PDA

View Full Version : Famous five shut for Barnsley game.

hibee92
18-06-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110617/ticket-update_2262950_2378217

"Supporters should note that the Famous Five Stand will be closed for the Barnsley match on July 16 due to a prior event being booked. Only the East and West Stands will be open for home support for this game."

seems a bit odd.

Frazerbob
18-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Wedding? Seminar?

Even if there wasn't a "prior booking" you'd have to say it would be sensible to close it for cost cutting reasons.

Spike Mandela
18-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Sir Tom Farmer is entertaining a couple of Russian Oligarch's and some Asian billionaires with a view to buying the club and taking us to the next level......obviously.:devil:

duffers
18-06-2011, 02:20 PM
It is indeed a wedding. They Only found out a couple of days ago there was a game on.

Arch Stanton
18-06-2011, 02:42 PM
It is indeed a wedding. They Only found out a couple of days ago there was a game on.

They probably can't believe their luck. :agree:

"The" Hibs Club
18-06-2011, 02:44 PM
“The” Hibs Club is delighted to announce that “The” Hibs Club will be open as usual for pre-match drinks and snacks. :greengrin

Do come along. For many it will be the first time you'll have seen we’ve had the painters in … and jolly nice it looks too :aok:

Indeed there may be a wee bit something special for non-members (something the members already enjoy) for the pre-season matches but, cough, I’ve said too much already :wink:

hibsboy90
18-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Ironic that the FF stands opening was against Barnsley IIRC.

greenlad
18-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Wedding? Seminar?

Even if there wasn't a "prior booking" you'd have to say it would be sensible to close it for cost cutting reasons.

Why?

I've had a Season Ticket in the F5 since it was opened and the Cowshed before that - always been my preferred viewpoint to watch from behind the goals. And I always get my own season ticket seat for friendlies and cup games, with two execptions in 16 years (one cup game in 2001, and Bohemians last year)

I've no problem with it being closed for a good reason on the odd occasion like this for what is only after all a pre-season friendly with likely limited demand. But why is the the arbitary assumption always that the F5 should be closed and inconvenince the supporters in that stand? Why not close the West, or the East for that matter. Or close the South and stick the away fans in half of the East? (It has a segregation wall after all) That way you are still accomodating the supporters who like a behind the goal view.

LancashireHibby
18-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Because the West can't be closed because of corporate, directors etc and the East probably has more season tickets than the other two?

Frazerbob
18-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Why?

I've had a Season Ticket in the F5 since it was opened and the Cowshed before that - always been my preferred viewpoint to watch from behind the goals. And I always get my own season ticket seat for friendlies and cup games, with two execptions in 16 years (one cup game in 2001, and Bohemians last year)

I've no problem with it being closed for a good reason on the odd occasion like this for what is only after all a pre-season friendly with likely limited demand. But why is the the arbitary assumption always that the F5 should be closed and inconvenince the supporters in that stand? Why not close the West, or the East for that matter. Or close the South and stick the away fans in half of the East? (It has a segregation wall after all) That way you are still accomodating the supporters who like a behind the goal view.

I would close both the South and the FF stands for the Barnsley game and any others that will attract similar small crowds. The small traveling support could easily be given an area of the West. I appreciate there will be a few fans like you who will be a bit put out but at the end of the day, if it benefits the club by reducing costs then surely it's a good move. The numbers inconenienced by closing those two stands will be considerably less than if the West or East were closed.

marinello59
18-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I would close both the South and the FF stands for the Barnsley game and any others that will attract similar small crowds. The small traveling support could easily be given an area of the West. I appreciate there will be a few fans like you who will be a bit put out but at the end of the day, if it benefits the club by reducing costs then surely it's a good move. The numbers inconenienced by closing those two stands will be considerably less than if the West or East were closed.

I agree entirely. Almost.
I would give them a small area in the East. :greengrin

ArabHibee
18-06-2011, 07:18 PM
:wtf:
I'm raging about this. I was hoping to go to this game and give my seat in the FF a wee clean and polish for the start of the new season!

PETRIE!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2011, 09:55 PM
From what I have been told, the FF has been pre-booked by the " Real Fans Sit in the East" campaign roadshow. The reason is self-explanatory.......

ronaldo7
19-06-2011, 07:26 AM

:agree: Mum and Dad of the Bride are :fuming:

son of haggart
19-06-2011, 07:52 AM
:agree: Mum and Dad of the Bride are :fuming:

Did the groom do a sneaky then

"Don't worry - it's a great venue, loads of space"

"What? there's a game on? Who'd have thought it eh?"

:wink:

Steve-O
19-06-2011, 08:06 AM
“The” Hibs Club is delighted to announce that “The” Hibs Club will be open as usual for pre-match drinks and snacks. :greengrin

Do come along. For many it will be the first time you'll have seen we’ve had the painters in … and jolly nice it looks too :aok:

Indeed there may be a wee bit something special for non-members (something the members already enjoy) for the pre-season matches but, cough, I’ve said too much already :wink:

Why is "the" in quotations?! :confused:

Jack
19-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Why is "the" in quotations?! :confused:

It's what's above the entrance door into the place.

Steve-O
19-06-2011, 09:30 AM
It's what's above the entrance door into the place.

You are correct now I think about it.

However, question still stands :greengrin

Jack
19-06-2011, 10:23 AM
You are correct now I think about it.

However, question still stands :greengrin

I've asked someone else the question. We may yet still get an answer :agree: