PDA

View Full Version : Would you want KT back? (from 2011)

cjhibee1
23-06-2011, 03:34 PM
With the interview today, would you be happy if he returned?

erin go bragh
23-06-2011, 03:41 PM
In a hartbeat [cant bring myself to even spell that ]:devil:
ggtth

soupy
23-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh **** aye :-)

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2011, 03:44 PM
nope

hibb1
23-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Yip :agree:

Benny Brazil
23-06-2011, 03:46 PM
No

hibee92
23-06-2011, 03:47 PM
no for me

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 03:56 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R'Albin
23-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes.

Sexton
23-06-2011, 03:58 PM
aye

CentreLine
23-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Of course. We need good players at Easter Road and he was certainly that. His attitude would have to be better though

Hainan Hibs
23-06-2011, 04:01 PM
The "will he won't he" endless saga regarding Calderwood, now chat of a possible return for Thomshun, will it ever end:boo hoo:

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:03 PM
:agree: Without thinking twice!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2011, 04:03 PM
People want to pull ivans dangler, but, just cos KT was a fud when he left he is a no, no.

Oh dear!

one day maybe...
23-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Who wouldn't want a quality player back at ER and KT was quality. Pity we didn't have the ambition to hold onto these players (Brown, Thompson, Whittaker, Riordan, O'connor, Murphy) Mowbrary as manager for a few seasons longer than we did. I think it may have brought Hibs bigger dividends than just cash, perhaps a title, that elusive Scottish Cup :greengrin. But hey money dictates the game and we can't compete with big wages, so we will never know.

YehButNoBut
23-06-2011, 04:05 PM
He's still only 26 and if fit would be a great signing IMO.

Was only 22 when he left, ok he said and done some daft things but I'm sure we all did at that age.

Let's just move on. :agree:

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:16 PM
People want to pull ivans dangler, but, just cos KT was a fud when he left he is a no, no.

Oh dear!
Big difference between sproule and thomson when leaving. Collins almost shoved ivan out the door and thomson couldn't wait to leave because he's a money grabbing fud. Hope he rots in hell!:greengrin

YehButNoBut
23-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Whittaker knocks back new Rangers contract
Ibrox midfielder Steven Whittaker has rejected a new £1m a year contract that would have made him the second highest paid player at the club.
It's been reported that Rangers intend to let the Scotland international leave for free at the end of his contract next season after rejecting an £800,000 bid from Bursaspor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noticed the above in the Scotsman, maybe we could get him back as well. If Deek re-signs we would just need to get Scott Brown back to have the golden generation back in place. :thumbsup:

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Big difference between sproule and thomson when leaving. Collins almost shoved ivan out the door and thomson couldn't wait to leave because he's a money grabbing fud. Hope he rots in hell!:greengrin

Or you could look at it as he was trying to financially secure his future? Yes he could have left in a more dignified manner but like someone already posted at 22 maybe he was a little bit naive?

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Or you could look at it as he was trying to financially secure his future? Yes he could have left in a more dignified manner but like someone already posted at 22 maybe he was a little bit naive?
Or maybe he's just a ****. yeah i think so.

Musselbound
23-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Only if we could get Joe T back as well. How many ex-players do we want? What is it with this way of thinking?

hibee_girl
23-06-2011, 04:26 PM
No way.

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Or maybe he's just a ****. yeah i think so.

You're entitled to your opinion mate

allezsauzee
23-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Don't have a problem with players wanting to get a better deal for themselves. Both Thomson and Brown had the same agent and found themselves in the same position. Fair enough they both put transfer requests in but Brown still put in the effort every game and continued to be a great player for us while, Thomson was too busy whinging to the press about how hard done by he was and bolted mid season. I think he knows his career is on the skids and wants to use Hibs as a launchpad to move on again. I'd only take him back if he accepted the same wages as he was on previously.

Andy74
23-06-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd take Gadaffi in goal and the new Al Qaeda boy upfront if it meant we'd win a few games.

Barney McGrew
23-06-2011, 04:33 PM
thomson couldn't wait to leave because he's a money grabbing fud.

I'm fairly sure if someone offered you the chance to earn ten times your current salary to do the same job, you'd have your coat on pretty sharpish.

Brown still put in the effort every game and continued to be a great player for us while, Thomson was too busy whinging to the press about how hard done by he was and bolted mid season.

Broony would have been only too happy to bolt mid-season too if Hibs had accepted an offer for him.

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:34 PM
You're entitled to your opinion mate
i know what you mean mate, but i just think the way he went about getting away from us was completely wrong and i would be disgusted if we did get him back.

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm fairly sure if someone offered you the chance to earn ten times your current salary to do the same job, you'd have your coat on pretty sharpish.

Surely none of us on here would ever commit the cardinal sin of even contemplating leaving Hibs? :greengrin

Geo_1875
23-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Dirty, ****my, sneaky, blue badge kissing piece of****. Couldn't possibly let him crawl back into ER.../

Oh no, sorry, that was Ian Murray.

Barney McGrew
23-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Surely none of us on here would ever commit the cardinal sin of even contemplating leaving Hibs? :greengrin

:greengrin

If sure virtually every single person on this thread would happily play for us for £1500 a week, but anyone who says they wouldn't take the opportunity to go along the M8 if they were going to pay £15,000 a week and give them the chance to win trophies and play in europe every season is kidding themselves on.

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:39 PM

Broony would have been only too happy to bolt mid-season too if Hibs had accepted an offer for him.
It's not like he was on minimum wage was it? The way he went about getting away from us was disgusting and i think a lot of people have forgot that.

Golden Bear
23-06-2011, 04:39 PM

If sure virtually every single person on this thread would happily play for us for £1500 a week, but anyone who says they wouldn't take the opportunity to go along the M8 if they were going to pay £15,000 a week and give them the chance to win trophies and play in europe every season is kidding themselves on.

:agree:

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Exactly mate, don't get me wrong I hate seeing our best head along the M8 but taking off the Hibs tinted glasses everyone should be able to understand why players leave when the old firm can offer wages such as Broony's 25k a week

HibsMax
Only if we could get Joe T back as well. How many ex-players do we want? What is it with this way of thinking?

I hear what you're saying but let's not cut off our nose despite our face. I don't think any player should be immediately discounted just because he played at Hibs once before. All that really matters, to me, is that we're signing good players who will add to what we have already.

RIP

Players have such short careers - with injuries shortening that career still further

The days of players with one club for their careers is a thing of the past

We've never replaced Kevin - our midfield has been a polo mint since 2006

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:42 PM
It's not like he was on minimum wage was it? The way he went about getting away from us was disgusting and i think a lot of people have forgot that.

I don't think that's the case mate, more a lot of people have managed to get over it

Barney McGrew
23-06-2011, 04:43 PM
It's not like he was on minimum wage was it?

Maybe not, but would you choose £78k a year or £780k a year?

No brainer.

Albion Hibs
23-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I would take him back no problem. We need the best players we can get it seems so many cry out for ambition yet they are happy to let history get in the way of that. By holding the chip on your shoulder and turning away a good player I think that lacks ambition.

In any event I do not think there is a chance he would come back.

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I do not think there is a chance he would come back.

:agree: Not for another few years anyway at least

Barney McGrew
23-06-2011, 04:44 PM
In any event I do not think there is a chance he would come back.

We couldn't afford him unfortunately.

A fit Kevin Thomson would walk into any starting XI in the SPL.

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Maybe not, but would you choose £78k a year or £780k a year?

No brainer.
still a dirty hun

PISTOL1875
23-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Big difference between sproule and thomson when leaving. Collins almost shoved ivan out the door and thomson couldn't wait to leave because he's a money grabbing fud. Hope he rots in hell!:greengrin10

MMmm lets have a wee think about this now..

Say about £1000-£2000 at ER....

Say about £5,000 - £10,000 at Rangers....

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:53 PM

MMmm lets have a wee think about this now..

Say about £1000-£2000 at ER....

Say about £5,000 - £10,000 at Rangers....
still a dirty hun

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 04:56 PM
still a dirty hun

still bitter? :wink:

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 04:59 PM
still bitter? :wink:
i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

PISTOL1875
23-06-2011, 05:00 PM
still a dirty hun

I think you'll find that Kev is actually a Hibs fan...

Build a bridge and get over it....

Barney McGrew
still a dirty hun

No, he's a Hibs supporter who used to play for Rangers and now plays for Boro

TamHibs
i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

That'll be a yes then :greengrin

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 05:02 PM
That'll be a yes then :greengrin
no i really like him

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2011, 05:03 PM

Thomson wont be at ER any time soon, but, who would you prefer? Ivan or KT its a no brainer.

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 05:04 PM
no i really like him

Are you one of these people who if you saw KT uptown on a night out you'd try and knock him out? :confused:

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 05:04 PM
No, he's a Hibs supporter who used to play for Rangers and now plays for Boro
No, he's a hun. Once a hun always a hun.

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 05:06 PM
No, he's a hun. One a hun always a hun.

So Ian Murray is another dirty hun then? I take it Broony is also a dirty horrible Tim?

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Are you one of these people who if you saw KT uptown on a night out you'd try and knock him out? :confused:
no i would embrace him with open arms and reminisce about his time at hibs. Can't believe you would suggest something so horrible. Disgrace

Scotthibs1875
23-06-2011, 05:08 PM
So Ian Murray is another dirty hun then? I take it Broony is also a dirty horrible Tim?
You're starting to get it now!

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Your starting to get it now!

That's quite a sad outlook but you're entitled to it I suppose....

Malthibby
As has already been said, he was a pillock who said some daft things, but so did most of us at 22. Still do, unfortunately.
He won't be coming back of course, but i would be more than happy if he did.
Still a Hibby, that'll do for me.
GG

TamHibs
no i would embrace him with open arms and reminisce about his time at hibs. Can't believe you would suggest something so horrible. Disgrace

I believe that is probably what most rational hibs fans would do as most understand he's making a living

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Close this thread.

KT left us in a fuddly manner, £2m in the pokey.

If you want to earn a pittance at ER you are more than welcome!

Judas Iscariot
23-06-2011, 05:23 PM
**** no..

Horrible little cretin

hibsbollah
23-06-2011, 05:35 PM

No, thats a bit harsh. I would leave a big toley on his car bonnet though.

Keith_M
23-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure, I'd first want to know if the ORIGINAL members of the Sunshine Band would be joining him or if we'd have to put up with some rejects from the X Factor.

"Oh that's the way,
a-ha, a-ha,
I like it,
a-ha, a-ha"

:singing:

TamHibs
23-06-2011, 05:48 PM
No, thats a bit harsh. I would leave a big toley on his car bonnet though.

:faf::faf::faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-06-2011, 06:25 PM
nae chance! some o youse on here need a word wi yirsels :confused:

:rolleyes:

marinello59
23-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Don't have a problem with players wanting to get a better deal for themselves. Both Thomson and Brown had the same agent and found themselves in the same position. Fair enough they both put transfer requests in but Brown still put in the effort every game and continued to be a great player for us while, Thomson was too busy whinging to the press about how hard done by he was and bolted mid season. I think he knows his career is on the skids and wants to use Hibs as a launchpad to move on again. I'd only take him back if he accepted the same wages as he was on previously.

Only one of them put a transfer request in. And it wasn't Thomson.

KT has been poorly advised when dealing with the media. His brains are obviously all in his feet which is all that matters to me. He is a quality player, I'd have no complaints if he ever came back to Hibs.

pentlando
23-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I know a few Hearts fans who threatened to boycott games if they re-signed Webster, one of them is now getting his name on the back of their strip for next season. The past is forgotten when faced with the present :wink:

Brebners Bookie
23-06-2011, 06:46 PM
surely wont happen but i'd love to see him back.

think mackay was much more to blame than tommo. just wonder how much a 22 year old footballer would have had to do with his press releases etc.

Greentinted
23-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Kevin Thomson made some poor judgement errors at the time of his exit from Hibs. No doubt errors he now, somewhat more mature, regrets. The manner of his transfer to Rangers will rightly leave a bitter taste in many a Hibby mouth, as will his decision to allow the snake Jackson to ghost his tabloid column, but on balance he was a young man, and one who had only really known the cossetted life of a footballer. He moved to improve his financial circumstances and of course to swell his honours cabinet and while it truly galls me that the OF have cherrypicked their rivals talent, sadly that's the way it is these days (hopefully I will see the day when the balance is redressed but its a fair way off yet). Money talks and in the SPL it shouts the loudest at the grimy end of the M8.

What's to say in the intervening time period, he has matured, perhaps even augmented his educational standards and allowed himself a period of contemplation, these recent comments being an example of this.

The guy is a human being, he hasn't killed anyone or come even close to emulating his perditious namesake from Bonnyrigg, and as it goes a pretty decent footballer who people find good company; so while I found his antics a bit reprehensible at the time It doesn't make him a bad man for ever.

Would I want him back? If available, then aye. On a professional basis in the role of a competent, talented midfielder, why not? Its no as if we have a glut of KTs waiting in the wings is it?

Big Frank
23-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I voted yes, if we could get him we should take him.

Childish not to....

--------
23-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Not really. He's injury-prone IMO.

allezsauzee
23-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Only one of them put a transfer request in. And it wasn't Thomson.

KT has been poorly advised when dealing with the media. His brains are obviously all in his feet which is all that matters to me. He is a quality player, I'd have no complaints if he ever came back to Hibs.

Somebody needs to tell Kevin Thomson that he didn't ask for a transfer then because he seems to think he did!

I don't disagree that he's a quality player though

Reaper
23-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I voted no and the reason I never want to see him in a Hibs shirt again is the dis-respect he showed. Young or not, he was old enough to know better. He states he is a Hibs fan, which indeed he is, therefore that makes his comments IMHO even less acceptable. I have also had another experience of him slating hibs after the Scottish Cup final in 2001. I won't share the full details but lets just say the comments, coming from a player who may have been very young BUT he was trying to make a name at the club and taking their money, were outrageous to say the least. I won't forget that and that blinkered my opinion of him as I hated him even when he played for us and probably always will.

Albion Hibs
23-06-2011, 07:51 PM
That's quite a sad outlook but you're entitled to it I suppose....

Quite a sad outlook is a bit of an understatement.

I know for a fact if someone offered me 3, 4, 5 times my wage I would be there. Not because I am not loyal to my employer, but I am more loyal to my family.

I think you will find any of those criticising players for moving for money would do exactly that if offered the chance themselves.

R'Albin
23-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Kevin Thomson made some poor judgement errors at the time of his exit from Hibs. No doubt errors he now, somewhat more mature, regrets. The manner of his transfer to Rangers will rightly leave a bitter taste in many a Hibby mouth, as will his decision to allow the snake Jackson to ghost his tabloid column, but on balance he was a young man, and one who had only really known the cossetted life of a footballer. He moved to improve his financial circumstances and of course to swell his honours cabinet and while it truly galls me that the OF have cherrypicked their rivals talent, sadly that's the way it is these days (hopefully I will see the day when the balance is redressed but its a fair way off yet). Money talks and in the SPL it shouts the loudest at the grimy end of the M8.

What's to say in the intervening time period, he has matured, perhaps even augmented his educational standards and allowed himself a period of contemplation, these recent comments being an example of this.

The guy is a human being, he hasn't killed anyone or come even close to emulating his perditious namesake from Bonnyrigg, and as it goes a pretty decent footballer who people find good company; so while I found his antics a bit reprehensible at the time It doesn't make him a bad man for ever.

Would I want him back? If available, then aye. On a professional basis in the role of a competent, talented midfielder, why not? Its no as if we have a glut of KTs waiting in the wings is it?

:top marks

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 08:04 PM
You're starting to get it now!

Wow. What a tolerant soul you are. :not worth

Stuarty27
23-06-2011, 08:05 PM
The day Kevin Thomson pulls on a green jersey again is the day I never set foot in easter road again,

Despise that human being

iwasthere1972
23-06-2011, 08:06 PM
An easy one for me.

Yes.

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 08:08 PM
The day Kevin Thomson pulls on a green jersey again is the day I never set foot in easter road again,

Despise that human being

You would let 1 player get between you and supporting the other 10 players on the field?

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 08:09 PM

Indeed he is a human being and we all make mistakes however keeping things in context of football what he did in that context is everything I hate about pro footballers, indeed he hasnt killed anyone but in the context of football he acted imo disgracefully so in that context I never want to see him play for Hibs ever again.

Stuarty27
23-06-2011, 08:09 PM
You would let 1 player get between you and supporting the other 10 players on the field?

Maybe a slight over reaction lol...

However you have no idea how much I hate that guy

hibsbollah
23-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Quite a sad outlook is a bit of an understatement.

I know for a fact if someone offered me 3, 4, 5 times my wage I would be there. Not because I am not loyal to my employer, but I am more loyal to my family.

I think you will find any of those criticising players for moving for money would do exactly that if offered the chance themselves.

Its nothing to do with the money on offer, it has everything to do with the manner of his leaving.

Personally im baffled that such a sizeable majority of hibbys would welcome him back. I'm not going to get into labelling such people who disagree with me 'sad' though.

tamsonsbairn
23-06-2011, 08:14 PM
:top marks

The way some of you guys voted no disgusts me, the above post should be read a couple of times over. The laddie had no choice but to ask for a transfer, the way Collins treated him was unacceptable. Have we forgot the turmoil he caused, players revolting and demanding to talk to the chairman behind his back,seems Tommo wasn't the only Hibs player he upset.

Hibee Daz
23-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes

Our midfield lacks a player who can put his foot on the ball and pass it with a bit of finesse. We don't have a single player on our books who you could say fits this bill!

But lets get real it aint gonnae happen, so theres nae point in folk gettin their kegs in twist.

Greentinted
23-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Indeed he is a human being and we all make mistakes however keeping things in context of football what he did in that context is everything I hate about pro footballers, indeed he hasnt killed anyone but in the context of football he acted imo disgracefully so in that context I never want to see him play for Hibs ever again.

Fair play. It's all about opinions.

For my part though, the context of football is in it's place. There is a line between supporting a football team and thinking it is more than what it is. I see it as a passionate form of show business and Kevin Thomson, within this context, has landed the role, through his own actions, as the villain of the piece. All forms of drama require conflict and this is a scenario where we can safely 'hate' somebody.

Maybe it's me but while I found his actions at the time, ill-advised and frankly stupid but hardly up there with the evils of human history. It was what it was within its own context so I'm no going to detest a guy (who I don't know personally) infinitely over a daft game of fitba.

Each to their own though.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Its nothing to do with the money on offer, it has everything to do with the manner of his leaving.

Personally im baffled that such a sizeable majority of hibbys would welcome him back. I'm not going to get into labelling such people who disagree with me 'sad' though.

Spot on :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2011, 08:24 PM
The way some of you guys voted no disgusts me, the above post should be read a couple of times over. The laddie had no choice but to ask for a transfer, the way Collins treated him was unacceptable. Have we forgot the turmoil he caused, players revolting and demanding to talk to the chairman behind his back,seems Tommo wasn't the only Hibs player he upset.

Aye big bad JC wanted the players to train twice a day, cut out bevvying and be athletes.......

What a big bad man JC is......:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Fair play. It's all about opinions.

For my part though, the context of football is in it's place. There is a line between supporting a football team and thinking it is more than what it is. I see it as a passionate form of show business and Kevin Thomson, within this context, has landed the role, through his own actions, as the villain of the piece. All forms of drama require conflict and this is a scenario where we can safely 'hate' somebody.

Maybe it's me but while I found his actions at the time, ill-advised and frankly stupid but hardly up there with the evils of human history. It was what it was within its own context so I'm no going to detest a guy (who I don't know personally) infinitely over a daft game of fitba.

Each to their own though.

They are not up there with evils in human history as you say but in context of football it was shocking state of affairs imo. So in that context for me he is not fit to wear the Hibs shirt.

marinello59
23-06-2011, 08:28 PM
They are not up there with evils in human history as you say but in context of football it was shocking state of affairs imo. So in that context for me he is not fit to wear the Hibs shirt.

Compared to what?

Albion Hibs
23-06-2011, 08:31 PM

Maybe some people can get over things that happened 4 years ago! He acted stupidly, or like someone that was a bit unwise or wet behind the ears.

Fact of the matter is if he pulled on a hibs jersey again, and I dont think there is any chance he will, he would have a positive impact on Hibs and that is all I am bothered about. If people would rather have the poor equivielent because they are STILL in the cream puff about a few newspaper articles the so be it....but my view is get over it.

As for people never set in easter road again, I am sure if he had the team playing well, which I think he could, then there would no doubt be some there to replace you in your empty seat.

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Compared to what?

Compared to players going about their business in private, players not allowing their agent to come away with such belters as "I believe the lads will stay and I will give my fee to the Edinburgh sick kids hospital if they stay", paraphrasing but that is what he said knowing full and well they were not staying. Disrupting the club I support while at a key part in its progression for 100% his own ends with no thought to the effect on the team. We have sold lots of players before and since without protracted nonsesnse in the press, IMO a shocking way to go about business with the club that made you.

marinello59
23-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Players going about their business in private, players not aloowing their agent to come away with such belters as I believe the lads will stay and I will give me fee to the Edinburgh sick kids hospital, paraphrasing but that is what he said knowing full and well they were not staying. Disrupting the club I support while at a key part in its progression for 100% his own ends with no thought to the effect on the team. We have sold lots of players before and since without protracted nonsesnse in the press IMO a shocking way to go about business with the club that made you.

Would you be happy to take Scott Brown back then given that he handed in a transfer request straight after a defeat?

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Would you be happy to take Scott Brown back then given that he handed in a transfer request straight after a defeat?

He imo is as bad. So no.

marinello59
23-06-2011, 08:37 PM
He imo is as bad. So no.

Fair enough. I'd take them both back. I just don't hold long term grudges.

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Fair enough. I'd take them both back. I just don't hold long term grudges.

It is not a grudge, I did not like the way they dragged the club into papers and discussing how badly paid they were. It was all in bad taste and I think KT imo is not deserving of our shirt.

Hibee Daz
23-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I agree with the folk who voted NO, that he acted like a (see you next tuesday), but I want whats best for Hibs and having midfielder of his calibre would help bolster a threadbare squad!

Anyhoo, as I previously metioned I think there is little chance of him returning.

But hypothetically speaking how many folk on here think that we could attract a player with equal or better footballing ability than that of Katie?

Personally I don't think we could, that is why I voted yes for his return as a slim chance of getting a player that good is better than no chance at all IMO.

Niffy
23-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Knew I had this somewhere...

http://www.scotscoot.com/2011/kt.jpg

sleeping giant
23-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes ! Yes i would !

steakbake
23-06-2011, 09:50 PM
A fit KT, yes. Absolutely. But I'd definitely pay him buttons.

sleeping giant
23-06-2011, 09:54 PM
A fit KT, yes. Absolutely. But I'd definitely pay him buttons.

:tee hee:

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 10:06 PM

If you hate pro footballers then are you suggesting we plunder the amateur leagues? :wink:

It's OK for the fans to be passionate about the club, etc. but why purposefully hobble ourselves by creating some sort of blacklist of players not welcome, even if they could do a job for us? Beggars cannot be choosers.

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Maybe a slight over reaction lol...

However you have no idea how much I hate that guy

I dunno, I think I'm getting an inkling. :)

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 10:22 PM
If you hate pro footballers then are you suggesting we plunder the amateur leagues? :wink:

It's OK for the fans to be passionate about the club, etc. but why purposefully hobble ourselves by creating some sort of blacklist of players not welcome, even if they could do a job for us? Beggars cannot be choosers.

It is my blacklist the club can do what they like, I said it was something I hated in pro football but not all pro footballers act in that manner.

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 10:32 PM
It is my blacklist the club can do what they like, I said it was something I hated in pro football but not all pro footballers act in that manner.

True but I don't think a club of Hibs stature can afford to be quite as choosy.

moggie
23-06-2011, 10:34 PM
i would take KT back in a minute, as for Brown, hes an arrogant twatt, i was in his company once after he left hibs and he had nothing good to say about our club and said he owed hibs nothing. erse of a man.

iwasthere1972
23-06-2011, 10:34 PM

Aw go on you know you want to.

fat freddy
23-06-2011, 10:36 PM
it's a no brainer...why wouldn't you want a quality player playing for the club?...the question should be...why would he want to come back given the abuse he gets from a section of the fans?

Judas Iscariot
23-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Spot on :top marks

Exactly BF..

I dont blame any guy trying to make the best living they can but to tear the club that I love to shreds in the media and be continually disrespectful, especially after being lucky enough to captain my club, annoyed and disgusted me..

He should never be made welcome at ER ever again..

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Just a thought would anyone be happy taking a player of the likes of Marlon King whom may improve the team? And please I am not comparing somebody greeting about a transfer in the papers as an equal offence as to what Mr King has been alleged to have commited I am just asking if somebody had done something you disagreed with strongly would you be happy to have them play?

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Just a thought would anyone be happy taking a player of the likes of Marlon King whom may improve the team? And please I am not comparing somebody greeting about a transfer in the papers as an equal offence as to what Mr King has been alleged to have commited I am just asking if somebody had done something you disagreed with strongly would you be happy to have them play?

Now you're muddying the waters by introducing someone else with a different set of issues. I think you should start a new thread. :wink:

EDIT : Michael Vick was accepted back. Not by everyone but it could be argued that what he did was far, far worse than words in a newspaper.

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Now you're muddying the waters by introducing someone else with a different set of issues. I think you should start a new thread. :wink:

EDIT : Michael Vick was accepted back. Not by everyone but it could be argued that what he did was far, far worse than words in a newspaper.

And King is far worse however some would accept him some wouldnt, again in a football context KT did not do the club or fans whom helped him on his way any justice with what he did and for that reason I would be prepared to have a punt on a new player everytime rather than take him. Some people will say the exact same about guys like King.

NOLA
23-06-2011, 11:35 PM
for sure, a quality player, but i think he wants to try the premiership before returning to scotland one day

snooky
23-06-2011, 11:59 PM
I'd rather ha'e Alan O'Brien back.

cad
24-06-2011, 06:02 AM
I would take Thommo back in a second.

Beefster
24-06-2011, 06:33 AM

Is it worse to engineer a move, whilst having about 4 years left on a contract that pays you about 5 times less than you could earn elsewhere (or about 10 times less in Brown's case), or to let your contract run down whilst continually assuring everyone who will listen that you want to stay before ****ing off on a big money (for the player) move anyway?

I'd say the latter as that financially shafts the club. Yet, we welcomed Riordan and Murray (a player who received Thomson levels of abuse after his move) back without much fuss.

I'd welcome Thomson back because he's a very decent midfielder, head and shoulders above the dross that we've had to suffer in the last few years (including Miller, who I kept hearing was really, really talented), it would improve Hibs no end and Katie was a young laddie when it all happened. I can't say that I'd have not acted like a fanny if someone offered me a huge pay increase, trophies and European football every season at the age of 22.

Phil MaGlass
24-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Dirty, ****my, sneaky, blue badge kissing piece of****. Couldn't possibly let him crawl back into ER.../

Oh no, sorry, that was Ian Murray.

hahaha...:greengrin

Captain Trips
24-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Is it worse to engineer a move, whilst having about 4 years left on a contract that pays you about 5 times less than you could earn elsewhere (or about 10 times less in Brown's case), or to let your contract run down whilst continually assuring everyone who will listen that you want to stay before ****ing off on a big money (for the player) move anyway?

I'd say the latter as that financially shafts the club. Yet, we welcomed Riordan and Murray (a player who received Thomson levels of abuse after his move) back without much fuss.

I'd welcome Thomson back because he's a very decent midfielder, head and shoulders above the dross that we've had to suffer in the last few years (including Miller, who I kept hearing was really, really talented), it would improve Hibs no end and Katie was a young laddie when it all happened. I can't say that I'd have not acted like a fanny if someone offered me a huge pay increase, trophies and European football every season at the age of 22.

The question is would you want. I would like to think at 22 I would have some common courtsey Beefster towards the club whom spent time on my developement and perhaps believe enough in my ability that if Rangers etc want me in November I could at least finish things off that term. He was 22 not 12 I dont think thats an excuse at all.

hibsbollah
24-06-2011, 07:50 AM

I'd welcome Thomson back because he's a very decent midfielder, head and shoulders above the dross that we've had to suffer in the last few years (including Miller, who I kept hearing was really, really talented), it would improve Hibs no end and Katie was a young laddie when it all happened. I can't say that I'd have not acted like a fanny if someone offered me a huge pay increase, trophies a

nd European football every season at the age of 22.

Again, you're confusing the leaving for more money thing (which is part and parcel of the modern game ) with the REAL reason there was more anger directed at him than Brown; the regular snidey daily record articles, which were actively designed to engineer a move and undermine the club he was captain of and a supporter of.

Captain Trips
24-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Again, you're confusing the leaving for more money thing (which is part and parcel of the modern game ) with the regular snidey daily record articles, which were actively designed to engineer a move and undermine the club he was captain of and a supporter of.

Indeed I do not question for a minute the decision being right on the basis of money and silverwear. The point is how it was all done. WE have lost loads of players whom have moved for big wages without a % of the trash that went with this move.

I would like to think players would fancy a crack in another league but did KT make a good move, yes he did. Was it handled well? Absolutley not.

green&left
24-06-2011, 08:36 AM
I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than cheer Katie on in the green and white, the disrespctful little c***!

Manxhibs
24-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Without a shaddow of doubt

Beefster
24-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Again, you're confusing the leaving for more money thing (which is part and parcel of the modern game ) with the REAL reason there was more anger directed at him than Brown; the regular snidey daily record articles, which were actively designed to engineer a move and undermine the club he was captain of and a supporter of.

Fair point but I think Thomson was taken advantage of by MacKay and Jackson, tbh. If Brown had been captain and doing the columns, I don't think they would have been that different.

Edit: I also think that the columns have taken on a life of heir own since he left. I remember one column that was pretty bad but not much beyond that. Whilst folk were annoyed at the time, it was only after Collins sold him on the last day of the window that they became 'really' bad.

Captain Trips
24-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Fair point but I think Thomson was taken advantage of by MacKay and Jackson, tbh. If Brown had been captain and doing the columns, I don't think they would have been that different.

Edit: I also think that the columns have taken on a life of heir own since he left. I remember one column that was pretty bad but not much beyond that. Whilst folk were annoyed at the time, it was only after Collins sold him on the last day of the window that they became 'really' bad.

I do not think he was taken advantage of at all, he was 22 not 15, he has friends family that could have mentioned that this was all perhaps not the way to go about business so for me he knew exactly what was going on and was party to it. Yeah I am sure in time his comments have been hyped up, however 22 is not young enough to not know what was going on.

It was very poor form to be involved in all that went on at that time and from a club captain who had recently signed a deal, you cant really in my eyes disrespect the club in that manner during season then get back to them one day when it may suit you.

marinello59
24-06-2011, 10:16 AM

That seems about right to me.

lapsedhibee
24-06-2011, 10:40 AM

I remember them as being cringeworthy week after week for several weeks. It seems now like this went on for at least five or six weeks, but as you hint it may only in reality have been three or four. Anyone confirm how many weekly columns appeared under his name? :dunno:

hibsbollah
24-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I remember them as being cringeworthy week after week for several weeks. It seems now like this went on for at least five or six weeks, but as you hint it may only in reality have been three or four. Anyone confirm how many weekly columns appeared under his name? :dunno:

Thats my memory too...every thursday a new piece would appear that was prettysimilar to the previous week for over a month at least. I cant find any links to the period so I cant say for certain how many there were or if they were all equally rude about Hibs. I do remember one in particular about his mum working all the hours that god sends and how it would make him physically sick to be hibs captain again. It was a 'i swear i'll do time' moment.

bawheid
24-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Thats my memory too...every thursday a new piece would appear that was prettysimilar to the previous week for over a month at least. I cant find any links to the period so I cant say for certain how many there were or if they were all equally rude about Hibs. I do remember one in particular about his mum working all the hours that god sends and how it would make him physically sick to be hibs captain again. It was a 'i swear i'll do time' moment.

Yep, both of these.

I remember each Thursday, Hibs.net holding its collective breath waiting for the next installment. As I recall they got progressively worse! It was getting to the stage where I was actually embarrassed for Thomson. He was being made to look like a right tw@t. Still though, he must have signed them off each week.

I've looked for them since but the Record have clearly taken them down. :greengrin

Think it was after he signed for the huns that we got all the "crawling on broken glass along the M8" type stuff.

I don't think we can write this off as the daft actions of a young laddie being manipulated by the evil Keith Jackson. Thomson was old enough to know better, and if not had people around him who surely would know better.

basehibby
24-06-2011, 01:51 PM

I remember these articles and remember being bloody annoyed about them and thinking Collins was quite right to strip him of the captaincy and did well to get £2M in for him shortly afterwards.

Still - I was even more annoyed when home grown talent such as Murray and Riordan went to the OF for the square root of sod all - that had me a lot more enraged than a load of stupid garbage written in the Daily Tw@tard ever will.

All the same I was delighted to welcome these players back to the club and I wouldn't feel much different about Thomson TBH. Good players are good players and if Hibs has such a great pull on the heartstrings of former players that they all want to come back then I have no problems if it improves the team on the park.

Bad Martini
25-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Thomson made a **** of Hibs, the fans, the team, the manager AND himself with his pish back then in the press and his spoken interviews. It was quite clear....and thats fine. But lets no forget or talk pish. He can do as he likes. As, can we.

Thomshun, **** off and ram yer hungers ***** up yer erse. :agree:

ENDOF

Ernie Cobra
25-06-2011, 06:49 AM
No thank you, not for all the tea in china. Can we move on, he left under a cloud (i would have happily seen him under a bus) his career has stalled now, so its the auld "AHVE ALWAYS LOVED hIBS STORY" BOLT THOMSON!

essexhibee
25-06-2011, 07:36 AM
In a heartbeat.

The_Exile
25-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Would take him back in a heartbeat, couldn't care less what players say about the club, it doesn't waver my support for Hibs, and to have a player on the books and in the middle of the park of his calibre knowing he's giving his all, bring it on :thumbsup:

snooky
26-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Yep, both of these.

I remember each Thursday, Hibs.net holding its collective breath waiting for the next installment. As I recall they got progressively worse! It was getting to the stage where I was actually embarrassed for Thomson. He was being made to look like a right tw@t. Still though, he must have signed them off each week.

I've looked for them since but the Record have clearly taken them down. :greengrin

Think it was after he signed for the huns that we got all the "crawling on broken glass along the M8" type stuff.

I don't think we can write this off as the daft actions of a young laddie being manipulated by the evil Keith Jackson. Thomson was old enough to know better, and if not had people around him who surely would know better.

If it had be me doing those infamous columns, my old man would have kicked my ar$e for being disrespectful.

.Sean.
27-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Funny one. I don't think I could forgive him for the manner in which he departed but he's a class act on the field.

He was badly-dvised a the time and the money most certainly turned his head The abuse he does get on here is often way OTT.

I mean c'mon, it's not as if he's been grooming 12 year old girls, is it?

Bostonhibby
27-06-2011, 04:53 PM

Oh dear!

No for me thanks, there are ways to go, and ways to go, for example the comparison between Ivan and Katie spring to mind.

Golden Bear
27-06-2011, 04:54 PM
It's pleasing to note that 7 out of 10 Hibs supporters are fair minded, recognise a class player, and would have no hang ups about welcoming him back to the ranks.

:duck:

hibsdaft
27-06-2011, 07:13 PM
couldn't care less what players say about the club

bizarre.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Presumably the initiative to incorporate education of the youngsters can be only a good thing :greengrin

hibsbollah
27-06-2011, 08:59 PM
If it had be me doing those infamous columns, my old man would have kicked my ar$e for being disrespectful.

I agree, blame the parents. Its Thomson's dad's fault.

lucky
27-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Is it not the mafia who are at fault

TheMentalHibees
28-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Murray went to Rangers, we accepted him back. Deeks went to Celtic, we accepted him back. If you ignore what he said around the time he was leaving, and think purely about the improvement he would bring to the squad, then it's a definite yes from me.

lapsedhibee
28-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Murray went to Rangers, we accepted him back. Deeks went to Celtic, we accepted him back. If you ignore what he said around the time he was leaving, and think purely about the improvement he would bring to the squad, then it's a definite yes from me.

:agree: If you completely ignore everything he's ever said or done, Katie's a decent enough guy.

Golden Bear
25-02-2013, 02:22 PM
The silent majority has spoken.

Russell The Dug
25-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Seems like the people acting like teenage girls after being dumped are in the minority then. :aok: