PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray Testimonial Update.

big-mo
21-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I know that when Ian’s testimonial was announced there were a number of detractors, can we please put that aside, if you do not wish to participate, don’t, but please do not discourage other. Ian is a Hibby and always will be, he is also the club captain.

To give you some background on the testimonial: A player can be granted a testimonial year from a club after ten years service with that club, (this does not have to be consecutive). The majority of testimonials monies are tax free but are strenuously regulated by HMRC. The players are not involved in the planning of their testimonial. The planning is left in the hands of a testimonial committee (they are all Hibbys). The football club are also not involved and they are only committee to supplying a team to play in a testimonial match, the committee have also to rent the ground for the match and pay for policing etc.
A testimonial year runs for twelve months from the date it is announced. Not all footballers are paid tens of thousands of pounds per week; you only have to look at the number of former players who where your heroes in the past who are driving taxis, odd-jobbing, working in pubs etc. Some are luckier and get a job within the game or in the media, or are astute businessmen, but they are the exceptions.
A footballer’s career is very limited, the majority have only five to ten years earning ‘top money’.
A percentage of the money raised will be given to charity.

The Testimonial Committee have a number of very exciting ideas for events planned. More details of these once they have been finalised, but to give you a flavour, there is the testimonial game, (date/opposition are being negotiated), formal dinner/s, meetings/dinners with former players and managers, sports event/s, an intimate music event, and a comedy show during the Edinburgh Fringe.
A number of these events such as the dinners and sports events would be limited and may be seen as elitist, but we are keen to allow as many fans as possible to attend events, so if you have any ideas, please let us know.

Ian has also not finalised which charities will benefit, if you know of any local charities which would like to be involved please let us know their details and we will see if they can be accommodated.

Also if your company or employer would like to be associated as partner or premier partner please contact us via the IanMurrayTestimonial.net (http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/) web-site.

IanMurrayTestimonial is on Twitter @ IMTestimonial (http://twitter.com/#%21/IMTestimonial) and FaceBook (Ian-Murray-Testimonial), please join us there.

HNA12
21-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Please respect the OP's request to keep this thread for the purpose he intended. Many thanks.

Scooter
21-06-2011, 10:51 AM
can we try and get Le God back for it :agree:

Mark79
21-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Getting big Franck along would certainly be a big attraction for the fans. Maybe wee russell, Matty Jack (playing his own role) and Sowumni (had to put that in)

In all seriousness though an ideal opportunity to get big franck and wee russell back to easter road.

.Sean.
21-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Precisely. If you're gonnae complain, complain elsewhere. I'll definately be in attendance for this one.

Last Minute
21-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Ian has been great for the club and deserve's this so much.

Hope Le God can attend which would bump up the crowd so to give the charitys a whole lot more.

:thumbsup:

Famous Fiver
21-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the info and if you are involved on the Testimonial Committee I sincerely hope it all goes well and you raise a good amount.

Interesting what you say about the club not being involved and that the committee have to rent the ground for the testimonial match.

There is a famous story that when Willie Bauld had his testimonial many years ago our illustrious neighbours charged him for the match ball!!! Cue Willie Bauld never to set foot in Tynecastle again. Seems some things never change across the city!!

Hopefully you'll get a generous match ball sponsor so the same thing doesn't happen to IM.

Albion Hibs
21-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Well said OP and I hope all respect the request to keep it positive.

I did not realise fully how few players for Hibs had received a testimonial, nor for that matter how many are actually given out across football in general each year. I think it is a proud day to be a Hibs fan and see not only a player at our club receiving such a reward, but a player that is a Hibs fan. Hopefully all at the club and supporters get behind this occasion I hope it will be a great day out…or by the sounds of things maybe several! I have not had the opportunity to attend a testimonial before and cant think of any player during my time I would rather see have one. Well done Ian.

Look forward to receiving more information.

KingFranck
21-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Sauzee and Latapy mentioned previously so how about a recent(ish) Hibs Legends Select v Man Utd ?-
I'll throw in some names Goram,Murphy,Fletcher,Matty Jack, Boozy, Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu, Jones, Collins
That would generate a big crowd surely?

LeithBoozy
21-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I hope they look after our bairns in Dinipro, and they get a check. :wink:

--------
21-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Sauzee and Latapy mentioned previously so how about a recent(ish) Hibs Legends Select v Man Utd ?-
I'll throw in some names Goram,Murphy,Fletcher,Matty Jack, Boozy, Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu, Jones, Collins
That would generate a big crowd surely?

Have Joe T and Strachan in for a re-match and I'll certainly be there. Not sure about Collins and Jones in the same team, though. :greengrin

But it's a good idea and would surely draw a crowd.

Joy Zipper
21-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I know that when Ian’s testimonial was announced there were a number of detractors, can we please put that aside, if you do not wish to participate, don’t, but please do not discourage other. Ian is a Hibby and always will be, he is also the club captain.

To give you some background on the testimonial: A player can be granted a testimonial year from a club after ten years service with that club, (this does not have to be consecutive). The majority of testimonials monies are tax free but are strenuously regulated by HMRC. The players are not involved in the planning of their testimonial. The planning is left in the hands of a testimonial committee (they are all Hibbys). The football club are also not involved and they are only committee to supplying a team to play in a testimonial match, the committee have also to rent the ground for the match and pay for policing etc.
A testimonial year runs for twelve months from the date it is announced. Not all footballers are paid tens of thousands of pounds per week; you only have to look at the number of former players who where your heroes in the past who are driving taxis, odd-jobbing, working in pubs etc. Some are luckier and get a job within the game or in the media, or are astute businessmen, but they are the exceptions.
A footballer’s career is very limited, the majority have only five to ten years earning ‘top money’.
A percentage of the money raised will be given to charity.

The Testimonial Committee have a number of very exciting ideas for events planned. More details of these once they have been finalised, but to give you a flavour, there is the testimonial game, (date/opposition are being negotiated), formal dinner/s, meetings/dinners with former players and managers, sports event/s, an intimate music event, and a comedy show during the Edinburgh Fringe.
A number of these events such as the dinners and sports events would be limited and may be seen as elitist, but we are keen to allow as many fans as possible to attend events, so if you have any ideas, please let us know.

Ian has also not finalised which charities will benefit, if you know of any local charities which would like to be involved please let us know their details and we will see if they can be accommodated.

Also if your company or employer would like to be associated as partner or premier partner please contact us via the IanMurrayTestimonial.net (http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/) web-site.

IanMurrayTestimonial is on Twitter @ IMTestimonial (http://twitter.com/#%21/IMTestimonial) and FaceBook (Ian-Murray-Testimonial), please join us there.

Can you please advise what percentage of the money raised will be going to charity. The sentence seems suitably vague.

Mikey
21-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Can you please advise what percentage of the money raised will be going to charity. The sentence seems suitably vague.

100% more than most players give.

calumhibee1
21-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Bringing back King Franck, Latapy and Zitelli for this would be immense. A dream team from the players that Ian has played with at Hibs?

Colgan

Whittaker
Jones
Laursen
Murphy

Le God
Murray
Latapy

Ivan
O'Connor
Zitelli

:agree:

_hucks_
21-06-2011, 12:53 PM

100% more of nowt is still nowt!

Beefster
21-06-2011, 12:54 PM

It's a fair question.

H18sry
21-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Bringing back King Franck, Latapy and Zitelli for this would be immense. A dream team from the players that Ian has played with at Hibs?

Colgan

Whittaker
Jones
Laursen
Murphy

Le God
Murray
Latapy

Ivan
O'Connor
Zitelli

How can you leave Riordan out :confused:

calumhibee1
21-06-2011, 01:26 PM
How can you leave Riordan out :confused:

Cause I seen him last season, i've no seen the others in a while. :greengrin

Hibercelona
21-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Complete judas... never want to see him kick a ball again!... etc :grr:

:devil:

Ed De Gramo
21-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I'll definitely be attending.

Would be brilliant to get Le God back...lets us have a proper thank you for all he done for the club.:agree:

Centre Hawf
21-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Cant wait for this. Put Ian Murray upfront for the game.

cocopops1875
21-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I can not see franck playing or even attending for that matter

big-mo
22-06-2011, 07:22 AM

Just to clarify, the club will not be charging for the use of the stadium for the testimonial game and are fully supportive of Ian's testimonial year as far as possible.

Famous Fiver
22-06-2011, 07:52 AM
big-mo

You've lost me.

If the club will not be charging for the use of the stadium for the testimonial game who are the committe renting the ground from?

Just as long as they don't charge him for the match ball!!

YehButNoBut
21-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Update from Ian Murray's testimonial committee from Facebook, sounds like a good afternoon's entertainment: -

Ian Murray's Testimonial Committee are pleased to announce the first event of Ian’s Testimonial Season, a Gala Comedy Day which will be staged on Sunday 21 August 2011 at Edinburgh's Corn Exchange Newmarket Road Edinburgh commencing 12.30pm.

Acts confirmed include Channel 4s King of Comedy Andrew Maxwell, Former Sports Speaker of the Year John Gahagan, Scotland's finest football impressionist Paul Reid, the outstanding Eric David...son and football leg-end Bob Doolally MC for the event is Radio Forth's Grant Stott.

Tickets priced £ 20.00 plus £ 1.00 Booking Fee are on sale at Hibernian Ticket Office and the Corn Exchange from Saturday 23 July 2011. A limited number of VIP Tables of 10 priced at £ 400.00 are available see www.ianmurraytestimonial.n​et (http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/) for further details.

Items to be auctioned at the event include a Derek Riordan signed Shaanxi Chan-Ba top The event is being sponsored by Breken Inns - The McLean Family and Crabbies Part of the proceeds will be donated to Bethany Christian Trust.

Hibs90
21-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Would be a good night out? It's at half 12 during the day? :greengrin If this was at night I would have went though.

Last Minute
21-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Wonder which team is being lined up to come to Easter road for Ian.

Hope it's Newcastle :wink:

YehButNoBut
21-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Would be a good night out? It's at half 12 during the day? :greengrin If this was at night I would have went though.

Never noticed that, strange start time on a Sunday, have edited my post :greengrin

IWasThere2016
21-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Precisely. If you're gonnae complain, complain elsewhere. I'll definately be in attendance for this one.

H18sry
21-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Update from Ian Murray's testimonial committee from Facebook, sounds like a good afternoon's entertainment: -

Ian Murray's Testimonial Committee are pleased to announce the first event of Ian’s Testimonial Season, a Gala Comedy Day which will be staged on Sunday 21 August 2011 at Edinburgh's Corn Exchange Newmarket Road Edinburgh commencing 12.30pm.

Acts confirmed include Channel 4s King of Comedy Andrew Maxwell, Former Sports Speaker of the Year John Gahagan, Scotland's finest football impressionist Paul Reid, the outstanding Eric David...son and football leg-end Bob Doolally MC for the event is Radio Forth's Grant Stott.

Tickets priced £ 20.00 plus £ 1.00 Booking Fee are on sale at Hibernian Ticket Office and the Corn Exchange from Saturday 23 July 2011. A limited number of VIP Tables of 10 priced at £ 400.00 are available see www.ianmurraytestimonial.n​et (http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/) for further details.

Items to be auctioned at the event include a Derek Riordan signed Shaanxi Chan-Ba top The event is being sponsored by Breken Inns - The McLean Family and Crabbies Part of the proceeds will be donated to Bethany Christian Trust.

A Sportsman's Bunch without the Brunch that could be messy :greengrin

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a great day out! I would imagine it would cost £15 to see the boy Andrew Maxwell in the festival so him coupled with a good few others, a bit of Grant S banter and a hibs occasion for £20, decent value and sounds like a perfect way to spend a sunday afternoon! I will be there!

big-mo
21-07-2011, 11:11 AM
A Sportsman's Bunch without the Brunch that could be messy :greengrin

Ian Murray's Testimonial Committee are pleased to announce the first event of Ian’s Testimonial Season, a Gala Comedy Day which will be staged on Sunday 21 August 2011
at Edinburgh's Corn Exchange Newmarket Road Edinburgh commencing 12.30pm

Acts confirmed include -

Channel 4s King of Comedy and team captain of Sky's Wall of Fame - Andrew Maxwell,

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/am.jpg

Former Sports Speaker of the Year John Gahagan,

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/JG.jpg

Scotland's finest football impressionist Paul Reid,

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/PR.jpg

the outstanding Nitten rhymer Eric Davidson

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/ED2.jpg

and football leg-end Bob Doolally

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/BD.jpg

MC for the event is Radio Forth's Grant Stott

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/GS.jpg

Doors and Bars open at 12:30, show starts at 13:30, get there early to get the best seats. Hot food will be available on the day.

Tickets priced £ 20.00 plus £ 1.00 Booking Fee are on sale at Hibernian Ticket Office and the Corn Exchange from Saturday 23 July 2011

Items to be auctioned at the event include a Derek Riordan signed Shaanxi Chan-Ba top
Please continue to check this website on a regular basis as we will list other items when they become available

The event is being sponsored by Breken Inns - The McLean Family and Crabbies

Part of the proceeds will be donated to Bethany Christian Trust

A Limited number of VIP Tables for 10 people priced at £ 400 are available by contacting - mail@IanMurrayTestimonial.net (mail@ianmurraytestimonial.net?subject=Please%20ad d%20me%20to%20the%20Ian%20Murray%20Testimonial%20m ailing%20list)

VIP Package
Dedicated VIP Entrance
Exclusive VIP Bar with Private Terrace
Pre Show Reception 12.30 - 1.30 pm
Complimentary Bottle of Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer on arrival at Pre Show Reception
Meet current and former Hibernian players
Photographer in attendance
VIP seating area for show
Company Name in Programme
Dedicated Waitress Service for VIP area only

silverhibee
21-07-2011, 11:53 AM

Future17
21-07-2011, 12:23 PM

Anyone would think you had insider knowledge. :greengrin

Twiglet
21-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Money to Bethany - happy about that. They do really good work. Met a few people who've been helped by them and their lives have totally turned round with Bethanys help.

silverhibee
21-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Ian Murray's Testimonial Committee are pleased to announce the first event of Ian’s Testimonial Season, a Gala Comedy Day which will be staged on Sunday 21 August 2011

Acts confirmed include -

Channel 4s King of Comedy and team captain of Sky's Wall of Fame - Andrew Maxwell,

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/am.jpg

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/JG.jpg

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/PR.jpg

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/ED2.jpg

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/BD.jpg

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/GS.jpg

Doors and Bars open at 12:30, show starts at 13:30, get there early to get the best seats. Hot food will be available on the day.

Tickets priced £ 20.00 plus £ 1.00 Booking Fee are on sale at Hibernian Ticket Office and the Corn Exchange from Saturday 23 July 2011

Items to be auctioned at the event include a Derek Riordan signed Shaanxi Chan-Ba top
Please continue to check this website on a regular basis as we will list other items when they become available

A Limited number of VIP Tables for 10 people priced at £ 400 are available by contacting - mail@IanMurrayTestimonial.net (mail@ianmurraytestimonial.net?subject=Please%20ad d%20me%20to%20the%20Ian%20Murray%20Testimonial%20m ailing%20list)

VIP Package
Dedicated VIP Entrance
Complimentary Bottle of Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer on arrival at Pre Show Reception

Is there an age limit for kids to attend this or are they allowed to go. :aok:

Thecat23
21-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Simply for the 0-7 he head on his head at the pink bus shelter i'll defo be going. Any player that winds up that lot deserves something :greengrin

cocopops1875
21-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Anyone would think you had insider knowledge. :greengrin

I know a man who is trying to locate a man so has spoken to some men with a view to finding that man it appears the man has little interest in being found, located or even chatting. Don't speak to strangers kids :-)

HibbyRod
21-07-2011, 01:30 PM
big-mo

You've lost me.

If the club will not be charging for the use of the stadium for the testimonial game who are the committe renting the ground from?

Just as long as they don't charge him for the match ball!!

I was involved with one of our player's Testimonial, and I believe that the Club do not charge for renting the stadium for the match.

However, there will be expenses for the policing/stewarding etc. (quite a substantial amount in fact!).

The referee and linesmen get paid also - along with any other incidental expenses.

Hope this helps.

big-mo
22-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Is there an age limit for kids to attend this or are they allowed to go. :aok:

Sorry over 18's only.

big-mo
05-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Acts confirmed include -

A Limited number of VIP Tables for 10 people priced at £ 400 are available by contacting - mail@IanMurrayTestimonial.net

VIP Package
Dedicated VIP Entrance

Sorry but the Gala Comedy Day show is now Sold Out,
Thanks to all that have bought tickets, it should be a great day.

:flag:

Watch out for an announcement of the Testimonial Match, details should be available in the next week or so.

.Sean.
05-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Day after my 21st, I'll be there to continue the party!

.Sean.
05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Aww baws. If anyone has a couple spares please PM me.

NYHibby
05-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Watch out for an announcement of the Testimonial Match, details should be available in the next week or so.

Any hints?

SouthMoroccoStu
05-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Any hints?

It's Norwich

California-Hibs
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Aww baws. If anyone has a couple spares please PM me.

I'm in the same boat. If anyone has a spare that would be appriciated! :agree:

duffers
05-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Looking for a few spares aswell so if anyone has any, a PM would be good. Should have just got them when they came out. Doh.

frazeHFC
05-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I think it will be a decent turnout at the game. But with Sauzee, Latapy etc it would be a huge turnout. :thumbsup:Better be none of his old Hun team-mates! :greengrin

miller99
05-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Do you think we could get paco Luna back to play? Fingers crossed

jodjam
06-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Looking for a few spares aswell so if anyone has any, a PM would be good. Should have just got them when they came out. Doh.

It's not a sell out. Mate just been to corn exchange a few minutes back and picked two up. Girl at desk says they have a few left.

duffers
06-08-2011, 11:18 AM
It's not a sell out. Mate just been to corn exchange a few minutes back and picked two up. Girl at desk says they have a few left.

Thanks bud. Just been down and got 10. Saved my bacon big time

big-mo
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM

The tickets should have been taken off sale yesterday at the ECE. Because we were selling the tickets at different location each venue had additional tickets available.

Your were lucky to get these extra ones, we will just have to squeeze in an extra couple of tables, this should also help the atmosphere. Looks like being a great day.

jodjam
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM

No probs mate, glad you got them.

Looks like we might be sitting out in the car park though :greengrin