PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson: I've never lost my love for Hibs

YehButNoBut
23-06-2011, 11:18 AM
A good 4 page interview with KT in todays Scotsman, saying that he has never lost his love for Hibs and basically just out grew us and needed to move on to further his career.

I know he is now hated by many Hibs fans, but do you think (tin hat on here) he could be another old boy that will end up back at ER at some stage, injurys permitting.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Kevin-Thomson-I39ve-never-lost.6789956.jp?articlepage=1

Mark79
23-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Boke. Im on my lunch. Dont need to see this.

cam75
23-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Maybe looking at coming back ?

Sylar
23-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Maybe looking at coming back ?

Has he shrunk again?

Poor mite.

hibee92
23-06-2011, 11:26 AM
"We had a decent relationship to start with but as soon as me and Scottie hired a new agent (Willie McKay] it deteriorated."

i could have told you that Thomshun.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2011, 11:28 AM
The vast majority of us would've followed the dough if we were in that position.
He certainly could've gone about things in a different manner when he left, but, we got a decent whack for him. Time to let it go methinks!

Beefster
23-06-2011, 11:29 AM
The vast majority of us would've followed the dough if we were in that position.
He certainly could've gone about things in a different manner when he left, but, we got a decent whack for him. Time to let it go methinks!

Can't agree more. Ian Murray got the same abuse and now he's in his testimonial year at Hibs. Pointless holding grudges against someone who did more good for Hibs than bad.

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Can't agree more. Ian Murray got the same abuse and now he's in his testimonial year at Hibs. Pointless holding grudges against someone who did more good for Hibs than bad.

:agree:

Andy74
23-06-2011, 11:32 AM
He fails to appreciate that it wasn't moving that was the issue it was the way it was done with McKay, Jackson etc (He named his kid Jackson for heaven's sake!!)

So save it, we don't love you!

Joe
23-06-2011, 11:33 AM
That dirty hun is NOT welcome at Hibs ever!!

People leave Hibs and go on to bigger clubs, fine with me thats just a fact of life. A football players career is short and can be ended by a clumsy tackle or simply bad luck. Plenty of people have left Hibs and I have a world of time for them, Whittaker, Brown etc but none of them threw hissy fits demanding to go and then professed their ever lasting love of Rangers, that isn't right.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Got no problem with any player moving on to better things but to sign for any of the ugly sisters has always been the mortal sin for me, he made the wrong choice of course (as many of them do) and is now languishing at a club he surely does not want to be at, got no sympathy for him and he has obviously been reading what's been happening here lately and it's pretty obvious he wants to come home, would I welcome him back?, well I gave him big pelters when he was with the huns on here and I honestly think he is far too injury prone to take a chance on...sorry Katie! xx

Beefster
23-06-2011, 11:36 AM

People leave Hibs and go on to bigger clubs, fine with me thats just a fact of life. A football players career is short and can be ended by a clumsy tackle or simply bad luck. Plenty of people have left Hibs and I have a world of time for them, Whittaker, Brown etc but none of them threw hissy fits demanding to go and then professed their ever lasting love of Rangers, that isn't right.

Aye, pulling a transfer request out of your sock immediately after a game and then only settling down when you were promised your move in the summer is the way to behave.

I've never understood why Thomson is vilified yet Brown is still feted by some on here.

Unless you mean Simon Brown...

flash
23-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Have you actually read the article? it's honest and interesting too. The fact is, as KT admits, both he and Collins acted like bairns and Hibs were the losers.

3pm
He was my favourite player of that group.

blackpoolhibs
He fails to appreciate that it wasn't moving that was the issue it was the way it was done with McKay, Jackson etc (He named his kid Jackson for heaven's sake!!)

:agree: Walk over hot coals, ma mamy has a joab. GTF ya trumpet.

Danderhall Hibs
23-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I've never understood why Thomson is vilified yet Brown is still feted by some on here.

I think it was the Daily Record articles that he allowed Keith Jackson to write.

EskbankHibby
23-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Agree with this and i think most of us have let go, that is until we get reminders like this self serving article which is as unnecessary as it is cringeworthy.

Basically "i love Hibs but i left for more money", no worries Kev if you had said that at the time we would have all understood, we would have been diappointed but we would have understood. All the other crap is what took him down in my estimation.

Good player though who has done superbly following a couple of serious injuries, i bear him no grudges.

IWasThere2016
23-06-2011, 11:40 AM

:agree: And is still and always will be one of us! GGTTH

bawheid
23-06-2011, 11:45 AM

:agree: Walk over hot coals, ma mamy has a joab. GTF ya trumpet.

