PDA

View Full Version : NHC YAMS - Black in court on Cocaine posession

whiskyhibby
22-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Did I hear right on Radio Scotland that Ian Black was in court today on Class A drugs charges............

Hanny
22-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hearts-star-Ian-Black-in.6789442.jp

Spike Mandela
22-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Did I hear right on Radio Scotland that Ian Black was in court today on Class A drugs charges............

http://news.scotsman.com/news/Hearts-star-Ian-Black-in.6789442.jp?

whiskyhibby
22-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Well I suppose including the kiddy fiddler thats another 3 wages knocked off the spiralling debt..................:faf::faf:

They really are class A fuds in every sense............

Keith_M
22-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure we can take the moral high ground on players caught in posession of drugs.

Hibee87
22-06-2011, 05:57 PM
what was the outcome with this?

i really just cant understand, even it being hearts, why they have not sacked black, the u19 player and thompson also. can the SFA get involved in this? any other line of work you would ssacked on the spot for cocain possesion or being on the SO register. have hearts even made any statements regarding either issue?
#what exctly does being on the s/o register mean for thompsion i mean ther must be loads of things he cant do now i.e trianing with the youngsters etc.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-06-2011, 06:00 PM
If a pub quiz question comes up that says, " name Hearts Terrible Trio", I guess that there is a choice now.

Hibercelona
22-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure we can take the moral high ground on players caught in posession of drugs.

:agree:

Sadly its now well established that football players from almost every club are at it.

Hibercelona
22-06-2011, 06:02 PM
If a pub quiz question comes up that says, " name Hearts Terrible Trio", I guess that there is a choice now.

The fans, the players and the staff? :dunno: :greengrin

The Falcon
22-06-2011, 06:02 PM

If its a reference to GOC then he has not been charged with anything (yet). I would be reluctant to throw stones in their direction over Black though.

The problem for the Yams is if they sack CT and allow IB to stay are they guilty of victimisation? They may say that they view CT's as a more serious offence but they also employed Graham Rix who got convicted of much more than cybering a minor. There is a precedent in their employment criteria.

Based on this alone I think CT would have a case gainst the club should they try to empty him.

Mikey
22-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Sadly its now well established that football players from almost every club are at it.

Erm............ so which Hibs players have been convicted?

ancient hibee
22-06-2011, 06:26 PM
As O'Connor is not the sharpest tool in the box could it be that he thought he was in possession of an illicit white powder hence trying and failing to out run a 45 year old PC but in fact it was baking soda?

Removed
22-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Exactly my response to yams giving it :blah: about our players

3pm
22-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Well I suppose including the kiddy fiddler thats another 3 wages knocked off the spiralling debt..................:faf::faf:

They really are class A fuds in every sense............

Think you are mixed up mate. They deal in Class A drugs.

LamontHFC©
22-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Serious question, is O'Connor going to be going to court at all or not?

Hibercelona
22-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Just because a player hasn't be convicted for doing drugs, doesn't mean that they haven't done them.

And i'm not finger pointing at Hibs players. I'm pointing the finger at football players in general.

Still... I hope Black gets slammed hard for this. Not just for taking drugs but for being a p***k in general.

Hibee87
22-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Serious question, is O'Connor going to be going to court at all or not?

was occonnor not released without charge :confused:

LamontHFC©
22-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Not sure, just wondered if he was going to be up in court aswell, as didn't want his pre-season getting affected.

Keith_M
22-06-2011, 06:43 PM

They were going to do tests on the substance found but there's been no statement yet either way.

snooky
22-06-2011, 08:37 PM
As O'Connor is not the sharpest tool in the box could it be that he thought he was in possession of an illicit white powder hence trying and failing to out run a 45 year old PC but in fact it was baking soda?

Well that takes the biscuit.

Hibrandenburg
22-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Well that takes the biscuit.
He he he, that's a cracker.

DC_Hibs
22-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Serious case of double standards in football. Ruud Van Nistelrooy was taking Ketamine for years and nothing was done about it. Was obvious just looking at him.

Blackie should just get his knuckles rapped and let Murray deal with him properly at the Paedo Palace in August.

"Gorgie Sc*m, Sex offenders"

moggie
22-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this but I would think if black and the other character admitted to the club they had a drug problem, the club under employment laws are obliged to help them .

Of course I might be talking krap.

steviehibsleith
22-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm not 100% sure about this but I would think if black and the other character admitted to the club they had a drug problem, the club under employment laws are obliged to help them .

Think you will find taking drugs is a sackable offence in most jobs and no employer is obliged to help where illegal drugs are concerned.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-06-2011, 08:56 PM

I'm printing off your post and turning up to work absolutely smacked off my tits :aok:

steviehibsleith
22-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm printing off your post and turning up to work absolutely smacked off my tits :aok:

:wink:pmsl

Think he forgot to say employment laws in Columbia and jamaica

moggie
22-06-2011, 09:00 PM

Well mind n admit you have a problem when you walk in the door :-)

moggie
22-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Just checked it out on the gov website. It would seem there should be a substance misuse policy in place in the workplace and the policy should seek to help them rather than simply dismissing them.

dp00
22-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Number 21

http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/sheriff/lists/edi/EDI110622.htm

stokesmessiah
22-06-2011, 09:22 PM

I work in employment and you are correct if you went to your employer and said you had a drug problem they are obliged to try and assist you. However, in this case its a bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted because they can probably already be sacked for a) gross misconduct or b) bringing the club into disrepute.

Dashing Bob S
22-06-2011, 09:23 PM

I'm not sure that we can take the moral high ground on players caught in possession, full stop.

matty_f
22-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure that we can take the moral high ground on players caught in possession, full stop.

:top marks Very good.

snooky
22-06-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure that we can take the moral high ground on.... [/COLOR].

...... players caught in possession, fools! stop!

NOLA
23-06-2011, 01:57 AM
the laddie is from tranent after all:rolleyes:

WindyMiller
23-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Serious case of double standards in football. Ruud Van Nistelrooy was taking Ketamine for years and nothing was done about it. Was obvious just looking at him.

Blackie should just get his knuckles rapped and let Murray deal with him properly at the Paedo Palace in August.

"Gorgie Sc*m, Sex offenders"

Just say neigh.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Anyone know whats happening with the ned who tried to slap neil lennon? Is he due in court and are hearts awaiting a huge fine?

YehButNoBut
13-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Heart of Midlothian midfielder Ian Black is to stand trial accused of possessing cocaine in Edinburgh. The 26-year-old's solicitor told Edinburgh Sheriff Court that the footballer intended to plead not guilty to the charge.

It is alleged that Black, of Tranent in East Lothian, had the class A drug with him at Lava and Ignite in the Tollcross area of the city on 16 May.

A trial date has been set for 18 October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14136678?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MussiHibee
13-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Court Date Set (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14136678)

Hate the wee **** bag with a passion.

Hibernian Verse
13-07-2011, 03:27 PM
It's shocking. Imagine a footballer with lots of money taking drugs. Oh hi Garry.

Pot Kettle.

MussiHibee
13-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I couldn't care what he is up for tbh

Just hate the wee rat from Tranent. He is a Class A FUD

Bostonhibby
13-07-2011, 04:15 PM

:agree: Big boys made him do it though, so Vlad will stand by him, just long enough for a sponsor to withdraw then fax him off to Kaunus where that sort of thing is probably alright.

Oh, and I am pretty sure it will all be becasue some hobo supplied him.

aberhibsfc
13-07-2011, 04:34 PM

Daz challenge, here's hoping when it comes out of the wash it'll be all white.

Kaiser1962
13-07-2011, 07:30 PM
what was the outcome with this?

i really just cant understand, even it being hearts, why they have not sacked black, the u19 player and thompson also. can the SFA get involved in this? any other line of work you would ssacked on the spot for cocain possesion or being on the SO register. have hearts even made any statements regarding either issue?
#what exctly does being on the s/o register mean for thompsion i mean ther must be loads of things he cant do now i.e trianing with the youngsters etc.

Its a bit harsh lumping them all in together. Thomson's offence was incomparable in severity and consequence from the other two.

Kaiser1962
13-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Despite my previous post I have to ask who the **** pleads not guilty to possession? You either have it on you or you dont. This could be quite funny now as I cant wait to hear what **** they come out with.

Heart of Midlothian midfielder Ian Black is to stand trial accused of possessing cocaine in Edinburgh. The 26-year-old's solicitor told Edinburgh Sheriff Court that the footballer intended to plead not guilty to the charge.

It is alleged that Black, of Tranent in East Lothian, had the class A drug with him at Lava and Ignite in the Tollcross area of the city on 16 May.

A trial date has been set for 18 October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-14136678?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

matty_f
13-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Despite my previous post I have to ask who the **** pleads not guilty to possession? You either have it on you or you dont. This could be quite funny now as I cant wait to hear what **** they come out with.

"Ah wiz in the bogs wi' ma wee pal cos he was pure feared tae go in himself and that likes, an ah heard this sortay thumpin soon' an then the next thing ah ken there's aw this white pooder oan the toap ay the lavvy,ken? It pure wasnae mine, likesay, but ah hadnae a clue whit it was an that, so I thought, ken, I better hae a wee sniff and see whit it smells like, ken, in case it was anything, ken, dodgy, likesay. Ah hud nae idea that it was thon coke likesay, ken, ahm mair ay a Pepsi man, ken, so ah was pure shocked when the polis barged in, ken, that's why I shoved it in ma poakits but really, ah've nae idea whaes stuff it wiz."

Sir David Gray
13-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Its a bit harsh lumping them all in together. Thomson's offence was incomparable in severity and consequence from the other two.

Whilst I agree with the general point you make, it may actually be easier for a football club to sack a player for a drugs offence than it is for them to deal with the kind of offence that Craig Thomson committed.

As part of a football player's contract, I'm sure that most clubs would stipulate that they sign up to a code of conduct regarding the misuse of drugs and controlled substances. If a player is found to have taken an illegal drug, such as cocaine, or is found in possession of it, it would be fairly easy for them to dig out the code of conduct that the player concerned had signed up to and then sack them for a breach of contract.

I very much doubt if many clubs make their players sign a form, forbidding them from grooming young girls over the internet for sex.

However where your point kicks in is when you consider the future career aspirations for two people convicted of those two offences. Whilst Craig Thomson's football career is virtually all but over now that he has this conviction, I'm sure that a player convicted of drugs possession would still have a few offers, should his present employer take the decision to terminate his contract.

Kaiser1962
13-07-2011, 08:42 PM
The point I was making was that if Black has had recreational (admittedly illegal)drugs for his personal use then its hardly the same as grooming a young girl. Not in my book at least.

While any illegal activity probably kicks in some sort of conduct clause in a contract where do you draw the line? Being drunk is illegal as is speeding. It may even depend on the player being gash or not. Hearts may actually sack Black but would they sack Templeton or Driver? If Black was supplying youngsters then fair enough but, as far as I am aware, it was just personal stuff.

It may also be a player, given the financial rewards on offer elsewhere, feels its worth taking a little possession conviction in order to escape from his contract.

Whilst I agree with the general point you make, it may actually be easier for a football club to sack a player for a drugs offence than it is for them to deal with the kind of offence that Craig Thomson committed.

As part of a football player's contract, I'm sure that most clubs would stipulate that they sign up to a code of conduct regarding the misuse of drugs and controlled substances. If a player is found to have taken an illegal drug, such as cocaine, or is found in possession of it, it would be fairly easy for them to dig out the code of conduct that the player concerned had signed up to and then sack them for a breach of contract.

I very much doubt if many clubs make their players sign a form, forbidding them from grooming young girls over the internet for sex.

However where your point kicks in is when you consider the future career aspirations for two people convicted of those two offences. Whilst Craig Thomson's football career is virtually all but over now that he has this conviction, I'm sure that a player convicted of drugs possession would still have a few offers, should his present employer take the decision to terminate his contract.