View Full Version : ceefax is deed

21-06-2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13851016

The analogue signal will be turned off at the main Black Hill transmitter and local relay transmitters in Central Scotland just after midnight

RIP ceefax :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

21-06-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13851016

The analogue signal will be turned off at the main Black Hill transmitter and local relay transmitters in Central Scotland just after midnight

RIP ceefax :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

:agree: & not forgetting Oracle, the ITV version of teletext.

21-06-2011, 01:40 PM
It used to be the only way of getting the NFL scores. unless you tried to get a crackly radio reception from US Army Radio in Germany :-)

The internet really changed everything.

21-06-2011, 01:48 PM
It used to be the only way of getting the NFL scores. unless you tried to get a crackly radio reception from US Army Radio in Germany :-)

The internet really changed everything.

The internet has ruined everything! (Or most things).

21-06-2011, 02:45 PM

The internet is a great thing, ruined by greed.

21-06-2011, 06:04 PM

Can you still buy Razzle :dunno:

21-06-2011, 07:35 PM

I think that a lot more myself.

21-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Ceefax was the best tool for keep up to date with your FO coupon until Sky Sports arrived.

21-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Watched many a Hibs game on Ceefax. Waiting on that square in the corner to change to the page number....and waiting....and waiting....

21-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Watched many a Hibs game on Ceefax. Waiting on that square in the corner to change to the page number....and waiting....and waiting....

And then shouting 'Aw for ***** sake.'

Usually.

21-06-2011, 10:17 PM
And then shouting 'Aw for ***** sake.'

Usually.

Aye. Frantically trying to find the remote to see who's scored, to find out it wisnae Hibs.

21-06-2011, 11:51 PM
tell me Channel 4's Bamboozle ain't gone as well.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's it, this world is too techy for me :dead:

22-06-2011, 12:27 AM
tell me Channel 4's Bamboozle ain't gone as well.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:greengrin Used to love playing that. You got so far then you would get one wrong and get a message saying "Bad luck you've been Bamboozled." :grr:

Then you had to go back about 3 questions.

I did manage to find a TV where it was so slow in going to the page that told you if you were correct or not that you could actually tell if your answer was right by looking at the page number that it was trying to find. If it was going to the "bamboozled" page then you had the chance to press another colour to get it right. :thumbsup:

Loved that game. :agree:

I was usually only any good at the Buster one on a Saturday (I think it was) which was for the kids. :greengrin

22-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Did anyone ever try to watch a penalty shoot-out on Ceefax? They always seemed to put it on a two page (at least!) rotation with the score.:grr::grr::grr::grr:

22-06-2011, 08:12 PM
:greengrin Used to love playing that. You got so far then you would get one wrong and get a message saying "Bad luck you've been Bamboozled." :grr:

Then you had to go back about 3 questions.

I did manage to find a TV where it was so slow in going to the page that told you if you were correct or not that you could actually tell if your answer was right by looking at the page number that it was trying to find. If it was going to the "bamboozled" page then you had the chance to press another colour to get it right. :thumbsup:

Loved that game. :agree:

I was usually only any good at the Buster one on a Saturday (I think it was) which was for the kids. :greengrin
Bamboozle was solid! The Saturday edition with Bamber Boozle was far, far easier! :greengrin

Remember the cheesy wee scorecard!? :faf:

On another note, how on Earth did you play chess on Ceefax?

chorley_fm
22-06-2011, 08:30 PM

says the man with a twitter handle :confused: