PDA

View Full Version : NHC Child Sex Pervert Footballer Craig Thomson Banned From Hearts

H18sry
23-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I think this deserves a new thread

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/06/23/child-sex-pervert-footballer-craig-thomson-banned-from-hearts-86908-23221296/

Good to see that common sense has prevailed

Thegreenside
23-06-2011, 09:29 AM
"Jefferies really didn't have a clue what was going on with the player and didn't know he was at court"

Interesting

hibsbollah
23-06-2011, 09:36 AM
A fine decision from an upstanding institution.

mickki40
23-06-2011, 09:39 AM
I think this deserves a new thread

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/06/23/child-sex-pervert-footballer-craig-thomson-banned-from-hearts-86908-23221296/

Good to see that common sense has prevailed

About time :thumbsup:

mickki40
23-06-2011, 09:40 AM
"jefferies really didn't have a clue what was going on with the player and didn't know he was at court"

interesting

fat jim knew

Ritchie
23-06-2011, 09:44 AM
only took 6 months.....

sven nil
23-06-2011, 09:45 AM
romanov flying in to offer him managers job!

Makaveli
23-06-2011, 09:46 AM
"He wants to wash his hands of the whole affair and get rid of Thomson but it's Romanov's call.

They've suspended him for the time being and he's been told to stay away."

The source added: "Thomson won't play for the club again if Jefferies has his way.

A lot of qualifications. For the time being... if JJ get's his way etc. Time will tell :agree:

Beefster
23-06-2011, 10:08 AM
If Hearts were going to bin him, why would it need Vlad to fly in?

The age of consent in Lithuania used to be 14 so perhaps Vlad doesn't see much of an issue with what Thomson has done.

Geo_1875
23-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe they're waiting for all the fax to come out.

lapsedhibee
23-06-2011, 10:34 AM
The age of consent in Lithuania used to be 14 so perhaps Vlad doesn't see much of an issue with what Thomson has done.

And in yamathematics 12 is more than 14, so ... nothing to see there.

hibs0666
23-06-2011, 10:36 AM
"Jefferies really didn't have a clue what was going on with the player and didn't know he was at court"

Interesting

Funny that, cos we all knew. :confused:

You would have think that Jeffries might have had an inkling given the reaction to Thomson during the game at Easter Road. :wink:

_hucks_
23-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Funny that, cos we all knew. :confused:

You would have think that Jeffries might have had an inkling given the reaction to Thomson during the game at Easter Road. :wink:

The detials and the extent has only just become public, though.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Crap, quite enjoyed singing our wee dttty in his direction last season.

southern hibby
23-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I really do not believe a word that comes out of FJK.

However I really do applaud him for trying to get this Beast out. But I would ask one question. If the Boss decides he can stay will FJK or any off the players tender their resignation or except him back into the fold?

As a staunch detester of homf (CRAP) they really do have an opportunity to stand up for decency and impress this HIBS FAN once in his 42 years of existance.

As a Father and (I would like to think) a respectable human being somethings are beyond even the banter of Football.

GGTTH

Please Hearts for the sake of everychild, whether they are Maroon, Blue, Red, Black and White striped or even Green. Do the correct thing

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Anyone think we might pick him up for nothing?

Camo
23-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Good,

Shouldn't even be referred to Romanov.

Kick him out.

Hibs Class
23-06-2011, 11:52 AM
As far as I can see there's nothing in the Evening News, nothing on the Hearts website and the most recent story in the crime section of the Hearts content on the BBC is Black's drug charges, so not convinced Hearts have actually done anything yet.

Part/Time Supporter
23-06-2011, 12:06 PM
As far as I can see there's nothing in the Evening News, nothing on the Hearts website and the most recent story in the crime section of the Hearts content on the BBC is Black's drug charges, so not convinced Hearts have actually done anything yet.

In fairness to the Record (!), they seem to have had the inside track on the Thomson story. I don't know why.

MyJo
23-06-2011, 12:07 PM
only took 6 months.....

That says that a parent contact the club to advise them of what he had been up to 6 months before he was arrested. Technically its taken them over a year to take any form of action against him meanwhile allowing him to be involved in promotion/charity work as a representative of hearts that involved him being in contact with young children.

frazeHFC
23-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Crap, quite enjoyed singing our wee dttty in his direction last season.

I was disappointed in a way as i wanted us to give him more abuse next season. :na na:

What a fool though, ruined his career completely.

Jack
23-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Still not sacked it then?

It'll soon have saved enough to pay his fine.

I'm still thinking Vlad will have it playing for him in Lith. Particularly if, as someone has said previously, the age of consent is 14 over there..

bruno
23-06-2011, 02:06 PM
That says that a parent contact the club to advise them of what he had been up to 6 months before he was arrested. Technically its taken them over a year to take any form of action against him meanwhile allowing him to be involved in promotion/charity work as a representative of hearts that involved him being in contact with young children.

I think CT has been very economical with the truth in his dealings with Hearts. In other words a lying sneaky wee *******.

From what I have read a parent brought this to the attention of Hearts, they interviewed the "player" and he has denied any wrongdoing. I would have thought if the parent was unhappy with the outcome they would/should have gone straight to the police to take action.

There is only so much an employer can do I guess with an allegation against one of it's employees especially if the employee denies it.

The sooner he leaves the better

JimBHibees
23-06-2011, 02:13 PM
There is only so much an employer can do I guess with an allegation against one of it's employees especially if the employee denies it.

However the employer also has a responsibility to others especially vulnerable groups like children and should never have involved the player in any club activities (Barnardo's, school visits etc) which put him in the vicinity of kids after hearing the allegations. Very negligent behaviour and you can imagine the furore if something happened to a kid and a parent finds out his employer knew of previous allegations.

Coco Bryce
23-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Disclosure Scotland will play a major part in this outcome.

poolman
23-06-2011, 02:19 PM

:tsk tsk::tee hee:

bruno
23-06-2011, 02:51 PM
However the employer also has a responsibility to others especially vulnerable groups like children and should never have involved the player in any club activities (Barnardo's, school visits etc) which put him in the vicinity of kids after hearing the allegations. Very negligent behaviour and you can imagine the furore if something happened to a kid and a parent finds out his employer knew of previous allegations.

Remember this is only a very vague quote in the Daily Record so we don't really know what the parent has said or accused CT of at that time. Obviously further allegations and subsequent events were very serious but without knowing the full facts we don't know what has been alledged so can't say for definite what Hearts should have done.

For all we know Hearts may have spoken to player received a response along the lines of it pure fabrication these people have an agenda with me.

Hearts may have spoken to the police for advise we really don't know. We can rightly castigate the player for his crimes but to blame Hearts for something that was an article article with no quotes from either side is a bit extreme IMHO

JimBHibees
23-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Remember this is only a very vague quote in the Daily Record so we don't really know what the parent has said or accused CT of at that time. Obviously further allegations and subsequent events were very serious but without knowing the full facts we don't know what has been alledged so can't say for definite what Hearts should have done.

For all we know Hearts may have spoken to player received a response along the lines of it pure fabrication these people have an agenda with me.

Hearts may have spoken to the police for advise we really don't know. We can rightly castigate the player for his crimes but to blame Hearts for something that was an article article with no quotes from either side is a bit extreme IMHO

Hearts could have shot down the accuracy of the article which is a potentially damaging allegation from what I know they havent. The paper obviously were approached by the parent to say they had informed Hearts of concerns. Any concerns of this nature should have been noted and he should never have been allowed to carry out the club activities that he was allowed to involving kids IMO. I would say the same if it was Hibs in this situation.

Dashing Bob S
23-06-2011, 03:00 PM

I've already put a call into that stunning mutual 'ex' of ours who intends to contact him on Facebook and groom him for a first team spot.

bruno
23-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Hearts could have shot down the accuracy of the article which is a potentially damaging allegation from what I know they havent. The paper obviously were approached by the parent to say they had informed Hearts of concerns. Any concerns of this nature should have been noted and he should never have been allowed to carry out the club activities that he was allowed to involving kids IMO. I would say the same if it was Hibs in this situation.

You are well within your rights to feel my club should have done more and I, not knowing all or even most facts, feel I can wait and pass judgement when more facts are made public.

One thing is for sure such is the uniquness of these events I hope your club or any club does not have to go through this ever again.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I've already put a call into that stunning mutual 'ex' of ours who intends to contact him on Facebook and groom him for a first team spot.

Well done Bob, Hibs should try and get him. You cant have enough perverts apparently, we really need to catch up on them.

Kaiser1962
23-06-2011, 03:11 PM

In what way?

Dashing Bob S
23-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Well done Bob, Hibs should try and get him. You cant have enough perverts apparently, we really need to catch up on them.

I'm sure we've had some in the past, particularly in the midfield berths, it just went unnoticed.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Fjk

Phil D. Rolls
23-06-2011, 04:26 PM

If they're involved, the season will be over before he gets a reply.

CentreLine
23-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I must congratulate the ADMIN for removing post 36. Thank goodness we are above that kind of idiotic comment.

We are Hibernian FC and we are better than that

:flag:

gordieboy
23-06-2011, 04:46 PM
One of the papers said he was a life long Hibs fan.Is this true?

CentreLine
23-06-2011, 04:50 PM
One of the papers said he was a life long Hibs fan.Is this true?

Maybe it said he loved Hibs fans

3pm
23-06-2011, 05:16 PM

You might pick his house and car up for nothing when he defaults on them...

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Hopefully when it gets emptied from Hearts, the bottom line will be that they have done the right thing. For want of a better word though, it looks like they have been dragged or shamed into getting rid of him. There was not much noise from the club when CT was hinting that they were standing by him, and had been brilliant. Just bad all round.

johnrebus
23-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Why don't we form a possee, find out where CT lives and just hang him from the nearest tree?

This forum is becoming like the Klu Klux Klan. These are not the actions of a normal person, the guy needs help for God's sake ! He deserved pity not ridicule.

There seems to be so many perfect people around here, I'm just surprised we end up with a dick like David Cameron running the country....,

Coco Bryce
23-06-2011, 06:32 PM
In what way?

He wont be allowed anywhere near kids ie. school, youth clubs and match days.

pentlando
23-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Why don't we form a possee, find out where CT lives and just hang him from the nearest tree?

This forum is becoming like the Klu Klux Klan. These are not the actions of a normal person, the guy needs help for God's sake ! He deserved pity not ridicule.

There seems to be so many perfect people around here, I'm just surprised we end up with a dick like David Cameron running the country....,

:agree:

However, playing football week in week out in front of thousands of spectators is neither best for him, club or scottish football as a whole.

steviehibsleith
23-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Hopefully when it gets emptied from Hearts, the bottom line will be that they have done the right thing. For want of a better word though, it looks like they have been dragged or shamed into getting rid of him. There was not much noise from the club when CT was hinting that they were standing by him, and had been brilliant. Just bad all round.

I can assure you the players there did not stand by him but were warned off by staff to wait and see if he was found guilty in court of any charges. Everyone can see now from the papers JJ and the team have banned him from Riccarton and is not wanted back.

Right now Hibs are the same with the problems at the boot camp with young welsh and scott - no official news until they have the facts then we will see a outcome.

Not sticking up for the Yams just dont think we can say they were standing by him just cos the beast himself said Hearts were being grt to him. They were just waiting for the Judicial verdict.

WindyMiller
23-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I think CT has been very economical with the truth in his dealings with Hearts. In other words a lying sneaky wee *******.

From what I have read a parent brought this to the attention of Hearts, they interviewed the "player" and he has denied any wrongdoing. I would have thought if the parent was unhappy with the outcome they would/should have gone straight to the police to take action.

The sooner he leaves the better

I've read some 5h1te on here in the past, but your post and the Record's tale take the biscuit.

sixtwo
23-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I can assure you the players there did not stand by him but were warned off by staff to wait and see if he was found guilty in court of any charges. Everyone can see now from the papers JJ and the team have banned him from Riccarton and is not wanted back.

Right now Hibs are the same with the problems at the boot camp with young welsh and scott - no official news until they have the facts then we will see a outcome.

Not sticking up for the Yams just dont think we can say they were standing by him just cos the beast himself said Hearts were being grt to him. They were just waiting for the Judicial verdict.

Are you comparing a training ground spat with disgusting acts of sexual depravity towards children?

WindyMiller
23-06-2011, 07:21 PM

Nonsense!

hibeemikey21
23-06-2011, 07:31 PM

What??!! :confused:

I agree with the fact that these are not the actions of a normal person, but to say he deserves pity is ludicrous! I understand how you got there though, here is a guy whose future looks pretty grim now. His career is finished, he is a famous (ish) face and will get bother whenever he is out and will most likely have to leave Scotland. Will he be allowed abroad ever again though? He will struggle to gain any form of employment ay time soon IMO and I reckon will struggle to have relationships with (hopefully from now on) of-age girls. After all, who wants to be with a known paedo?

HOWEVER, can you imagine being the parents of the 12 year old? Try thinking from all the angles before saying the guy deserves pity. Its these children and the families of these children that deserve pity first and foremost.

Does Ian Huntley just need a wee hug and some sympathy?

steviehibsleith
23-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Are you comparing a training ground spat with disgusting acts of sexual depravity towards children?

Absolutely not if you read the what I said i called CT a beast im just saying until the facts are known and in CT case the law and judge have made a decision then teams may be seen to be doing nothing . They just need the facts before dishing out punishments.

Sergey
23-06-2011, 07:52 PM

I'm not making this up....bit Graham Rix is currently running a kids coaching school in Spain.

BoltonHibee
23-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not making this up....bit Graham Rix is currently running a kids coaching school in Spain.

Is he involved in Hoddles set up?

tamsonsbairn
23-06-2011, 08:29 PM
It looks like the club is awaiting the decision of mad vlad. He's apparently flying in to take charge of the situation. We'll have to wait to see what he says first. :taxi for Thomson.

johnrebus
23-06-2011, 09:37 PM

I agree with the fact that these are not the actions of a normal person, but to say he deserves pity is ludicrous! I understand how you got there though, here is a guy whose future looks pretty grim now. His career is finished, he is a famous (ish) face and will get bother whenever he is out and will most likely have to leave Scotland. Will he be allowed abroad ever again though? He will struggle to gain any form of employment ay time soon IMO and I reckon will struggle to have relationships with (hopefully from now on) of-age girls. After all, who wants to be with a known paedo?

HOWEVER, can you imagine being the parents of the 12 year old? Try thinking from all the angles before saying the guy deserves pity. Its these children and the families of these children that deserve pity first and foremost.

Your last remark blows away any credibility your previous comments may have had.

IberianHibernian
23-06-2011, 09:38 PM

Rix was one of the coaches at Hoddle`s Academy in Jerez which I think has closed down after disagreement with Jerez Industrial . Think all the players were British / Irish who had failed to make it at clubs nearer home and all were 18 or over . Ex Hibs Fergus Bell for example . Big English clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal organise summer camps in the same part of Spain for younger kids but never heard Rix`s name mentioned .

CropleyWasGod
23-06-2011, 09:46 PM

I'm with you on this.

One can see the situation with Ian Black evolving whereby Hearts decide to stand by him and help him through some sort of therapy. It would be seen as being a "responsible employer".

Whilst it's probably a step too far for them to do a similar thing with Thomson, I for one would applaud them if they did. The guy has a problem, and needs help. Turning backs on him now (the club and society in general) will do nothing to address that problem; indeed, it may store up worse problems for the future.

hfc rd
23-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I hate the yams but it's a good decision made by the club to tell this asshole to stay away. That paedophile Thomson has himself to blame for this. A good young player but with no brains whatsoever and his early days as a footballer is all but over for what he has done. Good because the k*** deserved it.

Albion Hibs
23-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I cant believe that JJ did not know the full extent of what was going on. I think the reality is they were hoping it would come to nothing and by keeping him around they could come out afterwards and say they stood by him, and how they are such a great family club.

Now it has come out they will of course say they want nothing to do with him, probably to deflect from their own neglegence, disrespect and endangerment of other kids that they effectively sent him to visit on their promotional campaigns.

Dashing Bob S
24-06-2011, 05:03 AM

I'm waiting to hear what Wee Airdrie Jambo's latest project is.

Kaiser1962
24-06-2011, 06:29 AM

He's not allowed now.

Disclosure checks are only background checks. A person could be the biggest paedo in the world but if they haven't yet came to the attentions of the relevant authorities they will pass a discosure/PVG check.

Nothings changed.

And as FR says, they are not the quickest.

littleplum
24-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Craig Thomson to remain a Hearts player

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/craig-thomson_2241384_2381621

DaveF
24-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Craig Thomson to remain a Hearts player

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/craig-thomson_2241384_2381621

From the article -

The club would also caution supporters about recent media reports concerning Craig Thomson that are purported to be based on, or have included quotes from, supposed unnamed sources. The authenticity of such statements is highly dubious and as such they are questionable and often misleading.

Another 'believe' plea. This one is I assume, perhaps a reference to reports that FJK would not tolerate him back in the squad.

Dear me :rolleyes:

KiddA
24-06-2011, 04:46 PM
From the article -

The club would also caution supporters about recent media reports concerning Craig Thomson that are purported to be based on, or have included quotes from, supposed unnamed sources. The authenticity of such statements is highly dubious and as such they are questionable and often misleading.

Another 'believe' plea. This one is I assume, perhaps a reference to reports that FJK would not tolerate him back in the squad.

Dear me :rolleyes:

Its a shame the Scottish justice system is so poor. This would be out of Hearts hands if they were a team in the U.S and he would be in Jail for a year or more for his actions. He is a convicted pedophile and if Hearts wish to keep him on there books hell mend them as there fans will not accept this outcome. No matter what Hearts say they are making a huge mistake with this one. This beast should be sacked plain and simple.

Kevvy1875
24-06-2011, 07:12 PM
CHILD sex pervert footballer Craig Thomson has been warned to stay away from Hearts.
Club bosses told the right-back, who last week admitted offences against under-age girls, not to report for pre-season training.
It had been expected that Thomson, 20, would be given the boot when the players gathered yesterday.
But instead he has been suspended and told he is not welcome for training at the Hearts Academy.
Owner He has also not been included in the list of players to attend training at the plush Il Ciocco complex in Italy this weekend.
A source close to the club said yesterday: "Manager Jim Jefferies wants him out."

http://www.hollywoodgothique.com/wp-content/uploads/disney_pinocchio_08.jpg

Steve-O
25-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Its a shame the Scottish justice system is so poor. This would be out of Hearts hands if they were a team in the U.S and he would be in Jail for a year or more for his actions. He is a convicted pedophile and if Hearts wish to keep him on there books hell mend them as there fans will not accept this outcome. No matter what Hearts say they are making a huge mistake with this one. This beast should be sacked plain and simple.

Can we please stop with the "If this was in the US...". Why don't you go live there if it's so safe and crime free?

And where are you getting the idea he'd get a year in jail? You're just making it up aren't you?

Steve-O
25-06-2011, 01:47 AM

:rolleyes:

Good grief. There is NO comparison.

KiddA
25-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Can we please stop with the "If this was in the US...". Why don't you go live there if it's so safe and crime free?

And where are you getting the idea he'd get a year in jail? You're just making it up aren't you?

:confused:

Why is it bothering you so much :dunno: I will say what I like :agree: and I know what the justice system is like over here as I have lived here for 10 years :wink: and do watch the news from time to time and seen pedo's locked up for less.

Steve-O
25-06-2011, 04:09 AM
:confused:

Why is it bothering you so much :dunno: I will say what I like :agree: and I know what the justice system is like over here as I have lived here for 10 years :wink: and do watch the news from time to time and seen pedo's locked up for less.

Less than sending a picture over the internet and saying something on Facebook? Link?

The crime rate is higher in the US is it not? So does the justice system work? It seems to satisfy the general public's thirst for blood but does it actually work?

edit - I'll let YOU off with saying "In the US..." since you live there, didn't notice! As for people in the UK saying that...stop!

ArabHibee
25-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Less than sending a picture over the internet and saying something on Facebook? Link?

The crime rate is higher in the US is it not? So does the justice system work? It seems to satisfy the general public's thirst for blood but does it actually work?

edit - I'll let YOU off with saying "In the US..." since you live there, didn't notice! As for people in the UK saying that...stop!

That statement's a bit pot kettle black isn't it?
That's like me saying, "you live in New Zealand so you can't have an opinion on anything over here."

EasterRoad4Ever
25-06-2011, 08:11 AM
If Hearts were going to bin him, why would it need Vlad to fly in?

Oh dear, may a transfer to Kaunus would suit him :rolleyes:

Steve-O
25-06-2011, 08:37 AM
That statement's a bit pot kettle black isn't it?
That's like me saying, "you live in New Zealand so you can't have an opinion on anything over here."

Not really when I lived in the UK for 26 years and still keep up to date with all the news etc. I'm really talking about people who seem to think the American justice system is great just because they lock people up at the drop of a hat.

Hibbyradge
25-06-2011, 08:55 AM
What Thomson did shouldn't be dismissed lightly.

He was deliberately grooming a 12 year old and 14 year old for sex.

"Thomson used Facebook to befriend the girls then sent them vile emails.

He engaged the children in sex chat, asked them about their body parts, and asked the older girl for sex as well as sending her a picture of male genitalia.

Thomson, of Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, spoke to the younger girl about a sex act and asked her to show him her breasts on a webcam."

Report. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/06/18/hearts-fans-demand-sacking-of-pervert-craig-thomson-after-he-uses-internet-to-prey-on-girls-86908-23209319/)

--------
25-06-2011, 10:06 AM
What Thomson did shouldn't be dismissed lightly.

He was deliberately grooming a 12 year old and 14 year old for sex.

"Thomson used Facebook to befriend the girls then sent them vile emails.

He engaged the children in sex chat, asked them about their body parts, and asked the older girl for sex as well as sending her a picture of male genitalia.

Thomson, of Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, spoke to the younger girl about a sex act and asked her to show him her breasts on a webcam."

Report. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/06/18/hearts-fans-demand-sacking-of-pervert-craig-thomson-after-he-uses-internet-to-prey-on-girls-86908-23209319/)

Absolutely.

Thomson may very well be a confused, mixed-up, damaged young man.

He's also a very strong, fit young man who has shown a pronounced sexual predilection for children. He was caught grooming two young girls, one not yet into her teens, for sex.

Now the girls might have been silly to get into the Facebook conversation in the first place, sillier yet to stay on Facebook as Thomson progressed the conversation, but IMO there is no question where the guilt and responsibility in this case lies. It lies with the 19-year-old predator who deliberately targeted the girls, and who, when confronted by the police, attempted to evade his responsibilities by lying to his employers.

He was working as a PE teacher in primary schools, taking classes of girls of 10,11 and 12 years of age. He was very approachable and friendly towards the girls - I wonder why?

Just a thought for anyone tempted to minimise the serious nature of what Thomson has been doing - over a considerable period, apparently - do you think that Robert Black started his career fully-fledged, hauling wee girls into his van to rape them? Or did he maybe start off preying on the vulnerable by appearing friendly, kidding them along, winning their confidence until one of them let him do what he wanted to do, and ten maybe was too scared to tell her parents?

This guy should have been given at the very least a suspended custodial sentence, mandatory psychiatric treatment, and have had a court order against him being in any place or situation that brings him into contact with children - including football stadiums on match-days. A court order of indefinite duration - potentially for as long as he's on this planet. He's extremely dangerous, as all paedophiles are, and his human rights are IMO essentially irrelevant compared to the safety of children and young people.

It's no surprise to me that someone like VR defends him.

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Absolutely.

Thomson may very well be a confused, mixed-up, damaged young man.

He's also a very strong, fit young man who has shown a pronounced sexual predilection for children. He was caught grooming two young girls, one not yet into her teens, for sex.

Now the girls might have been silly to get into the Facebook conversation in the first place, sillier yet to stay on Facebook as Thomson progressed the conversation, but IMO there is no question where the guilt and responsibility in this case lies. It lies with the 19-year-old predator who deliberately targeted the girls, and who, when confronted by the police, attempted to evade his responsibilities by lying to his employers.

He was working as a PE teacher in primary schools, taking classes of girls of 10,11 and 12 years of age. He was very approachable and friendly towards the girls - I wonder why?

Just a thought for anyone tempted to minimise the serious nature of what Thomson has been doing - over a considerable period, apparently - do you think that Robert Black started his career fully-fledged, hauling wee girls into his van to rape them? Or did he maybe start off preying on the vulnerable by appearing friendly, kidding them along, winning their confidence until one of them let him do what he wanted to do, and ten maybe was too scared to tell her parents?

This guy should have been given at the very least a suspended custodial sentence, mandatory psychiatric treatment, and have had a court order against him being in any place or situation that brings him into contact with children - including football stadiums on match-days. A court order of indefinite duration - potentially for as long as he's on this planet. He's extremely dangerous, as all paedophiles are, and his human rights are IMO essentially irrelevant compared to the safety of children and young people.

It's no surprise to me that someone like VR defends him.

The mad circus just got madder..... VR is a first rate idiot by defending the actions of this paedophile:rolleyes:

moredun
26-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Surely there must be stipulations there from the courts regarding said paedophile, as in
Not allowed any internet access, via any phone, pc etc
Not to be anywhere near children regardless of scenario.

This must surely happen, he is a convicted paedophile, what kind of country do we live in if this is not the case.

As for the paedophile bus shelter dwellers, how they can try and blame the young girl, "mitigating circumstances" sums the vile sick club to a tee.
JJ has done an investigation and blames mitigating circumstances, i find this disturbingly sick, there is something deeply wrong with that, is he saying it was the little girl who was to blame, either way JJ is a sick old man

H18sry
26-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Victim's mum reveals full horror of Hearts star Craig Thomson's depravity

