PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jack Warner - Presumed Innocent

Greentinted
20-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Just heard this on a radio news bulletin. The captain of corruption has his 30 years of 'creative industry' wiped under the deep pile FIFA carpet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/20/fifa-jack-warner-resigns

I've not long finished reading Andrew Jennings Foul and the level of whitewashing is astonishing. How do FIFA continue to get away with it?

Saorsa
20-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Just heard this on a radio news bulletin. The captain of corruption has his 30 years of 'creative industry' wiped under the deep pile FIFA carpet.

I've not long finished reading Andrew Jennings Foul and the level of whitewashing is astonishing. How do FIFA continue to get away with it?The corrupt protecting the corrupt :agree:

If he got done he'd have too much dirt tae dish on others, wonder how much he got as a backhander tae step down.. You've got tae laugh that they actually have an ethics committee :hilarious None of them could lie straight in bed.

Greentinted
20-06-2011, 03:06 PM
None of them could lie straight in bed.

:tee hee:

Ollie Reed
20-06-2011, 03:22 PM
You'd have thought Jack Warner would be squeaky clean, not a bounder or a cad.

Anyway...Good evening, all.

Gatecrasher
20-06-2011, 03:45 PM
In any other walk of life they would all be investigated,without a complete overhaul, how FIFA can run our game with any credibility is beyond me

marinello59
20-06-2011, 04:07 PM

Superb.

:greengrin

James70
20-06-2011, 04:13 PM

Dock Green has been a haven for criminals since he left!

Greentinted
20-06-2011, 04:22 PM
I reckon he'll be back in due course (The Trinidadian, no the polisman :greengrin) as the thing that struck me about the whole FIFA saga is that the cast of characters has remained consistent since the involvement of Horst Dassler and the formation of ISL.
Jerome Valcke seems to have more lives than Peter Mandleson, Joao Havelange is still on the pay-roll in some capacity or another at 95. And Warner's sons make a good few bob out of FIFA.
As it seems to be completely autonomous from the rules of normal governance, FIFA continues to exploit fans around the planet but it really does seem to be an impregnable organisation whose exco members are untouchable.
Reading about the manner in which they 'negotiated' the sponsorship deal with VISA was sickening and yet they continue, flying through loopholes, keeping shtum and laughing in the faces of the people who truly own the global game ie. us.

Woody1985
20-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Are the crimes he's alleged to have carried out not covered by law in the real world?

It's bull**** and smacks of another whitewash.

The Qatar world cup is the biggest joke in football history.

ancient hibee
20-06-2011, 06:28 PM

You can't blame him for trying to turn an honest copper.

Spike Mandela
20-06-2011, 07:28 PM

You are such an old fart!:greengrin

broonie27
20-06-2011, 09:05 PM

I've not long finished reading Andrew Jennings Foul and the level of whitewashing is astonishing. How do FIFA continue to get away with it?

hey Greentinted, what's that book like, I fancy it myself?

sesoim
20-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm still hoping that all the corrupt greedy cheats at FIFA will end up taking each other out, like at the end of a good gangster film. Maybe we might just get a slightly fairer organization after it.

Greentinted
20-06-2011, 10:46 PM
hey Greentinted, what's that book like, I fancy it myself?

Jennings is a tenacious journalist and leaves no stone unturned. All the information is taken from the mid 70s to 2007 and his only agenda seems to be the cleaning up of the organisation. I finished the book in a couple of days (and I'm a notoriously slow reader) and can't recommend it highly enough.
Its not a typical 'football' book, almost written with a novelistic style which endears it to a larger audience IMO.
I picked up a copy in the cheap bookshop (The Works?) on Princes St for a couple of quid.

broonie27
21-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Jennings is a tenacious journalist and leaves no stone unturned. All the information is taken from the mid 70s to 2007 and his only agenda seems to be the cleaning up of the organisation. I finished the book in a couple of days (and I'm a notoriously slow reader) and can't recommend it highly enough.
Its not a typical 'football' book, almost written with a novelistic style which endears it to a larger audience IMO.
I picked up a copy in the cheap bookshop (The Works?) on Princes St for a couple of quid.

Sounds good then, I'll give it a go. Unfortunately it's 12,000 mile walk to Princes Street for me so I might just go with Amazon :wink:

brog
21-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I think there's a huge stench of hypocrisy here, especially from the FA. Going back more than 20 years when England secured the 1996 European Nations by promising their vote for Germany 2006, then reneging, they've been masters of their own downfall. Does anyone really think if Engerlund had secured 2018 there would have been any fuss about corruption?
It was England who broke the rules by giving Mulberry handbags to the wives of the FIFA delegates, it was England who promised to play in Thailand in return for a vote & it was England who ( unsuccessfully ) pimped Prince William around the delegates.
The FA, note the only association in the world without the country in the title, are as corrupt as the rest of FIFA, they're just not very good at it!

Gettin' Auld
21-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Sounds good then, I'll give it a go. Unfortunately it's 12,000 mile walk to Princes Street for me so I might just go with Amazon :wink:
Watch out for those Piranha fish.

:agree:

--------
21-06-2011, 10:50 AM
You can't blame him for trying to turn an honest copper.

Honest copper?

IIRC Dock Green's part of the Met.

Since when did you find honest coppers in the Met?

It was always "Evenin' all" from dear old George, then down to the cells with son-in-law Andy to kick the living daylights out of a couple of teddy boys, or maybe even stitch up a Derek Bentley for murder.

Not to mention the back-handers from the Kray twins.... :devil:

My mother loved that show. Scarred me for life it has. :rolleyes:

broonie27
22-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Watch out for those Piranha fish.

:agree:

:tee hee: