PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor

The Falcon
24-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Havent seen this posted yet.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3656050/Garry-OConnor-cop-bust-charges.html

Dont know if this is old/current or what as there is not a lot of information.

Beefster
24-06-2011, 06:23 AM
If true, I'm sure that the club already knew about this before he signed and have taken steps to ensure that it won't happen again without consequences for O'Connor.

down-the-slope
24-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Well its hardly unexpected given he was released pending enquiries...the PF obviously thinks there is a case to answer....:rolleyes:

Maybe those who have taken the holier than thow attitude about stuff over the road will see we have stuff to put right in our own house....

I hope he has been told in no uncertain terms that past is past...but now he has signed any proven events of such a nature and bye bye

moggie
24-06-2011, 07:42 AM
There seems to be more opinion on Ian Black than Garry O Connor. I personally wouldnt have Garry anywhere near our club after this, surely this is bringing our club into disrepute? Serious gross misconduct and all that.........

Jack
24-06-2011, 08:18 AM
There seems to be more opinion on Ian Black than Garry O Connor. I personally wouldnt have Garry anywhere near our club after this, surely this is bringing our club into disrepute? Serious gross misconduct and all that.........

Aye, I’m sure that would work. He's been taken on with everyone and their cat and dug knowing these charges were likely and then sack him when the inevitable happens! :coffee:

Woody1985
24-06-2011, 08:18 AM

We signed him knowing full well what was likely to happen so we can't get rid. Anymore instances whilst at the club and we should.

ski1875
24-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Its only a bit coke i bet most football players have dabbled. its a bad image but i don't think this should be blown out of proportion he gets charged that's his punishment, nothin else

jdships
24-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Has GO'C been charged with any offence ?
Has GO'C been tried in court ?

Innocent until found guilty surely

:confused::flag:

moggie
24-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Aye, I’m sure that would work. He's been taken on with everyone and their cat and dug knowing these charges were likely and then sack him when the inevitable happens! :coffee:

Its a measure of how far our club has slipped IMO, it almost seems like its acceptable now, it would also seem our own fans are quite acceptable to the fact weve signed someone with a well known coke addiction.

ski1875
24-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Its a measure of how far our club has slipped IMO, it almost seems like its acceptable now, it would also seem our own fans are quite acceptable to the fact weve signed someone with a well known coke addiction.

Standards have slipped? yeah cos no hibs player touched drugs throughout the 80s or 90s right?

Andy74
24-06-2011, 08:34 AM

I can't be arsed with all this fasciantion with how nice our players are of the pitch. I only care about whether we are likely to win on a Saturday or not.

Let's leave all this stuf to the coaches to ensure that whatever these guys do doesn't effect the job on the pitch.

All this stuff about how bad an influence Stokes was as well, don't care, he scored goals and we won games, that's that. The lack of that bad influence hasn't really made things any better has it?

moggie
24-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Standards have slipped? yeah cos no hibs player touched drugs throughout the 80s or 90s right?

as i said it all seems acceptable ....

RoxburghHibs
24-06-2011, 08:47 AM

It's certainly not a good thing - but has he been convicted yet? Also as long as he behaves for the next 12 months, and performs on the pitch for us, then I don't care if he was into booze, drugs etc previously.

Hardly a shock that a footballer has taken coke at some point in his career is it now?

ski1875
24-06-2011, 08:49 AM

Its never been acceptable. the clubs simply allowin the law to handout the punishment as normal . you don't automatically get thrown out of any other job for having a drugs charge

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2011, 08:52 AM

I don't think he's addicted. A sense of perspective is needed when talking about drug use. It's against the law, but there are lots of people who think it shouldn't be.

Lucius Apuleius
24-06-2011, 08:53 AM

Really? I never knew that. Maybe we need better communication here.

Petrie!!!!!!!

Andy74
24-06-2011, 08:59 AM
It gets worse, I've just seen a well known Hibs player driving his motor vehicle at about 33 mph in a 30 zone!!

Petrie!!

Craig_in_Prague
24-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Listening to radio and they said Scotland has the largest number of Coke users in the world.

Slightly off topic, but terrible to hear such a thing.

Lucius Apuleius
24-06-2011, 09:15 AM
It gets worse, I've just seen a well known Hibs player driving his motor vehicle at about 33 mph in a 30 zone!!

Petrie!!

Well at least it was just a wee bit of speed, and not coke.

Judas Iscariot
24-06-2011, 09:16 AM

About time that erse was launched :rolleyes:

WellingtonHibby
24-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Its a measure of how far our club has slipped IMO, it almost seems like its acceptable now, it would also seem our own fans are quite acceptable to the fact weve signed someone with a well known coke addiction.<br /

i like a beer on a friday after work.. I might even have two or three.then on a saturday night, i might have a couple more...

Im not an addict though.

<br />

Phil D. Rolls
24-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Listening to radio and they said Scotland has the largest number of Coke users in the world.

Slightly off topic, but terrible to hear such a thing.

Yet our society stumbles on. Gun crime is minimal, few people starve to death and - on the whole - people are happy with their lot. Maybe drugs are not the evil menace they are portrayed as in some quarters. Maybe a lot of people can use them and continue to lead productive and fulfilling lives.

Scotland also has one of the highest intakes of alcohol in the world, and that worries me a lot more.

jdships
24-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Yet our society stumbles on. Gun crime is minimal, few people starve to death and - on the whole - people are happy with their lot. Maybe drugs are not the evil menace they are portrayed as in some quarters. Maybe a lot of people can use them and continue to lead productive and fulfilling lives.

Scotland also has one of the highest intakes of alcohol in the world, and that worries me a lot more.

:thumbsup::top marks

Craig_in_Prague
24-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Fair points.
If people use something for themselves and that is that, not my business.

I feel stronger against drugs, it nearly took my life thanks to someone else - However I drink lager fairly often. Drink in moderation is fine, but having lived over here for so many years, I am well aware of the drink problems back home and that alcohol is handled differently and generally is a problem in the country.

Beefster
24-06-2011, 09:49 AM

This ex-poster seemed to be very au fait with the latest Sickbag pish. I'd go as far to say that his [Le] Chat was terrible.

silverhibee
24-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Well at least it was just a wee bit of speed, and not coke.

:tee hee:

ScottB
24-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Our love for stabbing each other at random is probably the countries worst problem, cocaine certainly isn't...

erin go bragh
24-06-2011, 10:45 AM
This alledged offence happened before g`o c signed and the club were fully aware of the charges g`o c had a good chance of facing , a clean slate once he signed and judge him from then onwards .
ggtth

RoxburghHibs
24-06-2011, 10:49 AM
This ex-poster seemed to be very au fait with the latest Sickbag pish. I'd go as far to say that his [Le] Chat was terrible.

How come he's been binned? Did I miss something?

I hate it when that happens!

:greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
24-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Wouldn't worry too much, try living here in Czechland.

Alcohol Consumption Per Country (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption)

timebomb
24-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't worry too much, try living here in Czechland.

Alcohol Consumption Per Country (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption)

Proof that independence is needed. Without the English, Welsh & Irish holding us back I think Scotland could look to break into the top 10.

C'mon the bevy!!!

CRAZYHIBBY
24-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Who gives a ........................i bet there a good few posters on here that have dabbled with the old colombian marching powder:agree:

marinello59
24-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Who gives a ........................i bet there a good few posters on here that have dabbled with the old colombian marching powder:agree:

Aye, why should anybody care? The crime and deprivation associated with its production is confined to foreign countries; the perfect drug for the well heeled to take whilst deluding themselves it is not only cool but harmless.

Ernie Cobra
24-06-2011, 04:42 PM

tippled him right away, as im sure most folk with a large post count of peadoback did.......wonder will he figure me out over there for what its worth moggie, le chat pussie' is featuring in the next hearts team snuff movie.

ballengeich
25-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know whether a player convicted of possession of illegal drugs is liable to a suspension from football, and what the length of such a suspension would be?

CRAZYHIBBY
25-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Does anyone know whether a player convicted of possession of illegal drugs is liable to a suspension from football, and what the length of such a suspension would be?

I dont think he was under contract with any club when he was caught........on the other hand if it was a random drugs test from the club or sfa or whoever the hell does these things and he was actually under contract then im sure he would have been banned

500miles
25-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Aye, why should anybody care? The crime and deprivation associated with its production is confined to foreign countries; the perfect drug for the well heeled to take whilst deluding themselves it is not only cool but harmless.

To be fair, if youre going to go with the deprivation of the production angle, you've got to stock the cupboards with Fairtrade coffee and biscuits, never buy another bit of Nike gear - or probably even Puma - and throw away your jewellry.