PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC, it is time to focus on building support here at home.

Jack
23-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Hibernian FC has largely achieved its goals by decimating the debt and in putting in place fantastic infrastructure. Our Club must now set in motion a shift in the balance of priorities from quality bricks to quality players.

The spectre of administration, or worse, is no longer a threat and although these are difficult times, the time has come to build a team that is worthy of our home; worthy of our support.

Over the past 10, 20 years our support has endured many more painful times than good and we have become more resilient because of it … although there are many of those who were among us who have fallen by the wayside.

Hibernian FC now face the biggest challenge of all in bringing these supporters back; those friends and family that have been lost could fill our stadium twice over, or more. And our Club must appeal to new supporters. To do that our Club needs to attract, to play attractive football.

It is encouraging that we go into next season in a position of strength, we need to be stronger. Other clubs are under pressure from the banks; the tax authorities and even their own support more than ever before. Other clubs are fighting for survival while we have the opportunity to fight with a clear vision of our future.

There are still those among us demonstrating a growing disenchantment with our Club; our Club must show them, show all of us, they are wrong. Over the last decade, our Club has spent millions of pounds off the pitch, now our Club must invest in Hibernians greatest resource: our support; and that means getting the product on the pitch right. Hibernian FC, OUR FC, needs to demonstrate ambition that matches that of the support.

We are ready.

The SPL is not the perfect place and there will be others who will look to bring us down to their level on the pitch and in the stands. The ‘Offensive Behaviour at Football’ legislation will be a challenge for all supporters. But those others are not our responsibility. We have our own responsibilities, we must preserve the pride in our club, we must maintain our dignity.

Be ready to show your passion; be ready to support your Club.

I'm in a good mood today :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Great words, but it seems at least to me another chest thumping plea for the club to invest more than they can afford.

The club will spend every penny they can on players, THEY ALWAYS DO. Its more a time for the manager to start managing, and earn his wages for a change imo.

Cropley10
23-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Great words, but it seems at least to me another chest thumping plea for the club to invest more than they can afford.

The club will spend every penny they can on players, THEY ALWAYS DO. Its more a time for the manager to start managing, and earn his wages for a change imo.

Which is directly linked to ST sales, which aren't going to well, apparently.

Chicken and egg - but 1 point from 15 - after the split, can't have helped.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Which is directly linked to ST sales, which aren't going to well, apparently.

Chicken and egg - but 1 point from 15 - after the split, can't have helped.

:agree:

Big Frank
23-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Its reversing the trend from when broony & deeks et all broke through really.

Hibernian fans are fed up. IMO they've endured more than other supports. Hibernian have a stature. Yeh, the stats show we're gash, the last great team we've had was the early 70s. Outwith the infirm, hertz are the only team who could manage to reach the potential of a successful Hibernian. (by success I'm not meaning getting into 3rd place. I'm talking proper success).

No Scottish team has averaged 30,000 a season outside Glasgow. Hibernian have. Hertz fans can actually argue the same for their club, because they have suffered the same as us. What they can hide behind is a better derby record which took off in the 80's, and the phoney (IMHO) "success" of more 3rd places than anyone else. (who remembers 3rd in any other sport bar scottish football:rolleyes:, crowing about 3rd lets their club off the hook and hands the title to glasgow before a ball is kicked)

But we've suffered more.

Good OP by the way :top marks

Jack
23-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Thank you. :aok: It wasn’t the intention to come over as a spend more money than we have post, more a recognition that there's nothing more to build except the team so get on with it. :greengrin We, the fans, are desperate to kick on to the next stage. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Thank you. :aok: It wasn’t the intention to come over as a spend more money than we have post, more a recognition that there's nothing more to build except the team so get on with it. :greengrin We, the fans, are desperate to kick on to the next stage. :agree:

I agree we need to be doing better, 10th place is a bloody disgrace imo. As much as i'd like another trip abroad, i cant see one happening the season after next, but its a must that we improve, and get much further up this league.

A couple of good cup runs wouldnt hurt either, on you go CC show us what you say you are good at.

southern hibby
23-06-2011, 02:09 PM
I said a while back that HIBS could offer 1000 kids to 3000 kids free admition, to CAT B games. You could start this at 12 / 13 year olds and after 3 /4 years (when they start working) they could maybe start paying for a season ticket. Or if you charge them £1 each, there is someones wages for the week.

They may get in for nowt / £1 (and lets be honest) there is enough room, but they might invest in mechandise. If we managed to get 1/3 of them hooked on HIBS then theres a thousand fans thats going to bump up our attendance, when they start working.

Not sure this would work, but nothing ventured nothing gained. But in this economic climate something has to be done as we really do need to look to increasing crowds.

Also I did say that every so many years, being a season ticket holder (lets say 4) you could offer the season for 3/4 the price but also guaranteed cheap admition to home cup games. Or alternatively a free strip. I know it's not much but it's something that could make us feel more appreciated.

Anyway I'm sure there is a lot better suggestions out there. The problem is getting the Board to actually agree to some of them.

GGTTH

southern hibby
23-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Can I be the first to say my spelling in the last post is terrrrabbbble.

Sorry,

GGTTH

heretoday
23-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Hibs should get the young lads out into the streets and tenements of Edinburgh posting leaflets all about the club. It'd keep them fit and promote awareness of the club.

Get some of these Poles out of Gorgski and down to ER.