PDA

View Full Version : Yams Statements - Thomson , Gary MacKay and the Mafia (Merged Jongleurs Content)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Twa Cairpets
24-06-2011, 04:04 PM
As it says - Just tweeted by Mark Benstead - anyone know anything else?

fat freddy
24-06-2011, 04:06 PM
yes, he's signed a sponsorship deal with adidas 'predator'

Twa Cairpets
24-06-2011, 04:10 PM
yes, he's signed a sponsorship deal with adidas 'predator'

aye very good.

No, this is genuine, I was wondering if there was any other corroboration from other journalistic sources. Sad day if true.

soupy
24-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes heard it masel, brilliant stuff :-)

HibeeSince82
24-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Typical response from them mob.

Backing a peodophile again. Im still struggling to grasp how a club can back a guy who groomed a 12 year old!

itchy07
24-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Spoken to a few yams this week who said they wouldn't go and watch a hearts team with him in it.

Dunbar Hibee
24-06-2011, 04:19 PM
"The club views this matter very seriously and does not condone the behaviour of the player but sees no reason for him not to continue his career as a professional footballer and he will resume training with immediate effect."

Tweeted by Liam Mccleod.

Andy74
24-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Ball girls and mascots beware eh?

stoneyburn hibs
24-06-2011, 04:26 PM
If it is true, it is beyond the pale and endorses the fact that everything/everyone at the pbs is rotten to the core, disgusting

fat freddy
24-06-2011, 04:30 PM
over on kickback they're calling it a brave decision by vlad....the general feeling seems to be 'business as usual, lets get on with it'....those saying anything against the decision are being shot down by the majority...they're even taking the p*ss out of a poster who wants a protest at riccarton.

Dunbar Hibee
24-06-2011, 04:30 PM
More coming, Hearts have said :

"There are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance the player's conduct, no matter how distasteful was the result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything more sinister."

What a load of pish. Absolute $***.

Barney McGrew
24-06-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/craigs-apology_2241384_2381677

Brando7
24-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Thought he was a good candidate for the SFA performance directors post with his record of 9-14 talent spotting :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2011, 04:34 PM
What a shocker! Didnae think even that lot could come to a decision like that.

Barney McGrew
24-06-2011, 04:34 PM
"There are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance the player's conduct

What can possibly mitigate sending pictures of your tadger to a girl of 12/14?

I'll say it again - HMFC are morally bankrupt.

Brebners Bookie
24-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Can't believe this. Actually can't believe it.

Did'nt think even hearts could sink this low.

worst thing is they are backing the decision over on JKB, horrible horrible club.

Any small amount of respect i had for big fat jim just went if he stays and plays CT.

Shocked

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 04:37 PM
No in the least surprised with their decision, what a disgusting, grubby and morally bankrupt institution. There are nae mitigating circumstances or outside influences that can excuse his actions.

DaveF
24-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Clearly Thomson and the Yams heirarchy know all the facts whereas the courts, police and everyone else just has to go on what's been reported :rolleyes:

In the long list of lame excuses that club have made up, this one is so pathetic even I didn't think they could serve it up.

PaulSmith
24-06-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/craigs-apology_2241384_2381677

So his excuses where good enough for Hearts but not good enough to be considered in a court of law.

DaveF
24-06-2011, 04:39 PM

worst thing is they are backing the decision over on JKB, horrible horrible club.

Any small amount of respect i had for big fat jim just went if he stays and plays CT.

Shocked

I wouldn't be surpised at all, as that place is crawling with the lowest level of **** you can possibly find on the internet.

RickyS
24-06-2011, 04:41 PM
match made in heaven those two, the only club where that sort of behaviour could be brushed under the carpet.
what was Latapy sacked for?

Barney McGrew
So his excuses where good enough for Hearts but not good enough to be considered in a court of law.

:agree:

Vlad knows best. I'm sure despite what he said earlier in the week, FJK will be delighted he's been overruled again.

Twa Cairpets

Couldnt agree more. I'm genuinely stunned that they've decided to go this way. The statements are all "mitigating circumstances" and "sincere mistake". Aye ****ing right. Beneath contempt as a club - they have for once had a chance not to make themselves look like cretinous, amoral dirtbags and they failed spectacularly.

If it was a Hibs player, I genuinely wouldnt be back. It would make me sick to my pit cheering a team with a player like that in it, maybe something to do with having an eleven year old daughter.

Interesting to see how his team mates treat him in training - cant see it being good for morale.

The_Todd
24-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I doubt many Hearts fans are happy with this. Blame the club, not the fans.

bruno
24-06-2011, 04:43 PM

I see quote from website and allowing him to make an apology is one thing allowing him to continue a the club is another.

I don't care what the circumstances were, girls were 12 and 14 FFS and he should never be allowed over the doors of the club or any club.

If heeats don't terminate his contract I will be disgusted and he will never get my support.

Feel physically sick at the thought of him on the pitch

Gus Fring
24-06-2011, 04:45 PM
http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/260045-hearts-player-kept-on-by-club-after-being-found-guilty-of-sex-charges-against-young-girls/

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I see quote from website and allowing him to make an apology is one thing allowing him to continue a the club is another.

I don't care what the circumstances were, girls were 12 and 14 FFS and he should never be allowed over the doors of the club or any club.

If heeats don't terminate his contract I will be disgusted and he will never get my support.

Feel physically sick at the thought of him on the pitchAre you a season ticket holder? Will you be asking Vlad for your money back? I would never tolerate a player at my club that has done what he has. In saying that I dinnae think our board would either for all the faults I can find with them.

poolman
24-06-2011, 04:52 PM
The club views this matter very seriously and does not condone the behaviour of the player. Appropriate action to prevent any further development of unlawful activities has been taken.

How can they possibly do this :dunno:

Wotherspiniesta
24-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Couldn't make it up eh?

You have to remember though, this is a club who actually HIRED a convicted sexual predator, so why would they fire one?

Apparently the girls story is "flawed" which will be one of the reasons given by Hearts on Monday. Saying that the girl informed her mum that it was "just a bit of fun". So basically, you're allowed to be a paedophile as long as its just in a playful way :crazy:

Absolutely sick. That club is rotten from top to bottom.

Judas Iscariot
24-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Nut..

**** the hearts fans and **** the disgusting institution of Hearts as a club..

**** from top to bottom :agree:

bruno
24-06-2011, 04:58 PM
yes i am a season ticket holder as is my 13 year old son since he was 6. I genuinely never saw this coming. Without dodging the issue i genuinely don't know what i will do or how i will register my protest and disgust. Following hearts has been a huge part of my life having got my first season ticket 30 years ago. Can i throw it away in moment of anger or do i sit back and wait until i can make a rational decision. How can i teach my son right from wrong if i'm seen to condone that by supporting my team. That's right not thomson's team not vlad's team but mine and all other supporters team

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 05:00 PM
This surely is a wind up?

I cannot believe even the Yams would keep a Pedophile on their books? Spoke to a couple of them about it in the last couple of days and they were all for him being emptied.

Guess they are just gonna wear it then? that.....I have an 11yr old daughter myself who goes to games and if Hibs ever pulled something like this then I would turn my back on them forever. Some things in life are just pure wrong in every sense and there is no justification. This is one of those such things and I am still struggling to grasp the reality of the decision Hearts have made here....

Baffling to say the least.:confused:

DaveF
24-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Couldn't make it up eh?

You have to remember though, this is a club who actually HIRED a convicted sexual predator, so why would they fire one?

Apparently the girls story is "flawed" which will be one of the reasons given by Hearts on Monday. Saying that the girl informed her mum that it was "just a bit of fun". So basically, you're allowed to be a paedophile as long as its just in a playful way :crazy:

To an impressionable 12 or 14 year old kid, I'd image getting some "attention" from an older person might well be a bit of fun in their eyes.

It changes nothing regarding Thomson's behaviour and if HMFC attempt to use that as some sort of justification for retaining him, they are even dafter than I thought there were.

500miles
24-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm.... perhaps something to do with employment laws, or legal issues to sack him over it?

I forsee a good bit of gardening leave for him like. I very much doubt hearts is a club run by Beast sympathisers.

cabbageandribs1875
24-06-2011, 05:03 PM
beggars belief, a truly repulsive football club from top to bottom :bitchy:

BJK

R'Albin
24-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Hmmmm.... perhaps something to do with employment laws, or legal issues to sack him over it?

I forsee a good bit of gardening leave for him like. I very much doubt hearts is a club run by Beast sympathisers.

Really?

Betty Boop
24-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Couldn't make it up eh?

If this was the case, Thomson had the chance to challenge this in court, he chose to plead guilty. Case closed ! To even try and turn this round on the victims is a disgrace IMO

bruno
24-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Hmmmm.... perhaps something to do with employment laws, or legal issues to sack him over it?<br />
<br />
I forsee a good bit of gardening leave for him like. I very much doubt hearts is a club run by Beast sympathisers.<br />
<br />
I truly truly hope so. I'd wondered if players contract are such that if they are imprisoned or receive a suspended sentence it's construed as gross misconduct but a fine might not be specifically deemed a sackable offence. This may to allow them to not sack players who are caught speeding and stag like. If so then the judges ridiculously light sentence might have saved him. I sincerely hope not and that if he can't be sacked he has decency to walk away. However a man who committs these crimes will not have an ounce of decency in his body.

YehButNoBut
24-06-2011, 05:13 PM
This sums it up for me, from a journo on Twitter

Footballers are role models to young people. Today, the message coming out of Hearts is that it's okay to prey on 12-year-olds. All wrong. :agree:

silverhibee
24-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Every football club in Scotland should ban him from there grounds, paedo's should not be allowed anywhere near children, if Neil Lennon got a hard time for being a twat last season what is going to happen to The Beast Of Gorgie when he plays football, he will get attacked every week.

Really looking forward to the first Derby of the season. sex case sex case hang'um hang'um hang'um.

3pm
24-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I am not surprised one little bit.

PaulSmith
24-06-2011, 05:20 PM
This statement is NOT a wind up and is actually on the Hearts site.

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

Article continues
Advertisement
"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Every football club in Scotland should ban him from there grounds, paedo's should not be allowed anywhere near children, if Neil Lennon got a hard time for being a twat last season what is going to happen to The Beast Of Gorgie when he plays football, he will get attacked every week.

Really looking forward to the first Derby of the season. sex case sex case hang'um hang'um hang'um.Wonder if the usual good citizens will have tae say about that song being sung.

YehButNoBut
24-06-2011, 05:21 PM

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

Article continues
Advertisement
"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

That's a classic, must be from Vlad. :faf: :not worth

truehibernian
24-06-2011, 05:22 PM
<br />
<br />
I truly truly hope so. I'd wondered if players contract are such that if they are imprisoned or receive a suspended sentence it's construed as gross misconduct but a fine might not be specifically deemed a sackable offence. This may to allow them to not sack players who are caught speeding and stag like. If so then the judges ridiculously light sentence might have saved him. I sincerely hope not and that if he can't be sacked he has decency to walk away. However a man who committs these crimes will not have an ounce of decency in his body.

There are a host of things written into a professional player's contract. I would be utterly gobsmacked if there was not a clause/note that if the player's actions brought the club or football into disrepute then the club reserves the right to cancel said contract. Of course it could be challenged, but Thomson would have to be 1) an idiot and 2) thicker skinned than a buffalo to even contemplate taking Hearts to any employment tribunal for what he has been convicted of.

I am truly astounded at this decision. I am all for giving people a fair chance but not on this occasion. This sends out the worst possible message to all clubs, professional, amatuer and juvenile alike. Shocking is the only word to describe it. I wonder who will draw the short straw rooming with him on their wee Euro jaunt.....I'd be hiding my laptop that's for sure. His teammates will be sickened too though.

There are a lot of good folk at Hearts I have to say and some of the coaches are top guys, so I would not tar the club as a whole.......but for Jeffries, Brown and Romanov to apparently condone (by retaining him), via statement, this behaviour, is just unacceptable.

poolman
24-06-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94799-hearts-statements-merged-threads/

DaveF
24-06-2011, 05:23 PM

Article continues
Advertisement

Wow.

Is there any Hearts fan alive that isn't shaking their head in disbelief at that?

grantonhibee
jokes aside he should be binned end of , disgusting hearts again

Barney McGrew

Article continues
Advertisement

I am genuinely speechless.

Saorsa

Article continues
Advertisement

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."Oh dear, the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Never mind. Gary can always comfort himself with his haul of medals........

Or maybe not.....:wink:

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Seriously though this must be a new uber-level of embarrassment for the Yams.

Never has there been anything as ridiculous as this situation coupled with this statement in the history of sport. I defy anyone to come up with better.....really I do because it won't happen.

DaveF
24-06-2011, 05:26 PM
That's a classic, must be from Vlad. :faf: :not worth

Given the bad english "Or it is mafia" I'd say you are probably right :greengrin

Brebners Bookie
Official statement on official site.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/hearts-statement_2241384_2381659

I honestly cannot believe this. I do not believe it. Horrible.

Wotherspiniesta

Article continues
Advertisement

Seriously? Is that real? :lolyam:

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 05:29 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R83ZO2Zs0Uo/TPE8_Ha7b9I/AAAAAAAAAMk/U0V6UCi59s4/s1600/mafia.jpg

It wos the mafia wot dun it!

Hibs Class
Couldnt agree more. I'm genuinely stunned that they've decided to go this way. The statements are all "mitigating circumstances" and "sincere mistake". Aye ****ing right. Beneath contempt as a club - they have for once had a chance not to make themselves look like cretinous, amoral dirtbags and they failed spectacularly.

If it was a Hibs player, I genuinely wouldnt be back. It would make me sick to my pit cheering a team with a player like that in it, maybe something to do with having an eleven year old daughter.

Interesting to see how his team mates treat him in training - cant see it being good for morale.

:agree: I honestly thought that when all was said and done they would do the right thing.

007 Mickey Weir
That is CRAZY!!! To give the Yams credit they do all see that he is off his head.

Brebners Bookie
24-06-2011, 05:32 PM
They could win the treble next year and we could be relegated and i would still thank god i was born i a hibs supporter.

HibbyAndy
24-06-2011, 05:34 PM
They really are the laughing stock of Scottish football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARBJvYiAPM

Kevvy1875
'Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.'

S******.........wonder what Skacel and Webster make of this?

Oh yeah....for any Yams looking in.....We/I are pissing ourselves laughing at you right now. Nothing will ever beat this for embarrassment ever if Hibs and Hearts exist for another 1000yrs. Cannae wait to see the rags run with this in the morning.

Saorsa
They could win the treble next year and we could be relegated and i would still thank god i was born i a hibs supporter.I'll leave out the god bit, but I agree, whatever may happen down Easter road way with Hibs at least we're no them.

Beefster
24-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Completely devoid of morals. Without being overly melodramatic, if Hibs had issued a statement like that after the decision that Hearts made today, I'd be sending back my ST.

bringbackbenny
24-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Yup, just as I always thought.

Gary Mackay to blame.

Seriously that is the most deranged statement ever in world football.

3pm
24-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I am about to get chucked off the 31 for pissing myself.

s.a.m
24-06-2011, 05:38 PM
What exactly is Gary Mackay being accused of? Much as I dinnae like the man, that looks a bit libellous:dunno: Or am missing the point?????

silverhibee
24-06-2011, 05:38 PM

Article continues
Advertisement

Are they all on drugs at the PBS.

I am amazed at that, very disturbing indeed. Beasts Beasts Beasts Beasts.

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Yams: :jamboak:
Vlad: :crazy:
Gary Mackay: :faf:

That is all.

The_Todd
24-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Official statement on official site.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/hearts-statement_2241384_2381659

I honestly cannot believe this. I do not believe it. Horrible.

Oh my days. I'm sorry, but Hearts fans MUST be demanding some sort of action. Don Gary Mackay made Craig Thomson a perv? Every time it looks like Vlad has backed off and given Hearts an air of respectability again he wades back in and causes havoc again.

Just sack the player and be done with it.

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 05:40 PM
I am about to get chucked off the 31 for pissing myself.

Just let it go...I did about 5 mins ago! Don't fight it...its too hard:greengrin

3pm
24-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Are they all on drugs at the PBS.

I am amazed at that, very disturbing indeed. Beasts Beasts Beasts Beasts.

They are just dealers mate.

Brebners Bookie
24-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Vlad really is a complete zoomer. Tynie turmoil back with a bang.

the_ginger_hibee
24-06-2011, 05:48 PM
This must be the most strangest and utterly baffiling thing I've ever read. Half of it is just inane ranting, the other half pure paranoia. All the hallmarks of Romanov and absolutey shocking considering the proven, factual, admitted crimes in question.

****ing hilarious from here though.

bandylegs_jLeighton
24-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Embarrassing and disgusting in equal measure.

Horrible club.

Id rather our board change managers every year than release statements like that.

SOL1875
24-06-2011, 05:53 PM
They just read a bit of the statement out on BBC Reporting Scotland.

Just made it sound all the more embarrassing for them. :lolyam:

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94799-hearts-statements-merged-threads/

At least the vast majority have the common decency to be mortified by that statement.

Even Shaun Lawsons post was straight to the point for once!

Jay
24-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Completely devoid of morals. Without being overly melodramatic, if Hibs had issued a statement like that after the decision that Hearts made today, I'd be sending back my ST.

I would too. :agree: I wouldnt step foot back in the place if they decided he was to remain an employee. Add to that the 'statement' I'd fear for my own saftey!

hibsbollah
24-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I am absolutely amazed. Unbelievable.

haggisbaws
24-06-2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2381659

Article continues
Advertisement

Hearts.TV and Hearts News will be with the squad all the way next week as Jim Jefferies put his players through a tough training camp in Tuscany.

i do not think i have ever ever seen such a paranoid load of pash........discuss

weecounty hibby
24-06-2011, 06:00 PM
That statement confirms to me that the institution that was Heart of Midlothian has ceased to exist. They are just a plaything and a mouthpiece for a complete lunatic. I can't think of any club owner anywhere who would have the gall to challenge a court ruling after the internal investigation. Basically he is saying that the police and judicial system got it wrong and Thomson is innocent, that the OF and media and SFA and SPL all have it in for them and that Gary McKay is sabotaging their efforts to win the league.

If every single Hearts fan bar none does not think that this is disgraceful, both Thomsons behaviour and their clubs reaction, then they are lower than we all think.

crash
24-06-2011, 06:01 PM
They just read a bit of the statement out on BBC Reporting Scotland.

Just made it sound all the more embarrassing for them. :lolyam:

Yep just heard it. pity they didn't have more time to broadcast more, hopefully Sky Sports will oblige so the whole of the western world can also have a good laugh:faf:

Albion Hibs
24-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Yesterday these guys came out and distanced themselves from the player apparently. He has been proven guilty and he is being welcomed back in - minging, minging, minging bunch of individuals. How they can have a proven sex offender playing for them week in week out is vile. If I was a parent there is no way in the world i could take my kid along to watch that lot and have the bairn cheering on a sex offender.

As for the outburst and mafia nonsense if that does not provide some great songs for next year "we are the mafia, we are the mafia" etc etc.

HMFC are truely the laughing stock.

magpie1892
24-06-2011, 06:03 PM

Article continues
Advertisement

Hearts.TV and Hearts News will be with the squad all the way next week as Jim Jefferies put his players through a tough training camp in Tuscany.

i do not think i have ever ever seen such a paranoid load of pash........discuss

The sports gadge read this out on Reporting Scotland just now, and left bits out, he said, for legal reasons. Those bits are pretty evident, as McKay is being libelled here.

There's also an insinuation that the girls were somehow put up to receive pictures of male genitalia in an attempt to discredit (!) the club, and I think this is actionable as well.

In my line of work, you need to get this sort of thing 'legalled'. Not at PBS though...

Absoultely barking mad - and criminal, to boot.

magpie1892
24-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Yep just heard it. pity they didn't have more time to broadcast more, hopefully Sky Sports will oblige so the whole of the western world can also have a good laugh:faf:

They did have enough time. They couldn't read two sections for legal reasons (libel).

Twa Cairpets
24-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Beyond bonkers.

Doesnt make sense, but I think that its suggesting that Gary Mackay is somehow a mafia paedophile, which while the guy is clearly a yam fud, I dont think he is either of those things, and if Iwas him would be having a chat with my lawyers

aljo7-0
24-06-2011, 06:06 PM
As others have said this is literally unbelievable. I notice Reporting Scotland felt they couldn't repeat parts of it for legal reasons. It's clearly libellous on Gary Mackay.

The Mafia? What????? Madness. They should form a band - Mad Vlad and the Loonies

hibeedonald
24-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh my god.

haggisbaws
24-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry,:rolleyes: for repeating the yams statement, I thought this was really worth its own thread :sofa:

Actually i watched the godfather late the other night on sky, thought i'd seen gary mackay skulking about in the background lol he must be don gorglione now hahaah

steviecarnie
24-06-2011, 06:09 PM
just a thought can other spl clubs ban thomson from there premises for being on the list, as a danger/threat to there patrons?

matty_f
24-06-2011, 06:10 PM
My Dad's just called me to tell me about this, as hilarious as it is (and it is hilarious!), that's absolutely astounding.

Are we to believe it's all Gary MacKay's fault, then?

Beasts, junkies, and losers, but it's all someone else's fault. Total disgrace of a club.

lucky
24-06-2011, 06:11 PM
First thing the beast should be banned by the SPL and SFA , Second the Yam fans are embarrassed by the Mad one, Thirdly surely the club has brought Scottish Football into disrepute with the decision followed by the most ridiculous statement in the history of football.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Talk about a club in turmoil. Considering that they are doing their best to big up or maybe dumb down to be the number one home for huns and be Celtc's main rival. their statement out Celtcs Celtc, in the " they are all out to get us" claims.

If drivel like that appeared on this website or even keechback, you would expect an admin to step in an delete it, but on an official site?....deary me.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Andy74
24-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Hearts can't be allowed to say that sort of stuff. Quite staggering. Any Jambo not absolutely ashamed of it needs help themselves. Can you imagine us allowing that here? No chance. Unbelievable.

steviehibsleith
24-06-2011, 06:18 PM
LOADS OF PLANES IN tHE CAPITAL LETS HOPE THE RED ARROWS HIS GORGIE THEY HAVE COMPLETELY LOST IT.

Sorry for uppercase

Beefster
24-06-2011, 06:18 PM
A growing number on Sickbag seem to be resorting to the old comfort blankets of:

"Ach, Vlad's an affable old nutjob but he's our nutjob"

"WTF has MacKay actually done for Hearts anyway?"

"I don't care what anyone else thinks of Hearts"

This only days after something like 95% of them were claiming that if Hearts didn't sack Thomson, they'd be marching on PBS. ****ing fandans.

Hibby70
24-06-2011, 06:20 PM
I had to check the url to see it wasnt a wind up. Hibs could bring out a pink polka dot away kit and replace cc with timmy mallett and i'd still be laughing at the yams tonight. I almost feel sorry for their fans.

shagpile
24-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Article continues
Advertisement

Digressing slightly, but is someone on the SOR allowed to leave the country? Or is it a case of informing the country to be visited ?Or is there no restriction of movement?

Andy74
24-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Letter to the SFA and SPL time I think as this isn't any part of football that I want to be tolerated any longer. Totally shocking.

djs69
24-06-2011, 06:24 PM

You've got to love it!!!!

BroxburnHibee
24-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Letter to the SFA and SPL time I think as this isn't any part of football that I want to be tolerated any longer. Totally shocking.

Agreed Andy - i was just thinking the same thing. That statement is disgusting and if I was the parent of one of those girls I'd have my lawyers looking at it already.

Shameful club - rotten to the core and a total embarassment to all that is decent.

Disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I had to check the url to see it wasnt a wind up. Hibs could bring out a pink polka dot away kit and replace cc with timmy mallett and i'd still be laughing at the yams tonight. I almost feel sorry for their fans.

Only if he had his mallet of course:agree:

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 06:26 PM
yes i am a season ticket holder as is my 13 year old son since he was 6. I genuinely never saw this coming. Without dodging the issue i genuinely don't know what i will do or how i will register my protest and disgust. Following hearts has been a huge part of my life having got my first season ticket 30 years ago. Can i throw it away in moment of anger or do i sit back and wait until i can make a rational decision. How can i teach my son right from wrong if i'm seen to condone that by supporting my team. That's right not thomson's team not vlad's team but mine and all other supporters teamBut that looks like you have dodged the issue. If it were me there'd be nae question, I'd ask that he be removed from the club or I'd be asking for my money back, simple really.

Hibby70
24-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Quick somebody do the downfall scene with hitler. You have the subtitles already prepared.

matty_f
24-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Agreed Andy - i was just thinking the same thing. That statement is disgusting and if I was the parent of one of those girls I'd have my lawyers looking at it already.

Shameful club - rotten to the core and a total embarassment to all that is decent.

Disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:agree: It's disgusting. I would be furious if I was one of those girls' parents. :bitchy:

But that looks like you have dodged the issue. If it were me there'd be nae question, I ask that he be removed from the club or I'd be asking for my money back, simple really.

I'd go so far as to say I'd turn my back on the club if I felt it was taking this stance, until such a time as new owners took over.

If the board at Hibs took this approach, backed a paedophile and laid the blame at other's hands, I'd not be back at Easter Road and they wouldn't see another penny from me.

I've already heard from a few Yams who said they're seriously considering boycotting until the statement is retracted and appropriate action against Thomson is taken.

poolman
24-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Quick somebody do the downfall scene with hitler. You have the subtitles already prepared.

This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEU0rH3XYgY

mjhibby
24-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Shocked

I lost all resect for that club a long time ago.There is so much to detest that club for and this along with their attack on neil lennon(after of course attacking deek)shows just how morally bankrupt they are.I now cannot even bring myself to discuss football with them as the garbage that comes from their mouths is embarrassing.My best mate is a jambo and he now cringes at what goes on their and it doesnt surprise me one bit that they have allowed this player to stay.
They are an embarrasment to edinburgh as shown by the morons who spout their drivel on the scotsman website.tTke a look if you havent seen it before,the stuff they post is just typical of them and no matter how much they embarrass themselves and scottish football they defend the lithuanian muppet.Fjk of course sums them up perfectly in constantly telling porkies about vlad picking the team,hinting he would resign and then of course lying down like a puppy dog getting tickled when vlad reminded him this is probably his last big pay day.i know we talk about them going out of business but god if one club deserves it to happen to them its them.i wouldnt miss them one iota if they folded tomorrow.

Hibby70
24-06-2011, 06:37 PM
This one

Thats the one

Badge
24-06-2011, 06:45 PM
This one

Brilliant. Never get tired of watching that. :top marks

Betty Boop
24-06-2011, 06:47 PM
LOADS OF PLANES IN tHE CAPITAL LETS HOPE THE RED ARROWS HIS GORGIE THEY HAVE COMPLETELY LOST IT.

Sorry for uppercase

Ah ken ! I thought we were under attack, some racket !!:greengrin

Albion Hibs
24-06-2011, 06:51 PM
This one

Someone that has the IT skills just has to get this updated for Vlads most recent one.

Alternatively we could contact his PA at hearts and ask if she used her I Phone to file him dictating the statement, I have a feeling if cant have been far from this video.

The_Todd
24-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Ah ken ! I thought we were under attack, some racket !!:greengrin

One flew right over the house, just after I finished watching Air Crash Investigation. What a fright!

Sergey
24-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but even by their standards, Hearts today have sunk to a new low.

I ****in' hate them even more....and I didn't know that I could!

bruno
24-06-2011, 06:58 PM
But that looks like you have dodged the issue. If it were me there'd be nae question, I ask that he be removed from the club or I'd be asking for my money back, simple really.

I was only reacting to the intial Thomson statement I didn't even know Hearts had issued the most ridiculous bizarre statement of all time.

Now I have had time to digest it I will not return untl Hearts revoke the statement alleging conspiracy and remove Thomson from Tynecastle.

I have no time for mackay as a self appointed spokesman for Hearts supporters but this statement is incredible and libellous.

This decision is not taken lightly Hearts are a massive part of my famlies life but if enough of Hearts fans take a simila view common sens will hopefully prevail. I say hopefully but know common sense is a long way from being Romanov's first thought.

I've had many ups and downs following Hearts and I thought sacking Burley was the worst I'd felt since the dark days of yo yo years 70's 80's. But that's only football we can come back from that type of feeling, this is worse, this is personal this is the real world.

Disgusted by Thomson and now disgusted by he club.

Had enough

Andy74
24-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I was only reacting to the intial Thomson statement I didn't even know Hearts had issued the most ridiculous bizarre statement of all time.

Now I have had time to digest it I will not return untl Hearts revoke the statement alleging conspiracy and remove Thomson from Tynecastle.

I have no time for mackay as a self appointed spokesman for Hearts supporters but this statement is incredible and libellous.

This decision is not taken lightly Hearts are a massive part of my famlies life but if enough of Hearts fans take a simila view common sens will hopefully prevail. I say hopefully but know common sense is a long way from being Romanov's first thought.

I've had many ups and downs following Hearts and I thought sacking Burley was the worst I'd felt since the dark days of yo yo years 70's 80's. But that's only football we can come back from that type of feeling, this is worse, this is personal this is the real world.

Had enough

I think that's the only sane reaction available!

Hearts fans should speak to the SFA on this one and try and get some action taken.

I would never tolerate my football club coming out with that.

fat freddy
24-06-2011, 07:07 PM
why are none of my jambo mates answering their phones?

matty_f
24-06-2011, 07:12 PM
why are none of my jambo mates answering their phones?

Mafia's disconnected them?:dunno:

Sergey
24-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Had enough

And you (HoMFC) owe that joker nigh-on Ł40 mill.

For a split second, I swear I sensed a modicum of pity.

Sorry, bud....but GIRFUY

Hamish
24-06-2011, 07:15 PM
If this is genuinely on the Hearts website, I am presuming its a Google translation of a fax sent by Mr. R.

Sure Mr Doncaster/Mr Regan will be interested in the comments

Just a thought - are we sure that this isn't NottsForest fan on a new windup?

DaveF
24-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Had enough

As much as I can't stand Hearts, if you follow this through then I take my hat off to you mate.

If only a few thousand others of your ilk took the same stance, then you could rid your club of this ********, and perhaps start to regain some sort of credibility which your club used to have.

HH81
24-06-2011, 07:21 PM
As if. Is this statement still up on their site?

hibee_girl
24-06-2011, 07:23 PM
As if. Is this statement still up on their site?

Yes - http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/hearts-statement_2241384_2381659

Brebners Bookie
24-06-2011, 07:26 PM
if this is genuinely on the hearts website, i am presuming its a google translation of a fax sent by mr. R.

Sure mr doncaster/mr regan will be interested in the comments

just a thought - are we sure that this isn't nottsforest fan on a new windup?

i knew it!!!!!!!!!

HH81
24-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Imagine the admin person of the site uploading it and thinking is this a joke :-)

HibeeMG
24-06-2011, 07:31 PM
This one

I've never seen that before or even heard of it.

I have been howling with laughter for 10 minutes now. I can't even watch the tennis for the tears in my eyes. :faf::boo hoo::LOL:

All this after the crazy statement from HOMFC.

MyJo
24-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Wow! there really are no words to suitably describe this insanity. I'm honestly amazed by the ridiculousness of it all

TamHibs
24-06-2011, 07:35 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! What. The. ****. It doesn't even make any sense!!

Dirkster23
24-06-2011, 07:38 PM
That's the most bizarre statement i've ever read :faf:

Hibs On Tour
24-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't be surpised at all, as that place is crawling with the lowest level of **** you can possibly find on the internet.

Hearts fans I know are all to a man disgusted by this decision and many vowing not to go back until he's binned... don't assume that cos Vlad is a ****** [regardless of his previous efforts to imbide humour to us on this side of the city] that their fans are in agreement about this...

Apart from that, they *are* all still erses though! :wink:

hibsbollah
24-06-2011, 07:46 PM
One flew right over the house, just after I finished watching Air Crash Investigation. What a fright!

A great big lancaster bomber flew overhead at gogarburn at 4pm today. Must be the armed forces day thang. I though Hearts were winning WW2 for us as well as WW1 :-)

Hibernia Na Eir
24-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Stunning decision by hearts. Absolutely disgusting to allow a convicted child grooming pervert to continue to ply his trade and earn a good living. Only hearts fc, out of all britains clubs, could have come to this conclusion. A joke of an outfit and everyone watchin in on them for all the wrong reasons, good work david southern! Craig Thomson wont stop his after hours work, none of them ever do. Shame on hearts fc.

Hiber-nation
24-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Thomson is rewarded with the captaincy next season.

Hamish
24-06-2011, 07:49 PM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! What. The. ****. It doesn't even make any sense!!

:agree:That's what I am saying - it must be a Google translation of a fax from Lithuania

Benny Brazil
24-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Stunned - that they could even contemplate keeping Thomson on their books.
Stunned - that they then tried to make excuses for him.
Stunned - at the pitiful excuse for an apology from Thomson.
Stunned - at the truely bizarre statement from Hearts about this.

If the authorities don't take action on Hearts after todays events then Scottish football deserves to die the slow painful death it is going through right now.

CallumLaidlaw
24-06-2011, 07:53 PM
That is the most bizarre, unreal, weird thing I have ever read in my LIFE!
I called my dad and read him it. I don't think he believed me at first.

Good luck to hearts in negotiating that new Lee Wallace contract. I'm sure Gary Mackay will enjoy those discussions!

aljo7-0
24-06-2011, 08:03 PM
You know what - I've hated Gary Mackay with a passion - both as a player and ever since. Mr Hearts............................................ or so I thought.

He must be the best under cover agent we have ever had. It seems he has single handedly undermined their team by getting key players to leave, whilst running the Mafia and pulling the strings behind the scenes with anti Jambo refereeing and SFA. Oh and before I forget he has also turned the whole media from being good honest reporters into liars and charlattans. What a guy!

Nah still hate him

Twiglet
24-06-2011, 08:05 PM
That statement is just plain bizarre.:confused:
It's like they've decided to say something for the sake of saying something.
I fail to see the point of making it, and what they were trying to say.

forthhibby
24-06-2011, 08:11 PM
That statement is just plain bizarre.:confused:
It's like they've decided to say something for the sake of saying something.
I fail to see the point of making it, and what they were trying to say.

to deflect attention from letting a convicted paedophile stay at their club

LeithBoozy
24-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Just like that crop-sprayer pilot in the film Independence Day, I have been saying it for years. Hearts debt, floodlights going on fire, roof falling off, Tyne pervert central. How long have I said it, now your all going to believe me. It was Gary Mackay that done it. Oh my sides. :greengrin

YehButNoBut
24-06-2011, 08:16 PM
The SFA today punished Hearts for controversial statement on club's website by placing a horse's head in Vladimir Romanov's bed. :faf:

crash
24-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Think Edinburgh Council should withdraw any support for Hearts Breakfast Club in view of recent events. Dont think any parents would wish this organisation to be presenting itself within an educational establishment that their children are attending until they show they have the required amount of moral and ethical fibre.

PaulSmith
24-06-2011, 08:19 PM
"In reaching this decision, the club accepted that there are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance that the player's conduct, no matter how distasteful, was the result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything more sinister and it will not be repeated."

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles

I'm sorry for highlighting this again but reading the Thompson statement and then the other one and adding them together it's not difficult to join the dots and what Heart of Midlothian Football club are saying is that these 12 and 14 year old girls were put up to this by someone else.

Incredible, even by their standards.

gramskiwood
24-06-2011, 08:20 PM
the sfa today punished hearts for controversial statement on club's website by placing a horse's head in vladimir romanov's bed. :faf:

:lol:

Spike Mandela
24-06-2011, 08:25 PM
You know what - I've hated Gary Mackay with a passion - both as a player and ever since. Mr Hearts............................................ or so I thought.

He must be the best under cover agent we have ever had. It seems he has single handedly undermined their team by getting key players to leave, whilst running the Mafia and pulling the strings behind the scenes with anti Jambo refereeing and SFA. Oh and before I forget he has also turned the whole media from being good honest reporters into liars and charlattans. What a guy!

Nah still hate him

Love him or hate him I am sure mr MacKay will be consulting his lawyers as we type:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Carlisle fans having a wee chuckle at this on Carlisle Mad website.

ScottB
24-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Holy hell!

We've all seen some madness come out of Hearts since Vlad took over, but this is just a whole other level of madness, and insinuating a hell of a lot of things!

Certainly, If I was Gary Mackay, I'd have my lawyers on this like a tramp on chips. Secondly, they appear to be again suggesting a conspiracy that prevent Hearts winning games at the end of the season, by extension suggesting the refs / SPL etc are corrupt then?

Then this weird Mafia reference, weirdly suggesting these evil types are as bad as pedophiles, but then keeping a convicted one on the books?? Are they seriously suggesting from that wording that Thomson did nothing, and it was all the Mafia trying to blackmail him?

This is all crosses the line in all sorts of ways, could the SFA / SPL do them for bringing the game into disrepute? And that's before we take Thomson into account.

Madness. Utter madness!

Barney McGrew
24-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Carlisle fans having a wee chuckle at this on Carlisle Mad website.

I bet fans of clubs all over the country are pishing themselves at Hertz.

Vlad is absolutely bonkers. It wouldn't surprise me if he barks at traffic in the street in his spare time.

ScottB
24-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Love him or hate him I am sure mr MacKay will be consulting his lawyers as we type:greengrin

Consulting? His lawyers will be p*ssing themselves laughing and planning which yacht to buy!

Benny Brazil
24-06-2011, 08:29 PM
"In reaching this decision, the club accepted that there are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance that the player's conduct, no matter how distasteful, was the result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything more sinister and it will not be repeated."

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles

I'm sorry for highlighting this again but reading the Thompson statement and then the other one and adding them together it's not difficult to join the dots and what Heart of Midlothian Football club are saying is that these 12 and 14 year old girls were put up to this by someone else.

Paul no need to apologise - this needs to be highlighted and I hope the media go to town on this. They are condoning Thompsons actions.

I would like the next journalist who speaks to FJK or BB or that scrote Locke to ask them if they support the clubs decision to keep Thomson in employment.

matty_f
24-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Paul no need to apologise - this needs to be highlighted and I hope the media go to town on this. They are condoning Thompsons actions.

I would like the next journalist who speaks to FJK or BB or that scrote Locke to ask them if they support the clubs decision to keep Thomson in employment.

:agree: They're actually portraying Thomson as the wronged party in this sorry episode. Disgusting.

PaulSmith
24-06-2011, 08:42 PM
:agree: They're actually portraying Thomson as the wronged party in this sorry episode. Disgusting.

It's actually just mind boggling. Someone previous as mentioned that Aegon and Edinburgh Council should cease their association with Hearts with immediate effect.

I'd be amazed if they wanted to be associated with such an organisation which blames 'outside influences' for an employee sending exposed pics of himself and asking a 12 year old for sex

Betty Boop
24-06-2011, 08:48 PM

Exactly !

gringojoe
24-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Unbelievable. What do they put in Vlads vodka?

TamHibs
24-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Could Wonga & Umbro effectively break their contract with Hearts? Seriously, surely they won't want to associate themselves with hearts & their apparent non concern of child grooming!

ScottB
24-06-2011, 09:00 PM

More that nobody else at the club is in a position to stop him, fair enough, they have a mental owner, but this suggests it is a massively autocratic structure, that the folk further down the chain that have had to have seen this before it's gone live haven't been able to prevent it, since anyone with even half a brain would instantly be able to see this is going to bring a sh*tstorm down on them.

Unless of course that is the aim of this to further add to the whole 'they are all against us' excuse a number of people have theorised will be Vlad's ultimate excuse for bailing out on them...

gringojoe
24-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Could Wonga & Umbro effectively break their contract with Hearts? Seriously, surely they won't want to associate themselves with hearts & their apparent non concern of child grooming!

Be interesting to see who sponsors Thomson next season, keekback perhaps?

DaveF
24-06-2011, 09:03 PM
It's actually just mind boggling. Someone previous as mentioned that Aegon and Edinburgh Council should cease their association with Hearts with immediate effect.

I'd be amazed if they wanted to be associated with such an organisation which blames 'outside influences' for an employee sending exposed pics of himself and asking a 12 year old for sex

I'd certainly hope both these organisations have an urgent re-think about their association with HMFC. The Yams flippant attitude to grooming and the madcap statements would make me run a mile if I had any sort of link up with them.

One Day Soon
24-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Its now the lead item on the BBC Scotland TV news.

This isn't going to go away. It could be the breaking point for Romanov.

I'm_cabbaged
24-06-2011, 09:07 PM
One of the last pieces in the jigsaw for the mad ones end game?

ScottB
24-06-2011, 09:07 PM

I suspect it will depend on whether or not this goes national, if the national press pick it up and run with it, then I would suspect that would be an excuse for anyone involved in the club to pull out.

lapsedhibee
24-06-2011, 09:12 PM

Dunno what all the outrage is about. Hearts haven't even called Thomson a hero, yet! :confused:

Westie1875
24-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Serious question, can we ban him (Thomson) from Easter Road? I don't want that disgusting thing in our stadium where there are thousands of kids on matchday.

Vlad is insane, if I were of the jambo persuasion I'd refuse to give the club any money until his statement was retracted and Thomson was sacked, I'd also be sending my season ticket back for a refund.

Geo_1875
24-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I imagine the 95% who agreed that Thomson should be sacked when it appeared that hertz had no option will be busy working on an excuse for now keeping him on.:rolleyes:

We might be part of the Mafia but at least we're the Goodfellas.:flag:

frazeHFC
24-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Just heard that Graham Rix was urging Glenn Hoddle to offer Craig Thomson a contract at the Glenn Hoddle academy had he been sacked by Hearts. :greengrin

Shocking though, every Hearts fan i know wants him to be sacked. What a disgrace of a club, but i hope he plays in the derby as the abuse given to him will be even bigger than last season. :agree:

And Mafia?!? :confused:

itchy07
24-06-2011, 09:24 PM
:tin hat:Can I be the first to give hearts a bit of credit here. Within an hour of that statement being translated it was on their official website, our official site takes ****in ages to catch up with the news.:devil:

As for the content of the rambling statement, never has the phrase WTF? been more appropriate.

magpie1892
24-06-2011, 09:24 PM
More that nobody else at the club is in a position to stop him, fair enough, they have a mental owner, but this suggests it is a massively autocratic structure, that the folk further down the chain that have had to have seen this before it's gone live haven't been able to prevent it, since anyone with even half a brain would instantly be able to see this is going to bring a sh*tstorm down on them.

Unless of course that is the aim of this to further add to the whole 'they are all against us' excuse a number of people have theorised will be Vlad's ultimate excuse for bailing out on them...

I can't remember the game, but it was at PBS a couple of Christmases ago where there was a full-page Christmas 'message' in the programme from Vlad with a pic of him sat on a log at the seaside with his troos rolled up and the copy was a mental rant about the usual SFA conspiracies. This went down a storm in the press room and I collared one of the high-up HMFC comms. people that I know and said to her: 'surely you can stop this sort of crap going in the programme and making the club look silly?'. She just shook her head and looked deflated.

It's probably gone on direct from where Vlad currently is, as I know he has the passwords and admin rights to access the site.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Read it over and over about 20 times now. Its just erm... eh... :confused:

crash
24-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Read it over and over about 20 times now. Its just erm... eh... :confused:

eh.. yeah...it just gets better.

HibeeMcGinn1
24-06-2011, 09:38 PM
eh.. yeah...it just gets better.

or worse, works both ways :wink:

ScottB
24-06-2011, 09:40 PM
What are the Kickbackers saying about this Mafia nonsense then? Are they buying into it?

Pete
24-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I can't get my head round this. I don't know what's worse, thomsons crime or the hearts boards attempts to somehow apportion blame to other people and their trivialisation of the matter to score points.
if there's a group of people who are just as bad as the "pedephiles" then it certainly isn't the imaginary mafia...its those who are responsible for this statement and anyone who supports their stance.

I'm never setting foot in that ground again. This isn't funny its just sick.

Fish
24-06-2011, 09:41 PM
The SFA today punished Hearts for controversial statement on club's website by placing a horse's head in Vladimir Romanov's bed. :faf:

I'm mopping up coffee off kitchen table. First laugh I've had all week

HibeeMG
24-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Reported on the Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7004096,00.html) website now. There's no going back! :wink:

HibeeMcGinn1
24-06-2011, 09:42 PM
What are the Kickbackers saying about this Mafia nonsense then? Are they buying into it?

A very very very small minority agreeing but the overwhelming majority saying exactly what we are and more.

Hibbyradge
24-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha.

Ha!

CallumLaidlaw
24-06-2011, 09:46 PM
A very very very small minority agreeing but the overwhelming majority saying exactly what we are and more.

Yip. Seems to be the final straw for some. And quite right.

It's amazing reading twitter, the number of non-football related celebrities commenting on this bizarre statement.

KB1
24-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Got to say this is going to run and run, sky news now featuring it!!!!

Greentinted
24-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Up until 2005 Hearts were our rivals. Their superiority delusions have now in effect come home and yes, they are so far removed from us as not to be considered a similar entity.

The organisation has become increasingly entrenched in iniquity at the behest of their dear leader 'Mister' Romanov and now it seems they have, en masse left the building all normal people inhabit.

Before Romanov's presence, Hearts played on the same field as the rest of us, no bigger, no better, no smaller, no worse but since his ways became acceptable, they have plumbed hitherto uncharted depths. The so called 'heart and soul' has allowed this to happen on their watch and now by association, I posit that from heron in, until such time as Tynecastle is deloused from top to bottom, everyone connected with that abberation in EH11 is tolerant of one of the most heinous offences (both criminally and morally) in the book.
Every strip, scarf, ticket or other sundry paraphernalia sold from today onwards by Hearts is an endorsement of the lowest values in our society. They cannot stand by and allow this to continue; surely better to run Romanov out of town, suck up the financial penalties and, if need be, start all over again. Its called integrity - they should try it sometime. Soon!

Anything less and it demonstrates clearly and unequivocally what the rest of us believe and that is that HMFC is a nasty, vile reprehensible apology of a football club. And while I will always love the rivalry this particular episode added to the 'Heroics' of the Rix appointment, leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. There is no place in football, or in life itself, for the endorsement or sympathy of paedophiles.

Tragic day for our game. Over to you yams - sort it or take all that's coming. I hope your 'big cup' win was worth it!!!

ScottB
24-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Yip. Seems to be the final straw for some. And quite right.

It's amazing reading twitter, the number of non-football related celebrities commenting on this bizarre statement.

Dave Gorman of all people seems to be running with it haha

Well, if this goes national, and I can't think it won't now, there needs to be repercussions for them, if even the nutters on Kickback have turned on Vlad, something has to give.

One Day Soon
24-06-2011, 10:03 PM
That BBC news report was brutal.

If you were to cut and paste that statement and post it, together with a two paragraph explanation of the background, onto the fan sites of every professional team in the UK you would probably ruin the reputation of Hearts for the next decade. As it is that may already have been achieved.

I have to say that today is the final and incontrovertible evidence that the Heart of Midlothian football club that I grew up not supporting no longer exists. There is no dignity left there. It is now a completely hollowed out institution.

In the light of this;
1. How do you attract/hold on to sponsors?
2. How do you attract/hold on to players?
3. How do you persuade parents that their children should sign for hearts?
4. How do their players and fans cope with the spangled and imaginative chanted abuse they will get at EVERY SINGLE GAME from EVERY SINGLE TEAM THEY PLAY NEXT SEASON?
5. How do you hold your head up and say that you are a Hearts fan to other people?

The questions are just endless.

This is now completely schizophrenic, a madhouse that subsists on a diet of The Great War and The Great Dictator.

It cannot be sustained. Something will have to give. Whatever else we say and write, there are very many decent Hearts fans in this city. They deserve better than this. Edinburgh deserves better than this.

H18sry
Daft question time Can other Scottish clubs ban CT from there grounds because he is a convicted nonce and they have principles,and young girls in the stadium, maybe even as ball girls or mascots

Benny Brazil
Up until 2005 Hearts were our rivals. Their superiority delusions have now in effect come home and yes, they are so far removed from us as not to be considered a similar entity.

The organisation has become increasingly entrenched in iniquity at the behest of their dear leader 'Mister' Romanov and now it seems they have, en masse left the building all normal people inhabit.

Before Romanov's presence, Hearts played on the same field as the rest of us, no bigger, no better, no smaller, no worse but since his ways became acceptable, they have plumbed hitherto uncharted depths. The so called 'heart and soul' has allowed this to happen on their watch and now by association, I posit that from heron in, until such time as Tynecastle is deloused from top to bottom, everyone connected with that abberation in EH11 is tolerant of one of the most heinous offences (both criminally and morally) in the book.
Every strip, scarf, ticket or other sundry paraphernalia sold from today onwards by Hearts is an endorsement of the lowest values in our society. They cannot stand by and allow this to continue; surely better to run Romanov out of town, suck up the financial penalties and, if need be, start all over again. Its called integrity - they should try it sometime. Soon!

Anything less and it demonstrates clearly and unequivocally what the rest of us believe and that is that HMFC is a nasty, vile reprehensible apology of a football club. And while I will always love the rivalry this particular episode added to the 'Heroics' of the Rix appointment, leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. There is no place in football, or in life itself, for the endorsement or sympathy of paedophiles.

Tragic day for our game. Over to you yams - sort it or take all that's coming. I hope your 'big cup' win was worth it!!!

GT - :not worth

Andy74
24-06-2011, 10:05 PM

There's a few times now I've thought the same. All it takes is for them to win a couple of games and they are taken in again.

Barney McGrew
24-06-2011, 10:06 PM

It's not just him, virtually every journalist on twitter is commenting on it.

trev the hat
24-06-2011, 10:07 PM
My oh my, i did not expect that.:rolleyes: Utterly Bizarre:rolleyes: !! This guy still thinks he,s in the cold war.
Act now HMFC fans or your club will disappear as quick as your 86 double.
Total self destruct inevitable.:agree::timebomb:

frazeHFC
24-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I just read an Australian journalists twitter has it and other Aussie's were commenting. Hehe!

Who is the laughing stock now ya muppets. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
24-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Article continues
Advertisement

WOW! (why isn't there a jaw dropping smiley?)

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 10:10 PM
WOW! (why isn't there a jaw dropping smiley?):greengrin

http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0052.gif

CallumLaidlaw
24-06-2011, 10:11 PM
And to think there is a few kick backers that think this is nothing, vlad has it right, but it will be forgotten by tomorrow. I think they are in for a shock!

Diclonius
24-06-2011, 10:14 PM
What are they all about?

Gatecrasher
:greengrin

http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0052.gif

good one :greengrin

IndieHibby
Re vlads use of the word paedophile, it was explained to me (& a few other
hearts fans) that russians use that term to describe 'taking advantage of or
praying on the vulnerable'. Whilst we associate this word/meaning with just
praying on kids, russians use it in the wider context of all types of vulnerable
people .

This was posted on sickback by "Gambo".

I mean, really, WHAT THE F***?

Speechless.

*EDIT* - The plonker then follows it up with this:

What i meant by this was maybe VR was using that word in the context of players
getting there heads turned by agents/other clubs.

Yeah, sure mate :aok: Russians use the word 'peadophile' to describe footbal agents doing their job. :dizzy:

There's more....

Vlad does not associate the use of that word the same way we do

To be fair, a Jambo with half a brain (at least) pulls him up for it.

CMac1988

Well, if this goes national, and I can't think it won't now, there needs to be repercussions for them, if even the nutters on Kickback have turned on Vlad, something has to give.

It seems to be doing a good jaunt on twitter right now.

This one from Adrian Weckler gave me a wee chuckle.

"Dear journalism/PR students, want to see what a first class defamation looks like? Here you go, courtesy of Hearts FC http://t.co/WzbWkdg"

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Even MacKay doesn't deserve this.

ScottB
24-06-2011, 10:19 PM
This was posted on sickback by "Gambo".

I mean, really, WHAT THE F***?

Speechless.

Aye, sure they do right enough.

Gotta love that some folk will grab at anything when they are tumbling down the cliff face...

IndieHibby
24-06-2011, 10:24 PM
From "Buffalo Bill", care of sickback:

Typical mad rant. Heard it all before.

A month from now, nobody will
remember a damn thing he said.

Somehow....... I doubt it.

--------
24-06-2011, 10:28 PM

That was exactly how I read it when it was mentioned on the BBC Scottish News.

He appears to be accusing the girls and their parents of conspiracy to blackmail and extortion with a view to influencing results - presumably in pursuit of a gambling scam? - all masterminded by the Mafia.

And that Gary Mackay is the "wrong outside influence" setting up his own clients to get at MadVlad?

Look on the bright side, Paul - maybe this'll get Calderwood and the training ground square go off the sports pages tomorrow morning. Give us a wee rest.

Cue Geordie Foulkiss next. :rolleyes:

PS: Sally Magnusson described the statement as "bizarre" on the News. "Off the freakin planet" would be more like it, girl!

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 10:31 PM

That was exactly how I read it when it was mentioned on the BBC Scottish News.

He appears to be accusing the girls and their parents of conspiracy to blackmail and extortion with a view to influencing results - presumably in pursuit of a gambling scam? - all masterminded by the Mafia.

And that Gary Mackay is the "wrong outside influence" setting up his own clients to get at MadVlad?

Look on the bright side, Paul - maybe this'll get Calderwood and the training ground square go off the sports pages tomorrow morning. Give us a wee rest.

Cue Geordie Foulkiss next. :rolleyes:Surprised we've no heard fae auld pishy breeks yet, probably no be long though.

givescotlandfreedom
24-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I hate them. So, so much. Today they rocketed past the OF in my hate scale. To think I got so wound up with Lennon when there's this lot!

Let's see if their fans stop going and their manager resigns over this.

Mackay should be suing their back sides off.

IndieHibby
24-06-2011, 10:42 PM
From 14flogel:

Starts off well.....

Sorry to me the whole statement is ******* mental. So CT was forced into making

sexual advances to young girls. Bollocks !!!

We have got to get back
to having some form of morality within the club.

But then he says this:

I know Jambos slagged Zemama for marrying an underage girl but this
is just as bad. Lets remember we are a club tat has to operate
within the community and having sex offenders in the squad to me is wring.

Come again? I missed the whole Zemmama thing, but surely there can't be any way of comparing the two situations?

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-06-2011, 10:44 PM
A moral implosion down at the Pink Beast Shelter. Astonishing inane ramblings, even by the mad one's standards!!!

:titanic:

givescotlandfreedom
24-06-2011, 10:47 PM
From 14flogel:

Starts off well.....

But then he says this:

Come again? I missed the whole Zemmama thing, but surely there can't be any way of comparing the two situations?

Zemmama got married to a lassie of legal age :confused:
I wonder now they've signed a Morroccan if they'll keep up their hilarious terrorist and sand dancer banter?

lucky
24-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Could be the mad ones attempt at covering up keeping a pedo on the books. No one will be talking about that sick decision tomorrow just the insanity of Vlad

johnrebus
24-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Never mind the rant from Mad Vlad, the following is lifted from the club statement regarding Craig Thomson:

' As such the club believes that there is no reason for Craig Thomson not to continue his career as a professional footballer and he will resume training with immediate effect'.

Words truly fail me.

:monkey1:

Saorsa
24-06-2011, 10:51 PM
From 14flogel:

Starts off well.....

But then he says this:

Come again? I missed the whole Zemmama thing, but surely there can't be any way of comparing the two situations?There is if you're a twisted yam.

Zammama done nothing wrong, that is just a load of yam fanny.

Benny Brazil
24-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Seems like the backlash to Hearts inexplicable decision to back Thomson has begun:
http://www.scotzine.com/2011/06/scotzine-issue-statement-on-hearts-decision-to-back-craig-thomson/

HibeeMG
24-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Could be the mad ones attempt at covering up keeping a pedo on the books. No one will be talking about that sick decision tomorrow just the insanity of Vlad

Well I hope that when it gets reported in the mainstream press tomorrow that they explain the background to it. That the reason that this statement has been put out now is in relation to the 'mafia' setting up CT to look like paedeophile, even though he's been convicted of such!

If it is reported that way, it won't just be an amusing ramble from an eccentric owner but will be shown as what it actually is - an attempt to cover up and deflect blame away from what is, essentially, a morally and financially bankrupt institution.

HibeeMG
24-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Seems like the backlash to Hearts inexplicable decision to back Thomson has begun:
http://www.scotzine.com/2011/06/scotzine-issue-statement-on-hearts-decision-to-back-craig-thomson/

Deserves to be quoted:

After Hearts statement backing their decision to keep Craig Thomson on their books after being convicted of ‘lewd, libidinous and indecent’ behaviour, and believing that there was ‘no reason for Craig Thomson not to continue his career as a professional footballer and he will resume training with immediate effect’. Many fans have been shocked and disgusted at the inexcusable actions of Heart of Midlothian over this incident and we at Scotzine.com are no different.

Therefore we have taken the decision to boycott Tynecastle. No one who writes for Scotzine will be sent to Tynecastle to cover any of Hearts games for our site or affiliated publications.

Editor Andy Muirhead commented: “We are disgusted and appalled at the decision of the Hearts board, given that they claim to be a community club. Their statement backing the player claiming mitigating circumstances, is not only ludicrous but down right disgusting for a club who has worked with children’s charities in the past and continue to do so.