Worst Hibs captain ever. FACT. :wink:

:agree: And is still and always will be one of us! GGTTH

Speak for yourself TQM. No Hibs supporter would treat the club with the contempt and disrespect that Kevin Thomson did.

Albion Hibs
23-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I think it is down to the indivudual if they can forgive or get over it. Personally it does not bother me in the slighest, at the time maybe, but now not at all.

He was a very good player for us, contributed to a lot of memorable games, and got us a few quid in the bank as well. His misguided judgements at the time come down to him being a silly boy and his agent being a think wŁnk.

I dont think this means anything in terms of him coming back, it was an article of the Edinburgh Evening News so there is only one thing he can really talk about. Would I take him back...yes.

Hibs Class
23-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Have you actually read the article? it's honest and interesting too. The fact is, as KT admits, both he and Collins acted like bairns and Hibs were the losers.

I agree it's an interesting article, and may well be generally honest. However whilst it might be what KT thinks of Collins I'm sure JC will have a quite different perspective. KT is right that he acted badly - JC's response as manager may well have been appropriate and one which he would do again if in the same situation. I reckon KT is trying to share the blame for his own conduct and I don't entirely buy it.

flash
23-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I agree it's an interesting article, and may well be generally honest. However whilst it might be what KT thinks of Collins I'm sure JC will have a quite different perspective. KT is right that he acted badly - JC's response as manager may well have been appropriate and one which he would do again if in the same situation. I reckon KT is trying to share the blame for his own conduct and I don't entirely buy it.

It's all about opinion and we can never be totally sure what happened. Having said that i think Collins could start a fight in an empty room. He also shafted Hibs when he left as well if memory serves.

Niffy
23-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Kevin C*** Thomson , perfectly described by the BBC on their SPL site a few years back.

green leaves
23-06-2011, 11:56 AM
wonder if he's been told he might be getting punted due to his injuries and he's trying to worm his way back in?

hibb1
23-06-2011, 11:58 AM
He was my favourite player of that group.

:agree: Mine too...Think thats why so many people despised him after he moved the way he did it felt like he stabbed us in the back..
Ive met him a cpla times since he left us and he has had nothing but good things to say about us and seems a good lad i wish him all the best and hope he can stay injury free...I hope to see him back at Hibs in the future:flag:

The Sea-gull
23-06-2011, 11:59 AM

Didn't really??? Did he??????? Jackson Thomson?

Will be even worse if Jackson is a girl!!!!!!!!

The Sea-gull
23-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Didn't really??? Did he??????? Jackson Thomson?

Will be even worse if Jackson is a girl!!!!!!!!

My bad - just read it in the article. Maybe he is a big fan of Michael Jackson.....

KeithTheHibby
23-06-2011, 12:01 PM
He was a young guy who had his head filled with nonsense from the likes of McKay and Jackson.

Has anyone ever thought the club should have done more when it came to the weekly column he had in the DR? I am quite sure as his employers that they could have stopped this instantly however the club never.

cammy1969
23-06-2011, 12:07 PM
if you take the time to read the artical i think the boy is fair in what he says and admits he was wrong at times and comes across as am ok guy

Golden Bear
23-06-2011, 12:26 PM
We must have some absolutely perfect model citizens on Hibs Net who have never made a mistake in their lives or even said things which they later may have had cause to regret.

If only.

:rolleyes:

HibeeMG
23-06-2011, 12:32 PM
You may not have lost your love for Hibs, Kevin, but a large section of the Hibs support lost their love for you.

That said, it takes a good person to come out and admit they made mistakes. I don't necessarily think he should be trying to qualify those mistakes by pointing out someone elses (JC) though.

lapsedhibee
23-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't necessarily think he should be trying to qualify those mistakes by pointing out someone elses (JC) though.

A habit he probably formed at the OF. "However bad we are the other lot are worse."

Walk over hot coals, ma mamy has a joab. GTF ya trumpet.

Worst Hibs captain ever. FACT.

These.

stokesmessiah
23-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Out of interest - If this was the first step in wangling a move back to Hibs, how many people would (and by this i mean forgetting all the history) would like him in our midfield ????

col02
23-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Some people seriously need to dry their eyes and stop being so bitter about this whole thing! Yes he engineered a move in a way that was not the best but he did bring in a sizeable transfer fee to Hibs that has gone a long way to aid development of the infrastructure of the club. The irony is that players like Murray and Riordan ran down their contracts in the past so Hibs would receive nothing yet they are idolised by some. There is no consistancy in some peoples logic and all this hatred pish is what I would expect from primary school children not fully grown adults. It's a game of football ffs and more and more it is run like a business nowadays. Hibs made some money and so did the player, move on and let it lie!

