PDA

View Full Version : Richie Towell

scott_hfc1875
20-06-2011, 03:33 PM
whats the script with this guy , anyone know if were still interested in bringing him back?

Dibben
20-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Rumours are we are interested, but doubt Celtic will deal with us until we have played them on season opening day. May have to wait while Rod plays poker with them until August 31st!

scoopyboy
20-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Rumours are we are interested, but doubt Celtic will deal with us until we have played them on season opening day. May have to wait while Rod plays poker with them until August 31st!

That is what I believe as well.

seven nowt
20-06-2011, 04:33 PM
It's been on and off for ages now.

I've heard - "He's back at Celtic", then "Hibs are interested in getting him back." So I don't know what will happen.

I could see him staying at Celtic. Quite used to us giving the players their reputation and kicking off their career, only for these Wiji gits to keep them.

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I heard he's on his way to Nott's Forest?

aberhibsfc
20-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Ask the boy from Nottingham Forrest, he know's all the tic-tacs.

moredun
20-06-2011, 04:45 PM
The laddies ok, but i would personally prefer someone else, just not totally convinced of him at RB.
Also if Celtc are playing funny beggars, then go elsewhere, we need a RB in asap.
I do hope CC isn't relying on RT, hopefully he has better/different options

3pm
20-06-2011, 05:20 PM
I wasn't that keen on him then I was even more put off by that crap he spouted before the Hearts game.

essexhibee
20-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Get him signed up I like the look of the guy. Comments before the derby were maybe a tad silly to make but nethertheless I would like to see him back at the hibees. :thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
20-06-2011, 05:49 PM
If we don't sign him then we need a right back before the transfer window shuts at the latest. He's certainly a lot better than what we have. Hart until Christmas is a frightening thought on previous form.

Bostonhibby
20-06-2011, 05:57 PM

:agree: Definitely FACT, apparently Hibs and Celtics Fishman tweeted it to a journo (who is a good guy) and Towell is definitely on his way to have his picture taken in a hotel in Leicester before becoming Assistant Right back at Forest. You heard it here first.:wink: Only 17 pages to go

EK_Hibs
20-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I wasn't that keen on him then I was even more put off by that crap he spouted before the Hearts game.

I agree with all of this.
Whilst I think Towell did ok during his loan, I can't help but think we could do better.

Jones28
20-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Liked the look of him, also had a wee bit of flexability as he plays in midfield too. I do however think that Celtic will try to hang on to him until we have played them.

erin go bragh
20-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Liked the look of him, also had a wee bit of flexability as he plays in midfield too. I do however think that Celtic will try to hang on to him until we have played them.
Surley if they rate him that highly that they dont want him to play against them, they will keep him. :rolleyes:
ggtth

sahib
20-06-2011, 06:23 PM
I think he is alright and may be better in midfield but not the most accomplished fullback I have ever seen.

Taz_hibee
20-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Thought him and Booth were best FB pairing we had all season

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 08:37 PM

I agree with all of this.
Whilst I think Towell did ok during his loan, I can't help but think we could do better.

I think a team of Hibs level can always do better, in every position. If we don't secure Towell's services then that means sticking with Hart or find someone else. If there isn't another RB in the pipeline then sticking with Towell would appear to be the smart option (based on what I have read on here about Hart).

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I think he is alright and may be better in midfield but not the most accomplished fullback I have ever seen.

Isn't he only 19 years old? Might be a bit much expecting him to be the finished article. Do you think he has the potential to be the accomplished fullback that Hibs needs?

sesoim
20-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I'd rather play Wotherspoon at RB than Hart, never mind Towell. Hopefully we will get a new RB soon and give Hart a quick pay-off to leave.

brydekirk
20-06-2011, 10:41 PM
:agree:
The laddies ok, but i would personally prefer someone else, just not totally convinced of him at RB.
Also if Celtc are playing funny beggars, then go elsewhere, we need a RB in asap.
I do hope CC isn't relying on RT, hopefully he has better/different options

Dr Jimmy
21-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I'd rather play Wotherspoon at RB than Hart, never mind Towell. Hopefully we will get a new RB soon and give Hart a quick pay-off to leave.
I would rather have a training cone at RB instead of Hart, it would certainly be more mobile.

SmokieJoe
21-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I would rather have a training cone at RB instead of Hart, it would certainly be more mobile.

:faf::faf:

aberhibsfc
21-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Now I know this is more fiction than a Nottingham Forrest Assistant Manager Discussion FACT.

But I'd love to see Murphy back up the road at ER. With Birmingham down and managerless who know's what will happen. I think whoever comes in down there will want to review their whole squad. Murphy would do well in the Championship.

Wonder if CC's old Newcastle buddy might get that gig given his availability and his success getting NUFC out of that division.

Back to Murphy, it's my dream and no-one else can have it. But certainly will remain a dream for the forseeable future. I can however see a stage in his career where he would entertain another spell at ER.

Ps I am not for advocating a replacement for Booth as I want him to get games and improve. But we could do with a few good defenders.

Hibiza
21-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Come back Ritchie.

JimBHibees
21-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Quite like Towell however if Celtc are playing hardball would go elsewhere. Must be a few decent young full backs connected with English premier league teams who would fancy a loan period up here for a season.

ahibby
22-06-2011, 07:44 AM
dunno

southern hibby
22-06-2011, 08:09 AM
If Celtic will not sell then I would NOT take him back for another season loan.

I REFUSE to believe we could not get another RB in before the start of the season.

I cannot see why we should be helping other club's players get first team experience so as they can come back and play against us at a future date.

On another note I would take him back in an instant ( as long as he was our player). I really do think the lad has a good future in the game, but warming the bench at Darkhead is not the way to improve.

GGTTH