PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite and least favourite comedians/panel hosts

Sodje_18
23-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll start off with favourites
Jimmy Carr, Hugh Laurie, Jason Manford, Simon Amstell, Ricky Gervais, John Bishop

Least favourites
Stephen Fry - Am I the only one who dislikes him? :confused: I think he's a pompous, self righteous prick.
Frankie Boyle - Used to like him but he's stopped trying to be funny and just trying to be offensive.
James Corden - Just shouts stuff in a high pitched voice, how is that funny?!

easty
23-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Favourites: Frankie Boyle, Simon Amstell, Bill Bailey, Sean Lock.

Least Favourites: Andy Parsons, Russell Howard, Phil Jupitus, Jason Manford.

Woody1985
23-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Good

Dara
Frankie
Jack dee
Manford
Keith lemon

Not so good

That wee troll looking guy from mock the week.
Almost every comedian on mtw. The above guy got a special mention.
Stephen fry

ArabHibee
23-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I can't even type her name, I detest her so much, but she's Gramo's favourite comedienne. He'll be along soon to tell you how fantastic she is.:rolleyes:

lyonhibs
23-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Good:

Most male comedians (Russel Brand and Lee Evans being major exceptions)

Bad:

All female comedians.

OtterHibee
23-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Like (a lot!):

Sarah Millican
Jenny Eclair
Jo Brand
Rhod Gilbert
Joe Pasquale
John Bishop
Michael Urie

Dislike (a hell of a lot!):

Frankie Boyle
Michael McIntyre
Keith Lemon
James Cordon
Many, many more...

Pretty Boy
23-06-2011, 05:10 PM
If we are taking panel shows then:

Favourite:

Rich Hall

Least favourite:

Frankie Boyle

SteveHFC
23-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Good:
Frankie Boyle
Lee Mack
Russell Howard
Ed Byrne
Stewart Francis
MIlton Jones
Jimmy Carr
Kevin Bridges

Bad:
Michael Mcintyre
Chris Addison
Keith Lemon
All female comedians

Sean1875
23-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Favourite: Kevin Bridges

Least favourite: (As mentioned before) All women comedians.
That Andy Parsons guy off mock the week, the fact he tries to get laughs by the way he looks and wanders out into the performance area with his stupid wee face on just makes me want to punch my screen.

Removed
23-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I can't even type her name, I detest her so much, but she's Gramo's favourite comedienne. He'll be along soon to tell you how fantastic she is.:rolleyes:

Looks like artic fox got there first :greengrin:

SRHibs
23-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Good:
Jimmy Carr
Kevin Bridges
Sean Lock

Bad:
Russell Howard
Lee Evans
All female comedians

Sylar
23-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Favourites:

Dara O'Brian - seen him live twice and his stand up is great - he's superb on MTW.

Stephen Fry - I think he's very witty - nice to have someone who's both funny and intelligent with it, rather than aimlessly offensive.

Russell Howard - Never used to like him, but I've warmed to him in recent years having seen him do a stand up routine or two.

Dislikes:

Jimmy Carr - I just don't find him funny at all.

Ricky Gervais - I find him positively boring. The Office is perhaps my most hated "show".

Frankie Boyle - Used to find him funny, but went to see him live - he was uncomfortable, didn't deal with heckles well and was controversial for the sake of it. His stuff has gone too far past what I personally enjoy.

Andy Parsons - There are a myriad of posters on here who make me laugh more regularly than this guy - his method of delivery is as much to blame as his sincere lack of "funniness".

Kaiser_Sauzee
24-06-2011, 11:16 AM
The Good
Doug Stanhope
Ricky Gervais
Dara O'Briain
Jack Dee
Frankie Boyle
Hugh Dennis

The Bad
Sean Locke (weak as piss)
Gina Yashere (I come from a large Nigerian family)
Russell Howard (Student icon. Says it all)

Hibbie_Cameron
24-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Good reason for me to bring up my utter dislike of Peter Kay.

Over-rated, predictable and just a total erse imo

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Not sure if he counts, but, I wish Brucie would just jack it in!

Geo_1875
24-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Hate Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle and Hugh Dennis with a passion. Not keen on Michael McIntyre. The guys got family connections to a load of comedy writers and comes over like he's reading the news. No personality at all.

Like Lee Mack. Wasn't too keen on him until I saw his live show on TV ans was very impressed.

ArabHibee
24-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Michael McIntyre = nodding dog :agree:

Does my nut in!!!! :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

trev the hat
24-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Fav- Micky Flanagan :greengrin

Can,t stand- Jimmy Carr/Frankie Boyle in equal measures.

Sodje_18
25-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Fav- Micky Flanagan :greengrin

Can,t stand- Jimmy Carr/Frankie Boyle in equal measures.
Don't like your one liners then? :greengrin

Betty Boop
25-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I love Lee Nelson, his Well Good Show is hilarious. :greengrin

.Sean.
26-06-2011, 01:17 AM
In particular I like russel brand and the pub landlord. On the flipside, I cannot abide that wee gob***** Lee Evans.

matty_f
26-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Like: Sean Locke, Milton Jones, Stu Francis, Sarah Millican, Kevin Bridges, Russell Brand

Dislike: Lee Mack, Tim Vine

matty_f
26-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Favourites:

Dara O'Brian - seen him live twice and his stand up is great - he's superb on MTW.

Stephen Fry - I think he's very witty - nice to have someone who's both funny and intelligent with it, rather than aimlessly offensive.

Russell Howard - Never used to like him, but I've warmed to him in recent years having seen him do a stand up routine or two.

Dislikes:

Jimmy Carr - I just don't find him funny at all.

Ricky Gervais - I find him positively boring. The Office is perhaps my most hated "show".

Frankie Boyle - Used to find him funny, but went to see him live - he was uncomfortable, didn't deal with heckles well and was controversial for the sake of it. His stuff has gone too far past what I personally enjoy.

Andy Parsons - There are a myriad of posters on here who make me laugh more regularly than this guy - his method of delivery is as much to blame as his sincere lack of "funniness".

I know it's all about opinions and that, but without being overly serious here - how anyone could not find The Office funny is sorely lacking a sense of humour. Up there with the likes of Only Fools and Horses in terms of all time tv comedy greats.

Geo_1875
26-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I know it's all about opinions and that, but without being overly serious here - how anyone could not find The Office funny is sorely lacking a sense of humour. Up there with the likes of Only Fools and Horses in terms of all time tv comedy greats.

I have no strong opinion about Ricky Gervais either way. Just don't consider him to be a comedian, more of a comedy actor (not a very funny one). The Office doesn't do it for me but I prefer jokes and one-liners to the comedy of embarrassment.

Hainan Hibs
26-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Female comedians are about as funny as tooth ache.

Bunter
26-06-2011, 11:17 AM
It may only be one female comedian but obviously the majority of posters weren't at the Supporters' Club POTY bash. JoJo Sutherland brought the house down. An extremely funny woman. Intelligent humour with a quality left hook. :agree: Ripped Petrie a new one quite expertly.

As previously mentioned, Dara O'Briain is absolute comedy brilliance.
Jim Jefferies (Aussie one before anyone tries to be smart) :greengrin
Jerry Sadowitz, Daniel Sloss, Simon Williams, Roger Monkhouse, Stu Francis & Tom Staed are all up there.

My tip for the fringe this year: Jason Cook. Seen him the last three years. Hilarious stuff.

Gina Yashere, Andi Osho, Ava Vidal et al are IMO one trick ponies. Ethnic families. Still in effect racist jokes, but obviously you can't accuse them of it.

Milton Jones for me just isn't funny in the slightest. I just don't understand the uproar around him. Admittedly he can come out with the occasional line but on the whole, definitely not for me.

MountcastleHibs
26-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Like:

Ed Byrne
Stewart Francis
Dara O'Briain
Jimmy Carr
Frankie Boyle
Lee Mack
Paul Merton
Iain Hislop
Rob Brydon
Michael McIntyre
Rhod Gilbert
Kevin Bridges
Jack Dee

Dislike:

Gina Yashere
Andy Parsons
Russell Brand
Lee Nelson
Chris Addison
Sean Walsh
Steven K. Amos

Sodje_18
26-06-2011, 01:47 PM
:top marks
I also think 'extras' has got to be up their with the greats. Fair enough it didn't get as much publicity but it was hilarious and some of the guest actors they got on it was quite incredible. Ben Stiller, Vinnie Jones, Samuel L Jackson, Daniel Radcliffe, Orlando Bloom, and lets not forget Robert De Niro :agree:

Sodje_18
26-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I often refer to him as 'Jim Jeffries, not the ****y one' :wink:

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 07:05 PM
It may only be one female comedian but obviously the majority of posters weren't at the Supporters' Club POTY bash. JoJo Sutherland brought the house down. An extremely funny woman. Intelligent humour with a quality left hook. :agree: Ripped Petrie a new one quite expertly.

As previously mentioned, Dara O'Briain is absolute comedy brilliance.
Jerry Sadowitz, Daniel Sloss, Simon Williams, Roger Monkhouse, Stu Francis & Tom Staed are all up there.

My tip for the fringe this year: Jason Cook. Seen him the last three years. Hilarious stuff.

Gina Yashere, Andi Osho, Ava Vidal et al are IMO one trick ponies. Ethnic families. Still in effect racist jokes, but obviously you can't accuse them of it.

Milton Jones for me just isn't funny in the slightest. I just don't understand the uproar around him. Admittedly he can come out with the occasional line but on the whole, definitely not for me.

Jason Cook. Can you give me an idea what he's like? What sort of stuff he does?

Milton Jones. I think he's funny on MOTW but dunno what he would be like as a stand up in his own show.