PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Community Foundation - 10k Run

Mikey
17-06-2011, 08:39 AM
On Sunday coming, 19th June, the Club will be represented in a 10k run in Glasgow's Bellahouston Park to raise funds for the Club's charity, the Hibernian Community Foundation. The Foundation was established over 3 years ago to provide opportunities for members of our community who may otherwise struggle to access learning, health advice or the employment market.

In that time we have made massive progress in leading the country in our development of opportunities for the development of Disabled Football as well as tackling the stigma associated with learning difficulties. Our Learning Centre has delivered over 40,000 learner hours and has helped significant numbers of homeless people towards employment as well as enhancing the opportunities of hundreds of people from difficult or disadvantaged backgrounds.

Our First Team Manager, Colin Calderwood, is doing his bit by joining Club Directors and backroom staff on the run (Scott Lindsay, Garry O'Hagan, Jamie Marwick, David Woodison, and Alan Bain). Fair to say that those of us who sit behind desks most of the time have had to work pretty hard in preparation for the run and whilst it's not intended as a race, the fight to avoid last place could be brutal!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110607/gruelling-pre-season-for-directors_2262950_2372767

The link above provides some more details but we are looking for your support. The link below allows donations to be made directly to the Foundation's JustGiving site and we would be grateful for absolutely any support that you feel able to provide. We have set ourselves a target of £2,500 and still have some way to go to reach our goal.

http://www.justgiving.com/Hibernian-Runners

We appreciate that you might receive many similar requests but hope that you will feel able to support us by helping us to continue to expand the positive impact that we are having.

I've seen a few things that the Hibernian Community Foundation does and they just quietly get on with doing good things without making a fuss about it. They're well worth supporting.

Mikey
17-06-2011, 10:48 AM
We've taken back a few extra ginger bottles this morning and cobbled together enough for a donation from under the hibs.net mattress.

They're still pretty short of their target so.............. :wink:

DaveF
17-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I've seen a few things that the Hibernian Community Foundation does and they just quietly get on with doing good things without making a fuss about it. They're well worth supporting.

All part of the Hibs PR problem, IMO.

More fuss = more publicity = more money perhaps?

Mikey
18-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Bump!

Iggy Pope
18-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I'll just bump this up again as I posted a thread a few weeks back on the very subject as Garry O'Hagan had helped out with a wee fundraiser....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?210919-Hibernian-Community-Foundation-Please-Read&highlight=

Mikey
18-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Excellent response in the last 24 hours or so. They're much closer to their target now.