PDA

View Full Version : 70 Years a hibs Fan

spike220
17-06-2011, 08:07 AM
My old man is celebrating his 70th soon and has been a hibs fan since the day he was born, he used to climb over the wall (or so the story goes) before he could afford a ticket, and when he since he got a job he would always get extra tickets and take his wee nephews with him and turned them them all into hibs fans.He did the same with us when we were born. So we had no choice we were born into hibs. Anyway to cut along story short I would really like a few ideas on a special gifts (hibs related would be ideal). Any ideas welcome, and no smart comments thanks.

GGTTH

Hibs07p
17-06-2011, 08:19 AM
What about this.

http://www.nutsaboutfootball.com/documents/hibernian-leather-bound-football-book.html

GGTTH

Hillsidehibby
17-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Try and get him a programme from his first Hibs game.

I know being 70 would make him born in the war but do some research.

I got my first game programme from someone on here.

EskbankHibby
17-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Might seem a bit obvious mate but could you treat him to hospitality for a big game?

Memorabilia is all fine and dandy but if your old man is anything like mine he might like a good day out with the family taking in a game with some grub a few drinks and a blether with some Hibs players.

spike220
17-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Might seem a bit obvious mate but could you treat him to hospitality for a big game?

Memorabilia is all fine and dandy but if your old man is anything like mine he might like a good day out with the family taking in a game with some grub a few drinks and a blether with some Hibs players.

These are some good ideas, what would you expect to pay roughly per person for something like that?

TornadoHibby
17-06-2011, 09:09 AM
What about this.

http://www.nutsaboutfootball.com/documents/hibernian-leather-bound-football-book.html

GGTTH

It's absolutely brilliant! :agree:

I got it for my Dad's birthday later this year (he's a good bit older than the OP's Dad!) and found myself engrossed in it tbh!:agree:

Make sure you get the "gift label" personalised for him as that does add the "final touch" IMO! :wink:

My Dad, still a ST holder at ER, won't be getting his till later in the year but I just know he's gonna love it! :wink: :agree:

RIP
17-06-2011, 09:20 AM
You should pay for him ti get a Gordon Smith tattoo:greengrin

StevieC
17-06-2011, 09:26 AM
No disrespect to your auld man and his excellent mile stone, but I've never bought into the "born a hibby" philosophy.

You may well be "destined" to be a hibby from birth but I dont think you actually become a hibby until you've attended your first football match.

As mentioned above, a match programme from his first game. The programme shop on Albion Road is pretty good for that sort of thing. And remember to also get the programme from a couple of weeks later as that might have the match report from that first game.

:wink:

Niffy
17-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I was thinking the same, good on the old boy, but I was brought up by a blue nose and my grandad a very strong Jambo with good football connections, but when I was old enough to go to matches I was allowed to pick my own team.

Gawd knows why I picked Hibs, if only I could go back in time :) That was about 1972.

EskbankHibby
17-06-2011, 10:12 AM
These are some good ideas, what would you expect to pay roughly per person for something like that?

Depends on the game and the type of hospitality. We looked into it a wee while back and it was going to work out about £90 a head for the package we looked at.

Contact the club, they will be more specific.

hibees59
17-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Here's the hospitality details for the pre season friendlies.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CurrentOffers/0,,10290,00.html

MSK
17-06-2011, 11:35 AM
It's absolutely brilliant! :agree:

I got it for my Dad's birthday later this year (he's a good bit older than the OP's Dad!) and found myself engrossed in it tbh!:agree:

Make sure you get the "gift label" personalised for him as that does add the "final touch" IMO! :wink:

My Dad, still a ST holder at ER, won't be getting his till later in the year but I just know he's gonna love it! :wink: :agree:Got it for my late Father in law ..he absolutley loved the book ...best money we ever spent on a present ..:agree:

Spike ..yer auld fella would love this book ...:aok:

ronaldo7
17-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Take him down to the Holy ground on Sunday for Father's day, and whet his whistle for the big one in the real Hospitality at a match of his choosing.

Ye canny whack it.

erin go bragh
17-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I was thinking the same, good on the old boy, but I was brought up by a blue nose and my grandad a very strong Jambo with good football connections, but when I was old enough to go to matches I was allowed to pick my own team.

Gawd knows why I picked Hibs, if only I could go back in time :) That was about 1972.
Glory hunter :greengrin :devil:
ggtth