PDA

View Full Version : Yams HOMFC knew about Thomson six months before he was arrested

itchy07
21-06-2011, 11:29 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Hearts-warned-over-Craig-.6788641.jp

It would seem, that in fact Fat Jim did know!:ostrich:

--------
21-06-2011, 11:43 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Hearts-warned-over-Craig-.6788641.jp

And that the club were sufficiently unconcerned to continue to allow Thomson to represent them to young fans.

IndieHibby
21-06-2011, 11:47 AM
As far as the club's image goes, this is nothing short of a disaster.

Have they announced his suspension pending the meeting that he is/was supposed to be having with Vlad?

If not, this is clearly an opportunity missed. If not, it suggests there is no-one in the club with the authority to do it (or the courage of conviction).

Whichever way you cut it, they are a shambles.

Beefster
21-06-2011, 11:49 AM

Which, it would appear, means that the offences that resulted in convictions were not the first time that he had been grooming kids.

MyJo
21-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Rotten to the core.

Albion Hibs
21-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I can perhaps see why the club played him, I do not think it is right personally, but I guess there is an agrument that he is innocent until proven guilty would feature in some form of employment action if he wanted to go down that right.

As for possing for photos and doing PR for the club, that is nothing short of outragious especially considering the events. They should really have a look at themselves for that.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Petty. :rolleyes:

Springbank
21-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I can perhaps see why the club played him, I do not think it is right personally, but I guess there is an agrument that he is innocent until proven guilty would feature in some form of employment action if he wanted to go down that right.

As for possing for photos and doing PR for the club, that is nothing short of outragious especially considering the events. They should really have a look at themselves for that.

This is the key

Speaking as a parent, this is far from petty.

As far as I know sex offenders are the most likely to commit similar offences in future.

I don't know why he is out to perpetrate his brand of jambo filth again.

Queue behind me, I'm first in line when he gets to Easter Road

1875er
21-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Rotten to the core.

Spot on.

A disgrace of a club that has sunk to new depths...

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Manxhibs
21-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Didn't think I could think any less of them but this takes the biscuit, despicable club

cabbageandribs1875
21-06-2011, 12:24 PM
said it for years, HoMoFC= a thoroughly immoral football club riddled with sexual deviants/villians/crooks from top to bottom, did the wonga people not do any investigations on this vile club before sponsoring them ????:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2011, 12:25 PM
This is the key

Speaking as a parent, this is far from petty.

As far as I know sex offenders are the most likely to commit similar offences in future.

I don't know why he is out to perpetrate his brand of jambo filth again.

Queue behind me, I'm first in line when he gets to Easter Road

You're enjoying this aren't you. I bet you're prepared to do time.

JimBHibees
21-06-2011, 12:34 PM
As for posing for photos and doing PR for the club, that is nothing short of outrageous especially considering the events. They should really have a look at themselves for that.

Bad enough in the circumstances however given it was for Barnardo's is absolutely unbelieveable.

Seveno
21-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I was astounded that he wasn't given a jail term.

Apparently, Kickback is going into meltdown over the club's failure to act. Seems like they do have some decent supporters. Sadly, Vlad's mind will be concentrating on the possible loss of a valuable asset.

Removed
21-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Sadly, Vlad's mind will be concentrating on the possible loss of a valuable asset.

:agree: that's why I thought that they would try and ride it out till something else is in the headlines.

silverhibee
21-06-2011, 12:45 PM
He will be sacked this week, the yams have no option now. Beast.

Tricla
21-06-2011, 12:46 PM

Hertz rock like! They are a trainwreck of a club!

I couldn't care if they do better than us on the park (sometimes). I'd rather follow a classy club like the Edinburgh Hibees any day.

Big Frank
21-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Lets be clear. I hate yams. I can't stand their club.

However, they have to assume that their employee is innocent until proven guilty. The fact they were given the heads up by a parent is actually neither here nor there.... same as the fact that they knew one of their employees was up in court for despicable offence.

So pre sentencing, the yammish have done no wrong, and would expect Hibernian FC to have done exactly the same.

NOW its a different ball game. They have a convicted sex pest on their books. They have only one course of action, and that is to release him from their employment. Anything else is completely unacceptable IMO. Its unfair on their fans (yes, there ARE decent yams out there, you just need to look abit harder), and its unfair on their name.

This is a really serious offence, go look at children of 12years old. FFS.

Too serious for point scoring over the yams IMO.

Greentinted
21-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I've not contributed thus far on the large thread pertaining to Thomson and his confirmed proclivities but did comment on the deleted thread.

Having kept a close eye on the media reports and spoken with people who know the offender in question and other protagonists, I remain loath to use the lamentable episode as a tribal point scoring excercise, choosing to view the affair in isolation (in terms of the individual involved).

Looking at the overview and various reports it does seem that persons at Hearts were made aware of Thomson's behaviour but at this time the source of this is an unnamed one at The Daily Record.

I mentioned that Thomson, at the time of the initial story breaking, gave a seriously diluted version of events to Gary Locke who reported back to Tynecastle. Unfortunatley he (CT) was apparently less than candid with GL and it wasn't until it was clear his crimes were to be aired in public that he came clean as to the gravity of his offending. Locke and then Jeffries, were subsequently (and understandably) livid at both the nature of the offences and the deceit of CT in trying to trivialise his actions.

I am one of the first to knock the nasty practices Hearts have been involved in and yes, their recent history is disastrous, but I'm convinced that Jeffries was unaware of the whole sorry saga until very recently.

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that certain individuals and, in particular, colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

One thing is certain though, and that is Hearts have a long way to go to regain any credibility as it is an organisation whose stock is at an all time low. They really need to clean their act up pronto!

Hibiza
21-06-2011, 01:00 PM
give the boy a chance to explain, jambo or not. called the judicial system.

oldbutdim
21-06-2011, 01:03 PM

You do know he's been found guilty?
:confused:

PaulSmith
21-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Erm, he did and decided not to defend himself and pled guilty

Hibs On Tour
21-06-2011, 01:15 PM

He did have. He chose to put his hands up and admit he is a beast.

As another poster says, far too serious for point-scoring over the yams. Guy is ****, simple as. They have no choice but to bin him and to be fair I have no doubts they will.

Hopefully CT [and all of his ilk] takes a very long walk off the top of a very tall building...

--------
21-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I've not contributed thus far on the large thread pertaining to Thomson and his confirmed proclivities but did comment on the deleted thread.

Having kept a close eye on the media reports and spoken with people who know the offender in question and other protagonists, I remain loath to use the lamentable episode as a tribal point scoring excercise, choosing to view the affair in isolation (in terms of the individual involved).

Looking at the overview and various reports it does seem that persons at Hearts were made aware of Thomson's behaviour but at this time the source of this is an unnamed one at The Daily Record.

I mentioned that Thomson, at the time of the initial story breaking, gave a seriously diluted version of events to Gary Locke who reported back to Tynecastle. Unfortunatley he (CT) was apparently less than candid with GL and it wasn't until it was clear his crimes were to be aired in public that he came clean as to the gravity of his offending. Locke and then Jeffries, were subsequently (and understandably) livid at both the nature of the offences and the deceit of CT in trying to trivialise his actions.

I am one of the first to knock the nasty practices Hearts have been involved in and yes, their recent history is disastrous, but I'm convinced that Jeffries was unaware of the whole sorry saga until very recently.

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that individuals and colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

One thing is certain though, and that is Hearts have a long way to go to regain any credibility as it is an organisation whose stock is at an all time low. They really need to clean their act up pronto!

This is good sense. :top marks

I find it very hard indeed to believe that JJ, BB, or GL would condone Thomson's behaviour or effectively facilitate access to children for anyone accused of sexual offences against minors. Make that next to impossible.

What I would say is that knowing how very careful we have to be when dealing with children in the Church - everyone dealing with children in any way HAS to be cleared through the police database and no one is allowed access to children until he/she HAS been cleared - it would have been common prudence for Hearts to have investigated further after GL reported back, particularly in light of the previous parental complaint. It's a little naive of them to have taken Thomson's account as true without further investigation. They should also, IMO, have taken that original complaint more seriously than they appear to have done.

So, apologies for my post #2. I was posting in ignorance and jumping to conclusions.

Hibiza
21-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry, I didn't know.

KeithTheHibby
21-06-2011, 01:23 PM

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that individuals and colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

Good post.

Their stock has been low ever since they appointed Graham Rix so it would not surprise me if they kept CT on.
I am not sure this sort of thing will worry Romanov one bit.

Baldy Foghorn
21-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Rotten to the core.

:agree::agree:

Totally disgusting and horrible establishment

Frazerbob
21-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Despicable club, with despicable fans, despicable players, despicable manager and a despicable owner.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't find this funny at all and I don't intend to score points with Hearts over this.

However this is an extremely serious revelation and Hearts must address this accusation. If it's true that they were aware of the allegations Craig Thomson faced then it's, at best, completely irresponsible of them to have allowed Thomson to continue to make appearances at kids' events and to appear at a photo opportunity for Barnardo's.

I sincerely hope that this isn't true to be perfectly honest. I'm just as game as the next person when it comes to slating Hearts for their debt levels, the inane comments of their madcap owner and their ridiculous redevelopment plans.

However, if this latest story is correct and key people at Hearts were fully aware of the suspicions surrounding Craig Thomson and failed to act accordingly then it really would take Hearts as a club into unparalleled depths of despair.

I completely disagree with the poster who said that Hearts did nothing wrong because at that point he hadn't been convicted of anything. As soon as allegations of this nature come to light then responsible companies/clubs/businesses (whatever you want to call it) have a duty to protect the public and also their name.

As soon as an allegation like this came about, Craig Thomson should have been suspended from all public duties relating to Hearts, pending a full investigation by the club and once it became a legal case, his suspension should have continued until its conclusion. If he was found not guilty then that's fine, he can return to doing things as normal.

I would expect any responsible company to do this, if it was concerning one of their employees.

Of course anyone accused of a crime should be presumed innocent until proven guilty but there is such a thing as protecting your interests and when it comes to vulnerable members of society, such as children, then their interests must come first.

Hibercelona
21-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't find this funny at all and I don't intend to score points with Hearts over this.

However this is an extremely serious revelation and Hearts must address this accusation. If it's true that they were aware of the allegations Craig Thomson faced then it's, at best, completely irresponsible of them to have allowed Thomson to continue to make appearances at kids' events and to appear at a photo opportunity for Barnardo's.

I sincerely hope that this isn't true to be perfectly honest. I'm just as game as the next person when it comes to slating Hearts for their debt levels, the inane comments of their madcap owner and their ridiculous redevelopment plans.

However, if this latest story is correct and key people at Hearts were fully aware of the suspicions surrounding Craig Thomson and failed to act accordingly then it really would take Hearts as a club into unparalleled depths of despair.

I completely disagree with the poster who said that Hearts did nothing wrong because at that point he hadn't been convicted of anything. As soon as allegations of this nature come to light then responsible companies/clubs/businesses (whatever you want to call it) have a duty to protect the public and also their name.

As soon as an allegation like this came about, Craig Thomson should have been suspended from all public duties relating to Hearts, pending a full investigation by the club and once it became a legal case, his suspension should have continued until its conclusion. If he was found not guilty then that's fine, he can return to doing things as normal.

I would expect any responsible company to do this, if it was concerning one of their employees.

Of course anyone accused of a crime should be presumed innocent until proven guilty but there is such a thing as protecting your interests and when it comes to vulnerable members of society, such as children, then their interests must come first.

:top marks

hibsbollah
21-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't find this funny at all and I don't intend to score points with Hearts over this

I suspect you will be in a minority here. The East Stand will have a field day at the next derby...as im sure the yams would if the positions were reversed.

KeithTheHibby
21-06-2011, 01:35 PM

This is Hearts FC we are talking about.

Excellent post all the same.

--------
21-06-2011, 01:39 PM

:agree:

Your last three paragraphs put the matter in a nutshell. There was no need for Thomson to be employed in anything involving contact with minors. To have allowed him to be in a publicity shoot for Barnardo's was, as you say, completely irresponsible.

His employment rights could easily have been protected without compromising his position when he came to trial.

I see that the newspaper states that Thomson was at the signing session and did the photo-shoot AFTER charges had been brought. That makes it much worse.

CallumLaidlaw
21-06-2011, 01:46 PM
said it for years, HoMoFC= a thoroughly immoral football club riddled with sexual deviants/villians/crooks from top to bottom, did the wonga people not do any investigations on this vile club before sponsoring them ????:confused:

Seeing as wonga are one of these companies that are nothing more
Than legalised loansharking, I personally think they are a match made in heaven!

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Sorry, I didn't know.

Fat Jim did

1950's hibbie
21-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Having been an employer I would suggest if a parent phoned me with such information I would have referred them to the police. I would not have taken disciplinary action at this time, not feeling I was competent to conduct an investigation. I would have told the employee that I would await the result of the police investigation if any, and deem my actions on what transpired with that and any Court proceedings.

At this stage conviction having been made and fines paid I would have terminated the employee for bringing disrepute on my company. Hearts being the type of business they are, and that contracts are involved have to be careful how they go about this to avoid making a mistake and be in breach of contract.

With regard to Thomson playing for them prior to his Court appearance, I would say that if they hadn't they could have jeopardised the case by suspending him giving an impression of guilt, this would have been worse than the present situation if he had gotten off with this despicable act.

I would agree with those who say this is not a time for one upmanship, it shows a lack of respect for the victims and their families.

Suburban Hibby
21-06-2011, 01:55 PM

However, they have to assume that their employee is innocent until proven guilty. The fact they were given the heads up by a parent is actually neither here nor there.... same as the fact that they knew one of their employees was up in court for despicable offence.

So pre sentencing, the yammish have done no wrong, and would expect Hibernian FC to have done exactly the same.

NOW its a different ball game. They have a convicted sex pest on their books. They have only one course of action, and that is to release him from their employment. Anything else is completely unacceptable IMO. Its unfair on their fans (yes, there ARE decent yams out there, you just need to look abit harder), and its unfair on their name.

Agree 100%- this is beyond claiming moral high ground, this is beyond football. All fans, except from the really stupid will be disgusted with this and the Yams , as a club, need to act for their own sakes. not CT's sake- he is goosed but for the sake of their club.

Sammy7nil
21-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Despicable club, with despicable fans, despicable players, despicable manager and a despicable owner.

I have been told CT and his family were all Hibs fans as was the gun totting Jambo.

Hibercelona
21-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I have been told CT and his family were all Hibs fans as was the gun totting Jambo.

Its funny how all the fannies spawned at that institution are apparently all hibbys in disguise.... :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
21-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Its funny how all the fannies spawned at that institution are apparently all hibbys in disguise.... :rolleyes:

I know a guy who works with his dad who was a Hibby and is said to be devastated by this.

Hibercelona
21-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I know a guy who works with his dad who was a Hibby and is said to be devastated by this.

Perhaps he does have hibbys in his family as I do Yambos (as ashamed as I am to admit it :embarrass) But that doesn't make the player in question a Hibby.

Although he may well be, or he may well not be. It's irrelevant I suppose.

But it wont stop those lot from claiming that every ersehole that comes through their ranks are followers of Hibernian FC.

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Widely said on here before any of this came out. Now here is a thing, what if he is sacked by the smellygorgiecrew and turns up at ER for the next derby, in the East?

greenginger
21-06-2011, 02:39 PM

WONGA !! Why would they care, they sponsor Blackpool F C don't they and their chairman/owner Owen Oyston did a 6 year stretch for rape.

As the proverb says " Birds of a feather flock together "

Greentinted
21-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Widely said on here before any of this came out. Now here is a thing, what if he is sacked by the smellygorgiecrew and turns up at ER for the next derby, in the East?

Can individuals not be banned from stadia on pre-emptory safety grounds?
Not sure how a contingency like this would work in practice though, but I would imagine this could be dealt with by pre-match consultation with the Match Commander/Security Company and Hibs (or whoever)!

Hibercelona
21-06-2011, 02:43 PM

I reckon he won't be showing his face or any part of himself around Edinburgh again.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2011, 02:48 PM

At the end of the day, he's faced his trial, he's been given his punishment and that's it finished with. Although I personally believe he should currently be serving a prison sentence, the judge in his case obviously didn't feel that a custodial sentence was appropriate.

Whilst his conviction should undoubtedly have an impact on his future job prospects, it should have no bearing on what he chooses to do in his daily life, so long as he doesn't break any laws and keeps to the terms of registering as a sex offender for the next five years.

If he turns up at Easter Road, I'm not sure that there's anything that anyone can do about it.

I'm sure there's lots of football fans who turn up at grounds every single week, who have a criminal record.

happiehibbie
21-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Guys as you know I have been doing a bit with the hearts while my mate was ill.
I can assure you they as in hearts where in shock when the full details came out .

I belive they have no option and will sack him. its easy to have a pop at hearts about this situation am sure they will deal with it in the right matter. i do however wonder why its taking so long could be due to Admin staff being on holiday.

there supporters dont want him there and a fuming he is still there even the people i know behind the scenes

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2011, 02:50 PM
At the end of the day, he's faced his trial, he's been given his punishment and that's it finished with. Although I personally believe he should currently be serving a prison sentence, the judge in his case obviously didn't feel that a custodial sentence was appropriate.

Whilst his conviction should undoubtedly have an impact on his future job prospects, it should have no bearing on what he chooses to do in his daily life, so long as he doesn't break any laws and keeps to the terms of registering as a sex offender for the next five years.

If he turns up at Easter Road, I'm not sure that there's anything that anyone can do about it.

I'm sure there's lots of football fans who turn up at grounds every single week, who have a criminal record.

I don't disagree. I can hear a particular song being sung in my head now. Do you think it is proper and ethical, one to sing that song as a wind up to the smellygorgietramps, and secondly, does it make a difference if he is there with a Hibs scarf on?

steviehibsleith
21-06-2011, 03:34 PM

You are right many do but theres a big differnce between GBH ABH breach of the peace or fraud compared to sex offender ! Go in the Tor loch inn bottom shop any boozer you want or Easter road there will be people who have made mistakes but no one i know is in the same boat as CT ! he is in a differnt category and his face is well known so theres no hiding place. He will attract trouble and i think the judge who sentanced him didnt give a custodial sentance because he knew the punishment he gave is severe . Hes gonna get the sack from hearts and what team in the UK will go for him. Abroad will be hard also countries like the US wont even let him in again ever as hes a sex offender .

Franck Stanton
21-06-2011, 03:45 PM

part of your post is correct,..........however, IF Hibs had been informed of one of their players/employees had been indulging in this sad activity do you honestly think they would let him do PR work with children ? The VERY least the yams should have done was distance Thomson from any sort of PR work, thereby a] taking him out of the media spotlight, b] not having someone, allegedly, [at that time], representing their club. So to say it is unfair on their name is, IMO, not correct as there were some simple steps they could have done to distance themselves from the offences now proven to have been committed.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2011, 03:48 PM

I speak as a parent who has had close dealings with a similar offender being granted access (without my knowledge) to my kids - and yes, I did react violently - and the whole thing sickens me to the marrow, but to suggest that certain individuals and, in particular, colleagues of CT continued to, essentially, endorse his presence in full knowledge of his offending is too far for me to believe. I would hope that the likes of Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown, Gary Locke and others on the playing/coaching staff can plead sincere ignorance as the alternative would, in effect make them all complicit in paedophilia.

A balanced and thoughtful post.

zemmama
21-06-2011, 04:02 PM
away down in gorgie at tinycastle park, theres a wee fitbaw team and they think there all that, with millions of debt and a crap wee pink ground, there the laughing stock of football pound for pound.........
B.E.A.S.T.S if you canny spell it then heres what it says... beasts beasts horrible beasts its down at tinycastle they prey, the boys in maroon are the beasts o the town and auld reekie supports them with pride.
this is there story, this is there song............. follow the BEASTS and you will be wrong.
for some say that rixy and glitter were bad... but the edinburgh hearts are the worst o the land
:taxi

essexhibee
21-06-2011, 04:11 PM

Craig Thomson hibee my arse. Did anyone not see him give it when taking a corner to at the East? Grabbed his shirt and pulled it down as if to egg on the hibs support. Away and rot you beast. :bye:

HFC 0-7
21-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Guys as you know I have been doing a bit with the hearts while my mate was ill.
I can assure you they as in hearts where in shock when the full details came out .

I belive they have no option and will sack him. its easy to have a pop at hearts about this situation am sure they will deal with it in the right matter. i do however wonder why its taking so long could be due to Admin staff being on holiday.

there supporters dont want him there and a fuming he is still there even the people i know behind the scenes

hearts did know something was up though, they had a few parent complaining. Even if he was not found guilty at the that time he should have been pulled from teaching PE, photo shoots with children etc until it had been investigated fully to conclusion. I am pretty sure that if a teacher had an allegation on them of this nature they would be suspended with full pay until it was investigated, hearts at the very least should have stopped him interacting with children until it had all been resolved.

.Sean.
21-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Euch. Shower of tinky Hertz beasts.

What bunch of ****ing rotters :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I was astounded that he wasn't given a jail term.

Apparently, Kickback is going into meltdown over the club's failure to act. Seems like they do have some decent supporters. Sadly, Vlad's mind will be concentrating on the possible loss of a valuable asset.

I was going to post this on the thread on The Holy Ground. I gave the thread on KB a few days to settle down then had a good read through it earlier today. The initial 2 or 3 pages made for worrying reading, but, as more and more details have emerged the vast majority of views expressed were just what you would expect to see here if he played for us.

It such a grave and emotive issue and not really one to be point scoring about.
I'm confident he'll be emptied sometime soon.

I did have to chuckle at a Hearts supporter getting his knickers in a twist about a post he quoted from .net. If he had read it properly he would've realised it was posts originally made on KB that had been quoted!

degenerated
21-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I was going to post this on the thread on The Holy Ground. I gave the thread on KB a few days to settle down then had a good read through it earlier today. The initial 2 or 3 pages made for worrying reading, but, as more and more details have emerged the vast majority of views expressed were just what you would expect to see here if he played for us.

It such a grave and emotive issue and not really one to be point scoring about.
I'm confident he'll be emptied sometime soon.

i'm not, if they were going to do it they should have done it by now:agree:

they'll be able to call their new ground the Knew Camp Stadium

Pedantic_Hibee
21-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Given the establishment clubs propensity for hiring and rewarding convicted offenders, if wouldn't surprise me if they hand Thomson a 5 year contract and a new laptop.

What a truly horrible, morally bankrupt club. They actually disgust me.

It's bad enough they withhold payment to the den mothers, shaft smaller clubs seeking payment and your everyday labourer/contractor, but to publically tolerate beasts and allow them to mingle with kids is sick to the core.

Just shut them down and do Scotland a favour, they're an embarrassment, a hideous pockmark on the face of society.

weonlywon6-2
21-06-2011, 06:15 PM

I completely disagree with the poster who said that Hearts did nothing wrong because at that point he hadn't been convicted of anything. As soon as allegations of this nature come to light then responsible companies/clubs/businesses (whatever you want to call it) have a duty to protect the public and also their name. As soon as an allegation like this came about, Craig Thomson should have been suspended from all public duties relating to Hearts, pending a full investigation by the club and once it became a legal case, his suspension should have continued until its conclusion. If he was found not guilty then that's fine, he can return to doing things as normal.

hearts probably didnt empty him when the allegations came out as he was still to stand trial.
they should have shoved him into the background whilst it all went on.
hearts cannot control what their players do,much like all other clubs but they should have emptied him on conviction.i think they will regret not taking any action.
mind you,they had an RSO as a manager so why not have a player as well !!!

Removed
21-06-2011, 06:28 PM
i'm not, if they were going to do it they should have done it by now:agree:

Me neither. Nothing more Vlad likes than feeling the world is against him.

sixtwo
21-06-2011, 06:29 PM
He was considered as an asset by hearts. He was a goalscoring full back who was capped at under 21 level. If this had not come out, hearts would probably have valued him at £500k+.

This may explain why it is taking so long for them to dispose of the beast.

To a normal, healthy, decent football club the decision is simple. Tear up his contract, give him a massive punt up the arse and tell him never to come back again.

Hearts are not a normal club.

MyJo
21-06-2011, 06:56 PM
He was considered as an asset by hearts. He was a goalscoring full back who was capped at under 21 level. If this had not come out, hearts would probably have valued him at £500k+.

This may explain why it is taking so long for them to dispose of the beast..

Realistically if he isnt fired which club are going to even look twice at him now never mind pay over £500k for his services. He was an asset, he is now worthless as a human and a football player.

To a normal, healthy, decent football club the decision is simple. Tear up his contract, give him a massive punt up the arse and tell him never to come back again.

Hearts are not a normal club.

spot on. Its really quite a feat of epic proportions on the part of Thomson to actually make the club look even worse than it has done so far under Vlad's rule :greengrin

Jack
21-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Think vladimir might want to punt it to one of his other clubs?

MyJo
21-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Think vladimir might want to punt it to one of his other clubs?

Beastiktas :dunno:

fat freddy
21-06-2011, 07:33 PM
or (B)east Fife?

Removed
21-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Beastiktas :dunno:

Shouldn't laugh but I did :greengrin

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Fantastic journalism from the EEN as per.
Reporter must have been reading the Daily ****** on his teabreak this morning. :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
21-06-2011, 07:55 PM
what on earth are wills and kate gonna think about all this sordid stuff ? :bitchy: i mean, will they still want to be associated with Edinburghs manky mob.

Badge
21-06-2011, 08:08 PM
He will be sacked this week, the yams have no option now. Beast.
How can they do that? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they employ Rix after he had committed his offence. Would that not mean that by sacking an employee now they would be leaving themselves open to being sued for unfair dismissal? No expert on employment law but I can't see how they can treat employees differently particularly after employing someone who they knew had a criminal record for this sort of thing.

Removed
21-06-2011, 08:11 PM
How can they do that? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they employ Rix after he had committed his offence. Would that not mean that by sacking an employee now they would be leaving themselves open to being sued for unfair dismissal? No expert on employment law but I can't see how they can treat employees differently particularly after employing someone who they knew had a criminal record for this sort of thing.

But Rix wasn't sacked for that reason was he, just for being a pish manager.

Edit: on re reading I'm not sure if you mean Thomson could sue for unfair dismissal or Rix :confused: No idea about that :dunno:

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 08:12 PM

It's called gross misconduct and they can sack him if they want to.

Badge
21-06-2011, 08:19 PM
But Rix wasn't sacked for that reason was he, just for being a pish manager.

Edit: on re reading I'm not sure if you mean Thomson could sue for unfair dismissal or Rix :confused: No idea about that :dunno:

Thomson

Badge
21-06-2011, 08:22 PM
It's called gross misconduct and they can sack him if they want to.
I just find it strange that a business could employ someone with that record and could then turn round and sack someone for getting that record. Double standards, but I suppose it is them.

Removed
21-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Thomson

Get your point now and its a logical one to me. They sack him for an offence that a previous employee had when appointed. That's what I'd call checkmate. Any employment lawyers on here?

Sir David Gray
21-06-2011, 08:25 PM
hearts probably didnt empty him when the allegations came out as he was still to stand trial.
they should have shoved him into the background whilst it all went on.
hearts cannot control what their players do,much like all other clubs but they should have emptied him on conviction.i think they will regret not taking any action.
mind you,they had an RSO as a manager so why not have a player as well !!!

I wasn't talking about Hearts sacking him before the trial. What I said is basically what you have said.

Hearts should have suspended him from all public duties as soon as the accusations were made, whilst Hearts did a full investigation. When it became a legal matter, the suspension should have continued until its conclusion.

Now that he's been convicted and been forced to register as a sex offender, Hearts must do the right thing and sack him.

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Get your point now and its a logical one to me. They sack him for an offence that a previous employee had when appointed. That's what I'd call checkmate. Any employment lawyers on here?

Rix had already served his sentence, prior to his employment with Hearts. No issue.

Thomson committed his offence whilst in their employ. Gross misconduct. Sackable offence.

Removed
21-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Rix had already served his sentence, prior to his employment with Hearts. No issue.

Thomson committed his offence whilst in their employ. Gross misconduct. Sackable offence.

I really don't see the difference tbh.

Badge
21-06-2011, 08:35 PM

Aye, fair enough.

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I really don't see the difference tbh.

I do :greengrin

Kevvy1875
21-06-2011, 08:36 PM
All this Thomson business got me thinking........dangerous I know:wink:

Anyway.....Hearts employed a known Sex criminal in 2006 as their first team coach. At any football team the first team coach would be considered a role model especially for the young players. Thomson would have been what 14 at this time? Was he with the club...I don't even know. However...the point is that HMFC by employing a sex case as their 1st team coach may have inadvertently sent out a message to their employee's that this sort of thing is tolerated.

Long and short....Thomson has been brought through an institution that tolerates Sex offenders. Is it really a surprise that one of their home grown players has turned out a wrong un?

I think in most cases and in any walk of life your working career and your attitudes are heavily influenced by your manager or gaffer. This may have no bearing on Craig Thomson's circumstances but you do wonder......

southfieldshibby
21-06-2011, 08:37 PM

I just want to know if footballers are contractors or employees. The actions of any organisation are different depending on the status of the individual.

While not trying to divert from the issue, i can't believe that people of the integrity of JJ (yes he has it) etc, would be swayed in matters such as this.

Removed
21-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I do :greengrin

:greengrin But does :Romanov:

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I just want to know if footballers are contractors or employees. The actions of any organisation are different depending on the status of the individual.

While not trying to divert from the issue, i can't believe that people of the integrity of JJ (yes he has it) etc, would be swayed in matters such as this.

Employees.

Removed
21-06-2011, 08:41 PM

JJ has integrity, really?

If he did have he wouldn't have set foot in the pink palace whilst Romanov has control.

He'll bend over imo. He hasn't got the balls to walk.

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 08:44 PM

Same scenario would be them employing a convicted drug dealer who had paid his dues and one of their employees being convicted of drug dealing whilst employed by them.

Removed
21-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Same scenario would be them employing a convicted drug dealer who had paid his dues and one of their employees being convicted of drug dealing whilst employed by them.

But would a drug dealer not get jail and make it a no brainer?

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 09:40 PM
But would a drug dealer not get jail and make it a no brainer?

Not necessarily. Depends what drugs they were dealing.

Removed
21-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Not necessarily. Depends what drugs they were dealing.

If dealing in presumably illegal drugs doesn't get you banged up then I'm totally out of touch with todays society

marinello59
21-06-2011, 09:56 PM
If dealing in presumably illegal drugs doesn't get you banged up then I'm totally out of touch with todays society

Me too. You drown one witch and people go mental at you. :bitchy:

WindyMiller
21-06-2011, 10:02 PM

:faf:

ScottB
21-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I can see why they did nothing pre court case, as he has to be considered innocent till proven guilty, even if folk are phoning up the club to tell them what he was doing. Playing devils advocate I'm sure a lot of folk where probably doing that, most of em not genuine.

I suppose the sensible approach would have been to suspend him till the court case was over, I suspect that's what most companies would do, but certainly none would be likely to try and fire someone at that stage.

Now of course, he must be fired. There is no other way. People can say Vlad won't want to lose an asset, well he has already lost it! Nobody is going to pay to take him off their hands now, and I really can't see him being played even if they do keep him. Can you imagine the (100% justified) abuse he will get? Will the other players even want him in the team? They can punt him now for squat, can't see Vlad ignoring that even if he is just viewing it in terms of money alone.

While we all like to slag off the Yams, this isn't the issue for it, and make no mistake, there are as many Hearts fans who would love to put the boot into this guy for what he has done and would be disgusted to see him take to the field as there are fans of any other club who would feel the same! As usual the numpties on Kickback make them all seem as bad.

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2011, 06:01 AM

Just one??? Looks like they have all disappeared from the PM board. Something to tell us?

:not worth:aok::agree::greengrin

aberhibsfc
22-06-2011, 07:47 AM
What is it with that mob?

Jeffries should have known something was up when Thomson went to the kids changing room at the Hearts shop.

Phil D. Rolls
22-06-2011, 07:52 AM
All this Thomson business got me thinking........dangerous I know:wink:

Anyway.....Hearts employed a known Sex criminal in 2006 as their first team coach. At any football team the first team coach would be considered a role model especially for the young players. Thomson would have been what 14 at this time? Was he with the club...I don't even know. However...the point is that HMFC by employing a sex case as their 1st team coach may have inadvertently sent out a message to their employee's that this sort of thing is tolerated.

Long and short....Thomson has been brought through an institution that tolerates Sex offenders. Is it really a surprise that one of their home grown players has turned out a wrong un?

I think in most cases and in any walk of life your working career and your attitudes are heavily influenced by your manager or gaffer. This may have no bearing on Craig Thomson's circumstances but you do wonder......

So, basically, the Yams are up there with the likes of the Catholic Church?

dangermouse
22-06-2011, 07:58 AM

I thought if they drowned they were innocent. If they survived the drowning attempt they were proven to be a witch then drowned. Maybe we should set up a ducking stool in Lochend Park.

KiddA
22-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Apparently Thompson asked Hearts if he could go to Primary Schools and work with kids. Sick barsteward

This guy should be locked up plain and simple, like I said on another thread he would be in jail if this was in the U.S

Phil MaGlass
22-06-2011, 08:15 AM
or (B)east Fife?

HoMFC
Home of Molestors Football Club

Phil D. Rolls
22-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Apparently Thompson asked Hearts if he could go to Primary Schools and work work with kids. Sick barsteward

This guy should be locked up plain and simple, like I said on another thread he would be in jail if this was in the U.S

I wish our justice system was more like the US.

weonlywon6-2
22-06-2011, 08:38 AM
You are right many do but theres a big differnce between GBH ABH breach of the peace or fraud compared to sex offender ! Go in the Tor loch inn bottom shop any boozer you want or Easter road there will be people who have made mistakes but no one i know is in the same boat as CT ! he is in a differnt category and his face is well known so theres no hiding place. He will attract trouble and i think the judge who sentanced him didnt give a custodial sentance because he knew the punishment he gave is severe . Hes gonna get the sack from hearts and what team in the UK will go for him. Abroad will be hard also countries like the US wont even let him in again ever as hes a sex offender .

he wont be accepted into other countries with this conviction so he is staying home for a long time

weonlywon6-2
22-06-2011, 08:52 AM
So, basically, the Yams are up there with the likes of the Catholic Church?

:faf:

timebomb
22-06-2011, 08:57 AM
I hope it's just a matter of time before he's sacked but I can understand why Hearts are taking their time as it's not that easy just to rip up someone's contract.

St Johnston did it when Kevin Thomas & George O'Boyle were caught 'up to their nose' in it yet they were taken to court for unfair dismissal / not following the right procedures and the rightly sacked players won a large pay-out.

The last thing I'd want to happen was for the little c*** to get a pay-off from Hearts.

KeithTheHibby
22-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I hope it's just a matter of time before he's sacked but I can understand why Hearts are taking their time as it's not that easy just to rip up someone's contract.

St Johnston did it when Kevin Thomas & George O'Boyle were caught 'up to their nose' in it yet they were taken to court for unfair dismissal / not following the right procedures and the rightly sacked players won a large pay-out.

The last thing I'd want to happen was for the little c*** to get a pay-off from Hearts.

The yam lawyers are going to be busy then whatwith cases for sex offenders and junkies on the payroll.

Manxhibs
22-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Thomson doesn't the time he is getting to decide his future, hearts should have dealt with the little creep by now. Sums them up really

timebomb
22-06-2011, 12:04 PM
The yam lawyers are going to be busy then whatwith cases for sex offenders and junkies on the payroll.

I'd bin those 2 junkies as well. There is no excuse for doing that sort of thing - especially when you are a professional athlete.

silverhibee
22-06-2011, 12:27 PM

If he turns up at Easter Road, I'm not sure that there's anything that anyone can do about it.I'm sure there's lots of football fans who turn up at grounds every single week, who have a criminal record.

Well if he were to sit next to me and my son then i am sure i can do something about having a known beast sitting next to me, Hibs fan or not he would only get told to move once, after that he would be getting bounced down the stairs.