PDA

View Full Version : Gorgie launderette ?

greenginger
20-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Been away for a couple of weeks and just catching up with the local news.

I see in last weeks Scotsman a Chinese student had £ 104,000 confiscated under proceeds of crime act when she arrived at Edinburgh Airport with the cash but no explanation where it came from. Seemingly a common ploy for locally based money launderers to use students as cash mules.

The student in question was studying at Heriot-Watt Uni. at Riccarton .

Am I just a suspicious bu99er or does anyone else think there's a connection ? :wink:

aberhibsfc
20-06-2011, 04:18 PM

I see in last weeks Scotsman a Chinese student had £ 104,000 confiscated under proceeds of crime act when she arrived at Edinburgh Airport with the cash but no explanation where it came from. Seemingly a common ploy for locally based money launderers to use students as cash mules.

Am I just a suspicious bu99er or does anyone else think there's a connection ? :wink:

Crikey, the thread title was unbelievable, you had me thinking that they actually wash their clothes in Gorgie. Gobsmacked I had to read more. Suppose the pub regulars have taken heed of the pub teams workings and trying it for themselves. You could have changed Chinese Student to Lithuianian Footballer.

Seveno
20-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I heard that a French footballer was caught trying to smuggle £100k in one pound coins through Edinburgh Airport.

Oh no, that was Christian Nade.

aberhibsfc
20-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I heard that a French footballer was caught trying to smuggle £100k in one pound coins through Edinburgh Airport.

Oh no, that was Christian Nade.

If he put the coins down the back of his pants, doubt anyone would want to stop him.

Nade would think they were chocolate coins.

greenlex
20-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Sodje has been known to keep thousands in his sock.:agree:

hibsbollah
20-06-2011, 04:54 PM
If there were a launderette in Gorgie it would be the most atmospheric in Scotland™ because the machines would be so close to the customers.

sahib
20-06-2011, 06:27 PM

If she had been studying at Edinburgh then it would probably just been her course fees.