PDA

View Full Version : Erin Go Bragh flags?

CoatbridgeHibee
23-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Was wondering where i could purchase a flag from for TITP, could do with suggestions if anyone has any better ideas. Cheers

GGTTH

leemel
23-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Ebay.

Fantic
23-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Good a flag debate.

I'd buy a saltire, tricolour and Erin Go Bragh flag then sew them together.

Removed
23-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Good a flag debate.

I'd buy a saltire, tricolour and Erin Go Bragh flag then sew them together.

:agree:

In what order though? Another poster on here has the very same combination.

CoatbridgeHibee
23-06-2011, 11:26 PM
i'm trying to stay away from e-bay to see if there's any shops that i could get one from. I like the idea of sewing a few together for next season but i just want the one for TITP.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Google it and theres a topper of an EGB flag set in a Tri Colour with the words below the harp. Only ever seen one at Easter Road before. Its not the usual one they punt down the lane

Niffy
24-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Sayin nothin'

green&left
24-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Bought mine from here > http://www.1000flags.co.uk/ireland-forever---erin-go-bragh-los-san-patricios-1013-p.asp

Fantic
24-06-2011, 08:51 AM

In what order though? Another poster on here has the very same combination.

Was one behind the goals at every home game for a while. Don't see it as much now but it did help to add a bit of colour.

Cabbage East
24-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Google it and theres a topper of an EGB flag set in a Tri Colour with the words below the harp. Only ever seen one at Easter Road before. Its not the usual one they punt down the lane

There used to be one of these at the front of the East, next to the South stand. Nice looking flag.

Jamesie
24-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Why are you wanting to take it to TITP, just out of interest? Personally I wouldn't - too much of a risk of it starting bother.

RoxburghHibs
24-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Was wondering where i could purchase a flag from for TITP, could do with suggestions if anyone has any better ideas. Cheers

GGTTH

You used to get these jsut outside Easter Road on match day. Not looked for a while as already own one :thumbsup:

:flag:

HibbyKeith
24-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Why are you wanting to take it to TITP, just out of interest? Personally I wouldn't - too much of a risk of it starting bother.

a saltire all the way for TITP. just not worth the potential hassle of drunken a-holes starting bother over a daft flag.

Enjoy your weekend though.

Dunbar Hibee
24-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Pish. If anyone started bother over that then that is they're problem.

DH1875
25-06-2011, 01:48 PM
i'm trying to stay away from e-bay to see if there's any shops that i could get one from. I like the idea of sewing a few together for next season but i just want the one for TITP.

Pitty about Ebay cause there's a few on there :agree:. I got a hudge Spain flag last year for the world cup of Ebay and it was as sweet as, no problems at all with it even after it spent about 6 months hanging out in the garden in the rain.

Removed
25-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Was one behind the goals at every home game for a while. Don't see it as much now but it did help to add a bit of colour.

:agree: he was st holder in FF lower now in the East I think. Regular at away games too.

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Pish. If anyone started bother over that then that is they're problem.

:rolleyes: So someone or a group kicks off with you and or your mates because of the flag you are carrying which sadly is all too possible these days. It then becomes your problem which you are forced to deal with.

DH1875
25-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Thing is you only got to look on here to see how many take offence at the Yams if they've got an N.Ireland flag or a Union Jack.
Sad reflection at them and us that people can get so worked up over a flag. After all it's just a flag FFS :brickwall.

Buy the flag and get it right up them :thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
25-06-2011, 03:53 PM
:rolleyes: So someone or a group kicks off with you and or your mates because of the flag you are carrying which sadly is all too possible these days. It then becomes your problem which you are forced to deal with.

I know what your saying, but I personally wouldn't give a **** and would take the flag with me and fly it proud.:aok:

Removed
25-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I know what your saying, but I personally wouldn't give a **** and would take the flag with me and fly it proud.:aok:

Then watch the rest of the festival in a&e.

Aren't a lot of folk pished at these gigs? Only takes one nutter to pull a blade.

NAE NOOKIE
26-06-2011, 06:11 PM

GGTTH

Why an Erin Go Bragh flag for TITP are the Corrs playing or something ?

If its got anything to do with Hibs or being a Hibby why not take a Hibs forever flag.

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 07:21 PM

If its got anything to do with Hibs or being a Hibby why not take a Hibs forever flag.

I really am interested in why the OP is wanting to take an EGB flag with him/her to TITP.

FifeeHibee
26-06-2011, 07:26 PM
:flag:There are great Hibs flags around- colourful (green and white!). What more could you want? Leave the Irish stuff to the lesser teams.:thumbsup:

Antifa Hibs
26-06-2011, 07:30 PM

I really am interested in why the OP is wanting to take an EGB flag with him/her to TITP.

:flag:There are great Hibs flags around- colourful (green and white!). What more could you want? Leave the Irish stuff to the lesser teams.:thumbsup:

"...That if, you know your history"

8 pager.

FifeeHibee
26-06-2011, 07:38 PM
"...That if, you know your history"

8 pager.

