PDA

View Full Version : Mcleish

1987kev
20-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Just watch him ssn talking transfer targets . Got me thinking how good his signings were for us . If only CC could pull a couple of rabbits oot the hat like big Eck :greengrin

Hakim Sar
20-06-2011, 04:10 PM
He'll sign some good uns and have a promising first season. Followed up by a rampant start to his second season where villa look like they could challenge for the league without losing too many... then collapse. Duff signings, poor results until he jumps ship to a rival club.

erin go bragh
20-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Just watch him ssn talking transfer targets . Got me thinking how good his signings were for us . If only CC could pull a couple of rabbits oot the hat like big Eck :greengrin
20 million kitty helps the magician:greengrin
ggtth

ScottB
20-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Like say, Garry O'Connor?

I think CC has done well on the transfer front, with the amount of cash Mcleish had.

random sub
20-06-2011, 08:01 PM
yeh, agree. Latapy and Sauzee, when will we see yer likes again:flag:

ballengeich
20-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Who but McLeish could have brought us players like Alex Marinkov and Paul Holsgrove?

sixtwo
20-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I will be very surprised if he doesn't go for Alan Mcgregor. He has stated he needs a goalie. He knows Rangers are a selling club now and they will gratefully accept an offer of £5m for him. Maybe a double swoop for him and Bougherra.

BoltonHibee
20-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I will be very surprised if he doesn't go for Alan Mcgregor. He has stated he needs a goalie. He knows Rangers are a selling club now and they will gratefully accept an offer of £5m for him. Maybe a double swoop for him and Bougherra.

Mcgregor was destined for Villa this coming season, prior to big Ecks arrival.

Just realised he has 2 years left on his contract not 1, maybe £5m isn't too far off the mark