PDA

View Full Version : 23rd July Hibernian V Celtic

johnrebus
17-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Let us hit the ground running

:agree:

Spike Mandela
17-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Just out of interest how many season ticket holders on .net are away on summer holidays at this time?

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Just out of interest how many season ticket holders on .net are away on summer holidays at this time?

I am away, as is my son and dad :rolleyes:

marinello59
17-06-2011, 04:03 PM

It's a great fixture to start with. Already counting down the days. :flag:

Hibs Class
17-06-2011, 04:06 PM
We are back by then so will be there. Still feels too early to be starting the season though.

Dirkster23
17-06-2011, 04:06 PM

I'll still be in Crete :boo hoo:

sunshine1875
17-06-2011, 04:29 PM

Agree - though think the game will be moved to the Sunday for TV

FifeHibby
17-06-2011, 04:33 PM

I will miss it, don't come home from Cape Verde Islands until the 24th.

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2011, 04:42 PM
When will we know what day and time this match will take place? Its murder booking train tickets for these games. :grr:

lyonhibs
17-06-2011, 04:43 PM

I know of at least 1 ST who'll be on a weekend away in Lisbon with me.

offshorehibby
17-06-2011, 04:44 PM
It's going to be a bad season for me, away for more games i'm home for including the opener. On the bright side i'd imagine it's on the telly box.

wick hibby
17-06-2011, 04:46 PM

Please tell us more lol:wink:

malcky
17-06-2011, 05:51 PM

fingers crossed supposed to be working:grr:

Love the Green
17-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Typical the people that run scottish football dont give a **** about the fans, what with the first home game being in the middle of the holidays, Monday games, Sunday games and lunchtime Saturday games a season ticket for us will actuallyt not be worth it despite having 3 for 15 years now.
I would be better off walking up for games whichh would probably mean not attending the holy ground in adverse weather conditions.

"keep the faith"
:wink::confused:

McBHibee
17-06-2011, 09:22 PM
For once I hope the game gets moved to the Sunday, obviously for purely selfish reasons. Remind me, why are we starting the season during the summer holidays and who benefits?:confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Ironic that the reason why they started the season earlier was to avoid too many midweek games, yet our game against St Johnstone due to be played on Sat 6th Aug will probably now be played on a midweek.

Judas Iscariot
17-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I hope it's moved to the Sunday as TV coverage suggests..

scoopyboy
17-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Ironic that the reason why they started the season earlier was to avoid too many midweek games, yet our game against St Johnstone due to be played on Sat 6th Aug will probably now be played on a midweek.

I thought the reason was to help the Scottish clubs in Europe.

CallumLaidlaw
17-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I just can't believe that I have 3 weekends away planned between now and Christmas, and we are at home for all of them :rolleyes:

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-06-2011, 10:08 PM

Agreed, but It was also to reduce the number of midweek games. We should be playing St Johnstone at home in the SPL on 6th Aug yet we're playing a meaningless friendly. I know the SPL gave every club the option of cancelling an early fixture but I'd rather we were playing a league game that weekend rather than a friendly.

pacorosssco
17-06-2011, 10:42 PM

get ursell doon the quayside. a great night out and better than town centre

frazeHFC
17-06-2011, 11:31 PM

Me, my brother and my dad are still in Malta. We would make it if it is moved to the Sunday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-06-2011, 11:32 AM
If the sectarian abuse laws get rushed through, it may well be one of the last times that the away end is full of Celtc fans. In fact, it may very well be near empty by the half time whistle. Wouldn't want to miss that. :rolleyes:

hibee-shtuggie
18-06-2011, 01:04 PM
If this game was two weeks later, and with that mob coming to town, it could genuinely be a full house on the cards. Can't see it being full on the 23rd july though imo

lyonhibs
18-06-2011, 01:06 PM
If the sectarian abuse laws actually get applied week in, week out, it may well be one of the last times that the away end is full of Celtc fans. In fact, it may very well be near empty by the half time whistle. Wouldn't want to miss that. :rolleyes:

A wee modification.

As we all know, they won't. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2011, 01:36 PM
If the sectarian abuse laws get rushed through, it may well be one of the last times that the away end is full of Celtc fans. In fact, it may very well be near empty by the half time whistle. Wouldn't want to miss that. :rolleyes:

The police have stated on tv they dont think they can arrest their way out of the problem. Thats just saying they wont even try and uphold the law?:confused: Some interesting times ahead, but imo nothing will change.

LancashireHibby
18-06-2011, 05:36 PM
The police have stated on tv they dont think they can arrest their way out of the problem. Thats just saying they wont even try and uphold the law?:confused: Some interesting times ahead, but imo nothing will change.

Arrests on the day would just divert resources away in case it kicks off. Main way of combating it would be to make arrests during the week based on surveillance at games.

As for the Celtic game, I can't make that weekend (my weekend 'off' the week before for the Barnsley game and a weekend in Blackpool for the rugby) so will selfishly hope it's on the telly.

macca70
18-06-2011, 07:24 PM

I thought the season was starting earlier to allow it to finish earlier as it's the Euro Champs next summer.

Not that Scotlsnd will be involved :grr:

LancashireHibby
18-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought the season was starting earlier to allow it to finish earlier as it's the Euro Champs next summer.

Not that Scotlsnd will be involved :grr:

Can't be that as the EPL season begins on the same weekend as last season. I got the impression that it was to allow more flexibility when umpteen games are called off during the winter? Though possibly as some assistance to those clubs playing in the Euro qualifying rounds.

California-Hibs
19-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm in Malaga and will be missing it :grr::grr::brickwall
Totally gutted if i'm being honest. I'm just praying that it'll be chosen to be on tv, that way i can find a wee sports bar somewhere, get the Hibs top on and watch it! I cant remember EVER watching a game on tv where Hibs have been at home and i wasn't there. Gutted.

KWJ
19-06-2011, 04:44 AM
Happy to take a ST or two and keep someone's seat warm!

:wink::thumbsup:

malcky
19-06-2011, 09:10 AM
I hope it's moved to the Sunday as TV coverage suggests..

when are we likely to find out?

TheMentalHibees
19-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Day before I get back from Tenerife. Sigh.

blueisthecolour
20-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I think there is a chance of an early kickoff on the sat, I'm sure this was the case last season or the one before.

CallumHibs07
20-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Looks like a lot of people will be away, what a ridiculous time to start the season. Expect more huge gaps in the stands :grr: