PDA

View Full Version : Yams Pride comes before a fall

sunshine1875
18-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Are the Yams setting themselves up for a fall? They were miles ahead but then struggled to retain third place by then end of the season. They have since strengthened their team (on paper) by signing some better players. They have always been difficult to beat and last season found the ability to score important goals. But will they walk third and maybe even take second (as some of their fans think) or will they fall?

Here are some of their fans thoughts from the Scotsman website!!!!

Another major statement made by Hearts in preperation for next season. Two solid signings to take the team forward and two as cover for areas that need it.

Meanwhile down at ****** Road, the tea lady is dusting down her boots to replace the list of poor players that the Hobos have decided to let go.

Not a bad 1st part of the plan CC, only concern is I am not sure you have thought past this stage with the signing of Forest Gump and some Division 1 player that has been released.

Awfy quiet at Easter Road. Probably be telling us it takes longer for the real quality to be signed. Arf.

Good Luck Mehdi, a sound addition who can play a bit and pass the ball well.

Taouill is an excellent player with good creativity.

Rooney signing tomorrow I hear.

The really good news however is that Hibs are signing a player with a dodgy knee jettisoned by an English 3rd Division side

Hearts 10,000 season tickets

Hibs 3,000............I have actually heard that there are only actually 1800 tickets sold at ER ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hearts have set their stall out for the European and league campaigns ahead, while our poor WEE neighbours Hibs sign a surplus to requirement washed out individual, of who struggled in the lower echelons of the English league.

Hearts will be challenging for Major honours next season on the European & Domestic stage and with the addition of Adam Rooney (Watch this space) will be a force to reckon with, unfortunately our poor WEE neighbours will be struggling to surpass the 10th position that they achieved last season.

Lower league football beckons for the Hibs and rightly so for a bunch of no-hopers, underachievers and with a fan base as changeable as the Scottish weather!

weonlywon6-2
18-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Are the Yams setting themselves up for a fall? They were miles ahead but then struggled to retain third place by then end of the season. They have since strengthened their team (on paper) by signing some better players. They have always been difficult to beat and last season found the ability to score important goals. But will they walk third and maybe even take second (as some of their fans think) or will they fall?

they dont half have a chip on their shoulders about us:na na:

R'Albin
18-06-2011, 09:04 AM

1800 tickets:faf: Honestly they talk so much pish!

Kevvy1875
18-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Does the supremacist attitude surprise you?

They no doubt would love to have us under their heel forever as every bigot needs a victim. Amazing how seemingly normal people can turn into complete erseholes as soon as they start talking about football. Mostly on the internet where people can hide behind a keyboard. The Yams I know would not speak like this to my face.

However....we are Hibs. We can look forward with a sense of pride that our club has been built from the roots up by itself and is self sufficient. Our time will come again and when it does it will be all the sweeter. We can afford bad seasons.....the Yams can't.

Saorsa
18-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Who gives a **** what those pea brained, pish stained, inbred morons think.

MyJo
18-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Some of them do have a bit of a superiority complex but thats understandable given that they did win a world war. atten-hut!

lyonhibs
18-06-2011, 09:22 AM

This :agree:

Also, The Scotsman website attracts the lower dregs of the Yam demographic mentioned above. The sort that make you wonder if we haven't gone a bit lax with the "Care in the Community" scheme these past few years.

iwasthere1972
18-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Last season their average attendance was 20% higher than ours despite them being in 3rd spot for most of the season and us in the bottom six. 400,000 supporters and that's the best they can do against a wee team.

It's no Wonga they are hated everywhere outside of Gorgie.

Tramps.

MSK
18-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Who gives a **** what those pea brained, pish stained, inbred morons think.:agree:..TRAMPS ...

hibee92
18-06-2011, 09:59 AM
they are obsessed with us, its ridiculous.

matty_f
18-06-2011, 10:22 AM
They fuds never learn. Last season they were telling us they were winning the league, this year they're going to do it again. I just ignore them these days, and thank the big man for the fact I'm a Hibby.

hibsbollah
18-06-2011, 10:32 AM
We define them.

Pretty Boy
18-06-2011, 10:47 AM
I find the average yam i meet knows the square root of f all about football (i'm willing to accept there are a fair few Hibs fans who also fall into that category).

I had a conversation with one of them last night and some of the pish he came out with was bewildering. Takis Fyssas was better than Franck Sauzee (the fact they played different position 'didnae matter pal' apparently), Antti Niemi was a better goalkeeper than either Jim Leighton or Andy Goram, Kevin Kyle and John Sutton will be the best partnership in the SPL and Sutton is 'world class' apparently.

Absolute muppet.

Dunbar Hibee
18-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I find the average yam i meet knows the square root of f all about football (i'm willing to accept there are a fair few Hibs fans who also fall into that category).

I had a conversation with one of them last night and some of the pish he came out with was bewildering. Takis Fyssas was better than Franck Sauzee (the fact they played different position 'didnae matter pal' apparently), Antti Niemi was a better goalkeeper than either Jim Leighton or Andy Goram, Kevin Kyle and John Sutton will be the best partnership in the SPL and Sutton is 'world class' apparently.

Absolute muppet.

I'd like to meet this guy and kick him in the baws.

Shaggy
19-06-2011, 12:55 AM
I'd like to meet this guy and kick him in the baws.

did you no mean... kick him in the fanny ?

andudare2
19-06-2011, 05:22 AM

no

Lucius Apuleius
19-06-2011, 06:07 AM
no

No, as in they will not get 2nd or 3rd? Or no, as in they won't fall?

SkintHibby
19-06-2011, 06:07 AM

Absolute muppet.

Franck Sauzee is the BEST footballer to have played for either Edinburgh team in the last 30 years. :agree:
But what would the tramps fae Gorgie know about class anyway?

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 07:56 AM

Amen to that.

Does the supremacist attitude surprise you?

They no doubt would love to have us under their heel forever as every bigot needs a victim. Amazing how seemingly normal people can turn into complete erseholes as soon as they start talking about football. Mostly on the internet where people can hide behind a keyboard. The Yams I know would not speak like this to my face.

However....we are Hibs. We can look forward with a sense of pride that our club has been built from the roots up by itself and is self sufficient. Our time will come again and when it does it will be all the sweeter. We can afford bad seasons.....the Yams can't.

And Amen to this as well

Kaiser1962
19-06-2011, 07:58 AM
They fuds never learn. Last season they were telling us they were winning the league, this year they're going to do it again. I just ignore them these days, and thank the big man for the fact I'm a Hibby.

I doubt they will get withing 30 points of the title.

bobbyhibs1983
19-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Now be fair they are gonna win the champion's league this season as welll.Oh wait was that last season? or the season before?:confused:

Now be fair what does us wee teams fans know about big teams?
they have 400000000000 fans and whatever 1000's on there season ticket waiting list.

Manxhibs
19-06-2011, 01:08 PM
They are so deluded it's unreal. They think John Sutton is a better buy than Garry O'connor, makes me laugh. Hopefully they'll get what's coming to them

Sodje_18
19-06-2011, 01:20 PM
They're just a horrible horrible club with an unrelentless obssesion of the 'wee team', If thy're such a big team why do they hardly ever fill their end at ER, we always fill the away end at swincastle. Horrible horrible club that will not be missed by anyone as soon as they go under.

FromTheCapital
19-06-2011, 02:32 PM
this is aw' they yam pricks will be hearing in their ******* cars...

"Sproule beats Wallace, he goes past Webster with ease and Ivan Sproule rattles the ball into the back of the net, It's Hibernian 3-1 Hearts and that could be the goal that sends the no money Hearts to the 1st division!

sunshine1875
19-06-2011, 02:37 PM
this is aw' they yam pricks will be hearing in their ******* cars...

"Sproule beats Wallace, he goes past Webster with ease and Ivan Sproule rattles the ball into the back of the net, It's Hibernian 3-1 Hearts and that could be the goal that sends the no money Hearts to the 1st division!

:grr: does that mean we will be bottom six again :greengrin as the only way we will be playing Hertz at home would be after the split unless their relegation is possible by the 2nd January.

Hibercelona
19-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Why are we feeding the animals?

Starve them and they'll soon die. :agree:

The_Todd
19-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Their size obsession just shows they're making up for other deficiencies in their otherwise hollow and pointless lives.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2011, 07:00 PM
They are so deluded it's unreal. They think John Sutton is a better buy than Garry O'connor, makes me laugh. Hopefully they'll get what's coming to them

That'll probably be a lot closer to the truth than most of the pish they spout!
Hopefully not though!

Pedantic_Hibee
19-06-2011, 07:03 PM
They employ sexual predators, I wouldn't pay attention to a word they say.

Horse
19-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Hearts have bought a bunch of average SPL players who will most likely be good enough to get them into the top 6 but not much more. On top of that they have released players (and will probably release a few more) who got them 3rd place last season and in all honesty produced some pretty decent displays last season. Overall, I think Hearts next season will be slightly weaker than they were last season.

Hibs (so far) have got rid of the deadwood that threatened to drag us into a relegation battle last year and have made 3 signings of a real good standard (in SPL terms) and I'd imagine Calderwood will bring in a few more, probably from England, of a decent standard. Signings made in the last transfer window like Palsson, who made an immediate impact, will benefit from having better quality players around them as will the young guys in the squad. Overall, I think Hibs will be considerably stronger next season than we were last (Not that that would be difficult). We may also have the benefit of the surprise factor early in the season as teams will take a while to get the measure of us given that we will be a completely different team to last season.

I am beginning to feel much more confident that we'll be a far better side next year but will say no more than that because as always, bad luck with injuries and suspensions will have a huge impact on our capabilities due to the size of squad we are likely to have.

Jambos will no doubt be shouting from the rooftops that they will be pushing the old firm for the title, rekindling their "special relationship" with the Scottish Cup and doing everything possible to avoid the embarrassment of winning the league cup which they have done so well over the years in achieving. They spout the same old crap every year. Let them rant on about being a huge team and sit quietly and wait for the season to unfold, I am quietly confident that CC has a few more aces up his sleeve than JJ.

R'Albin
21-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Just noticed this on KB ....

"Good friend of mine went through schol with him, said he was a terrible bully and used to take others kids dinner money off them. Always fighted with people, thick as mince and borderline ****** (apparently)."

:faf:

bingo70
21-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Just noticed this on KB ....

"Good friend of mine went through schol with him, said he was a terrible bully and used to take others kids dinner money off them. Always fighted with people, thick as mince and borderline ****** (apparently)."

:faf:

Would that not make him quite a good bully?

i'd rather be a bully than a beast :agree:

frazeHFC
21-06-2011, 09:27 AM
The cockier they get the better. Makes it even better when we beat them, when.

Hal Jordan
21-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Always fighted with people

Nearly peed masel' reading that :faf: