PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Hibees

Lost_Mackem
21-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Sunderland fan here, looking at coming up to Edinburgh for the friendly game on August 6th. Just wondering if you could let me know whether there are any pubs near the ground that are away fan friendly or whether me and my chums should stay in the city centre pre-game before making the journey to the ground closer to kick-off?

Heard there could actually be some trouble between the supporters for whatever reason and we don't really fancy being in the middle of it. Cheers.

Mikey
21-06-2011, 12:35 PM
If you're getting the train there's an excellent pub called The Guildford very close to the train station. You can get a bus down to ER from there but if there are 4 or 5 of you you'll be as well getting a taxi as it'll cost about the same each.

You won't get any trouble from the Hibs fans in pubs near the ground but if there are lads out looking for trouble it might find you!

There's always the Hibs Club too which is much closer to the ground. You should get in there ok.

Future17
21-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't think there will be any trouble. There are always idiots who see these friendlies as an opportunity to re-fight Culloden, but they are a very small minority and wouldn't get away with any of that kind of nonsense in the pubs around the ground.

Having said that, if you feel safer sticking to the city centre, the ground is only a 20 min walk from Waverley train station or 5 mins in a taxi.

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Sunderland fan here, looking at coming up to Edinburgh for the friendly game on August 6th. Just wondering if you could let me know whether there are any pubs near the ground that are away fan friendly or whether me and my chums should stay in the city centre pre-game before making the journey to the ground closer to kick-off?

Heard there could actually be some trouble between the supporters for whatever reason and we don't really fancy being in the middle of it. Cheers.

Middletons pub near the top of Easter Road is usually an Away pub.

Greentinted
21-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Plenty decent pubs from the top of Leith Street (pretty much where the Waverley Station is situated) to Easter Road via Lieth Walk.

As for 'trouble'. highly doubtful; I read that thread on a Sunderland forum and thought it all a bit silly!!!:wink:

You'll be fine.

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Just watch out for dual supporting fan who has a fetish for spankings :slipper::slipper:

hibeesdude
21-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Black bull at top of leith street is an interesting wee boozer with a great jukebox... No football colours allowed though

Dunbar Hibee
21-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Artisan bar along from the top of Easter Road is a good boozer.

Wembley67
21-06-2011, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't think there will be any trouble. There are always idiots who see these friendlies as an opportunity to re-fight Culloden, but they are a very small minority and wouldn't get away with any of that kind of nonsense in the pubs around the ground.

Having said that, if you feel safer sticking to the city centre, the ground is only a 20 min walk from Waverley train station or 5 mins in a taxi.

Wouldn't be too sure about that, there was a big mob up from sunderland last time but hibs pretty much crapped it due to being heavily outnumbered

Hibercelona
21-06-2011, 02:37 PM
You'll have no hassle mate.....

Just don't go near the other half of Edinburgh, thats where the outlanders stay. :wink:

Lost_Mackem
21-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Cheers lads. There will probably be a few thousand of us come north, usually good banter whenever Sunderland fans travel away from home.

EskbankHibby
21-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Cheers lads. There will probably be a few thousand of us come north, usually good banter whenever Sunderland fans travel away from home.

Got a few pals who are Sunderland fans, have a good weekend mate :aok:. Shouldn't be any bother apart from those (on both sides) who go looking for it.