt club HMFC have turned into.

CentreLine
27-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I think jeffries is essentially a decent guy and a very good manager. I would have him at ER in a minute. It will be very interesting to see what his take is on all of this but I do not think he will play Thomson. He must be finding his position at hahahahearts increasingly difficult though as must a lot of their fans.

hibs0666
27-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Fat Jim would have known alright, but will not have made the decision to keep Thomson on.

FJK will also be told that Thomson is part of the first team squad and to be treated accordingly.

If FJK had any moral fibre he would walk, but I think we all know that he will do whatever the Russian tells him to do.

ronaldo7
27-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Fat jim and David Southern carried out the "investigation"into the incident and spoke to the perpetrator of the crime without giving a jot about the victims, not even a phone call. Fat jim and his cohort provided the basis for his board to make the decision. Absolutely disgusting that the press are saying what they now are. Fat jim knew alright.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-06-2011, 09:35 AM
To be honest, I'm surprised he's still there!

Absolutely! and if he does walk what other man would want to work for this clearly unstable owner, my guess is that another Lith yes man would take it.

Oh dear nobody likes them and they don't care...:na na:

bruno
27-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Fat jim and David Southern carried out the "investigation"into the incident and spoke to the perpetrator of the crime without giving a jot about the victims, not even a phone call. Fat jim and his cohort provided the basis for his board to make the decision. Absolutely disgusting that the press are saying what they now are. Fat jim knew alright.

Many, many mistakes have been made throughout this sordid episode by CT the club and Romanov.

I think an employer calling the victim of this crime would have been another one.

The child may be trying hard to get her life back together and further opening of the wounds by someone who is outside of family, police or trained support groups may not be welcome.

On this occasion I believe it was right for JJ not to contact the family.

Allant1981
27-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I dont think FJK had much say if he was staying or not and i cant see how romanov cant pick him now, he has came out and backed CT and kept him at the club which looks like he isnt that bothered so why wouldnt he pick him, very strange man

Frazerbob
27-06-2011, 10:11 AM
He knew when he was picking the sicko in the starting 11 week after week last season.

bawheid
27-06-2011, 10:11 AM
"Jim Jefferies has warned shamed Hearts defender Craig Thomson that he might not be picked next season."

Jim Jefferies will pick who he's told to pick. If he doesn't pick Thomson for the first few games, it's only a matter of time before Vlad is on the phone/fax to him.

Romanov is clearly mentally ill. He'll see this as a challenge. Thomson will play for Hearts soon enough IMO.

Steve-O
27-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Maybe we're angrier than most because he's a hearts player - but the story is sufficiently interesting to the rest of the uk for the story to be right up there in the bbc's most read list - and I don't think that's because it's a make you feel good story.

And personally, I'm getting really, really sick of the mitigating circumstances line being glibly quoted by all sorts of media, without ridiculing it for what it is, which is an excuse by romanov to avoid missing cashing in on thomson's talent (his football one) at some point in the future.

I'm not saying there definitely were mitigating circumstances/factors, but how can you say with such certainty that there were not?

Definition - http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m036.htm

As you can see, they could well have decided that jail was not required based on mitigating factors.

There could well be something we don't know. In fact there's probably lots we don't know.

I'm not sure why the decision judgement can't be made public, with appropriate name suppression of the victims? Such things can be made public on request here.

Until we get the actual facts we're left with the slant of the media (not always trustworthy) on one side, and the slant of, er, Romanov and Hertz (always not trustworthy...) on the other.

Anyway, it looks like Hearts have lost the plot on this one and there really is only one thing they can do at this stage, for everyones sake.

Albion Hibs
27-06-2011, 10:35 AM
With regards to who did and did not know I think it would be hard to prove and we will never know...if that makes sense.

One thing for sure even if you did or did not you would be trying to distance yourself from the whole thing. JJ will not have the option of who he choses, I cant see even Mad Vlad being stupid enough to take all of this grief for a player they did not think was going to feature as part of the team.

I dont think it is fair to say JJ should walk away, where would you stop after him...all of the other players? the fact of the matter is the one person walking away should be CT. He should probably just face the fact it will be very hard for him to work let alone anything else in light of this, and on that basis get himself off to another team in a land far far away. I am sure Vlad could sort him out with some form of internal move.

One this is for sure hertz had to expect this reaction from the whole situation so I would imagine they have some sort of evil plan for dealing with things from this point forward.

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 10:45 AM
"Jim Jefferies has warned shamed Hearts defender Craig Thomson that he might not be picked next season."

Jim Jefferies will pick who he's told to pick. If he doesn't pick Thomson for the first few games, it's only a matter of time before Vlad is on the phone/fax to him.

Romanov is clearly mentally ill. He'll see this as a challenge. Thomson will play for Hearts soon enough IMO.

I'd be in shock if he does ever play again. I can picture huge groups of football supporters trying to break onto the pitch to do him in.

Beefster
27-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Correct. Just like Jefferies can be dictated to on whom not to play (Zaliukas and Kello), he'll be told to play Thomson, especially as it appears that Thomson has been retained because he may be worth something in future (although at a vastly reduced rate from someone who wasn't a convicted paedophile would be).

Jefferies can talk as tough as he likes but it doesn't change the fact that he's a doormat who left his integrity at the door the day he went to the Hearts shop to try on a shell-suit.

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I'd be in shock if he does ever play again. I can picture huge groups of football supporters trying to break onto the pitch to do him in.

In the weird and wonderful world of Vladimir Romanov, anyone who did that would get banned sine die, but Thomson can carry on. At least until he refuses to sign a new contract (cf Webster, Zaliukas, etc), that is.

bawheid
27-06-2011, 10:51 AM

As Albion Hibs suggests, they wouldn't have gone to all this trouble of trying to justify keeping him on the books if they weren't planning on playing him.

Huge groups of football supporters breaking onto the pitch isn't really going to help matters either.

The only option was to sack him. Insane that they haven't.

WindyMiller
27-06-2011, 10:51 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if they waited till the 27th. August before playing him.

H18sry
27-06-2011, 10:52 AM

CT will be faxed to Kaunas on loan very soon IMO :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
27-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Forth1 News.

Just mentioned on the news that a sponsor of Hearts have walked/parted company. I think it was MacWater or something like this. I believe their will be more to follow.

R'Albin
27-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Well done macwater:thumbsup:

Beefster
27-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Happy days. It won't be the last.

hibsforeurope
27-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Hopefully more do the right thing and withdraw their financial support.

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Great news. :agree:

Too bad it wont make that toilet look any worse.

Saorsa
27-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Forth1 News.

Just mentioned on the news that a sponsor of Hearts have walked/parted company. I think it was MacWater or something like this. I believe their will be more to follow.Well done them. Cannae see why anybody would want their company associated with that club and hopefully more will follow suit.

micka_weer
27-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Radio Scotland just announced mcb's (drinks company) drop sponsorship of hearts as a direct result of Thomson debacle

johnrebus
27-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Hopefully the first in a line of collapsing dominoes, ending with the club itself.

:aok:

DC_Hibs
27-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Shame, was hoping the messages to Wonga via their website had worked.

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Shame, was hoping the messages to Wonga via their website had worked.

Great idea!

Think i'll just pop on there and send a wee one in myself.

hibeedonald
27-06-2011, 11:27 AM
anyone know how much this would cost them?

the_ginger_hibee
27-06-2011, 11:28 AM

£5,000

Company is 'MacB Water' btw....

scott7_0(Prague)
27-06-2011, 11:29 AM

5k... not a great deal of money, but it is sending a message.

Woody1985
27-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Do they not have another thomson that plays the same position as the beasty one?

It'll be a shame on him because he'll get mistaken for ct a lot I'd imagine. Whether it be football fans at games or drunks up the town.

Benny Brazil
27-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Reading the Forth One news article - it would appear that FJK did know:

"There's a big part of me that is sorry the player got involved because I knew what the reaction would be and he can't have any complaints because it was a bad, bad thing he did. He has made a grave error.''
http://www.forthone.com/news/hearts-lose-sponsorship-over-craig-thomson/

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 11:38 AM
In the weird and wonderful world of Vladimir Romanov, anyone who did that would get banned sine die, but Thomson can carry on. At least until he refuses to sign a new contract (cf Webster, Zaliukas, etc), that is.

It's how big teams operate apparently..... what would we know? :fibber:

As Albion Hibs suggests, they wouldn't have gone to all this trouble of trying to justify keeping him on the books if they weren't planning on playing him.

Huge groups of football supporters breaking onto the pitch isn't really going to help matters either.

The only option was to sack him. Insane that they haven't.

I agree that it would only make matters worse and drag Scottish Football down to an all time low...... Although, is that even possible now?

I'm not surprised at all that he wasn't sacked. When people were talking about his "apparent" sacking last week, I had this little crazy feeling inside that he hadn't been. I wonder why.... :rolleyes:

Do they not have another thomson that plays the same position as the beasty one?

It'll be a shame on him because he'll get mistaken for ct a lot I'd imagine. Whether it be football fans at games or drunks up the town.

I would hope that most football fans would have enough sense not to mistaken him. But it's still a shame none the less.

Phil MaGlass
27-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Q. Whats Jim Devine, Vanessa Mae and Craig Thomson got in common.

A. They are all fiddlers of a kind.

Iain G
27-06-2011, 11:44 AM
This story has just been covered in the Sports news on one of the main channels here in NZ, TV3 showing a Sky UK report on the story, so it has gone pretty much global now... :agree:

Hibee87
27-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Yeah jason thomson who looks nothing like craig and is ginger iirc so nobody will make that mistake also im sure JT is pretty rank rotten so he might not even get a game anyway. However if he did play his shirt would def read like J.Thomson so cant see how there would be confusion

Dibben
27-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Blimey - Vlad has a right dilemma now...

Do the right thing v losing face after his bizarre rant!!!

:rolleyes:

ScottB
27-06-2011, 11:53 AM
They can want to play him all they like, but it will be a total nightmare if they do:

1. Will his own team mates even pass the ball to him? Can't imagine he's a popular guy down there now.

2. Opposing fans will be screaming at him non stop, hell they'll be doing this whether he plays or not. I'd imagine a lot of Hearts fans will get in on this.

3. Any time he goes anywhere near a stand, expect a rain of coins etc.

And so on. Even if they want to keep and play him, they can't. That'll become painfully obvious if they ever try it, assuming he hasn't already been jumped in town by then.

Hibee87
27-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Blimey - Vlad has a right dilemma now...

Do the right thing v losing face after his bizarre rant!!!

The thing is he wont, there have been loads of people within hearts past and present who have said vlad listens to no one.
I am actually really wondering what is goign to happen. Lets be honest now its global news, everywhere is reporting on it and the presure to sack him is growing all the time. one sponser down wont be long till the next aad the next etc nobody in there right mind is going to sign for them now whislt he is there and i wouldnt be surprised if players refused to play along side him or even train. The longer he is there the worse it is for hearts even there own fans know this and are very vocal about it (please dont post me any links to anyone trying to defend him not looking for a debate of who has said what just stating my tuppenceworth :aok:) its hard to see anyting other then total melt down occuring no sponsers, falling crowds, rising debts etc im not saying hearts will be in admin within a week or any other nonsence like that but vlad is single handidly destroying them - which is what we have said for a long time - and now the fans (majority i have spoke to) are in agreement with us at last that vlad has to go but if he goes then effectivly so do hearts if he stays ............. i can only come to the same conclusion.

Big Frank
27-06-2011, 12:01 PM
...and rightly so!

Good on them.

The rest should follow.

Jack
27-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Its all going wonga for them! :bye:

Niffy
27-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Can 'o worms there, queue the Yams looking in saying the same thing about druggy players.

hibsforeurope
27-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Can 'o worms there, queue the Yams looking in saying the same thing about druggy players.

Ian Black(Allegedly)?

Dibben
27-06-2011, 12:05 PM

They'd have a cheek considering 2 of their own have been in the papers recently for these same offences!

iwasthere1972
27-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Radio Scotland just announced mcb's (drinks company) drop sponsorship of hearts as a direct result of Thomson debacle

Good on them. I wouldn't imagine that Hearts would lose much money by them withdrawing their sponsorship (who are they anyway?) but this is more than about money.

We now need Wonga to show that they have principals and follow suit. Mind you a company that charges the vulnerable an APR of about 4000% probably don't have any.

Another headache for Vlad.

drumatic44
27-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Just heard on BBC. Scotland News that Hearts major sponsors are pulling out, that will no doubt change their attitude and the guy will be out the door PRONTO, lots more mileage in this yet !!!!

marinello59
27-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Good on them. I wouldn't imagine that Hearts would lose much money by them withdrawing their sponsorship (who are they anyway?) but this is more about money.

We now need Wonga to show that they have principals and follow suit. Mind you a company that charges the vulnerable an APR of about 4000% can't really have any.

Another headache for Vlad.

A flavoured water company owned by Sangs up in Macduff. I think they sponsor all the SPL clubs...............well all except one now.

ArabHibee
27-06-2011, 12:13 PM
MacB's sponsorship is worth approx £5,000. Not an awful lot but good on them for having principles.

ronaldo7
27-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Many, many mistakes have been made throughout this sordid episode by CT the club and Romanov.

I think an employer calling the victim of this crime would have been another one.

The child may be trying hard to get her life back together and further opening of the wounds by someone who is outside of family, police or trained support groups may not be welcome.

On this occasion I believe it was right for JJ not to contact the family.

Opinions eh.

I would have thought that a club the size of Heart of Midlothian would have in their employ, some PR gurus who are aware of how to deal with Sex offenders, and the victims thereof. You have got previous on this.

A simple phone call from the Club to say Sorry would probably have gone a long way for the Mother's of these children. However they saw fit to demonise them on your official website.

One thing I do agree with you on is that it's been handled very badly by HoMFC, however your Manager, and Managing Director have had their hands ALL over this "Investigation" which led your Board of Directors to make the stance they did.

Sorry is not hard to say, but then again maybe the "Club" are not Sorry.

Benny Brazil
27-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Just heard on BBC. Scotland News that Hearts major sponsors are pulling out, that will no doubt change their attitude and the guy will be out the door PRONTO, lots more mileage in this yet !!!!

Not doubting you but have yet to see this confirmed anywhere - the headline Wonga is no Longa would be a classic one to use for this :greengrin

Jack
27-06-2011, 12:25 PM

TBF I’ve just had a look across the road and generally that’s not what they're saying – both clubs have had drug issues (accepted by both sides) but most who suggest CT comes into the same bracket is getting a bit of a roasting.

Removed
27-06-2011, 12:28 PM
They can want to play him all they like, but it will be a total nightmare if they do:

1. Will his own team mates even pass the ball to him? Can't imagine he's a popular guy down there now.

:agree: I was told by a yam at my work that CT has been ordered to turn up at Riccarton today and the injured players that are not away on their training trip to Italy will be there as well. Apparently Kyle has said that he wants to give Thomson a good kicking.

grunt
27-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Not doubting you but have yet to see this confirmed anywhere - the headline Wonga is no Longa would be a classic one to use for this :greengrinAccording to Twitter, Wonga have said they won't change their position in terms of supporting Hearts next season.

bighairyfaeleith
27-06-2011, 12:43 PM
MacB's sponsorship is worth approx £5,000. Not an awful lot but good on them for having principles.

nice wee bit of publicity for them as well and they are up 5k next season :greengrin

Seriously though, I will be surprised if lots more don't follow suit.

iwasthere1972
27-06-2011, 12:48 PM
According to Twitter, Wonga have said they won't change their position in terms of supporting Hearts next season.

They're behind Hearts 4000%.

degenerated
27-06-2011, 12:48 PM
According to Twitter, Wonga have said they won't change their position in terms of supporting Hearts next season.

not surprisng, i'm fairly sure that a 4000 plus percent loan shark would regard any publicity as good publicity

greenginger
27-06-2011, 12:50 PM

No problems for Wonga, after all they happily sponsor Blackpool F C whose owner did a 6 year stretch for rape !

Good old Vlad dragging Edinburgh's" establishment club" into the sewers.