“Our site may not be at the level of the likes of the Daily Record, The Scottish Sun or The Scotsman, and our boycott will in all likelihood not have an impact on the Tynecastle side. But our beliefs and morals, prevent us from attending any games at Hearts while the club employs a convicted sex offender and reward him for his sickening behaviour. As well as trying to claim there were mitigating circumstances in the Hearts full back sending sickening images to two underage girls.”

“We will only consider returning to Tynecastle when Craig Thomson leaves Hearts and the club issues an apology to the families of Thomson’s victims and apologise for their inexcusable defence of a convicted sex offender.”

:top marks

IndieHibby
24-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Well, good on them. Maybe that'll start the ball rolling.

If twitter is anything to go by - this will be all over the news tomorrow.

I actually feel sorry for the decent Hearts fans out there (there are a few). I would actually be nauseous if this happened to Hibs.

Horse
24-06-2011, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=johnrebus;2839819]Never mind the rant from Mad Vlad, the following is lifted from the club statement regarding Craig Thomson:

' As such the club believes that there is no reason for Craig Thomson not to continue his career as a professional footballer and he will resume training with immediate effect'.

Words truly fail me.

It is simply unbelievable. How any organisation could stand by an employee that has been convicted of such a horrific crime is beyond me. But then again this is an organisation that employed a beast who had been jailed for sex offences against a child. As if the latest beast's "apology" wasn't bad enough with him describing his crime as "a learning curve" etc. WTF? Abusing children is "a learning curve"? - it beggars belief, to any normal person a child abuser is the lowest of the low and a long stint in prison should've been part of his "learning curve" as well as castration! The insane statement that followed just cemented HOMFC's place as the most wretched, despicable club in the UK if not the world.

Any decent Jambo should voice their disgust in every possible way and not take this lying down. If Hibs acted like this I'd say exactly the same.

If JJ and co have any integrity at all they will resign in protest at this decision, anything less would show them to be condoning what the beast has done. I would like to think that if the players have any integrity they will also be disgusted at this decision.

Albion Hibs
24-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Well, good on them. Maybe that'll start the ball rolling.

If twitter is anything to go by - this will be all over the news tomorrow.

I actually feel sorry for the decent Hearts fans out there (there are a few). I would actually be nauseous if this happened to Hibs.

I would agree with that, I have spoken to a few of my mates that at this time last week stated he would never been seen at hearts again and were totally behind him getting his jotters. They are amazed at what the club has done, and unfairly on them in the situation where they actually dont feel like going to the games and cheering on him and hearts for the attitude they have shown to the situation - one even said there was no chance he was going back, as he heads along with his kid and is off to tiny tomorrow to get his money for his season ticket back.

Perhaps Vlads rant will take away from the serious issue here, that they are retaining this player, I am sure they will be working on the basis that time heals everything, but this wont go away.

The best thing for hearts and there fans is to ship CT off. If they are that intent on getting money/value for him, and lets be honest that is what this boils down to funny how you can actually put a price on it, then he should be off to play for Vlads other team.

I dont want CT coming to easter road next year and having to listen to the abuse he will get, whilst he may deserve it I dont want a derby match to be about that / providing him with the limelight and making every parent, child, supporter and general individual having to become involved in that atmosphere.

Dashing Bob S
24-06-2011, 11:27 PM
The decision to back Thomson is pretty inexplicable. When taken together with the bizarre official statement, it might indicate that Vlad is using the issue to force a crisis, inn order to manouvre himself out of the PBS and pull the plug on the whole sordid enterprise.

It seems to me that he could be 'grooming' the Yam support for an exit.

IndieHibby
24-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I would agree with that, I have spoken to a few of my mates that at this time last week stated he would never been seen at hearts again and were totally behind him getting his jotters. They are amazed at what the club has done, and unfairly on them in the situation where they actually dont feel like going to the games and cheering on him and hearts for the attitude they have shown to the situation - one even said there was no chance he was going back, as he heads along with his kid and is off to tiny tomorrow to get his money for his season ticket back.

Perhaps Vlads rant will take away from the serious issue here, that they are retaining this player, I am sure they will be working on the basis that time heals everything, but this wont go away.

The best thing for hearts and there fans is to ship CT off. If they are that intent on getting money/value for him, and lets be honest that is what this boils down to funny how you can actually put a price on it, then he should be off to play for Vlads other team.

I dont want CT coming to easter road next year and having to listen to the abuse he will get, whilst he may deserve it I dont want a derby match to be about that / providing him with the limelight and making every parent, child, supporter and general individual having to become involved in that atmosphere.

Exactly. Footballs clubs have worked hard at their "Family Club" image, are implicitly and explicitly involved in the well-being and development of children. What lesson do kids learn about life, if CT stays? If I have to read another comment which attempts to compare this situation to any other form of employment, where the employer cannot sack the employee, i think I might flip. On that logic, we should let him work in a sodding primary school!

I wouldn't like to have to take my kids to the game, to be asked the question: "Why is eveyone calling him a beast, Daddy?".

Kids shouldn't have to be exposed to that stuff when they are meant to look up to these people.

What the **** are Hearts playing at?

IndieHibby
24-06-2011, 11:35 PM
The decision to back Thomson is pretty inexplicable. When taken together with the bizarre official statement, it might indicate that Vlad is using the issue to force a crisis, inn order to manouvre himself out of the PBS and pull the plug on the whole sordid enterprise.

It seems to me that he could be 'grooming' the Yam support for an exit.

That, or he's completely mental.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-06-2011, 11:39 PM

You've got to love it!!!!

Fax ache.......

Geo_1875
24-06-2011, 11:40 PM
That, or he's completely mental.

I don't disagree that the man is mental but I do think he honestly believes the **** he comes out with.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

IndieHibby
24-06-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't disagree that the man is mental but I do think he honestly believes the **** he comes out with.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I just can't buy the "this is all part of his plan to be able to walk away from Hearts" scenario.

Just can't buy it.

Bad Martini
24-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Its radge mentalisim radgeness of the highest order.

****in hell, I thought huns behaviour was deplorable!! New low

ENDOF

matty_f
24-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Its radge mentalisim radgeness of the highest order.

****in hell, I thought huns behaviour was deplorable!! New low

ENDOF

:agree: This goes beyond the OF nonsense, IMHO. Suggesting that two young girls were in some way to blame for an adult sending them photos that no 12 or 14 year old should have to see, is utterly despicable.

Removed
25-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I am not long in and have just seen that statement from Romanov. Words fail me.......after I stopped pishing my self laughing :faf:

Thegreenside
25-06-2011, 12:06 AM

well done this company, hopefully others will follow

DoonTheSlope
25-06-2011, 12:13 AM
This official statement from Heart of Midlothian Football Club beggers belief. No right thinking person would wish to be associated with the accusations officially stated by the club. Hearts fans surely can not stand by and watch this systematic destruction of their football clubs reputation. I am certain supporters of Hibernian would not tolerate this kind of behaviour from our custodians.

I will be surprised if Jim Jefferies and his back room staff will be able or willing to work for this club much longer. Like him or not JJ has a strong reputation within the game and is highly regarded by most people within football. Like wise surely Hearts fans will have come to the end of their tether with their once proud club becoming a laughing stock to world not just Scottish Football. The press will have a field day with this and it will be shown world wide.

Some of the accusations and language used is quite simply outrageous and most probably illegal, as I am sure we will find out in the not to distant future.

Are we seeing the begining of the end for Romanov and possibly Hearts as we know them. Is there method in his madness and is he looking for excuses to exit?

Liberal Hibby
25-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Utterly unbelievable and inexcusable.

Here's what I've said elsewhere: http://livingonwords.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-destroy-your-reputation-in-one.html

Greentinted
25-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Are we seeing the begining of the end for Romanov and possibly Hearts as we know them. Is there method in his madness and is he looking for excuses to exit?

Aye, when you strip away all the nonsense it does appear a tailor-made combination of circumstances to engineer an exit-strategy.
Vlad will do the aggrieved, misunderstood outsider act and off he goes into the dust.
And again, without taking any vicarious pleasure her, it will probably be the best thing for them and indeed the rest of us when they topple back down to planet earth!

Springbank
25-06-2011, 12:43 AM
interesting to note that, while jambos often think they are ultra loyal to their heroes (and they think we're not) we've all seen their reaction to Pressley Hartley etc at the tic.

But that's nothing compared to this assassination of Gary MacKay, the medal-less Jambo (Dave Beaumont won more than you GM hahaha)

Not exactly what you'd call grateful or loyal though, is it, this statement?

Peevemor
25-06-2011, 12:53 AM

I'd certainly hope both these organisations have an urgent re-think about their association with HMFC. The Yams flippant attitude to grooming and the madcap statements would make me run a mile if I had any sort of link up with them.

This is a superb opportunity for all their sponsors. If they withdraw their backing, the publicity they'll get wil far outweigh what they would normally have got. Wonga for example can put themselves on the moral high ground for a change.

HibeeSince85
25-06-2011, 12:58 AM
I just can't buy the "this is all part of his plan to be able to walk away from Hearts" scenario.

Just can't buy it.

Correct!!

Nasty, beast employing, **** riddled ******* of a club.

Romanov isn't playing games here, he is as radge as most of their fans.

This is Hearts, you think we are all over the place the now, look at that lot.

steviedonx
25-06-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm having real trouble reading this latest bit of Vlad madness, not least because of the tears of laughter in my eyes.

As far as I can make out, Gary McKay is some sort of mafioso hypnostist that is controlling the minds of the players he represents, and sending them out in the world to wield arms, take cocaine and groom young girls via the internet.

He then uses his powers of persuasion to make referees, the SFA and the Scottish press turn their considerable weight of authority against one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, for no better reason than, well, I can't even really think of one.

Anyone have a different interpretation?

Springbank
25-06-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm having real trouble reading this latest bit of Vlad madness, not least because of the tears of laughter in my eyes.

As far as I can make out, Gary McKay is some sort of mafioso hypnostist that is controlling the minds of the players he represents, and sending them out in the world to wield arms, take cocaine and groom young girls via the internet.

He then uses his powers of persuasion to make referees, the SFA and the Scottish press turn their considerable weight of authority against one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, for no better reason than, well, I can't even really think of one.

Anyone have a different interpretation?

This is taken from the (English version) of the Daily Mirror, Saturday edition…it suggests MacKay is surveying the landscape at present with a view to taking Vlad for every penny. This is his reported statement in reply...

In a statement issued to Press Association Sport in response to this evening's club statement, Mackay said: "The Hearts record appearance holder with 737 appearances declined to comment."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Hearts-owner-Vladimir-Romanov-in-bizarre-mafia-rant-on-club-website-article752274.html#ixzz1QFNGj63P

Steve-O
25-06-2011, 01:49 AM
The statement is great :greengrin

Mental.

hibiedude
25-06-2011, 04:35 AM

Most Hearts fans I have spoken to are disgusted at this decision and my wife is seething at the fact at last things seemed to be changing for the better at their club with the players they now have at the club but Romanov’s interference again has made this club a laughing stock.

The Falcon
25-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Follow up statement from Sergejus Fedotovas (https://www.facebook.com/sergejusf)

No one but the Club knows better what has happened. Based on this knowledge we've made a decision. We do not judge by articles in the press. Some of you are ready to crucify the player based on what you read in the trash. Same trash that is keen to blackmail and undermine the Club, see Romanov go and drink champagne on the funeral day of the Club. It is hopeless to expect truthful coverage. Bad news is good news - it will stay like this, but we will never behave in the way the trash has planned for us.
Believe me, the Club would never agree to stick with someone who is dangerous or can be inappropriate. We made a careful consideration and we are accepting responsibility for the boy. I want to repeat this - we do not just make a statement, but we accept the responsibility for someone who has done wrong, but is not someone who will ever reat it and has learned the lesson.
We trust we will prove it to you.

Devonhibs
25-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Follow up statement from Sergejus Fedotovas (https://www.facebook.com/sergejusf)

No one but the Club knows better what has happened. Based on this knowledge we've made a decision. We do not judge by articles in the press. Some of you are ready to crucify the player based on what you read in the trash. Same trash that is keen to blackmail and undermine the Club, see Romanov go and drink champagne on the funeral day of the Club. It is hopeless to expect truthful coverage. Bad news is good news - it will stay like this, but we will never behave in the way the trash has planned for us.
Believe me, the Club would never agree to stick with someone who is dangerous or can be inappropriate. We made a careful consideration and we are accepting responsibility for the boy. I want to repeat this - we do not just make a statement, but we accept the responsibility for someone who has done wrong, but is not someone who will ever reat it and has learned the lesson.

Only because they believe he has a monetary value to possibly sell. If he was on the periphery with no future, he'd be gone.

legends of 73
25-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Article continues
Advertisement

just choked on my cornflakes wtf is this clown on about

ArabHibee
25-06-2011, 07:08 AM

Oh my gosh, it just gets better and better! :faf:

Someone over here needs to change the password to edit their website pronto, talk about pushing the self destruct button.

I think Dashing Bob is right, queue exit from madvlad.

Barney McGrew
25-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Same trash that is keen to blackmail and undermine the Club, see Romanov go and drink champagne on the funeral day of the Club.

Fingers crossed.

I think that this morning there will be even more people that wouldn't bat an eyelid if that horrible institution disappeared down the drain.

Barney McGrew
25-06-2011, 07:14 AM
BTW, I see the guy who's in charge of the Hertz supporters trust has continued the trend of mentalist statements:

Derek Watson, chairman of the Hearts Supporters' Trust, also backed the club's decision.
He said: "I know that the courts had no choice but to put Mr Thomson on the sex offenders register.
"As far as I know, the club have carried out their own investigation and what has been reported isn't the full story.
"As chairman of the supporters' trust, I believe the club have investigated it in depth, and although he made a mistake, they are willing to stand by him and I am willing to stand by the club's verdict."

BroxburnHibee
25-06-2011, 07:24 AM
BTW, I see the guy who's in charge of the Hertz supporters trust has continued the trend of mentalist statements:

So the club know more than the courts and justice system who convicted him. :crazy:

Lemmings as always.

The breakfast club thing does a lot of good for children in the city so I cant see Aegon turning away from it. I'd imagine the employees might have a lot to say about it though. :tee hee:

matty_f
25-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Naturally, the club's investigation would have been more thorough than that of the police.

There are NO circumstances where you can accept that an adult, in full mental health and capacity,can put forward any sort of mitigation to excuse the sending of pornographic photos of themselves, to excuse asking girls of 12 and 14 to show their chests, and to ask them for sex, which iirc, thomson was accessed of doing (and pleaded guilty to).

Of course the courts had no choice but to place him on the sex offenders register. This bawbag is making out that the court probably wouldn't have if there was a choice! Thomson was grooming young teenage girls ffs. What do they think you need to do to actually deserve to go on the register?!

They are an absolute disgrace, and I applaud those fans of enough morals to actually be offended enough by their club to stand against it.

Benny Brazil
25-06-2011, 07:37 AM

I shouldn't be suprised with anything that comes from anyone associated with that club - but I am saddened that a supporters assoc can come out and show full support for the club and a child sex offender.
They have truly sold their souls to the devil. And there is no going back now.

DaveF
25-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Naturally, the club's investigation would have been more thorough than that of the police.

There are NO circumstances where you can accept that an adult, in full mental health and capacity,can put forward any sort of mitigation to excuse the sending of pornographic photos of themselves, to excuse asking girls of 12 and 14 to show their chests, and to ask them for sex, which iirc, thomson was accessed of doing (and pleaded guilty to).

Of course the courts had no choice but to place him on the sex offenders register. This bawbag is making out that the court probably wouldn't have if there was a choice! Thomson was grooming young teenage girls ffs. What do they think you need to do to actually deserve to go on the register?!

They are an absolute disgrace, and I applaud those fans of enough morals to actually be offended enough by their club to stand against it.

Problem being that there isn't enough Hearts fans with the moral fibre to actually make a difference.

Some of the loonies on Sickbag are probably right. Been there, heard it, read it all before.

Come next week, it'll probably all die down.

Spike Mandela
25-06-2011, 07:43 AM

More vodka it would appear:greengrin

Aldo
25-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I have 2 girls and believe you me if this had happened to my 2 then i would not be responsible for my actions.

Front pages of the TRASH this morning

and VLAD is blaming the MAFIA for his actions. Backing the player as the courts were not in possession of all ths facts????

I would like to think if this had happened down ER then the player would be straight out of the door.

YOu can just imagine the chants when playing them this season.

Barney McGrew
25-06-2011, 07:49 AM
The first question any self respecting journalist needs to ask FJK at their next press conference is "Do you support your club's decision over Thomson" and then sit back and watch him squirm.

If they stick a player up to answer questions, then ask the same thing.

Horrible, horrible club.

DaveF
25-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Derek Watson, chairman of the Hearts Supporters' Trust - Supporting Sex Offenders Since 2011

weonlywon6-2
25-06-2011, 07:55 AM
More coming, Hearts have said :

"There are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance the player's conduct, no matter how distasteful was the result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything more sinister."What a load of pish. Absolute $***.

have to say im surprised that they havent sacked him. if it was him just being stupid he would have got a far lesser fine and would not have been put on the sex offences registar.
there must have been good evidence to support that he is dangerous to minors hence the 5 year tag :confused::confused:

southern hibby
25-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Genuine question here.

Can we get a banning order against him coming to Easter Road? Would it be legal and if so what could happen if it was boken?

I live down south (Oxford) and don't get to a lot of games however if someone with kids (that was a season ticket holder) applied for a banning order under the grounds that they felt that their kids were at risk, would it be issued?

Or alternitively can we e-mail the club (or the SFA) and lodge a complaint about him still getting to play infront of kids?

GGTTH

Carheenlea
25-06-2011, 07:59 AM
YOu can just imagine the chants when playing them this season.

Can't wait!
I don't get the outrage on here over Hearts' decision, I only see this as terrific news, and provides ammunition and endless varieties of entertaining derby day songs for years to come.
What's not to like...?

Aldo
25-06-2011, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Carheenlea;2840042]Can't wait!
I don't get the outrage on here over Hearts' decision, I only see this as terrific news, and provides ammunition and endless varieties of entertaining derby day songs for years to come.
What's not to like...?[/QUOTE

YOu can imagine the papers getting at other teams for signing those chants however MAD VLAD has made a ROD for his own back and looking foward to watching/listening to opposing teams getting stuck right in about them.

I really to wonder what Jumbo's thinking of at the mo....being told that he must include him in the 1st team squad and play him. Fun times ahead me thinks

Antifa Hibs
25-06-2011, 08:05 AM
What are the dafties over on JKB saying about this?

There is a bit coming up on SSN about this, with the anchor man saying something along the lines of 'Stay tuned, believe me you won't want to miss this' :faf:

If Hibs where to come out with anything like this, i'd never set foot in ER Again!!!

Vlad :not worth
When is it we get the Roseburn stand full of Lithuania flags..?

Future17
25-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Can't wait!
What's not to like...?

I'm trying to make my mind up if you're serious, but I'm going to assume you're not.

There's nothing entertaining about this situation. It's beyond that. Anything that creates an acceptable face for paedophilia should be dealt with harshly.

The level of seriousness this sort of thing should be afforded shouldn't be diluted by making it an opportunity for comedy in front of a mass audience.