View Full Version : Hibs v Celtc Moved To Sunday, 12:30 Kick Off

IanM
21-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Kick off v Celtic - 12.30

this rangers/hearts game has been moved to sunday too

you may know this, in case not better ask for the monday off :wink:

Barney McGrew
21-06-2011, 03:25 PM
....Celtic game has been moved to Sunday 24th, 12.30 kick off.

Dontcha just love satellite TV :rolleyes:

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 03:29 PM
RM is a twat :agree:

.Sean.
21-06-2011, 03:36 PM
A load of ***** but to be honest we all expected it.

Hibby70
....Celtic game has been moved to Sunday 24th, 12.30 kick off.

Dontcha just love satellite TV :rolleyes:
Good stuff, at Wickerman thu - sat so means an early start on sunday morning

JimBHibees
Why are we playing at such a ridiculous time when there are no other football games on anywhere else.

TamHibs
21-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Where did you see this? Nothing confirmed on the official site (shock!)

Although I know you're correct coz I just got a text from Hibs confirming the kick off change

malcky
21-06-2011, 03:38 PM

you may know this, in case not better ask for the monday off :wink:

Great for me il get to go now

Barney McGrew
21-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Why are we playing at such a ridiculous time when there are no other football games on anywhere else.

Look like that's the Sunday kick off time we're going to have to put up with this season then.

So we'll have at least six games kicking off at either 12.30 on the Saturday or 12.30 on the Sunday (two each again the gruesome twosome and Hertz). There's also a 7.45 Monday slot, with the first game on that being Dunfermline v St Mirren.

Imagine having your first game of the season away from home on a Monday night :bitchy:

TamHibs
21-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Look like that's the Sunday kick off time we're going to have to put up with this season then.

So we'll have at least six games kicking off at either 12.30 on the Saturday or 12.30 on the Sunday (two each again the gruesome twosome and Hertz). There's also a 7.45 Monday slot, with the first game on that being Dunfermline v St Mirren.

Imagine having your first game of the season away from home on a Monday night :bitchy:

We had that a couple of years ago, granted it was only up the road at the asbestos bowl. The night a certain Mr Kerr scored for us :wink:

duffers
So frustrating!! Why not even have it on the Saturday lunchtime!?

james62
So basically now only 1 of our first 4 home games will be played on a Saturday

Barney McGrew
21-06-2011, 03:43 PM
So frustrating!! Why not even have it on the Saturday lunchtime!?

The Big Huns play the Wee Huns at Ibrox on the Saturday at 12.30

The Sea-gull
21-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Once it was settled we had Celtic it was always going to be 12/12.30 on the Saturday or Sunday.

If they have to use these times it does seem to make sense that they have the champions kicking off the new season with the first KO on the Saturday.

What I don't get is that, just as a one off, with there being no EPL games why not use the late Saturday afternoon slot or the Sunday 4pm slot. Even a KO time between 1-3pm on the Sunday would be better.

No doubt we'd get palmed off by the TV companies saying they want to establish a regular slot for viewers and not lose viewers by starting things off at one time then shifting to another after a few weeks.

Maybe they plan to show EPL teams preseason friendlies or something which sadly may have more audience appeal than the SPL.

Lunch time KOs, especially on a Sunday, are poor IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Just tried to book the train, waste of time. It does not arrive at waverley until 12.40. :grr:

Saorsa
21-06-2011, 04:25 PM

you may know this, in case not better ask for the monday off :wink:1st game of the season, 12;30 on a Sunday, ****in' wonderful :grr: :fuming: :brickwall :

3pm
21-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Just tried to book the train, waste of time. It does not arrive at waverley until 12.40. :grr:

Am on a stag doo down your way that weekend. F'in bus leaves @ 1.

frazeHFC
21-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes! I can go now. So happy.

lucky
21-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Its no real shock that its been moved. Football sold out to TV in the chase for cash so we all know the games will be moved about.

Baldy Foghorn
21-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Its no real shock that its been moved. Football sold out to TV in the chase for cash so we all know the games will be moved about.

:agree::agree:

Most of Celtic and Rangers away fixtures are usually on the goggle box.....

DaveF
21-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Boooo, I don't get back from holiday until 4pm on Saturday.

Means I can go now :greengrin

HibsMax
21-06-2011, 04:50 PM

Are you ready for some footballllllllllllllll!! (tenuous MNF reference).

To be honest, it sucks. It sucks for everyone. Now I need to get up and start drinking at 7:30 in the morning, earlier if I want to be lit before kick-off.

HibsMax
21-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Is the reason for the early time-slot to try and avoid alcohol-fueled trouble? If not, why not have the game in the evening on Saturday? Is the marker not ready for something like that?

woodythehibee
21-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Can't be good 4 pubs either, pubs around football stadiums need the big games at a reasonable time so they can make more money...it seems that they are not considered either despite the current financial difficulties with pubs closing everywhere

HibsMax
21-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Can't be good 4 pubs either, pubs around football stadiums need the big games at a reasonable time so they can make more money...it seems that they are not considered either despite the current financial difficulties with pubs closing everywhere

It doesn't seem like anyone has been taken into consideration?

Bohemian_Hibee
21-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Crazy timing once again.

On the upside, I'll be sitting on a balcony, in sunny Croatia, laptop beside me, a big bottle of karlovacko even closer......:greengrin

hibeedonald
21-06-2011, 05:17 PM
So annoying, why does it have to be so early!

Cal 7-0
21-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Aye braw, missing that game then!! :rolleyes:

Zondervan
21-06-2011, 05:44 PM
The only reason this game is not kicking off at 3pm on the Sunday is down to one simple reason; Lothian & Borders Police. They may disguise this by blaming Sky/ESPN but the police have to give approval for the kick-off times all Category A Hibs games.

