PDA

View Full Version : Rory McAllister

Rivers Cuomo
22-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Anyone see the Metro this morning reporting we have made an offer to him along with The Sheep and St J?

pentlando
22-06-2011, 09:19 AM
:agree:

In the BBC Gossip Column too. Part of me thought he might be in our plans when he turned down st mirren. If he has ambition it'll be us or the sheep, and i'm sure he got released from them already when he was younger so hopefully we'll be the most attractive option for him.

Callum_62
22-06-2011, 09:21 AM
whos making the offer tho.... :wink:

SteveHFC
22-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I would not take him

easty
22-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Anyone see the Metro this morning reporting we have made an offer to him along with The Sheep and St J?

Did it say we made an offer? I read it as his agent saying we were interested, along with St Johnstone and Aberdeen, and that they expected a couple of offers.

It also said he was in the final year of a plumbing apprenticeship, can we compete with plumbers wages?

R'Albin
22-06-2011, 09:30 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6789211.jp

Hibs have expressed an interest in signing out-of-contract Brechin City striker Rory McAllister

Mark79
22-06-2011, 09:53 AM
It might be a dual role. Player/Plumber. Rod is the man at making the money go further.

Can just imagine the Gareth Evans calling in Rory during the warm up and asking him to clear a blockage in the famous five lower toilets .

Speedway
22-06-2011, 11:28 AM
If he's a League One quality plumber, there's no chance we'll be able to compete what what is being offered by the likes of Dyno-Rod.

Franck is God
22-06-2011, 11:44 AM
this guy just seems to have developed a bit later after being released as a teenager, he stayed in the game at a reasonable level while learning a trade.

No different to the chance we gave Sproule, if he ends up at ER it could be quite an interesting signing.

3pm
22-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Did it say we made an offer? I read it as his agent saying we were interested, along with St Johnstone and Aberdeen, and that they expected a couple of offers.

It also said he was in the final year of a plumbing apprenticeship, can we compete with plumbers wages?

Apparently Peterhead were going to offer him £600 a week I have been told. Whether it got as far as a formal offer I am unsure.

£600 a week plus another wage? If he wants parity and the above is true then I am not sure we'd offer him that.....would we?!

PeterboroHibee
22-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Think he would be worth going in for. Bit of a step up but hes still a young guy, made a name for himself at a lower level so sure he could add something.

Did he not say he wasnt interested in joining an SPL club though because he might not get a game every week, and he would actually make less than if he was playing part time whilst working throughout the week?

aberhibsfc
22-06-2011, 12:16 PM

If football was a summer sport, maybe. But in the winter time, plumbers make a fortune.

Simpson
22-06-2011, 12:56 PM
According to the "Official" Hibs facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hibernian-Football-Club/135659499825689 )

We've joined the race to sign him?

James70
22-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Which drip leaked this information?

SonOfDavidFrancey
22-06-2011, 01:59 PM
In fact the great Nat Lofthouse was a plumber by trade I seem to remember.

And Stuart Pearce was (still is?) an electrician. Brian Clough got Pearce to rewire his house.

bob12345
22-06-2011, 06:24 PM
He's a striker with a track record at a lower level so why not? If I remember correctly he's pretty pacy so ideal to bring on the bench initially, and if he can take his chances and make the step up properly then he'll put himself right into the picture.

Not as though it would be breaking the bank either.

stantonhibby
22-06-2011, 06:38 PM
He's a striker with a track record at a lower level so why not? If I remember correctly he's pretty pacy so ideal to bring on the bench initially, and if he can take his chances and make the step up properly then he'll put himself right into the picture.

Not as though it would be breaking the bank either.

if we are going with say 4 strikers in the squad and he is no 4 after O'Connor. A.N Other & Sodje he could be a decent option :agree:

son of haggart
22-06-2011, 06:47 PM

at least you wouldn't be throwing money down the pan...(or if you were he could get it back for you)

Pedantic_Hibee
22-06-2011, 06:50 PM
He's a decent finisher, I could see him sinking a few teams hopes with some quality goals.

If we could get another centre-back to plug our leaky defence then we'll be laughing. Hopefully his signing won't drain our resources too much but it'll be worth it to see him u-bending a right footer into the corner time and time again.

I've been told by a member of my immediate family that he's signing......my little cistern to be precise.

brog
23-06-2011, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=SillySteve;2836872]In fact the great Nat Lofthouse was a plumber by trade I seem to remember.

It was Tom Finney I believe. Legend has it he often worked on a Saturday morning before playing in afternoon. Mind you in those days players would be sitting on a public bus or train going to the game & mixing happily with the fans.
Re Rory, I was impressed with him in the St J game, he had pace & strength & he wouldn't be the first player to do well 2nd time around.

brydekirk
23-06-2011, 10:05 AM
:agree:
if we are going with say 4 strikers in the squad and he is no 4 after O'Connor. A.N Other & Sodje he could be a decent option :agree:

sven nil
23-06-2011, 10:23 AM
sr johnstone have pulled the plug on him. only hibs and dons in the pipeline now!

Mickey Edwards
23-06-2011, 10:30 AM
as long as he doesn't just go through the motions

GloryGlory
23-06-2011, 11:04 AM
at least you wouldn't be throwing money down the pan...(or if you were he could get it back for you)

Neither would his wages be a drain on resources! :greengrin

truehibernian
23-06-2011, 11:14 AM
sr johnstone have pulled the plug on him. only hibs and dons in the pipeline now!

I believe St Johnstone are close to signing Colin Nish, with St Mirren also keen......that may explain them cooling their interest.

RickyS
23-06-2011, 11:27 AM
according to the BBC its between us and Crawley Town

Iain G
23-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Hope he's not a flash in the pan, perhaps offer a short term deal I hope so that it does all go ballcocks then we would be able to washer hands of him...should I duck.... :greengrin

Mark79
23-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Have we tapped him up?

Iain G
23-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Have we tapped him up?

He misheard when Petrie phoned him and thought he was wanted by DynoRod...

IWasThere2016
23-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I believe St Johnstone are close to signing Colin Nish, with St Mirren also keen......that may explain them cooling their interest.

and have dropped interest in Rory Mac.