PDA

View Full Version : Hibs strongest position

HibeeSince85
16-06-2011, 09:56 PM
What position since you've been watching Hibs would you say we've been strongest in?

On the Gordon thread, I'd just been saying as a nation we've always produced excellent goalies since I've watched fitba, can't say the same with Hibs after the not so distant past.

At Hibs, it's been up front, Jackson, Wright, Riordan, Gaz, Miller, Mixu, Killen, Stokes, real talent and good goals scorers in there, there will be players before my time and players I've missed, what the other thoughts?

Craig_in_Prague
16-06-2011, 10:00 PM
What position since you've been watching Hibs would you say we've been strongest in?

On the Gordon thread, I'd just been saying as a nation we've always produced excellent goalies since I've watched fitba, can't say the same with Hibs after the not so distant past.

At Hibs, it's been up front, Jackson, Wright, Riordan, Gaz, Miller, Mixu, Killen, Stokes, real talent and good goals scorers in there, there will be players before my time and players I've missed, what the other thoughts?

And Fletch!

most definitely upfront we've been well covered the last decade......... defence and midfield hasn't been so good, although under McLeish (thanks to le god) I felt we were solid at the back. When I was really young I'd agree goalie was always something we were very strong and perhaps lucky with.

HibeeSince85
16-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Fletch aswell, knew I'd miss one, McLeish's team felt solid for awhile, we had Le God, Russ and Mixu - Defence, Midfield, Up front! - Sorted!

Definitely been Strikers in my time, after Leighton we've not really had a great keeper, Colgan was good, Andersson never stuck around.

hibee1994
16-06-2011, 10:11 PM
And Fletch!

most definitely upfront we've been well covered the last decade......... defence and midfield hasn't been so good, although under McLeish (thanks to le god) I felt we were solid at the back. When I was really young I'd agree goalie was always something we were very strong and perhaps lucky with.

Totally agree with this. We have always looked strong in attack but defence we have lacked in and the only time our midfield seemed to be strong was with Sauzee. Then again i'm young and can't remember as far back as some of the more..."experienced" people on Hibs.net :rolleyes:

SmokieJoe
17-06-2011, 06:45 AM

Steve Archibald, Ex Spurs and Barcelona, he help break that 22 in a non winning streak against the yams. i took so much stick for that.

Andy74
17-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Steve Archibald, Ex Spurs and Barcelona, he help break that 22 in a non winning streak against the yams. i took so much stick for that.

No he didn't!

patlowe
17-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Fletch aswell, knew I'd miss one, McLeish's team felt solid for awhile, we had Le God, Russ and Mixu - Defence, Midfield, Up front! - Sorted!

Definitely been Strikers in my time, after Leighton we've not really had a great keeper, Colgan was good, Andersson never stuck around.

And Zitelli! Brewster? Benji?

225-EasterRd
17-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Well its simples,,,we have had good and bad in most positions,but for me,,,,,,,,,

WE THE FANS have been stongest part of the club over the years,,,:thumbsup:
So all off you guys out there that might not renew your season tickets get down and buy one......NOW!!!! :cgwa

HibeeSince85
17-06-2011, 07:33 PM
And Zitelli! Brewster? Benji?

Brewster, nah, he was ok and did a job but his miss against Dunfermline at ER loses him his place:greengrin

Benji n Zitelli were good strikers, Luna too - we've done well up front looking back.