IWasThere2016
23-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Speak for yourself TQM. No Hibs supporter would treat the club with the contempt and disrespect that Kevin Thomson did.

I do.

But have you never said/done something you wish you hadn't?

Were the words always KT's? I have no doubt he was para-phrased, quoted out of context etc .. by the Record.

Have you trusted every word ever printed in the Daily Record?!?

Hibs90
23-06-2011, 01:25 PM
"What we had at Hibs was never going to last forever. Players outgrow clubs all the time - Christophe Berra and Craig Gordon outgrew Hearts, Alan Hutton outgrew Rangers. For any player at Hibs or Hearts, their goal should be to go to the Old Firm or to England and, likewise, when you've had a shot at the Old Firm, you then think about going down south. If you've no desire to go from Hibs to a bigger club and then another bigger club, what's the point of playing football?

What a wee tosser. :agree:

O'Brien[11]
23-06-2011, 01:28 PM
When garry o'connor came back he was in the paper, I couldn't help think he was trying to sweeten things up after a move back, and now after seeing this I reckon katie wants to get his 'career back on track' at the hibees!

JimBHibees
23-06-2011, 01:32 PM
It's all about opinion and we can never be totally sure what happened. Having said that i think Collins could start a fight in an empty room. He also shafted Hibs when he left as well if memory serves.

Dont think that is right at all, pretty sure he signed a contract so that Hibs could get money out of it rather than let his contract run down.

surreyhibbie
23-06-2011, 01:32 PM
The point is, would he be a good player for us and help put a winning team on the park, which is what we all want.

If he helped us finish higher up in the league and do well in the cups, fine. Don't care what he did before.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-06-2011, 01:34 PM
What a wee tosser. :agree:

Absolutely correct...

stokesmessiah
23-06-2011, 01:35 PM
The point is, would he be a good player for us and help put a winning team on the park, which is what we all want.

If he helped us finish higher up in the league and do well in the cups, fine. Don't care what he did before.

I would rather be successful than precious !!

persevere1875
23-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Personally Id have him back, might have made mistakes and said things he shouldnt have had but JC wasnt exactlly blameless in all of this and he's not the first player to question JC's dealings with certain situations, no smoke without fire and all that.

His agent is undoubtably a div of the highest order and I dont suppose he spent to long giving him any advice that wasnt going to benefit his own pocket.

That said, anyone who really believes that Hibs should be the be all and end all of a pro's career is sadly deluded, they have a short career and there here to make money just like the rest of us.

Saorsa
23-06-2011, 01:52 PM
He was my favourite player of that group.Mine too, he was a great player. Could really be doing with a player like him in our midfield IMO.

Would I welcome him back? :hmmm: No sure TBH. At one time it would have been a definite no but time has passed, I'm less annoyed. TBH he's never really crossed my mind in a long time, particularly since he left the huns. I suppose a lot would depend on how he performed if he came back

dirtydirk
23-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Some people seriously need to dry their eyes and stop being so bitter about this whole thing! Yes he engineered a move in a way that was not the best but he did bring in a sizeable transfer fee to Hibs that has gone a long way to aid development of the infrastructure of the club. The irony is that players like Murray and Riordan ran down their contracts in the past so Hibs would receive nothing yet they are idolised by some. There is no consistancy in some peoples logic and all this hatred pish is what I would expect from primary school children not fully grown adults. It's a game of football ffs and more and more it is run like a business nowadays. Hibs made some money and so did the player, move on and let it lie!

I think the gripe is the fact he made out to the press that he was poor and all this stuff about how his mums a cleaner etc etc, when at the time he was on Ł1500 a week.
Its pretty disrespectful when the majority of fans that work hard to buy season tickets etc probably dont earn a 3rd of that. I wouldnt welcome him at easter road.

Hibiza
23-06-2011, 02:30 PM
neither wonder, we carried you through many dark days and you jumped ship as soon as you could. crocodile tears kev.

Golden Bear
23-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I think the gripe is the fact he made out to the press that he was poor and all this stuff about how his mums a cleaner etc etc, when at the time he was on Ł1500 a week.
Its pretty disrespectful when the majority of fans that work hard to buy season tickets etc probably dont earn a 3rd of that. I wouldnt welcome him at easter road.

Press talk if ever there was.

I know for (yes a fact), that 90% of the crap that appeared in the Kevin Thomson column was not written by the guy himself.

He's older and wiser now and I bet that given the same circumstances he would not make the same mistakes again.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 02:42 PM

I know for (yes a fact), that 90% of the crap that appeared in the Kevin Thomson column was not written by the guy himself.

He's older and wiser now and I bet that given the same circumstances he would not make the same mistakes again.

He would get to read anything the press were printing before it went to print, and he could have at any time since printed an apology.

Lets be honest here, if he came back nobody would mind if he played as well as we all know he can. Although there's a doubt that will ever happen again.

oldbutdim
23-06-2011, 02:47 PM

That's not true actually.
None of it was written by Katie. It was put together after conversations with Jackshun, sometimes a five minute telephone call. The resulting article was sometimes unrecognisable to Katie.

Golden Bear
23-06-2011, 02:49 PM
]He would get to read anything the press were printing before it went to print[/I], and he could have at any time since printed an apology.

Lets be honest here, if he came back nobody would mind if he played as well as we all know he can. Although there's a doubt that will ever happen again.

Therein lies the mistake he made and although he was just a kid at the time, he should have been strong enough to ensure that anything he didn't like was edited from the articles.

And reading between the lines, although KT has not made a direct apology he has hinted on more than a few occasions that he has regrets the way his transfer was "engineered."

Golden Bear
23-06-2011, 02:52 PM
That's not true actually.
None of it was written by Katie. It was put together after conversations with Jackshun, sometimes a five minute telephone call. The resulting article was sometimes unrecognisable to Katie.

OK - 90% of the content was crap!

'Tis what I meant.

heretoday
23-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Come back Thomson. We need all the help we can get!

Hibiza
23-06-2011, 02:55 PM
the only thing that " naive kid" engineered was his bank account. gtf kt.

Pretty Boy
23-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Thomson said and did a few stupid things when he left here no doubt.

However folk need to remember that a big part of signing for the OF involves the 'massive club', 'dream come true', 'big step up' etc pish that the fans of those clubs want to hear and read. Thomson was naive if he believed some of the nonsense that he pulled with Mackay and Jackson wasn't going to result in a backlash from Hibs fans.

At the same time he is right when he says in the article that young players at Hibs should be looking for a move, of course they should. I would much rather have a team of players with ambitions to play in the Champions League, Europa League, Premier League and Championship than a group of journeymen who view a top 6 finish as 'success'. Of course when they choose the OF it hurts but surely people can understand a desire to multiply your weekly wage by 5 or 10 times whilst being as good as guaranteed European football and a few medals.

Thomson said a few stupid things but i think he has shown he is aware of this and IF he wants to come back i'd take him in a minute, this squad needs all the quality it can get and KT is a top quality player.

Dashing Bob S
23-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I liked KT as a player and have been in his company on a few occasions, and thought he was a nice chap. I think he's been very naive and also guilty of playing to the (Hun/DR) gallery, feeling he had to try harder because of his Hibs roots. Badly advised by bigoted ponces who shouldn't be in the game at any level - no names, we know who they are.

That said, the saddest thing for me reading that article is that this is a player who should be at his peak and a fixture in the national side. It reads like an old retired crust spinning a tale of his playing days "I played in...blah blah blah..."

Sadly if KT came back to Hibs it would as maintenance man - there's a treatment table that could use a new coat of varnish.

Dr Jimmy
23-06-2011, 03:25 PM
His column in the Record was always annoying, although many people said at the time he got Jackson to do it for him.

The strange thing for me in this article is that KT has named his kid Jackson.

I wonder............:whistle:

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2011, 03:32 PM
GTF Katie....

You have never lost your love for Hibs, funny how you would walk over hot coals or broken glass to go to Rangers, you odious little man................

Kaiser1962
23-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I do.

Were the words always KT's? I have no doubt he was para-phrased, quoted out of context etc .. by the Record.

He says he never made the walking over broken glass/hot coals comment and freely admits that he didnt get along with JC. JC can do that to people :greengrin

His family are Hibby's and so is he. The name Jackson is a family name and nothing to do with Keith Jackson.

skipster7
23-06-2011, 04:57 PM
KT was a very good player with us and i was as pissed of as anyone the way he left but more than that the way he would throw himself into dangerous challenges at der hun despite having had serious knee injuries himself just defied belief and confirmed that he was a tosspott :bitchy:

RIP
23-06-2011, 05:02 PM
He was a bairn who had his heid turned by a money-grabbing agent

A few grumps on an internet forum are not representative of the wider support

They move on - forum fans prefer to wallow

Dunbar Hibee
23-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Katie Thomson can ****in ram it. Slimey wee bawbag.