I know my history but Irish flags have sod all to do with Hibs today.

Antifa Hibs
26-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I know my history but Irish flags have sod all to do with Hibs today.

Like it or lump it, it was our first badge.

Don't try and erase our history because of a few bampots through West.

Hibernian's a bit too Irish for me. We should change that tae :agree:

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 07:44 PM

You're the one that's going to make this into an 8-pager.
I'm merely asking the OP why he/she wants to take one to TITP.

FifeeHibee
26-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Our name speaks for itself and our history. We can be proud of that. But Scottish football must shake off the sectarian bit (especially the OF). It's outdated, dangerous and should be totally out of place in today's society.

Jamesie
26-06-2011, 07:52 PM
It's a music festival. Why the need to bring flags along?

Niffy
26-06-2011, 08:18 PM
History or not , I will never understand why anyone wants to associate any football team with any country (or religion for that matter in other occasions).

That's what always causes rifts.

If anyone is so wanting to fly Irish propaganda so much in my mind they are supporting the wrong team.

I know it was/is in the badge and all that p!sh, but so what, you only have to look at the sectarian bile from all over last season to see this kinda thing won't help.

RoxburghHibs
26-06-2011, 09:12 PM
History or not , I will never understand why anyone wants to associate any football team with any country (or religion for that matter in other occasions).

That's what always causes rifts.

If anyone is so wanting to fly Irish propaganda so much in my mind they are supporting the wrong team.

I know it was/is in the badge and all that p!sh, but so what, you only have to look at the sectarian bile from all over last season to see this kinda thing won't help.

The point is the the EGB flag is our clubs first badge. Why would a Hibs fan not be proud of this flag/badge? This flag still represents Hibernian FC as much as any of our previous badges.

I personally have no issues with any off our previous badges being used to display pride at being a Hibs fan (even if I wasn't a fan of the saturn badge of the 90's).

Removed
26-06-2011, 09:15 PM
The point is the the EGB flag is our clubs first badge. Why would a Hibs fan not be proud of this flag/badge? This flag still represents Hibernian FC as much as any of our previous badges.

I personally have no issues with any off our previous badges being used to display pride at being a Hibs fan (even if I wasn't a fan of the saturn badge of the 90's).

Don't disagree with any of that. Taking one to the fitba is fair enough but TITP :crazy:

Removed
26-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Just watching a bit of Glastonbury and they flags are a total pain in the arse :bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
27-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Why would you not be proud of our Irish heritage?:confused:

Removed
27-06-2011, 07:05 AM

Who is that to?

CoatbridgeHibee
27-06-2011, 01:43 PM
i do understand that it is a bit of a risk taking one to TITP now however i don't believe i should be put off taking it whith me due to a few bampots who are going to try and start bother. i am not lowering my standerds to those who of the two glasgow sides but am only trying to show my keen interest in our clubs history and expressing it wherever i go.

Hibercelona
27-06-2011, 02:02 PM
You're a Scotsman taking a flag to a gig in Scotland. Take a Scotland flag and fly it proud.

"Erin Go Brah" has nothing to do with what you are doing. You're Scottish man!! :aok:

:saltireflag

Hibernia Na Eir
27-06-2011, 02:12 PM
i do understand that it is a bit of a risk taking one to TITP now however i don't believe i should be put off taking it whith me due to a few bampots who are going to try and start bother. i am not lowering my standerds to those who of the two glasgow sides but am only trying to show my keen interest in our clubs history and expressing it wherever i go.

Look forward to seein it on BBC that weekend :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-06-2011, 04:20 PM
What about an alba gu brath flag, you'll get less hassle and you can tell folk you support a scottish team.

NAE NOOKIE
27-06-2011, 10:25 PM

I am proud of Hibs Irish heratige and have no problem acknowledging it when ever the history of Hibs comes up. Hells bells I'm a quarter Irish myself.

But that is Hibs history, not to my mind what being a Hibby is about now. I am proud to be a Hibby, proud to be Scottish.

I would hate for us to have the stupid backward looking mindset of the celtic fans and that is why Erin go Bragh flags are for daft weegie idiots who after generations of living in Scotland still cling to a stupid mindset that should have been left behind generations ago.

Hibs forever. Scotland forever.

ArabHibee
27-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I am proud of Hibs Irish heratige and have no problem acknowledging it when ever the history of Hibs comes up. Hells bells I'm a quarter Irish myself.

But that is Hibs history, not to my mind what being a Hibby is about now. I am proud to be a Hibby, proud to be Scottish.

I would hate for us to have the stupid backward looking mindset of the celtic fans and that is why Erin go Bragh flags are for daft weegie idiots who after generations of living in Scotland still cling to a stupid mindset that should have been left behind generations ago.

Hibs forever. Scotland forever.

:top marks:

The only folk at TITP who would know what the flag was about would be other hibees. Most folk will just think the OP is Irish or a Celtc supporter. Suppose its up to him if he wants bother. I'd personally not take a flag like that with me.