Hibee87
27-06-2011, 12:56 PM
C'mon guys lets not give WONGA a hard time and look at the facts.............. wonga say they wont pull out of a deal where as they know all others will, hearts will start going tits up and this is where they swoop in and pay off hearts debt to buy them off the mad one then they charge them 4000% of the loaned amount and are owed maths i cant even do.

one criminal siphining money from hearts to another - viva la wonga :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
27-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Macb has cancelled its water sponsorship of the yams. It is only worth around £5,000 a year but hopefully it is the first to do so.

Anyone think Wonga could end their deal?

ozwoody
27-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Why are the SFA so quiet about this? do they not hold the players registration? I know hearts are the employer,and they are failing in every way as to not sacking this beast,but ultimately the SFA can determing whether he plays or not.I know they are guided by hearts,but surely this is a situation where the ruling body turns round and says "enough is enough" he should not be round young fans,ballboys/girls etc.There is a total lack of sense from both hearts and the SFA

hibeeleicester
27-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Got a reply from Wonga......

Hi Lewis. I’m naturally aware of the story, but we believe it’s a matter for the club and we haven’t got comment to make. We are sponsoring the club, not an individual. I can understand your personal feelings but you would need to speak to the club about their decisions or actions.

Cheers, John

John Moorwood
Communications director

Hibee87
27-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Got a reply from Wonga......

I would write back to them and say are you happy to have this man parading your logo on his strip? are you happy that your company is willing to use a convicted s/o to advertise and thirdly you may be aware of the player situation but have you read the statements from the CLUB you sponser? umbro make hearts stips dont they? i wonder what wongas stance would be if umbro pulled its sponser as i can only imagine they are the second biggest sponsors after wonga, what if all the other sponsors pull out would there stance change then?

ScottB
27-06-2011, 03:05 PM
:agree: I was told by a yam at my work that CT has been ordered to turn up at Riccarton today and the injured players that are not away on their training trip to Italy will be there as well. Apparently Kyle has said that he wants to give Thomson a good kicking.

Well that'll be him back on the injury table for a few months after the strain of that on him :wink:

Seriously though, I can't see anything else happening other than them all kicking him up and down the place from now on.

hibeeleicester
27-06-2011, 03:13 PM
I would write back to them and say are you happy to have this man parading your logo on his strip? are you happy that your company is willing to use a convicted s/o to advertise and thirdly you may be aware of the player situation but have you read the statements from the CLUB you sponser? umbro make hearts stips dont they? i wonder what wongas stance would be if umbro pulled its sponser as i can only imagine they are the second biggest sponsors after wonga, what if all the other sponsors pull out would there stance change then?
Have sent a reply along these lines :thumbsup:

Feel free to join in....
john.moorwood@wonga.com

hibeedonald
27-06-2011, 03:18 PM
seen a post on kickback saying a plumbing firm are also pulling out too :thumbsup:

greenlex
27-06-2011, 03:21 PM
If all the sponsors pull out of contracts this only leaves Vlad more entrenched about Mafia and dodgy dealing etc. It is leading to one conclusion and that is a well played exit strategy from the so called Mad one.:top marks

Hibee87
27-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Have sent a reply along these lines :thumbsup:

Feel free to join in....
john.moorwood@wonga.com

expect a reply along the lines of 'aye but where else can we find a group of people ugly as sin to front ourt t.v adverts?...... only jambos have the woooongya man look :devil:

PaulSmith
27-06-2011, 04:27 PM
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260291-council-calls-for-hearts-to-reconsider-their-decision-to-keep-on-craig-thomson/

School refused to attend Riccarton today

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I have to say that I found CTs actions disgusting, Hearts behaviour in the whole sorry affair to be just as bad but I am uncomfortable with Hibs fans on here seemingly taking delight in writing to their sponsors demanding they withdraw sponsorship.

I agree that any company with a moral compass in working order should give HMFC a wide berth until they sort themselves out, but we're not showing ourselves up in a good light, in fact some people do seem over the moon about the situation.

ScottB
27-06-2011, 05:32 PM
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260291-council-calls-for-hearts-to-reconsider-their-decision-to-keep-on-craig-thomson/

School refused to attend Riccarton today

Hmmm I wonder if Heriot Watt could make life difficult for Hearts if such things start costing them money?

It will also make it even more difficult for the Council to aid Hearts in their stadium quest.

To be honest, at this stage it has gone on long enough that the damage is done even if they do turn round and sack him, it will only be because of external pressure rather than any morality from those in charge.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Sponsors pulling out will only serve to get Vlad's back up even more.

I honestly think he's using this whole episode as a sick ploy to show everyone who's boss. Rest assured, he will demand that Thomson plays in a game next season (against FJK's wishes) to once again prove he is the puppet-master.

He's a mentally disturbed individual with a bizarre view of life.

How can one club bar a supporter for life for vaulting a barrier and making an attempted attack on Neil Lennon yet see sense in continuing to employ and pay a convicted paedophile?

Simple really, Thomson is worth far more to them than 1 supporter out of 400,000.

Business is one thing, I can appreciate that without a doubt; telling the world that you condone and support paedophiles is another.

As if we didn't know before, there are no morals at all. Hearts as a club could potentially have morals, their fans, staff (both management and admin/clerical etc) could have morals as well, but the day they willingly handed over the reins to one man who controls this "company" every which way but loose is the day they sold their soul, integrity, pride and heritage.

They're now no more than a deplorable institution (insolvently) trading under a name that used to mean something. And whilst I'd love to say it's a crying shame for them to be viewed, locally and globally, in such a bad light, I can provide no sympathy to the fans of this "company" who brashly, arrogantly and crassly denounced all around them and hyped themselves up to an abominable degree.

And for that reason, they and their owner deserve each other.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Hmmm I wonder if Heriot Watt could make life difficult for Hearts if such things start costing them money?

It will also make it even more difficult for the Council to aid Hearts in their stadium quest.

To be honest, at this stage it has gone on long enough that the damage is done even if they do turn round and sack him, it will only be because of external pressure rather than any morality from those in charge.

Re the bit in bold, I thought about this today. If anything, it'll serve to make them look even worse. There'll be no seismic shift in their policy to adopt, maintain and champion sex offenders, they'll simply be bowing down to public pressure in arriving at a decision that they should have worked out themselves without thought, like any other normal thinking club would do.

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I have to say that I found CTs actions disgusting, Hearts behaviour in the whole sorry affair to be just as bad but I am uncomfortable with Hibs fans on here seemingly taking delight in writing to their sponsors demanding they withdraw sponsorship.

I agree that any company with a moral compass in working order should give HMFC a wide berth until they sort themselves out, but we're not showing ourselves up in a good light, in fact some people do seem over the moon about the situation.

Hearts have had all the time they need to sort themselves out. The fact that they haven't has outraged football fans, not delighted them.

There is nothing for them to think about or consider. He should have been sacked with immediate effect after the court judgement.

I personally hope all the sponsors cut their attachments from the club. Not because I'd take delight in it, but because its the very least they deserve for their inappropriate course of action, or lack of it.

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Hearts have had all the time they need to sort themselves out. The fact that they haven't has outraged football fans, not delighted them.

There is nothing for them to think about or consider. He should have been sacked with immediate effect after the court judgement.

I personally hope all the sponsors cut their attachments from the club. Not because I'd take delight in it, but because its the very least they deserve for their inappropriate course of action, or lack of it.

If you read what I wrote, I agree with you fully and I think any right-thinking company would back out of any agreements with them (Wonga aren't exactly known for morals, mind). But it's obvious some here are taking maximum pleasure out of sticking their oar in. Surely if we're that disgusted by Hearts behaviour, we shouldn't be taking pleasure out of this so much? For me it just cheapens the whole thing.

Maybe that's just me.

Removed
27-06-2011, 06:06 PM
If you read what I wrote, I agree with you fully and I think any right-thinking company would back out of any agreements with them (Wonga aren't exactly known for morals, mind). But it's obvious some here are taking maximum pleasure out of sticking their oar in. Surely if we're that disgusted by Hearts behaviour, we shouldn't be taking pleasure out of this so much? For me it just cheapens the whole thing.

Maybe that's just me.

So is it not possible to be disgusted at the situation yet :faf: at the crap that comes out of the lithuanian pr machine?

ArabHibee
27-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Opinions eh.

I would have thought that a club the size of Heart of Midlothian would have in their employ, some PR gurus who are aware of how to deal with Sex offenders, and the victims thereof. You have got previous on this.

A simple phone call from the Club to say Sorry would probably have gone a long way for the Mother's of these children. However they saw fit to demonise them on your official website.

One thing I do agree with you on is that it's been handled very badly by HoMFC, however your Manager, and Managing Director have had their hands ALL over this "Investigation" which led your Board of Directors to make the stance they did.

Sorry is not hard to say, but then again maybe the "Club" are not Sorry.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bit in bold?
Do you mean that the club should apologise to the families on behalf of Thomson for his behaviour?
Or do you mean they should apologise for the outrageous statement they made insinuating all sorts about the girls involved?
If it's the former then I don't agree with you, why should an employer apologise for something that an employee has done which is outwith their control?
If it's the latter, then I do agree with you, their statement makes them look like a bunch of tools.

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 06:13 PM
So is it not possible to be disgusted at the situation yet :faf: at the crap that comes out of the lithuanian pr machine?

I think I've not made myself clear. I am disgusted at the HMFC situation, and at the same time I was rolling around the floor laughing on Friday evening when I read the VladRant (trademark), but I haven't gone as far as writing to Hearts sponsors demanding they pull the plug in a faux-rage, and that's the bit I feel may be cheapening the whole thing - I'll bet nobody would be taking the same action if it was St Mirren or Dunfermline.

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I think I've not made myself clear. I am disgusted at the HMFC situation, and at the same time I was rolling around the floor laughing on Friday evening when I read the VladRant (trademark), but I haven't gone as far as writing to Hearts sponsors demanding they pull the plug in a faux-rage, and that's the bit I feel may be cheapening the whole thing - I'll bet nobody would be taking the same action if it was St Mirren or Dunfermline.

I bet St Mirren or Dunfermline wouldn't get themselves into this situation in the first place.

Only Hearts could make such a shameless decision IMO. :brokenyam:

Removed
27-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Thanks, that's clear now and yes, now I do tend to agree with you.

Greentinted
27-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Sponsors pulling out will only serve to get Vlad's back up even more.

I honestly think he's using this whole episode as a sick ploy to show everyone who's boss. Rest assured, he will demand that Thomson plays in a game next season (against FJK's wishes) to once again prove he is the puppet-master.

He's a mentally disturbed individual with a bizarre view of life.

How can one club bar a supporter for life for vaulting a barrier and making an attempted attack on Neil Lennon yet see sense in continuing to employ and pay a convicted paedophile?

Simple really, Thomson is worth far more to them than 1 supporter out of 400,000.

Business is one thing, I can appreciate that without a doubt; telling the world that you condone and support paedophiles is another.

As if we didn't know before, there are no morals at all. Hearts as a club could potentially have morals, their fans, staff (both management and admin/clerical etc) could have morals as well, but the day they willingly handed over the reins to one man who controls this "company" every which way but loose is the day they sold their soul, integrity, pride and heritage.

They're now no more than a deplorable institution (insolvently) trading under a name that used to mean something. And whilst I'd love to say it's a crying shame for them to be viewed, locally and globally, in such a bad light, I can provide no sympathy to the fans of this "company" who brashly, arrogantly and crassly denounced all around them and hyped themselves up to an abominable degree.

And for that reason, they and their owner deserve each other.

Superb post.
Succinct, eloquent and most importantly, 100% correct. :top marks

Mister P
27-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Been browsing for a while but can't find any mention of what he actually did. I know it was over the internet etc. Can someone shed some light.

Reading JJ doesn't want him anywhere near ballboys, mascots etc.

He's finished like.

Hibbyradge
27-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Read the big thread.

IFONLY
27-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Been browsing for a while but can't find any mention of what he actually did. I know it was over the internet etc. Can someone shed some light.

He's finished like.

Must have been on holiday on the moon

Removed
27-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Or pished in Newcastle

The Baldmans Comb
27-06-2011, 08:05 PM

He's finished like.

Google some thing like 'Sunday Mail' Craig Thompson and you can get 5 pages worth or alternatively go onto Kickback as they go into quite lurid details.

Is your PC a Spectrum or a Sinclair as it's not a difficult find.:wink:

johnbc70
27-06-2011, 08:06 PM
This cannot go on and will come to an ugly head if something is not done about the situation. The boy should do himself, his family and the club a favour and resign. I bet Vlad would sue him for breach of contract though.

Josh 01
27-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Or pished in Newcastle

Spot on :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Hes been competing with Nicola Benedetti to be the most famous fiddler in Scotland

lucky
27-06-2011, 08:23 PM
He broke the law and is now a registered pedo. The details are immaterial

lapsedhibee
27-06-2011, 08:25 PM
This cannot go on and will come to an ugly head if something is not done about the situation. The boy should do himself, his family and the club a favour and resign. I bet Vlad would sue him for breach of contract though.

Craig Thomson has resigned (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/scottish-premier/4031794/Scottish-referee-Craig-Thomson-gives-up-the-day-job.html) :wink:

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Hes been competing with Nicola Benedetti to be the most famous fiddler in Scotland
:drool:

YehButNoBut
27-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Seemingly CT has issued a statement through his lawyer

Craig Thomson asks fans to 'respect the judgement' of the court and club

Hearts player Craig Thomson has asked fans to “respect the judgement” of the court and club over his conviction for sex offences.

In a statement issued to STV News through his solicitor, Thomson points out that the sheriff who heard his case “did not consider him to be a risk to the public”.
It comes as sponsors pull out of deals with Hearts and schools cancel visits to the club’s training ground over their decision to keep the defender on.

The statement said: "Craig Thomson would ask the Hearts fans and wider public to respect the judgement both of the court and Heart of Midlothian Football Club; to recognise that the Sheriff who heard all the relevant facts and circumstances did not consider him to be a risk to the public and accordingly did not impose any restrictions on his movements or association with young people."

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260303-craig-thomson-asks-fans-to-respect-the-judgement-of-the-court-and-club/

EH6 Hibby
27-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Seemingly CT has issued a statement through his lawyer

Craig Thomson asks fans to 'respect the judgement' of the court and club

Hearts player Craig Thomson has asked fans to “respect the judgement” of the court and club over his conviction for sex offences.

In a statement issued to STV News through his solicitor, Thomson points out that the sheriff who heard his case “did not consider him to be a risk to the public”.
It comes as sponsors pull out of deals with Hearts and schools cancel visits to the club’s training ground over their decision to keep the defender on.

The statement said: "Craig Thomson would ask the Hearts fans and wider public to respect the judgement both of the court and Heart of Midlothian Football Club; to recognise that the Sheriff who heard all the relevant facts and circumstances did not consider him to be a risk to the public and accordingly did not impose any restrictions on his movements or association with young people."

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260303-craig-thomson-asks-fans-to-respect-the-judgement-of-the-court-and-club/

Surely that can't be right? He's still allowed to work with children? That is an absolute disgrace if it's true.

The_Todd
27-06-2011, 09:06 PM
And FJK has now made his thoughts known:

"There will be some games now where this gives us a situation," said Jeffries. "We have to make sure that if Craig ever gets back in the team – and let's not forget there's competition for places – how will he handle what's coming to him?

In other words "we'd better brace for the s*** hitting the fan, because I'll be getting instructions from above to pick him"

Removed
27-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Surely that can't be right? He's still allowed to work with children? That is an absolute disgrace if it's true.

I though that as well when I saw the news. Surely he would be denied by disclosure checks being on the sex offenders register?

Mister P
27-06-2011, 09:20 PM
right, just googled and found an explanation.

give me a break eh, i have been somewhat pre occupied for the last few days.:greengrin

silly laddy, he'll never get past this now.

is this the one he hit the papers for about 18 months ago...or is this yet another incident??

indeed.

Or pished in Newcastle
pished doesny even come close

JustSimplyHibs
27-06-2011, 09:24 PM
He broke the law and is now a registered pedo. The details are immaterial

He pleaded GUILTY, so alot of materials and evidence were not released during his court hearing

Judas Iscariot
27-06-2011, 09:28 PM

He's finished like.

You are a total and utter joey like...

:taxi

lapsedhibee
27-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Nobody outside HOMFC knows what the 'mitigating factors' were in his non-custodial sentencing. (If the sheriff and defendant are members of the same lodge, does that count? :dunno:)

ArabHibee
27-06-2011, 09:36 PM
He pleaded GUILTY, so alot of materials and evidence were not released during his court hearing

:hmmm:

Comiston Hibee
27-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice work - I know the top guys in this company and they are true gents (even if they are Huns) and wouldn't want their brand associated with a club that backs a sex offender.
Could be the first of the dominos to fall.....

R'Albin
27-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice work - I know the top guys in this company and they are true gents (even if they are Huns) and wouldn't want their brand associated with a club that backs a sex offender.
Could be the first of the dominos to fall.....

Lets hope so:thumbsup:

Hibby D
27-06-2011, 09:46 PM
"My name is Craig Thomson and this is my song,
...............etc.

Jeezo :rolleyes:

Removed
27-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Jeezo :rolleyes:

Way worse than that circulating D. I'm surprised it's taken so long.

Hibbyradge
27-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Nobody outside HOMFC knows what the 'mitigating factors' were in his non-custodial sentencing. (If the sheriff and defendant are members of the same lodge, does that count? :dunno:)

I was speaking with a prison chaplain today. He was incredulous that Hearts hadn't sacked Thomson.

He was equally baffled as tothe mitigating factors.

He did point out that the jails are full of people who started their "habit" in similar fashion.

Most significantly, however, he wondered what Thomson would have done if either of the girls had said yes.

Lofarl
27-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Vlads statement is akin to Gary Glitters record label saying " Good songs eh? and anyway someone somewhere has done worse...."

Hibby D
27-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Way worse than that circulating D. I'm surprised it's taken so long.

I received a similar text today from a (jambo) friend - I was more disappointed at them sending it, than it's contents (which were as predictable as it was offensive) At least I could choose to delete it.

I love a laugh as much as the next person but never when it's related to sexual crimes against children - turns my stomach.

jbwhibs70
27-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Todays SUN says may be dozens more victims.

Sean1875
27-06-2011, 11:50 PM
ill believe it when there's actually proof and not just some daft wee lassies jumping on the bandwagon to try and get attention.

SteveHFC
27-06-2011, 11:54 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3663217/Hearts-pervs-dozens-of-victims.html

jbwhibs70
28-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Sean it was the courage of two daft we lassies as you call them,that got him convicted in the first place.

Removed
28-06-2011, 12:09 AM
ill believe it when there's actually proof and not just some daft wee lassies jumping on the bandwagon to try and get attention.

Better get your tin hat on fast

Hibernian Verse
28-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Can we please put all this Craig Thomson stuff into one thread so those that aren't interested at all can just browse over it?

Sean1875
28-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Better get your tin hat on fast
Dont get me wrong im not trying to stick up for CT or anything, to me the guy is absolute vermin, all im saying is that there has been about 3 girls in my sisters year that have tried to say CT tried it on with them, just need to make sure we establish who genuinely has been targetted by this beast and to try help and support them if needed and not those just trying to get some attention and, if anything, take away the significance of what must have genuinely been a horrible time for those young girls who have been affected.

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Dont get me wrong im not trying to stick up for CT or anything, to me the guy is absolute vermin, all im saying is that there has been about 3 girls in my sisters year that have tried to say CT tried it on with them, just need to make sure we establish who genuinely has been targetted by this beast and to try help and support them if needed and not those just trying to get some attention and, if anything, take away the significance of what must have genuinely been a horrible time for those young girls who have been affected.

There probably is more victims. Sick ****.

hibs1989
28-06-2011, 12:37 AM
As usual the scottish media has blown something completly out of the water. If they showed the full story nobody would be this interested.

If you meet a girl while clubbing you suspect she legal, if her age is hiden on social network sites what do we do. Do we start id'ing girls when you buy them a drink.

The boy made a mistake. Funny feeling he is well aware of this fact. There are millions of people a lot worse than thomo yet do they get the press no they get put on a list just like him but they could be living next door to you right now. away and witch hunt them.

PATHETIC

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2011, 12:40 AM
As usual the scottish media has blown something completly out of the water. If they showed the full story nobody would be this interested.

If you meet a girl while clubbing you suspect she legal, if her age is hiden on social network sites what do we do. Do we start id'ing girls when you buy them a drink.

The boy made a mistake. Funny feeling he is well aware of this fact. There are millions of people a lot worse than thomo yet do they get the press no they get put on a list just like him but they could be living next door to you right now. away and witch hunt them.

PATHETIC

Emm, no they haven't. Your example means jack as well as he knew fine well the ages of these girls. He is a sick minded paedophile - simple as that.

Sean1875
28-06-2011, 12:40 AM

PATHETIC

The fact is though Thomson was well aware of the fact that atleast one of the girls (I believe it was the 12 year old) was well underage as he had been friends with the girls family for years and was in her older sisters class at school, disgsuting excuse of a human being.

Hibercelona
28-06-2011, 12:41 AM
There probably is more victims. Sick ****.

It's not however a fair assumption to make without any evidence to back it up.

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2011, 12:42 AM
It's not however a fair assumption to make without any evidence to back it up.

To me, if he has done it to 2 girls he wouldn't hesitate to do it to more. Just my opinion though :aok:

Hibercelona
28-06-2011, 12:46 AM
To me, if he has done it to 2 girls he wouldn't hesitate to do it to more. Just my opinion though :aok:

Possibly not.

But don't you think its a tad suspicious that all these "victims" are coming out with their stories now? :rolleyes:

Surely if he had been at it in the past, then he would have been found out a lot sooner no? :confused:

Obviously not trying defend this idiot, but lets not jump the gun here and buy into every story the press releases involving him. Especially when its from that rag.

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Possibly not.

But don't you think its a tad suspicious that all these "victims" are coming out with their stories now? :rolleyes:

Surely if he had been at it in the past, then he would have been found out a lot sooner no? :confused:

Obviously not trying defend this idiot, but lets not jump the gun here and buy into every story the press releases involving him. Especially when its from that rag.

Who knows, maybe now that its came out the girls have finally felt brave enough to come out and tell :dunno:

Hibernian Verse
28-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Dunbar you seem to be getting caught up a bit too much over this. I think Sean makes a valid point about clubbing. He's not trying to excuse the younger ones. Also, let's be honest there will be plenty girls, or more to the point PARENTS, who will look to capitalise on this. Remember that family that pretended they lost their daughter Shannon? There are people like that, and I think that's what Sean's getting at.

Dunbar Hibee
28-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Dunbar you seem to be getting caught up a bit too much over this. I think Sean makes a valid point about clubbing. He's not trying to excuse the younger ones. Also, let's be honest there will be plenty girls, or more to the point PARENTS, who will look to capitalise on this. Remember that family that pretended they lost their daughter Shannon? There are people like that, and I think that's what Sean's getting at.

I know what your saying, and you could be right. Who knows. Maybe my hatred for this guy has taken over my reasonable thinking :dunno: But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was more victims.

Hibernian Verse
28-06-2011, 12:54 AM
I know what your saying, and you could be right. Who knows. Maybe my hatred for this guy has taken over my reasonable thinking :dunno: But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was more victims.

I know what you're getting at, but I take the view of let the courts and jury deal with it - not the Daily Record or the Sun. If there are more 'victims', they'll be able to decipher who's actually a victim from the phony's, which there will be. Again, the job of the courts.

Hibercelona
28-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Who knows, maybe now that its came out the girls have finally felt brave enough to come out and tell :dunno:

Again, its possible.

But I believe that it would have been far more likely that one of them would have mentioned something to a parent, family member or friend at some point.

If it turns out that he has had other offences and there is evidence there to support this, then hopefully he'll get hit by the law to a much higher degree.

If it turns out that there have been other situations where he has sent inappropriate images to minors, then traces of that data would remain on some of the victims Hard Drives.

Hibernian Verse
28-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Guys, all I'm saying is that I know first hand what the tabloids do to stories.

Back in January, I called in with a story about a student making crystal meth at uni halls in Aberdeen. The next day the front cover of the Daily Record was 'Bomb Squad Bust Sex Drugs Lab'. The story went on to say how meth was used for sexual arousal. Nothing to do with the actual topic. They'll extort these stories for all they're worth.

rossi
28-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Haven't read the Sun for many years. Do they still have pictures of naked teenage girls on page 3? Good to see they're looking after the nations morals.

RIP
28-06-2011, 06:19 AM
The sad fact of life is that the majority of parents don't have a scooby what wee Johnny or Jenny are up to on their computers in their bedrooms at night.

Can anyone really say, hand on heart, that if their 12-year old daughter had been chatting to a man on Facebook and he was saying she had nice boobs that the wee lassie would be comfortable admitting that to their parents?

Talking to my 4 laddies they say all sorts goes on over cyberspace - bullying, name-calling, sex-talk, planning practical jokes, foul language

We parents ignore the internet at our peril

lucky
28-06-2011, 06:22 AM
In this story the 18 year old claims it was 3 years ago. She would have been 15 the paedo would have been 17. It is different. I doubt very much that there are a group of grirls who have been abused by CT called Thommo's club. The man is **** but this paper is no better

Hibbyradge
28-06-2011, 06:24 AM

What??????????????????? :bitchy:

Hibbyradge
28-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Can we please put all this Craig Thomson stuff into one thread so those that aren't interested at all can just browse over it?

It's pretty easy not to read stuff about Craig Thomson when the thread title is Craig Thomson.

Hibbyradge
28-06-2011, 06:27 AM

PATHETIC

He had known the 12 year old girl since she was 6 years old.

Beefster
28-06-2011, 06:30 AM

Because the misleading thread title attracted you in with promises of something else did it?

Instead of trying to be a member of the thread police, why don't you just use your eyes and intelligence to decide if it's a Craig Thomson thread before clicking on it?

Beefster
28-06-2011, 06:33 AM

PATHETIC

The way that you call him 'thomo' makes it sound like he might be your mate?

Unless you call all Hearts players by their nicknames...

Geo_1875
28-06-2011, 06:35 AM
So everybody reckons he was "unlucky" enough to be caught with his first 2 victims. I doubt it very much as sex cases usually get away with it for a while before being caught. Very possibly a lot of young girls out there with an interesting screensaver on ther pc.

Saorsa
28-06-2011, 06:38 AM
So everybody reckons he was "unlucky" enough to be caught with his first 2 victims. I doubt it very much as sex cases usually get away with it for a while before being caught. Very possibly a lot of young girls out there with an interesting screensaver on ther pc.:agree:
I wouldnae be the least bit surprised if there are more victims of this creep, he just got caught with these two.