PDA

View Full Version : Drug Testing!

Reaper
24-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Does anyone know if G O'C / Black or the other young lad could be subjected to Drug testing ordered by the SFA? I don't really know how it works or how long the types of drugs suggested will stay in your system in relation to the type of testing Footballers get?

madabouthibs
24-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I feel that any "random" drug testing might not be so "random" from now on. :wink:
The GFA would be delighted to catch one of us....... :agree:

Reaper
24-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I feel that any "random" drug testing might not be so "random" from now on. :wink:
The GFA would be delighted to catch one of us....... :agree:

That's what I wondered. Possibly may be mandatory a 3 'Unspecified' times of each season.

I just wondered where it would sit, with MUTU being banned after a random test and Ferdinand being banned for missing a test. Surely the beaks will think they have to act.

jdships
24-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Has G O'C been charged/ tried and found guilty of use/possession of drugs ?
Has Black been tried/ found guilty of a drug offence ?
Charges against the "other young lad" have been dropped due to "insufficient evidence "

Don't go down the tried by the media " road - please !!
Wait for the facts :rolleyes:

:confused:

hibsforeurope
24-06-2011, 09:02 PM
That's what I wondered. Possibly may be mandatory a 3 'Unspecified' times of each season.

I just wondered where it would sit, with MUTU being banned after a random test and Ferdinand being banned for missing a test. Surely the beaks will think they have to act.

Does it not depend if they use the British Olympic anti doping laws to testing procedures? If it's the sfa's own thy might be too scared incase they had to ban one of the bigot brothers

BarneyK
24-06-2011, 09:56 PM
More to the point, does anyone think Vlad could be subject to drug testing?

Reaper
25-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Has G O'C been charged/ tried and found guilty of use/possession of drugs ?
Has Black been tried/ found guilty of a drug offence ?
Charges against the "other young lad" have been dropped due to "insufficient evidence "

Don't go down the tried by the media " road - please !!
Wait for the facts :rolleyes:

:confused:

I don't think I've stated that anyone was guilty at all in my orginal thread. Just simply a question.

Black Kyle
25-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Employers would also have a case to do random or planned drug testing - already in place for lots of professions.

IFONLY
25-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know if G O'C / Black or the other young lad could be subjected to Drug testing ordered by the SFA? I don't really know how it works or how long the types of drugs suggested will stay in your system in relation to the type of testing Footballers get?

Drugs in the system as follows:Amphetamine (speed) 1-2 days Benzodiazipines:valium etc 2-3days, regular use 5-6days Heroin 1-5days depending on use, cannabis 2-5days, 30+ if heavy user cocaine 1-2days

Reaper
25-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Drugs in the system as follows:Amphetamine (speed) 1-2 days Benzodiazipines:valium etc 2-3days, regular use 5-6days Heroin 1-5days depending on use, cannabis 2-5days, 30+ if heavy user cocaine 1-2days

Thanks!

SmokieJoe
26-06-2011, 01:41 AM
I have said this long ago on another thread, it should be written into their contracts, and no alchohal 48hrs+ before matches, and random testing at the clubs discretion.