3pm
23-06-2011, 05:07 PM
He's not coming back. He just loves to talk to the papers - I am actually surprised he doesn't start his own paper so he can interview himself every day.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance that he appears to have down to a fine art. Anybody who says they wouldn't take him back is taking the piss with some of the sheight we've had to watch. He said a few things he shouldn't have, so what?
Look over at Tynecastle if you want examples of real guilt.

snooky
23-06-2011, 05:15 PM

That being the case he must have endorsed it. If not, then he should have told the DR to shove their column and apologised via other media.
I don't mind players leaving for the dosh - even to the OF - but there's a respectful way to do it (a-la Whittaker, Murph, Ivan).

Sorry KT, you had many opportunities before this to correct the wrongs. :bye:

degenerated
23-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I do.

on that basis, how do we know that what is in this article is what he said and hasn't been para-phrased :dunno:

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 06:42 PM
My interests are purely in Hibs and doing well, if I remember rightly we were going ptryy well in SPL and had a few key games coming up JC wasnt long into job and learning his trade.

KT and Brown then went about getting out of Hibs in a very poor manner that IMO disrespected Hibs abd the season we were building, aye he was young aye we make mistakes but they made mistakes and then made more as the days and weeks dragged on.

As far as I am concerened they showed terrible respect for you and I in those last weeks certainly as far as KT is concerened. No matter how good he is/was this is a player I feel doesnt deserve the Hibs support and on that basis I never wish to see him play for Hibs again.

On articles in paper etc, no matter who wrote it his name is on it so therefore it is him, whatever his agent said was on his behalf so therefore that was him. If he felt anything was not right or acurate in agents views or paper he had every chance to say so.

I have moved on maybe it is time he does too.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-06-2011, 06:59 PM
I saw him in Marks and spencers at straiton a few weeks ago....never spoke to the little scroat though....he's certainly put the beef on

marinello59
23-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I saw him in Marks and spencers at straiton a few weeks ago....never spoke to the little scroat though....he's certainly put the beef on

Those M and S meal deals are deadly. :agree:

Captain Trips
23-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Those M and S meal deals are deadly. :agree:

Maybe somebody should remind him they are for 2.

Reaper
23-06-2011, 07:18 PM
My interests are purely in Hibs and doing well, if I remember rightly we were going ptryy well in SPL and had a few key games coming up JC wasnt long into job and learning his trade.

KT and Brown then went about getting out of Hibs in a very poor manner that IMO disrespected Hibs abd the season we were building, aye he was young aye we make mistakes but they made mistakes and then made more as the days and weeks dragged on.

As far as I am concerened they showed terrible respect for you and I in those last weeks certainly as far as KT is concerened. No matter how good he is/was this is a player I feel doesnt deserve the Hibs support and on that basis I never wish to see him play for Hibs again.

On articles in paper etc, no matter who wrote it his name is on it so therefore it is him, whatever his agent said was on his behalf so therefore that was him. If he felt anything was not right or acurate in agents views or paper he had every chance to say so.

:top marks

Slicer
23-06-2011, 11:47 PM
I still can't believe a lifelong Hibs fan, who had become captain moved when we were in the semi against St. Johnstone, with Falkirk and Killie in the other. We were going great guns in the Scottish as well. We can only dream of being in that position. Regardless of what he may or may not have said I still find it hard to forgive him.

snooky
23-06-2011, 11:50 PM

As far as I am concerened they showed terrible respect for you and I in those last weeks certainly as far as KT is concerened. No matter how good he is/was this is a player I feel doesnt deserve the Hibs support and on that basis I never wish to see him play for Hibs again.On articles in paper etc, no matter who wrote it his name is on it so therefore it is him, whatever his agent said was on his behalf so therefore that was him. If he felt anything was not right or acurate in agents views or paper he had every chance to say so.

My thoughts exactly, Carlsberg. :top marks

KT = nest pooper.

KWJ
24-06-2011, 12:16 AM
The quote there gets to me the most is this

If you've no desire to go from Hibs to a bigger club and then another bigger club, what's the point of playing football?

Perhaps to become a hero at Hibs, to roll of the tongue alongside the Reilly's, Smith's, Turnbull's, Stanton's, Duncan's & Keith Keith Keith's? If you think there's no point in playing football because you only want to play for Hibs then you don't share the affinity for the club that so many of us fans do.

I did get a laugh at
. I'm pretty sure we'd have that dirty side if we were all reunited now.

From what I remember KT, you already had a fair dirty streak in you which was then enhanced at Rangers. Tackle on the St.Mirren boy in the cup final was a shocker and there have been many more.

There is only one game where I remember KT being the stand out MOTM and that was the unbeatables game where he was sensational. Brown would have been a bigger loss to us IMO.

Beefster
24-06-2011, 04:50 AM

We won the CIS that season and our form didn't really nose-dive until after the cup win so I don't think you can pin it all on Brown and Thomson.

TornadoHibby
24-06-2011, 07:20 AM

:top marks :agree:

Duffys13
24-06-2011, 07:47 AM
I always remember his first game back at ER after he left. Rangers scored and he made a point of kissing the badge in front of the East. Summed him up for me, he acted like a complete pr8ck at the time of that transfer. I'm not sure I agree with him in that article when he talks about Collins and Brown. Collins can't have treated Brown that bad, I seem to remember him being allowed to lift the CIS cup at the same time as Jones who was captain.

Captain Trips
24-06-2011, 07:51 AM
We won the CIS that season and our form didn't really nose-dive until after the cup win so I don't think you can pin it all on Brown and Thomson.

In spite of IMO, what could have been acheived then if the players had both acted with more respect?

HibeeDaz6270
24-06-2011, 08:06 AM
The quote there gets to me the most is this

Perhaps to become a hero at Hibs, to roll of the tongue alongside the Reilly's, Smith's, Turnbull's, Stanton's, Duncan's & Keith Keith Keith's? If you think there's no point in playing football because you only want to play for Hibs then you don't share the affinity for the club that so many of us fans do.

I did get a laugh at

From what I remember KT, you already had a fair dirty streak in you which was then enhanced at Rangers. Tackle on the St.Mirren boy in the cup final was a shocker and there have been many more.

There is only one game where I remember KT being the stand out MOTM and that was the unbeatables game where he was sensational. Brown would have been a bigger loss to us IMO.
Absolute rubbish. I can only imagine this post is coming from someone who has never played football at a decent level. I can assure you anyone who has played football at high level would realise the above is absolute nonsense for a professional footballer. Especially one with ability, and attracting interest from other clubs. Its a career, a job and the love for football has to come before the love for Hibs. I dont condone the way Kevin Thomson went about his business but if you are playing the game you aspire to play at the highest level possible, and unfortunately Hibs are not that level.

You can not compare yourself to a professional footballer. None of us can. We only see Hibs, but when your a professional footballer, You see Hibs as what they are in football terms. A stepping stone to bigger things.

And nothing wrong with that at all. There is however a way to do things, in which Thomson probably failed. But lets get over it.

bawheid
24-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Don't think many folk are griping about Thomson or Brown wanting to move on to a "bigger" club. It's the way they went about it that was all wrong.

I don't care if Keith Jackson wrote the columns; they had Kevin Thomson's name at the top of them. The Hibernian captain, openly humiliating Hibernian FC in a Glaswegian paper. Unforgivable.

No, I wouldn't have him back.

Captain Trips
24-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Don't think many folk are griping about Thomson or Brown wanting to move on to a "bigger" club. It's the way they went about it that was all wrong.

I don't care if Keith Jackson wrote the columns; they had Kevin Thomson's name at the top of them. The Hibernian captain, openly humiliating Hibernian FC in a Glaswegian paper. Unforgivable.

No, I wouldn't have him back.

If KT whom is a good player is ever going to be coming to Hibs it will purly imo be that he needs Hibs first and foremost for whatever reason, when we needed him he let the club down not just once but several times over a period of weeks.

You never know what will happen in the game so maybe the younger players might learn to treat your club and support with respect as you never know you just might need one of your old clubs again when things are tough, Garry Oc is an example of him probably needing Hibs right now at this time to help him get on track on the park. Garry left us on good terms and now needs Hibs to help him get back to his best, no problem with that.

KT should never be extended such courtesy IMO he disrespected The club, the honour of captaincy and the support. Hopefully our current crop of youngsters go about transfers in right manner so if it goes wrong they havent treated last clubs like p1sh.

basehibby
24-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Aye, pulling a transfer request out of your sock immediately after a game and then only settling down when you were promised your move in the summer is the way to behave.

Unless you mean Simon Brown...

:agree: I don't believe in vilifying players who walk away in the same way as many fans do - OK, give them pelters when they play at ER with a rival, but there's little call for carrying on like they burgled yer hoose and ****ged yer mrs or something - which is precisely the lynchmob mentality Thomson and Murray before him have been treated with.
As you point out, Brown behaved in every bit as cynical and manipulative fashion as Thomson yet gets touted as a legend on here by some while Thomson is roundly disparaged. Thomsons's main sin IMO was in trying to explain himself to the press and ending up sounding like more of a w***er than he would of if he'd just kept his gob shut - the later seems to be Brown's natural inclination which has kept him out of trouble.

The truth is that both Brown and Thomson, somewhat understandably really, went chasing the massive wages on offer at the OF - it would surprise me greatly if both of them did not still feel an affection for the club they made their names at, but like most pro footballers the main priority is looking after number 1.

As for having Thomson back at ER - with THAT injury record I'd only rate it a good idea if most of his wages were based around appearances. That being the case I wouldn't have a problem as I reckon he'd improve the team.

Captain Trips
24-06-2011, 11:32 AM
:agree: I don't believe in vilifying players who walk away in the same way as many fans do - OK, give them pelters when they play at ER with a rival, but there's little call for carrying on like they burgled yer hoose and ****ged yer mrs or something - which is precisely the lynchmob mentality Thomson and Murray before him have been treated with.
As you point out, Brown behaved in every bit as cynical and manipulative fashion as Thomson yet gets touted as a legend on here by some while Thomson is roundly disparaged. Thomsons's main sin IMO was in trying to explain himself to the press and ending up sounding like more of a w***er than he would of if he'd just kept his gob shut - the later seems to be Brown's natural inclination which has kept him out of trouble.

The truth is that both Brown and Thomson, somewhat understandably really, went chasing the massive wages on offer at the OF - it would surprise me greatly if both of them did not still feel an affection for the club they made their names at, but like most pro footballers the main priority is looking after number 1.

As for having Thomson back at ER - with THAT injury record I'd only rate it a good idea if most of his wages were based around appearances. That being the case I wouldn't have a problem as I reckon he'd improve the team.

The comparisons you make to ****ging yer maw etc do not stack up in my mind anyways, of course those things are worse but again football context he acted badly. I could go into work and openly moan about wages moan about manager etc etc and then move on, probaly would not get a job their again or I would expect it to be more difficult too, ok I have not commited any major crime but in work context my actions were not proffessional so I rightly will struggle to get job in same place.

Of course football is different so when a player really in my eyes disrespects the club, manager and mostly the support I feel that has to be end of it and that player should not ever play at ER again purly on how he acted in the football context.

RoslinInstHibby
24-06-2011, 11:55 AM
hated the way he left the club, but i think a lot of what was said at the time was to gain favour with the rangers fans, most players do it to some extent.

would 100% take him back though:agree:

mjhibby
24-06-2011, 12:10 PM
With the money thomson is on at the moment hes unlikely to leave anyhow so the argument at the moment is pointless.he may in the future want to play for hibs and much as his departure dispeased me as much as the nexy man he would improve our team greatly and i would welcome him back.We will continue to lose players to the old firm like we did way back to stein so we shouldnt be surprised and upset when it continues to happen.You never know we may have scotty beside him one day.Strangers things have happened and if they love hibs that much maybe they could finish their careers here and then help on the coaching side.

hibsway
24-06-2011, 02:04 PM
quote'' I'm pretty sure we'd have that dirty side if we were all reunited now. In fact I don't think we'd be far off winning the SPL." maybe he's thinking of coming back,maybe thats why whitty is mucking rangers about :shhhsh!: :greengrin

seanshow
24-06-2011, 11:03 PM
It's time to drag out my DM/Kate picture again.....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e355/seanshow/KTDMCOmbotable-1.jpg

Bad Martini
24-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Katie and his boyhood heroes pish, his hacking, his ****ing up (with others) a perfectly good dressing room looking to do (and did) do something mid-season can **** off and take his "I Never lost my love for Hibs" and ram it up his arse.

We deserved better than we got from him, given what WE gave HIM.

ENDOF

givescotlandfreedom
25-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Thomson's a snotty nosed fud

KWJ
28-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Absolute rubbish. I can only imagine this post is coming from someone who has never played football at a decent level. I can assure you anyone who has played football at high level would realise the above is absolute nonsense for a professional footballer. Especially one with ability, and attracting interest from other clubs. Its a career, a job and the love for football has to come before the love for Hibs. I dont condone the way Kevin Thomson went about his business but if you are playing the game you aspire to play at the highest level possible, and unfortunately Hibs are not that level.

You can not compare yourself to a professional footballer. None of us can. We only see Hibs, but when your a professional footballer, You see Hibs as what they are in football terms. A stepping stone to bigger things.

And nothing wrong with that at all. There is however a way to do things, in which Thomson probably failed. But lets get over it.

No I've not played at a decent level. Thomson said you should pack in the game if you don't have aspirations to leave Hibs and I disagree with that. Some players may grow up with goals related to one club and want to see them through. It may not be as popular a move now but it still happens. Matt Le Tissier, Steve Bull and their likes.

Bostonhibby
28-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I just had a funny way of expressing it

.Sean.
28-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Are there any links to the column this greetin'-faced dobber used to pen?

He's a badge-kissing Hun fanny. Good player though.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2011, 07:33 PM
It's time to drag out my DM/Kate picture again.....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e355/seanshow/KTDMCOmbotable-1.jpg

Top drawer mate :aok:

SmokieJoe
28-06-2011, 07:54 PM

3pm
30-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I see young Kevin turned up for the 1st day of pre-season on crutches. I am sure Mowbray said he fell off a treadmill!

Sir David Gray
30-06-2011, 06:42 PM
My hard feelings towards Thomson have softened in the past couple of years, from an outright loathing to not feeling much at all, but I don't wish to see him anywhere near a Hibs jersey again.

How he behaved throughout the period leading up to his move to Rangers was disgraceful and hard to forget, never mind forgive.

marinello59
30-06-2011, 08:11 PM
My hard feelings towards Thomson have softened in the past couple of years, from an outright loathing to not feeling much at all, but I don't wish to see him anywhere near a Hibs jersey again.

How he behaved throughout the period leading up to his move to Rangers was disgraceful and hard to forget, never mind forgive.

Sensitive creatures football fans aren't they? Players can be subjected to the most vile abuse during games and on message boards but heaven help the player who doesn't say the things the fans want to hear.
He was daft, not evil. Unforgivable behaviour? Gies a break.

Sir David Gray
30-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Sensitive creatures football fans aren't they? Players can be subjected to the most vile abuse during games and on message boards but heaven help the player who doesn't say the things the fans want to hear.

Hard to forgive within a football context.

On a personal level, I wish no harm upon Thomson or his family. As I said in my last post, my feelings towards Thomson have mellowed quite a bit in the four and a half years since he left. When it first happened, I felt really strongly about the whole thing but now I just don't care about him or what happens to him in his career.

I just don't want him anywhere near Easter Road again, that's all.

It's true that I didn't like Ian Murray for a while either when he left to go to Rangers and that I've now welcomed him back since he returned. However Murray did not conduct a whole campaign with the intention of engineering a move away from the club in the way that Kevin Thomson did through Willie McKay, Keith Jackson and his article in the Daily Record. I also don't recall Murray saying anything about how the thought of staying at Hibs had made him feel "physically sick".

For a Hibs captain to behave/say things like that was disgusting, even more so when it was someone who claimed to be a lifelong supporter of the club.

hibsbollah
30-06-2011, 08:37 PM
My hard feelings towards Thomson have softened in the past couple of years, from an outright loathing to not feeling much at all, but I don't wish to see him anywhere near

a Hibs jersey again.

Ive never agreed with you more.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-06-2011, 09:09 PM

None of this excuses acting like such a ****.

Sir David Gray
30-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Ive never agreed with you more.

:bitchy:

I can't be having that!

I'll need to be getting back to the Holy Ground pronto after my break down south at Wimbledon for the past week.

I'll soon sort that out!

:greengrin

Bad Martini
30-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Does the passage of time change a single thing regards what he done or how he went about it?

Naw.

History will record that he engineered a move out of Hibs, unsettled a perfectly good ****ing team when we DIDNT need the pish and fired pelters at Hibs and our then manager via the press, mid-season.

Or did I have a shower and wake up 10 years later realising it wis aw a big dream?? Nah. This isny Dallas and the passage of time changes **** all.

**** on us once and we'll no forget that. Say yer sorry, beg for forgiveness, wander roond Ibrox singing songs aboot the Copeland Road and being ****ed six two by the famous Edinburgh Hibees, perhaps wear yer green n white kit and say unto all who will listen "WE WERE FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN YA BASS AND MA BLOOD ISNY BLUE" and then, we can talk.

Til then, hobble back off to hunbrox and take yer paper talk wi ye son.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS

snooky
30-06-2011, 11:40 PM

Irony?

bawheid
01-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Does the passage of time change a single thing regards what he done or how he went about it?

Naw.

History will record that he engineered a move out of Hibs, unsettled a perfectly good ****ing team when we DIDNT need the pish and fired pelters at Hibs and our then manager via the press, mid-season.

Or did I have a shower and wake up 10 years later realising it wis aw a big dream?? Nah. This isny Dallas and the passage of time changes **** all.

**** on us once and we'll no forget that. Say yer sorry, beg for forgiveness, wander roond Ibrox singing songs aboot the Copeland Road and being ****ed six two by the famous Edinburgh Hibees, perhaps wear yer green n white kit and say unto all who will listen "WE WERE FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN YA BASS AND MA BLOOD ISNY BLUE" and then, we can talk.

Til then, hobble back off to hunbrox and take yer paper talk wi ye son.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS

It needs to be said again. Worst Hibs captain...ever.