PDA

View Full Version : The easy way to stop smoking.

Pete
18-06-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm 3/4 of the way through Allen Carrs book and already I feel like a non-smoker....even though I am still smoking. I'm still having a can and puffing away but I now know why.

If you want to stop then please read this book. If you have already then please read it again...only more slowly. I don't mean to sound patronising but that's what I had to do. The first time I read it 3/4 of the way through then stopped. The second time I took in everything very slowly and absorbed every word and was reduced to tears on occasions.
I now realise that that was the hard work being done that "willpower" people go through after they have stopped.
I honestly cant wait to finish the book and have my last fag. It will be a celebration.

It's mad that I haven't even finished the book and I am still smoking yet still rejoicing in the fact that I am a non-smoker. Never mind the fact that this "miracle" is all happening by simply reading a book.

I honestly don't know why I'm posting this at this stage but I'm sure others who have stopped by using this method will understand.

Hibbyradge...and others...thank you.:top marks

ArabHibee
18-06-2011, 07:32 AM
I read that book, thot it was great. Never got to the end of it though, that would have meant smoking my last fag! :tee hee:

Seriously though, I do agree with you. What the Allan Carr says makes total sense and when reading some of it, you feel a bit stupid that you didn't think these things before, its that simple.
I needed a little extra help to stop but always had this book handy just in case I had a wobbly moment.

stoneyburn hibs
18-06-2011, 09:11 AM
what is the name of the book ?, i may give it a go

got it

Danderhall Hibs
18-06-2011, 09:16 AM
what is the name of the book ?, i may give it a go

Chatty Man.

lyonhibs
18-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Chatty Man.

:tee hee:

:tsk tsk:

stoneyburn hibs
18-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Chatty Man.

Aye cheers pal :slipper:

Removed
18-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Quitting smoking was the easiest thing I've done in my life.

It was so easy infact, I've done it 14 times now :greengrin

Dinkydoo
20-06-2011, 10:06 AM
I quit last August, after smoking for 6 years.

I went cold turkey but heard form people at my work who had went on the Allan Carr course down south and after a week, never touched another fag - I think the course cost about a grand, which does seem a bit much, but the only way some people can stop.

Seems like his methods really do work in changing your mindset about smoking.

Saying that, doing it the hard way (cold turkey) isn't that bad; once you get past the first three days you're well on your way IMO.

The hardest part for me was getting to sleep at night whilst feeling dizzy and pissed off - after two weeks I'd made it though.

You can do it. :agree:

Woody1985
20-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Attempt two to stop has commenced today. I managed 5 days the last time and bought a pack before I entered a pub because I knew the drink would be the downfall.

steakbake
20-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I read that book, thot it was great. Never got to the end of it though, that would have meant smoking my last fag! :tee hee:

Seriously though, I do agree with you. What the Allan Carr says makes total sense and when reading some of it, you feel a bit stupid that you didn't think these things before, its that simple.
I needed a little extra help to stop but always had this book handy just in case I had a wobbly moment.

I used this one too.

It was excellent. I have not looked back and I don't miss smoking. In fact, I feel like a total idiot for smoking in the first place. I also pity the foo's who continue to smoke.

People talk about "giving up", but the question Carr puts is, what is it that you are really "giving up"?

stoneyburn hibs
20-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I used this one too.

It was excellent. I have not looked back and I don't miss smoking. In fact, I feel like a total idiot for smoking in the first place. I also pity the foo's who continue to smoke.

People talk about "giving up", but the question Carr puts is, what is it that you are really "giving up"?

Got the book last night on the kindle, fingers crossed it will work for me after several failed attempts

ArabHibee
20-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Got the book last night on the kindle, fingers crossed it will work for me after several failed attempts

Fingers crossed for you and good luck:thumbsup:
Just have an open mind and you'll be fine.

Onceinawhile
20-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm going to quite gradually, first I'll lose one lung, then the other. Then that's me.

steakbake
20-06-2011, 09:01 PM

Would be interested to know how you get on.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll be enjoying a smoke free life soon. No more stinking clothes, no more wasted money, no more having to slink outside for a ciggy like you're some kind of outcast... and that's before you even begin to consider the benefits to your health!

stoneyburn hibs
20-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Fingers crossed for you and good luck:thumbsup:
Just have an open mind and you'll be fine.

thanks , will do

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I smoked, on and off, since I was about 11 years old. The bulk of my smoking was when I was younger. I quit smoking a few times but never considered myself a "real" smoker because, unlike when I was younger, I didn't always smoke every day and never in the morning, etc. Add alcohol to the mix and all bets were off.

I quit in November of 2003 and it was totally unexpected. I was at my doctor for a checkup (sore throat) and he asked if I was a smoker. I told him that I had quit but started again. He told me it was time to quit again. Now I'm not going to suggest that what I will tell you here will work for you but it worked for me. He told me to imagine two rooms in my head. In one of those rooms there are things that are bad for me but as long as I keep them in moderation, things will be OK. He was talking about crap food like pizza, drinking alcohol, etc. He then said there is another room containing things that are NEVER good for you and this room, for me, was pretty much full of cigarettes. There is no such thing as "a good cigarette". "One won't hurt me", is a pile of crap too. That was the first message he drummed into me.

So he asked me a question, "Do you want to smoke?" and I said, "No.". He told me that's the hard part. Any time in the future when I am teetering on the edge, gasping for a cigarette, if I found myself asking the question, "Can I have this cigarette?", I didn't need to pain myself searching for the answer because the question had been asked before and I answered with an emphatic NO. This sounds overly simplistic but, for me, it worked. I would be sitting by the computer, maybe with a glass of wine, and then the pang would hit me and I would want to light up. At first I would sit there and stew but I always came back to this. NO. I do not want to smoke. Sure, at that point in time I was gasping but in the grand scheme of things, NO, I do not want to smoke.

I did that and here I am over 7 years later, smoke free.

There is a physical component to the addiction, no doubt, but I found that I had the mental strength to override that. It was tough at first but it gets easier. I don't want a cigarette now or ever again but I know for a fact that if I put one in my mouth and took a drag, it wouldn't disgust me (not the same way as it usually does when you first start smoking). I'll spare you the details of how I know that for a fact, just in case you're eating. LOL.

Woody1985
20-06-2011, 09:18 PM

did you start from today?

I did, felt like a smoke about three or four times and the girlfriends fags almost tempted me when I got in and never got me!

Strange as it is I enjoy smoking from time to time.

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 09:23 PM

I did, felt like a smoke about three or four times and the girlfriends fags almost tempted me when I got in and never got me!

That was EXACTLY what held me back for years. I didn't smoke ALL the time and when I did I typically enjoyed it - after a nice meal for example. It seemed like harmless recreation when compared to the "two pack a day" crowd. But as I learned, there is no such thing as harmless smoking.

Woody1985
20-06-2011, 09:41 PM
That was EXACTLY what held me back for years. I didn't smoke ALL the time and when I did I typically enjoyed it - after a nice meal for example. It seemed like harmless recreation when compared to the "two pack a day" crowd. But as I learned, there is no such thing as harmless smoking.

I'm going to try and resist. I started boxing training and smoking kills the lungs.

I didn't mention above but for The week or so following me starting again, after the 5 days, was the most I've ever enjoyed it.

stoneyburn hibs
20-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Would be interested to know how you get on.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll be enjoying a smoke free life soon. No more stinking clothes, no more wasted money, no more having to slink outside for a ciggy like you're some kind of outcast... and that's before you even begin to consider the benefits to your health!

thanks for the support, i will post on the (hopefully) progress

ArabHibee
20-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't want a cigarette now or ever again but I know for a fact that if I put one in my mouth and took a drag, it wouldn't disgust me.
That's the bit that gets me. I would like to try a cigarette to see if it now tastes horrible to me but am scared incase I enjoy it and take it up again.

stoneyburn hibs
20-06-2011, 10:28 PM

Got through a few pages of the book last night and the author wrote if you have not been trying to stop at this point of the book, then dont worry about it

So i am still smoking , and will do until the time comes during the book, whenever that may be, should finish the book in about a weeks time , as arab said in a previous post , i will try to keep an open mind on reading the book, and will follow it to the letter, i really do want this to work.

Think one of the biggest hurdles for me will be at work, work for myself , 90% of the time alone, and can have a smoke as and when i please

Woody1985
20-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Got through a few pages of the book last night and the author wrote if you have not been trying to stop at this point of the book, then dont worry about it

So i am still smoking , and will do until the time comes during the book, whenever that may be, should finish the book in about a weeks time , as arab said in a previous post , i will try to keep an open mind on reading the book, and will follow it to the letter, i really do want this to work.

Think one of the biggest hurdles for me will be at work, work for myself , 90% of the time alone, and can have a smoke as and when i please

At my work we need to be in at set times but are on flex. Just before the core times in you get the little groups that go for the last few minutes of non core time.. It's like the walk of shame going for one!

EH6 Hibby
20-06-2011, 10:38 PM

It will probably sound very strange, but I was given the advice when I stopped smoking of using a straw whenever I felt like I wanted to have a cigarette, it really worked for me although I must have looked a right muppet sitting smoking a straw. Also a DS or some other portable gaming device could help to distract you, I played my sons DS for the first few weeks to keep my hands busy.

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 11:24 PM
That's the bit that gets me. I would like to try a cigarette to see if it now tastes horrible to me but am scared incase I enjoy it and take it up again.

I am sure everyone is different but I know that they don't taste horrible. Nor does it make me cough up a lung. The reason I know is I tried one a few years ago and it was fine. I didn't smoke it all and I didn't "enjoy" it but it didn't make me want to puke.

Read on at your peril.

The reason I tried one a few years ago is because I was having some bathroom issues and smoking a butt always used to get things moving, so that's what I tried at that time (to no avail).

HibsMax
20-06-2011, 11:28 PM

That does make it tougher. Lots of people can't smoke because of their environment, you don't have that obstacle.

Try another approach. Not a replacement but something to help you along. Do you smoke a lot? My parents smoked their faces off and when they both quit they noticed how much they had been spending. It shocked them. Maybe every time you want a cigarette you put X pounds (whatever, you figure out the denomination) aside for a treat instead of smoking?

Maybe start a thread, for you and others (I'm sure this would have to be in the Dug Out) and post every day you go without a cigarette. More importantly, post every time you have a slip-up! Not so you can be lambasted but so you can receive the encouragement and support of others.

Maybe quitting will make your season ticket that more affordable. :wink:

EDIT: speaking of quitting, don't use that term because it has negative implications. So rather than quitting smoking, you're starting to live without smoking.

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I am sure everyone is different but I know that they don't taste horrible. Nor does it make me cough up a lung. The reason I know is I tried one a few years ago and it was fine. I didn't smoke it all and I didn't "enjoy" it but it didn't make me want to puke.

Read on at your peril.

The reason I tried one a few years ago is because I was having some bathroom issues and smoking a butt always used to get things moving, so that's what I tried at that time (to no avail).
I know exactly where you are coming from.:wink:

Hibbyradge
21-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Hibbyradge...and others...thank you.:top marks

Just follow Allen Carr's simple instructions and you will stop, easily.

He talks about you having a "revelation" or something a few days after you stop? I can't remember his exact phrase, but it really does happen.

Hitting your head of a wall just to enjoy the feeling of not hitting your head of a wall. It makes no sense!

steakbake
21-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Just follow Allen Carr's simple instructions and you will stop, easily.

He talks about you having a "revelation" or something a few days after you stop? I can't remember his exact phrase, but it really does happen.

Hitting your head of a wall just to enjoy the feeling of not hitting your head of a wall. It makes no sense!

This is true.

HibsMax
21-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Or just check out these ads / warnings (http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/06/21/cigarette.labels/index.html)

Woody1985
21-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Day 2. This is Easy.:greengrin

Hibby D
21-06-2011, 04:31 PM
I have been a non-smoker for 3 weeks and 4 days.

I've saved £150 so far :aok:

This is my 3rd attempt in as many years and unlike the two previous occasions I know now that I cannot put a cigarette near my mouth again in the belief I can have the "odd one" and still be a non-smoker!

I'm either a smoker or I'm not.

Today I am not going to smoke :agree:

:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2011, 05:18 PM
It will probably sound very strange, but I was given the advice when I stopped smoking of using a straw whenever I felt like I wanted to have a cigarette, it really worked for me although I must have looked a right muppet sitting smoking a straw. Also a DS or some other portable gaming device could help to distract you, I played my sons DS for the first few weeks to keep my hands busy.

i will definitely need a distraction, maybe get a wee shot of the sons ipod touch

Hibbyradge
21-06-2011, 05:30 PM
i will definitely need a distraction, maybe get a wee shot of the sons ipod touch

You won't need a distraction if you read the book and follow the simple instructions.

ArabHibee
21-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I have been a non-smoker for 3 weeks and 4 days.

I've saved £150 so far :aok:

This is my 3rd attempt in as many years and unlike the two previous occasions I know now that I cannot put a cigarette near my mouth again in the belief I can have the "odd one" and still be a non-smoker!

I'm either a smoker or I'm not.

Today I am not going to smoke :agree:

:greengrin

I'm sure your short stay in hospital has probably helped greatly too. :wink:
Hope you are on the mend. :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2011, 05:34 PM
That does make it tougher. Lots of people can't smoke because of their environment, you don't have that obstacle.

Try another approach. Not a replacement but something to help you along. Do you smoke a lot? My parents smoked their faces off and when they both quit they noticed how much they had been spending. It shocked them. Maybe every time you want a cigarette you put X pounds (whatever, you figure out the denomination) aside for a treat instead of smoking?

Maybe start a thread, for you and others (I'm sure this would have to be in the Dug Out) and post every day you go without a cigarette. More importantly, post every time you have a slip-up! Not so you can be lambasted but so you can receive the encouragement and support of others.

Maybe quitting will make your season ticket that more affordable. :wink:

EDIT: speaking of quitting, don't use that term because it has negative implications. So rather than quitting smoking, you're starting to live without smoking.

I usually get through about 20-25 a day, and with regards to encouragement/support , any kind would be most welcome.

One thing i have not done is tell family and friends of my intentions, not even the wife is aware of this, maybe im being a bit daft but i feel that if i let on about it i will put extra pressure on myself.

I also have a potential headache this coming friday night, been invited to a free food and drink gig organised by the plumbers merchants i use, reluctant to miss it due to the money i have handed over to this mob over the years.

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2011, 05:39 PM
You won't need a distraction if you read the book and follow the simple instructions.

id rather not need a distraction, you make it sound so simple, :pray:

Hibbyradge
21-06-2011, 06:14 PM
id rather not need a distraction, you make it sound so simple, :pray:

I smoked for about 30 years. I was great at it. Often had 3 in my pit before getting up. Like you 20-25 a day and as many as the drink needed at ther weekend.

I read the book in a day, smoked while I did so, stopped that same day and I have never even considered having another cigatette since.

No patches, no polo mints, no distractions, no struggle with my will power.

Best book I have ever read, and the guy's not even a writer. Superb.

Hibby D
21-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm sure your short stay in hospital has probably helped greatly too. :wink:
Hope you are on the mend. :greengrin

On the contrary. Being a non-smoker made my stay in hospital easier. I couldn't have gone ten hours without a fag before, never mind ten days :hyper:

And whilst being wheeled out of there today I passed by the smoking area. Oh my God there was one patient in pajammies and slippers standing with his drip at his side!!! Would I have been that desperate in the past??? Probably, yes :agree:

But not any more - no siree :smokin:

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I smoked for about 30 years. I was great at it. Often had 3 in my pit before getting up. Like you 20-25 a day and as many as the drink needed at ther weekend.

I read the book in a day, smoked while I did so, stopped that same day and I have never even considered having another cigatette since.

No patches, no polo mints, no distractions, no struggle with my will power.

Best book I have ever read, and the guy's not even a writer. Superb.

That was an amazing feat , very well done

Pete
22-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Bloody bollocks! Had my last fag on monday morning and here I am 48 hours later smoking away.

I read the last quarter of the book with a cold/man-flu thing when my head was up my erse. It still is.

It was OK on the first day but yesterday was a bad day and the "pangs" took over and rode roughshod over everything. I'm back to smoking automatically.

Pretty depressed that I've failed but I know it's my own fault for not getting the right frame of mind and doing more to get rid of the big one (those who have read the book will know what I mean).

I should have known because when I was about to have my last fag I was thinking about going somewhere special to have it.

It was also as if I was saying goodbye to an old friend when I'd finished it...tapping the wheelie bin I'd just put my last fag into.
Looking back they are surely big no-no's. Giving the cigarette and my smoking too much value.

Something hasn't sunk in so it's time to start again.

gordoz
22-06-2011, 07:00 AM
The wife and I were both heavy smokers about 40 to 50 a day each since we were teenagers about 30 years ago.

I read Carrs book and quit easily. The wife read it after me and she also found it easy to quit . We have both been happy non smokers for nearly 5 years now.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to quit. If you take your time and read the whole book you should be able to quit no worries:aok:

heretoday
23-06-2011, 07:54 PM
It only takes one whiff of the air outside Tesco or any pub to remind me how horrible I used to feel smoking.

The ability to take a flight of stairs two at a time without sweating or opting for the lift is so great.

mrdependable
23-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Its interesting to hear about how you are all getting on as i gave up earlier this week.
i gave up for over a year a few years back (thanks to the Allan Carr book which i recommend). Having not been tempted in all that time i started having the odd one...
Anyway, im doing it for real this time. I know from the past that its not that hard and it doesnt take long to feel the benefits to health, wallet etc.
Enjoy being a non smoker :aok:

Woody1985
23-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Smoking tonight. Day four. Went for a pint.

HibsMax
23-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Bloody bollocks! Had my last fag on monday morning and here I am 48 hours later smoking away.

I read the last quarter of the book with a cold/man-flu thing when my head was up my erse. It still is.

It was OK on the first day but yesterday was a bad day and the "pangs" took over and rode roughshod over everything. I'm back to smoking automatically.

Pretty depressed that I've failed but I know it's my own fault for not getting the right frame of mind and doing more to get rid of the big one (those who have read the book will know what I mean).

I should have known because when I was about to have my last fag I was thinking about going somewhere special to have it.

It was also as if I was saying goodbye to an old friend when I'd finished it...tapping the wheelie bin I'd just put my last fag into.
Looking back they are surely big no-no's. Giving the cigarette and my smoking too much value.

Something hasn't sunk in so it's time to start again.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I don't know if you remember when you started smoking, I do (me, not you) and I recall not liking it. I had to learn to like cigarettes, then the addiction came so that "liking" wasn't even a factor. I don't know what that book tells you to do and I don't want to trod all over the instructions so I'll not say any more. If you want to know how I beat the cancer sticks, read earlier in this thread. Your mileage might vary.

I'm confident that if you REALLY want to stop smoking, you can do it. You CAN overcome this. You WILL beat this!

leemel
24-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Just ordered a copy.fingers crossed!

RickyS
25-06-2011, 03:31 PM
i stopped 3 months ago and I found it really easy....honest
I am not showing off, i am not saying i have huge will power
I was prescribed Champix by my Doctor. the easy explanation is that
it turns off the nicotine receptor in the brain. and it worked an absolute dream.
I cannot believe what this drug done for me, it made it easy.
yeah u still get a few cravings but nothing that a wee drop will power can't handle.
in short I feel great, f you want to stop then ask the Doc for Champix!!!!

http://www.champixinfo.co.uk/

EH6 Hibby
25-06-2011, 08:55 PM
it turns off the nicotine receptor in the brain. and it worked an absolute dream.
yeah u still get a few cravings but nothing that a wee drop will power can't handle.

That's what I used, can't recommend it highly enough, I know a few other people that have stopped using it too.

RickyS
26-06-2011, 08:40 PM
That's what I used, can't recommend it highly enough, I know a few other people that have stopped using it too.

i can't believe how little is known about it tho, cos if someone had told me when i smoked that there was a wee tablet that took 85% of the grief away and it would be pretty easy i would have tried ages ago!

Hibbyradge
26-06-2011, 10:03 PM
What are the health benefits of stopping smoking?

The risk of getting cancer and other diseases reduces after you stop smoking, including:

•The risk of cancers of the mouth, throat and oesphagus are halved after you have quit for five years.

•The risk of cancer of the lung is halved after you have quit for ten years.

•The risk of heart disease is halved after you have quit for one year, and after fifteen years the risk is almost as low as if you had never smoked.

•The risk of a low birth weight baby is removed if you quit before you fall pregnant or during the first three months of pregnancy.

•Lung function increases by up to 10% between three and nine months after quitting, improving your "smoker's cough" and wheeziness

ArabHibee
26-06-2011, 10:12 PM

i can't believe how little is known about it tho, cos if someone had told me when i smoked that there was a wee tablet that took 85% of the grief away and it would be pretty easy i would have tried ages ago!

Is it maybe to do with side effects? I know when I stopped, I used Zyban which was prescribed by my doctor and I know they stopped using it because of the side effects of depression and suicide - lol!!
The only side effects I had was sleep disturbance. Had a mare for about 2 weeks but persevered and never looked back. Fluck the nicotine patches, tablets from the doc are the way to go!! :thumbsup:

libernian
29-06-2011, 11:26 PM
well done to all who have quit!

i love smoking

BUT, i have bought this book after reading this thread. tho i am quite scared to read it - i might now want a fag!!

may read a few pages but will continue to smoke whilst reading it just so when i want to quit i can.

p.s. i do actually want to quit... but still enjoy it!

stoneyburn hibs
01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Ok this post on this subject is probably about a week later than i anticipated, since my last post i basically got frightened and never read any more of the book for 9 days, finished it yesterday afternoon, i was basically in denial as i could have done the book in a day or two.

Its easily more than 24 hours now and i am still clean (this may seem pathetic to a lot reading this) , but its hard going , its like a part of you is missing and there is a void a huge void at times, as i write this im having a beer in the house and the wife is a smoker, fidgety as ***** , but i really want to be rid of this monster

ArabHibee
01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Ok this post on this subject is probably about a week later than i anticipated, since my last post i basically got frightened and never read any more of the book for 9 days, finished it yesterday afternoon, i was basically in denial as i could have done the book in a day or two.

Its easily more than 24 hours now and i am still clean (this may seem pathetic to a lot reading this) , but its hard going , its like a part of you is missing and there is a void a huge void at times, as i write this im having a beer in the house and the wife is a smoker, fidgety as ***** , but i really want to be rid of this monster

Stick with it, you know in the back of your head that you are doing the right thing. When I stopped, my other half (at the time) continued to smoke and it didn't really bother me. I actually noticed that I got really twitchy about 2 months after I had given up and he went away on business, which meant the house was smoke free. Must have been getting a wee hit from the secondary smoke.
Keep at it, one day at a time. :aok:

fat freddy
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
best book ever!...after 26 years of smoking i finally kicked the habit 4 years ago thanks to this book...i think of it as a book that re conditions the brain and strips it of the brainwashing that the tobacco companies have planted inside it...i now despise smokers for the gullible, deluded, smelly cash cows that they are....probably because i see my former self in them.

Pete
02-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Cheers for the encouragement max.

I think there might be a flaw or two in the book as far as I'm concerned.

Its when he talks about the enjoyment of inhaling as being fake and "suffocation". I do like that sensation and don't get that comparison. Maybe he doesn't stress that enough because while it might be true...it simply doesn't register.

The second is that there is a contradiction in the book. I can't remember it and it was subtle...but it was enough to blow the theory out the water at the time of weakness.

stoneyburn hibs
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Stick with it, you know in the back of your head that you are doing the right thing. When I stopped, my other half (at the time) continued to smoke and it didn't really bother me. I actually noticed that I got really twitchy about 2 months after I had given up and he went away on business, which meant the house was smoke free. Must have been getting a wee hit from the secondary smoke.
Keep at it, one day at a time. :aok:

thanks arab , well i managed to make it through the weekend without folding , and that included a night at the boozer on sat , so im quite pleased with myself