trev the hat
24-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Like it :aok:

hfc rd
24-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Top class. :top marks

Bayern Bru
24-06-2011, 11:12 PM
This is a mockup of a new home kit I did back in April.

I think Hibs have got some questions to answer.

http://i55.tinypic.com/10fosxj.jpg

Edit: It's teckle. I'm having one.

Westie1875
24-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Top class. :top marks

:agree:

Shame the home top ain't that template, would've been much nicer IMO.

Bayern Bru
24-06-2011, 11:16 PM

Shame the home top ain't that template, would've been much nicer IMO.

:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
24-06-2011, 11:18 PM
crackin top :agree:

Hibee Daz
24-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Not for me I'm afraid it looks quite cheaply made if i'm honest, the home kit is far classier as it doesn't have the naff two stripe doon the shorts!

Disappointed.:coffee:

Jamesie
24-06-2011, 11:19 PM
7448 Photo taken in the club shop ten minutes ago.

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Not for me I'm afraid it looks quite cheaply made if i'm honest, the home kit is far classier as it doesn't have the naff two stripe doon the shorts!

Disapointed.:coffee:each tae their own, I think the hame strip is an abomination.

Jamesie
24-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Didn't buy it.

The material seems pretty cheap, worse than the home top, and has that has that horrible sheen to it in the light.£39.99 (OK, £29.99 when using the £10 money off voucher) for a top I wasn't convinced about wasn't great.

The fact that they weren't doing printing tonight and you would have to go back tomorrow for that - coupled by the fact the queue was about 40 deep by this point - swung it for me and I left empty handed.

itchy07
24-06-2011, 11:29 PM

Disappointed.:coffee:

I think you'll find those naff two stripes are in memory of the tram lines that will now not be serving Leith:rolleyes:

H18Y GW
24-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Like the top, hate the "Crabbies",it just looks and sounds cheap as ****.

Ed De Gramo
24-06-2011, 11:36 PM

You asked about shirt printing didn't you?

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 11:41 PM
7448 Photo taken in the club shop ten minutes ago.looks ok tae me.

Whether it would look ok on me is another matter :greengrin

ScottB
24-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Like it! Much better than the awful yellow efforts of recent times anyway.

Now need to decide between it and the home...

matty_f
24-06-2011, 11:49 PM
The away top is alright, first look I thought it looked really smart, but I'm not so sure now. It's better than the home strip which I really liked at first, but have gone off quite a bit.

Removed
24-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I think both strips look cheap and nasty. Not seen either in real life but I don't expect to change my mind tbh.

For all our 'firsts' as a club we now have to put up with 2nd hand designs and marketing campaigns that make us look silly trying to justify slopes and naff stripes.

Jamesie
24-06-2011, 11:59 PM
You asked about shirt printing didn't you?

Might have done :greengrin When they said no that made my mind up. Came home and bought one of these instead and saved about £20 in the process:

http://www.teamdirect.co.uk/prods/football/football-kits/nike-football-kits/nike-team-shirts/nike-football-shirts/nike-classic-iii-green-white-football-shirt.html

one day maybe...
25-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Might have done :greengrin When they said no that made my mind up. Came home and bought one of these instead and saved about £20 in the process:

http://www.teamdirect.co.uk/prods/football/football-kits/nike-football-kits/nike-team-shirts/nike-football-shirts/nike-classic-iii-green-white-football-shirt.html

The same strip as in my avatar :greengrin, I bought it a few months ago cracking top, although a bit on the thin side material wise.

Greentinted
25-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Me likey. makes up for its two-tone green and white sibling...:aok:

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-06-2011, 12:46 AM

This makes it look like black, whilst the pic from the website looks like a dark blue. I take it, it is black.

Carheenlea
25-06-2011, 01:51 AM
The away top is alright, first look I thought it looked really smart, but I'm not so sure now. It's better than the home strip which I really liked at first, but have gone off quite a bit.

I took the chance to look past at midnight waiting to collect someone on a delayed flight, and I did not like the black kit at all. Strangely looks good in pictures, but in the flesh it does nothing for me. Even stranger was that I did not like the home one, but seeing it tonight, I thought it looked really smart in the flesh, so used my ST voucher for that one.
I think a lot of people might be pleasantly surprised when they see us run out in it against Celtic.. When you see both strips together, the home one looks far better IMO.

Don Giovanni
25-06-2011, 02:50 AM
I think both strips look cheap and nasty. Not seen either in real life but I don't expect to change my mind tbh.

For all our 'firsts' as a club we now have to put up with 2nd hand designs and marketing campaigns that make us look silly trying to justify slopes and naff stripes.

:agree

Both are poor "designs" IMO.

Bristolhibby
25-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Is it as tight/clingy as the home one?

J

Cocaine&Caviar
25-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Can anyone remind me if the kit voucher from ST is only for people who renewed after a certain date? Did mine about 3 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything about it?

marinello59
25-06-2011, 06:26 AM
looks ok tae me.

Whether it would look ok on me is another matter :greengrin

Before you ask, aye , your bum would look big in it.
:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Is it as tight/clingy as the home one?

J

Depends on degree of fatness.

ArabHibee
25-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Can anyone remind me if the kit voucher from ST is only for people who renewed after a certain date? Did mine about 3 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything about it?
Pretty sure you had to renew earlier than that to receive the voucher. Think it was at the same time as the payment plan.

Carheenlea
25-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Pretty sure it was part of the Early Bird package along with the free cup top-up back in May.

Bristolhibby
25-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Depends on degree of fatness.

Beer belly

Hibee Daz
25-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Didn't buy it.

The material seems pretty cheap, worse than the home top, and has that has that horrible sheen to it in the light.£39.99 (OK, £29.99 when using the £10 money off voucher) for a top I wasn't convinced about wasn't great.

The fact that they weren't doing printing tonight and you would have to go back tomorrow for that - coupled by the fact the queue was about 40 deep by this point - swung it for me and I left empty handed.

That's immediately what I thought when I saw the pictures, maybe they where made in a mafia sweatshop............. you know the ones........... mad Vlad bangs on about!:wink:

ArabHibee
25-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Can you buy the shorts with your voucher. Not really into football tops but another pair of shorts for the gym/holibobs wouldn't go amiss.

offshorehibby
25-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I like it, it's a pity the home top wasn't a green and white version of the top.

Hibee Daz
25-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I think you'll find those naff two stripes are in memory of the tram lines that will now not be serving Leith:rolleyes:

Thank god for that, I thought that Puma where maybe morphing into a poor mans adidas:idea:

Saorsa
25-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Before you ask, aye , your bum would look big in it.
:greengrin:na na: :greengrin

No quite what I was thinking about though. Good job I'll probably only wear it about twice before I hang it with the others. :greengrin

MyJo
25-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Thank god for that, I thought that Puma where maybe morphing into a poor mans adidas:idea:

Adidas and Puma were created after the Dassler brothers fell out with each other. Adolf Dassler kept his sports shoe company and renamed it Adidas (Adi Dassler.....geddit!) while his older brother Rudolph Dassler quit and set up shop on the other side of town and founded Puma.

Look closely at a pair of puma shoes and you'll see that the stripe is actually 3 stripes but formed together with thin dividing lines rather than three separate stripes like Adidas have.

The two stripe thing comes from Johann Cruyff who was sponsored by Puma and removed one of the stripes from his adidas made holland strip during a world cup in loyalty to his sponsor in the Dassler brothers feud :wink:

Hibee Daz
25-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Adidas and Puma were created after the Dassler brothers fell out with each other. Adolf Dassler kept his sports shoe company and renamed it Adidas (Adi Dassler.....geddit!) while his older brother Rudolph Dassler quit and set up shop on the other side of town and founded Puma.

Look closely at a pair of puma shoes and you'll see that the stripe is actually 3 stripes but formed together with thin dividing lines rather than three separate stripes like Adidas have.

The two stripe thing comes from Johann Cruyff who was sponsored by Puma and removed one of the stripes from his adidas made holland strip during a world cup in loyalty to his sponsor in the Dassler brothers feud :wink:

Thankyou for the German sports brand history lesson dude i'll rest easy now! Oh and I think Johann should have opted for no stripes at all rather than 2..........**** me that guy has no class!:wink:

MountcastleHibs
25-06-2011, 09:36 AM

I renewed two days before the deadline of the 4tg of June and received a voucher when doing it. Looking at the leaflet, if you renewed before the 4th of June deadline, you got a £10 off voucher. Basically, everyone renewing gets one this year.

weecounty hibby
25-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Two of the poorest strips we have ever had. Sorry but they are both terrible.

TamHibs
25-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Going to head down and pick up a long sleeve one today after work. I agree with the general opinion that the logo does look pretty **** but apart from that it's a really nice top :thumbsup::thumbsup:

brydekirk
25-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Going to head down and pick up a long sleeve one today after work. I agree with the general opinion that the logo does look pretty **** but apart from that it's a really nice top :thumbsup::thumbsup:
chill, its way better than the pink WONGA :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
25-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I think the away strip is really smart.....:aok:

TamHibs
25-06-2011, 11:34 AM
chill, its way better than the pink WONGA :agree:

That is very true, moral being no matter how bad it may look we could be wearing maroon & pink.....

Rossco1875
25-06-2011, 12:42 PM
:na na: :greengrin

No quite what I was thinking about though. Good job I'll probably only wear it about twice before I hang it with the others. :greengrin

may aswell just give it to me :aok:

Diclonius
25-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I like it.

Also looks like Palsson's keeping his 91.

DH1875
25-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Quite like it, much prefer it to the home kit. Would have liked to have seen a white away strip though.

Sherlock Jones
25-06-2011, 02:13 PM

My thoughts too. Having now seen both in real life, I must say they look OK as t-shirts but as Hibernian F.C. player kit? Naw.

Saorsa
25-06-2011, 02:59 PM
may aswell just give it to me :aok:No sure it'll be your size son. :greengrin

It'll be going in my collection :agree:

R'Albin
25-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Like the kit but the collar and the crabbies logo at the back are horrendous!

Keith_M
25-06-2011, 08:19 PM

I'm not very happy with either of them. Fair enough, I'm not a football shirt wearer but I do care about what the team wears on the pitch.

The mock up someone posted previously on this thread is better than either of them. Hopefully we'll have a team on the park this season that makes us forget strip designs and reminds us what football is supposed to be about. Though at this moment I'm not too hopeful....

Pedantic_Hibee
25-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Why was Alan O'Brien modelling it?

HibeesLA
26-06-2011, 02:36 AM

Is the logo on the back on the home kit as well?

Hibrandenburg
26-06-2011, 06:37 AM

Agreed! Would like one with a proper collar that I could wear for golfing.

aussie_hibee
26-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Not that I could get a Hibs top in Australia but any teams top over here, costs $120. In the past, I've bought a Hibs top and the exchange rate has been 2.5 so I get it for $100. Last year I got the home top in long sleeve and it cost me just over $80. I've just ordered the new home top in long sleeve and due to the rate at the moment, it has cost me $62. One very happy hibby here...!

Renfrew_Hibby
26-06-2011, 06:00 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Perfumo_y_cruyff.jpg/220px-Perfumo_y_cruyff.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Perfumo_y_cruyff.jpg)Cryuff abd his 'doctored' adidas strip

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Not a massive fan of the home top, but have bought it.

Was thinking I might have been a bit quick off the mark doing that before the away top was out. But now I've seen the away kit I feel OK about getting the home one.

Black is boring, boring,boring and this one is spoiled by the two pointless stripes on the shoulder.

Ho Hum :yawn:

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Can we quickly get a picture of Calderwood wearing it.

down-the-slope
26-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I renewed two days before the deadline of the 4tg of June and received a voucher when doing it. Looking at the leaflet, if you renewed before the 4th of June deadline, you got a £10 off voucher. Basically, everyone renewing gets one this year.

:rolleyes: wheres mine then...renewed as early bird and nothing except a credit card receipt for my loot

erin go bragh
26-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Like that nike 1 :agree: that will do for me as not keen on the home or away this season !
going to ask a silly question but is the large big or is the xl needed, 40 inch chest !
ggtth

jakki
26-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I bought 2 STs before the aberdeen game and 10 days later got 2 vouchers for the strips.

Get onto them pronto.

leemel
26-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Like that nike 1 :agree: that will do for me as not keen on the home or away this season !
going to ask a silly question but is the large big or is the xl needed, 40 inch chest !
ggtth
large is fine mate.not to tight

LancashireHibby
27-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Quite like the design (only had chance to look on mobile previously as I was in France when it was unveiled) but will try one on at the Barnsley game before committing to buying it. Can't be doing with 'clingy' ones like the home strip.

erin go bragh
28-06-2011, 08:27 PM
large is fine mate.not to tight
Cheers :thumbsup:
ggtth

Gatecrasher
01-07-2011, 09:04 PM
i like the new GK top :agree:

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/cat-89-subcat-330-product-3731

edwards
01-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Wasn't to keen on the home top to begin with but it is starting to grow on me. I think the black top is really smart and might consider getting it.