THE mum of a schoolgirl groomed by footballer Craig Thomson called on his club to sack him yesterday and asked: "Have you no shame?"
Breaking her silence, she condemned the sex-shame player and his bosses at Hearts after they announced he would be kept on at the club despite his conviction for targeting her 12-year-old daughter and another young girl online.
She revealed the defender - who was a close family friend and had known his victim for years - bombarded her girl with obscene messages over nine months from January 2010.
The shattered mum, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told how Thomson, 20, begged the youngster not to tell anyone about him.
He made filthy comments about her appearance, tried to take her on drives and even sent naked photographs of himself.
Speaking to the Sunday Mail at the family home near Edinburgh, the 47-year-old woman said Scotland under-21 international Thomson had known exactly how old her daughter was.
He was put on the sex offenders' register for five years and fined £4000 after admitting lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour earlier this month.
The mum-of-three said: "Hearts are not taking this seriously enough. As far as we are concerned, Thomson has got off with this. He needs to be sacked.
"The only thing that will teach him a lesson is if he goes. Football is all he cares about.
"Hearts are a family club and if he continues in football, he is obviously going to be around children. But who would take their kids to a game when they know he is on the pitch?
"They obviously don't want to lose him because he is a decent player and could make them money.
"They should be taking notice and investigating this. But there doesn't seem to have been anything of the sort - we haven't even heard a word from Hearts about it.
"To us, he has been let off really lightly. By the time he is 25 he won't even be on the sex offenders' register anymore. And a £4000 fine is nothing to him.
"He's meant to be a role model for kids and yet he has used his celebrity status to get at young girls."
The horrified mum, a support worker, said she had known nothing about Thomson's vile chats with her youngest child, now aged 13, until the police got in touch with her.
And when she heard how the player - who had been a friend of the family through the girl's older sister for around six years - had been grooming the girl, she was at first stunned then furious.
The mum said: "He was somebody we knew and trusted. It's not that my daughter was in awe of him because he was a footballer. He was a family friend she had known since she was about six.
"He went to school with my older daughter and he used to come about the house quite often. He knew the whole family from a young age.
"This was someone my older daughter was very close with. But while she was attending Hearts events that Thomson had invited her to, he was also grooming her little sister."
Thomson began chatting to the 12-year-old at a party they were both invited to and the next day he added her as a friend on Facebook, then began chatting to her on MSN Messenger.
The girl's mum said: "She would mention that she had been chatting to him and I thought nothing of it. I worry that I didn't pick up on that.
"I wonder if she was trying to tell us something but didn't know how to.
"He had asked her if she had told her big sister they were chatting. He told her he didn't think she should and that he didn't imagine she'd be too happy about it.
"A couple of days in, he had pushed her into speaking to him in front of the webcam.
"When I heard the things he was saying to her after the police became involved I was shocked and disgusted. He was commenting on her figure, saying he liked her big chest, what she was wearing and would turn up in places that he knew she was going to be.
"Nearly every time he was in contact with her he asked her to take her top off.
"He moved on to sending her pictures of himself naked and asking her if she thought he was big. She was a 12-year-old girl, it's disgusting."
The sickened mum added: "He was well aware of how young she was. At one point he asked her how old she was now and when she told him she had turned 13, he said to her 'I knew that' before saying what he wanted to do to her. It is disgusting.
"He also invited her to come to his house for a sleepover, as long as she promised to walk around in her underwear. He tried to take her on drives and I'm just so relieved she didn't go with him. I dread to think what might have happened.
"I feel a bit stupid for letting this happen to my daughter. The worst of it is that if even if I had've known he was offering to take her out to McDonald's and that kind of thing, I would have just thought what a nice laddie he was. I wouldn't have thought he had any other motive than being nice to his friend's little sister.
"He disgusts me. If he was a total stranger who had come on and said that type of thing, then she would have deleted him straight away. But because she knew him, she thought there was a wee bit of protection.
"And it went on so long because she was frightened to say because he was a friend of the family."
The family are unsure how Thomson came to be investigated but the mum told how when her daughter went to the police station about it, there were four other girls there too  and she knew three of them.
She said: "He has been found guilty of two, but there is probably lots more. This is a 20yearold footballer who could probably have any girl he wanted, yet he chooses to hang around at schoolgirls' parties."
I SHOOK WHEN I SAW HIM
THE VICTIM
Thomson's young victim yesterday said the player's unwanted attention gave her the creeps.
The girl, now 13, said: "I used to see him around all the time, he was everywhere.
"I would always put my head down or put sunglasses on to try and avoid him. I just hated seeing him.
"I used to shake when I did. He was always commenting on what I was wearing if I saw him. One time he drove past and waved and then later he asked if I was still wearing the leggings I had on earlier.
"So I'd wear things that wouldn't get his attention.
"I was scared to tell my mum and sisters in case they thought I had done something wrong. I was relieved once it all came out.
"When I look back I think 'How did I ever think that was okay?' but I think I thought to myself that he was a friend of my family, and also a footballer, so surely he wouldn't do something that was wrong.
"Surely he wouldn't risk everything by doing something bad.
"Even when I see him now, he doesn't try and hide, he just stares right at me."
PUTTING MONEY BEFORE MORALS
THE AGENT
A top football agent yesterday accused Hearts of putting money before morality.
The players' rep, who asked not to be named, said: "The reason they have kept Thomson is quite simple.
"He's an asset to the club and is somebody they will feel they can sell for upwards of £500,000 or maybe seven figures in a year or two.
"They have invested a lot of time training him and they aren't about to discard him now.
"This is a financial decision, pure and simple. If he was an ordinary 20-year-old they'd be delighted to get shot of him. He stays because he has talent.
"Football is littered with bad boys being given another chance and, as long as Thomson is doing the business on the grass, there will always be be a taker.
"Of course, there may be clubs who take the moral high ground and won't want anything to do with it, but there will be plenty clubs who won't care."
The agent, who has done business with Vladimir Romanov's club, said: "This whole thing isn't surprising to me. I have had a few dealings with the people at Hearts.
"They are unpredictable, to say the least, and are tough negotiators when it comes to money."

Dibben
26-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Surely there must be stipulations there from the courts regarding said paedophile, as in

This must surely happen, he is a convicted paedophile, what kind of country do we live in if this is not the case.

As for the paedophile bus shelter dwellers, how they can try and blame the young girl, "mitigating circumstances" sums the vile sick club to a tee.
JJ has done an investigation and blames mitigating circumstances, i find this disturbingly sick, there is something deeply wrong with that, is he saying it was the little girl who was to blame, either way JJ is a sick old man

:agree:

I wonder if Hearts will ever release what their 'mitigating circumstances' are?

Cause surely the only real facts here are, CT pleaded guilty to the behaviour that has been reported and he knew the age of the girl, as he was a family friend!

Septimus
26-06-2011, 02:58 PM
The mitigating circumstances may be that he has agreed to castration.

KiddA
26-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Victim's mum reveals full horror of Hearts star Craig Thomson's depravity

THE mum of a schoolgirl groomed by footballer Craig Thomson called on his club to sack him yesterday and asked: "Have you no shame?"
Breaking her silence, she condemned the sex-shame player and his bosses at Hearts after they announced he would be kept on at the club despite his conviction for targeting her 12-year-old daughter and another young girl online.
She revealed the defender - who was a close family friend and had known his victim for years - bombarded her girl with obscene messages over nine months from January 2010.
The shattered mum, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told how Thomson, 20, begged the youngster not to tell anyone about him.
He made filthy comments about her appearance, tried to take her on drives and even sent naked photographs of himself.
Speaking to the Sunday Mail at the family home near Edinburgh, the 47-year-old woman said Scotland under-21 international Thomson had known exactly how old her daughter was.
He was put on the sex offenders' register for five years and fined £4000 after admitting lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour earlier this month.
The mum-of-three said: "Hearts are not taking this seriously enough. As far as we are concerned, Thomson has got off with this. He needs to be sacked.
"The only thing that will teach him a lesson is if he goes. Football is all he cares about.
"Hearts are a family club and if he continues in football, he is obviously going to be around children. But who would take their kids to a game when they know he is on the pitch?
"They obviously don't want to lose him because he is a decent player and could make them money.
"They should be taking notice and investigating this. But there doesn't seem to have been anything of the sort - we haven't even heard a word from Hearts about it.
"To us, he has been let off really lightly. By the time he is 25 he won't even be on the sex offenders' register anymore. And a £4000 fine is nothing to him.
"He's meant to be a role model for kids and yet he has used his celebrity status to get at young girls."
The horrified mum, a support worker, said she had known nothing about Thomson's vile chats with her youngest child, now aged 13, until the police got in touch with her.
And when she heard how the player - who had been a friend of the family through the girl's older sister for around six years - had been grooming the girl, she was at first stunned then furious.
The mum said: "He was somebody we knew and trusted. It's not that my daughter was in awe of him because he was a footballer. He was a family friend she had known since she was about six.
"He went to school with my older daughter and he used to come about the house quite often. He knew the whole family from a young age.
"This was someone my older daughter was very close with. But while she was attending Hearts events that Thomson had invited her to, he was also grooming her little sister."
Thomson began chatting to the 12-year-old at a party they were both invited to and the next day he added her as a friend on Facebook, then began chatting to her on MSN Messenger.
The girl's mum said: "She would mention that she had been chatting to him and I thought nothing of it. I worry that I didn't pick up on that.
"I wonder if she was trying to tell us something but didn't know how to.
"He had asked her if she had told her big sister they were chatting. He told her he didn't think she should and that he didn't imagine she'd be too happy about it.
"A couple of days in, he had pushed her into speaking to him in front of the webcam.
"When I heard the things he was saying to her after the police became involved I was shocked and disgusted. He was commenting on her figure, saying he liked her big chest, what she was wearing and would turn up in places that he knew she was going to be.
"Nearly every time he was in contact with her he asked her to take her top off.
"He moved on to sending her pictures of himself naked and asking her if she thought he was big. She was a 12-year-old girl, it's disgusting."
The sickened mum added: "He was well aware of how young she was. At one point he asked her how old she was now and when she told him she had turned 13, he said to her 'I knew that' before saying what he wanted to do to her. It is disgusting.
"He also invited her to come to his house for a sleepover, as long as she promised to walk around in her underwear. He tried to take her on drives and I'm just so relieved she didn't go with him. I dread to think what might have happened.
"I feel a bit stupid for letting this happen to my daughter. The worst of it is that if even if I had've known he was offering to take her out to McDonald's and that kind of thing, I would have just thought what a nice laddie he was. I wouldn't have thought he had any other motive than being nice to his friend's little sister.
"He disgusts me. If he was a total stranger who had come on and said that type of thing, then she would have deleted him straight away. But because she knew him, she thought there was a wee bit of protection.
"And it went on so long because she was frightened to say because he was a friend of the family."
The family are unsure how Thomson came to be investigated but the mum told how when her daughter went to the police station about it, there were four other girls there too  and she knew three of them.
She said: "He has been found guilty of two, but there is probably lots more. This is a 20yearold footballer who could probably have any girl he wanted, yet he chooses to hang around at schoolgirls' parties."
I SHOOK WHEN I SAW HIM
THE VICTIM
Thomson's young victim yesterday said the player's unwanted attention gave her the creeps.
The girl, now 13, said: "I used to see him around all the time, he was everywhere.
"I would always put my head down or put sunglasses on to try and avoid him. I just hated seeing him.
"I used to shake when I did. He was always commenting on what I was wearing if I saw him. One time he drove past and waved and then later he asked if I was still wearing the leggings I had on earlier.
"So I'd wear things that wouldn't get his attention.
"I was scared to tell my mum and sisters in case they thought I had done something wrong. I was relieved once it all came out.
"When I look back I think 'How did I ever think that was okay?' but I think I thought to myself that he was a friend of my family, and also a footballer, so surely he wouldn't do something that was wrong.
"Surely he wouldn't risk everything by doing something bad.
"Even when I see him now, he doesn't try and hide, he just stares right at me."
PUTTING MONEY BEFORE MORALS
THE AGENT
A top football agent yesterday accused Hearts of putting money before morality.
The players' rep, who asked not to be named, said: "The reason they have kept Thomson is quite simple.
"He's an asset to the club and is somebody they will feel they can sell for upwards of £500,000 or maybe seven figures in a year or two.
"They have invested a lot of time training him and they aren't about to discard him now.
"This is a financial decision, pure and simple. If he was an ordinary 20-year-old they'd be delighted to get shot of him. He stays because he has talent.
"Football is littered with bad boys being given another chance and, as long as Thomson is doing the business on the grass, there will always be be a taker.
"Of course, there may be clubs who take the moral high ground and won't want anything to do with it, but there will be plenty clubs who won't care."
The agent, who has done business with Vladimir Romanov's club, said: "This whole thing isn't surprising to me. I have had a few dealings with the people at Hearts.
"They are unpredictable, to say the least, and are tough negotiators when it comes to money."

All the signs of a pedophile that organisations like Children 1st warn you about. The poor girl had no chance :rolleyes: CT makes me sick to the bone after reading this. Hearts are a total disgrace for letting this beast play on. Hell mend them

Coco Bryce
26-06-2011, 09:43 PM

I know for a fact that Jefferies & Billy Brown are absolutely disgusted by the stance by Romanov over this.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I know for a fact that Jefferies & Billy Brown are absolutely disgusted by the stance by Romanov over this.

Really?

Jeffferies was the one who conducted the "investigation".

Removed
26-06-2011, 09:51 PM

Are they going to do anything about it or bend over......again

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Really?

I've lost track now with so many threads about this story. Where was it quoted that Jefferies conducted the investigation? Just wanted to read the article?
Cheers.

Coco Bryce
26-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Really?

Aye, so he did.

There's only one man and one man only that calls the shots over the road :agree:

They never even knew when his court date was? CT never told them.

Coco Bryce
26-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Are they going to do anything about it or bend over......again

Of course they arent. Hearts are their final pension pay day.

Removed
26-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Of course they arent. Hearts are their final pension pay day.

No shock there then

:3wise smi

Makes them as bad as CT and VR in my book

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Aye, so he did.

There's only one man and one man only that calls the shots over the road :agree:

Fair enough. I must have been swept along with the hysteria although I did think that I'd read somewhere that FJK had conducted an enquiry.

degenerated
26-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Aye, so he did.

Was in the Scotsman on Saturday. Quite clearly stated that investigation that found no reason to bin the deviant was conducted by fat jim (knew), David southern and vlad. I guess if it wasn't true then fjk will be doing everything in his powers to distance himself from it.

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Was in the Scotsman on Saturday. Quite clearly stated that investigation that found no reason to bin the deviant was conducted by fat jim (knew), David southern and vlad. I guess if it wasn't true then fjk will be doing everything in his powers to distance himself from it.

Link please because I can't find it.

matty_f
26-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Have you not got google, like?:rolleyes:

:na na:

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 10:29 PM

Hearts, whose investigation was led by managing director David Southern and manager Jim Jefferies in consultation with club owner Vladimir Romanov

From here. (http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-attack-their-39mafia39-enemies.6790969.jp)

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Have you not got google, like?:rolleyes:

:na na:

I thought the words "I can't find it" maybe gave it away that I had already tried googling it. Or am I playing with semantics again?

:asshole:

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:33 PM
From here. (http://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-attack-their-39mafia39-enemies.6790969.jp)

Thanks D.

At least some of the admins aren't .....

:greengrin

The_Todd
26-06-2011, 10:37 PM

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-attack-their-39mafia39-enemies.6790969.jp

matty_f
26-06-2011, 10:38 PM
I thought the words "I can't find it" maybe gave it away that I had already tried googling it. Or am I playing with semantics again?

:asshole:

You're from Dundee, "I can't find it." doesn't tell us anything.:greengrin

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:46 PM
You're from Dundee, "I can't find it." doesn't tell us anything.:greengrin

:hmmm: Maybe it has a different meaning in Dunfermline. Now I understand where the confusion lies.

degenerated
26-06-2011, 10:46 PM

It's really not difficult, go on give it a try

matty_f
26-06-2011, 10:50 PM
:hmmm: Maybe it has a different meaning in Dunfermline. Now I understand where the confusion lies.

Who are you trying to kid!:greengrin

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:52 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-attack-their-39mafia39-enemies.6790969.jp

Cheers.

What I don't understand is where are The Scotsman getting the information that Jefferies and Southern did the investigation on this? It doesn't say this in Hearts statement on their website. Are The Scotsman stretching the story here a bit coz if they are, and I was Jefferies, I'd be saying something about it.

Maybe his silence on the matter tells us it is true? Who knows.