Why could Sky not have picked both games, played them both on Sunday (as they do with the EPL) and billed it as Edinburgh vs Glasgow Super Sunday. And then tell L&B & Strathclyde Police to bolt.

Can the police not do their jobs anymore. It's hard to believe that they used to deal with crowds of around 30k in Edinburgh.
At 3pm.
On a Saturday.

HibsMax
21-06-2011, 05:50 PM
The only reason this game is not kicking off at 3pm on the Sunday is down to one simple reason; Lothian & Borders Police. They may disguise this by blaming Sky/ESPN but the police have to give approval for the kick-off times all Category A Hibs games.

Why could Sky not have picked both games, played them both on Sunday (as they do with the EPL) and billed it as Edinburgh vs Glasgow Super Sunday. And then tell L&B & Strathclyde Police to bolt.

Can the police not do their jobs anymore. It's hard to believe that they used to deal with crowds of around 30k in Edinburgh.
At 3pm.
On a Saturday.

If this is true, who can we contact to put pressure on them to change their ways? Not that they will but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Zondervan
21-06-2011, 06:04 PM
If this is true, who can we contact to put pressure on them to change their ways? Not that they will but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Not sure, but I already emailed Hibs regarding this statement on the ScotPrem website, asking them why the police had made this decision:

"The Hibernian v Aberdeen fixture has been put back 24 hours to Sunday September 11 at the request of the police."

What next? Our 2 home games each season against Aberdeen are now moved from a 3pm Saturday slot?

Removed
21-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I blame all you folk with Sky/ESPN :grr:

HibeeMcGinn1
21-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Although im gutted im missing it, i'll be in a boozer in Ayia Napa with a cold beer and the cabbage top on :wink:

lyonhibs
21-06-2011, 06:44 PM
So annoying, why does it have to be so early!

its not kicking off at 9 in the morning! I assume people consider it to be too 'early' cos u cnt spend 4 hours in the pub b4 kick off??
Its not ideal, bt its not a weekday evening, so we'v got to be thankful for that small mercy!

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2011, 06:46 PM
its not kicking off at 9 in the morning! I assume people consider it to be too 'early' cos u cnt spend 4 hours in the pub b4 kick off??
Its not ideal, bt its not a weekday evening, so we'v got to be thankful for that small mercy!

Its still too early for me.

DaveF
21-06-2011, 06:47 PM

No, but it might as well be.

Midday on a Sunday just isn't right.

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Can't you book into that fabulous hostelry, The Park View Hotel? :rolleyes:

:wink:

Seanair
21-06-2011, 07:04 PM
A load of ***** but to be honest we all expected it.

Correct---When the fixtures came out I actually wrote in my diary "Hibs v Celtic--Sunday, 12 noon or 12.30." No brainer.

007 Mickey Weir
21-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Not sure what the big deal is. This is to be expected. Old firm games and hearts games will now be 12/12.30. It will be that way until we get a better TV deal. Which won't happen anytime soon.

Removed
21-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Not sure what the big deal is. This is to be expected. Old firm games and hearts games will now be 12/12.30. It will be that way until we get a better TV deal. Which won't happen anytime soon.

We will always get the *****y ko times no matter what deal we get.

Punt the old firm then all the games will be 3 on a Saturday :thumbsup:

sahib
21-06-2011, 07:28 PM

I am pretty sure this is to give Sky/espn their biggest tv audience. I am surprised big Scottish games are not played around midnight on a Tuesday when there is nothing else on.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Can't you book into that fabulous hostelry, The Park View Hotel? :rolleyes:

Couldnt fault the place when we went????????????:party::party:

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 10:56 PM
You're easily pleased then G, that's all I'm saying.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2011, 11:00 PM

We had the room on the bottom floor on the left just after the reception. There was 3 double beds a shower and enough space to swing Christian Nade, the room was huge. £25 a head was fine for the 5 or 6 hours we actually slept in the place.

It was clean tidy and did the job, we all said we'd go back again. :greengrin

Removed
21-06-2011, 11:01 PM

You don't drink though. It's amazing how much more attractive things can look though the beer goggles :agree:

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 11:20 PM
You don't drink though. It's amazing how much more attractive things can look though the beer goggles :agree:

I never thot of that. Sober, the place was manky.

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Although im gutted im missing it, i'll be in a boozer in Ayia Napa with a cold beer and the cabbage top on :wink:

Such a part time supporter :greengrin x

NAE NOOKIE
22-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Just an utter utter utter pain in the arse !!!

Ruins match day for me. SKY and / or L&BP can get stuffed !!!

:fuming:

frazeHFC
24-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Not sure, but I already emailed Hibs regarding this statement on the ScotPrem website, asking them why the police had made this decision:

"The Hibernian v Aberdeen fixture has been put back 24 hours to Sunday September 11 at the request of the police."

What next? Our 2 home games each season against Aberdeen are now moved from a 3pm Saturday slot?

What difference does it make at all moving it? It is annoying enough playing the OF on Sundays.

HibbyAndy
24-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Ive actually got a party on the Saturday night, So depends what state i wake up in :greengrin If im still rubbered its a day in with Sky sports and if not its a mental dash doon tae the Holy grail :thumbsup:

3pm
24-06-2011, 06:44 AM
We had the room on the bottom floor on the left just after the reception. There was 3 double beds a shower and enough space to swing Christian Nade, the room was huge. £25 a head was fine for the 5 or 6 hours we actually slept in the place.

It was clean tidy and did the job, we all said we'd go back again. :greengrin

Sounds like Ryan Giggs.

bruno
24-06-2011, 06:51 AM

Must be very easily pleased the biggest hole of a guest house I've ever seen.