PDA

View Full Version : McLeish set for 3 year deal at Villa...

3pm
16-06-2011, 05:08 PM
According to SSN.

More lives than a cat.

H18sry
16-06-2011, 05:09 PM
kerching easy money :aok:

Iggy Pope
16-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Has anyone ever fallen in more **** and come out smelling better than this big traitorious 'money is not my god' spouting backstabbing freeloading tosser?

Sincerely hope he makes it as far as ManUre......

Frazerbob
16-06-2011, 05:30 PM
kerching easy money :aok:

:agree::agree:

I wish he'd hurry up and sign the contract. I've got some bills to pay!

moredun
16-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Has anyone ever fallen in more **** and come out smelling better than this big traitorious 'money is not my god' spouting backstabbing freeloading tosser?

Sincerely hope he makes it as far as ManUre......

Well put, the ginger judas is everything that is wrong in the game.
He is also a **** manager, every team he goes to does well for a few months then the cracks start to show, he cannot, or is not able to fix it, and then bolts.
How he keeps getting jobs at that level is alarming

Steve20
16-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I like McLeish. Good luck to him.

new malkyhib
16-06-2011, 05:38 PM

Snap.

Albion Hibs
16-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Agreed mate. Thanks to him I saw some of the best football I have ever seen at Easter Road, along with some of the best players.

Dont get why folk are so miserable about him at times, they are the same people that rattle on about Sauze and Co.

pentlando
16-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Agreed mate. Thanks to him I saw some of the best football I have ever seen at Easter Road, along with some of the best players.

Dont get why folk are so miserable about him at times, they are the same people that rattle on about Sauze and Co.

:agree:

Not many managers can boast to have brought a level of success to all the sides they have managed. AEK Athens match, 6-2 and Scotland away in France are three of my most memorable games!

Frazerbob
16-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Somebody on here got it spot on the other day when they described McLeish as a "fixer". He seems to do well for a year or two, especially when steadying the ship but seems to run out of ideas. He's had some great spells, taking Motherwell to 2nd, Hibs to 3rd and the cup final, some great results for Scotland and the league cup for Brum. He's also had some shockers! He left us in a shambles having had the biggest budget of any Hibs manager (I suspect), relegated Brum twice and finished 3rd with Rangers, which is very poor!

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Watching the news down here, the villa fans have amassed on the steps of villa park protesting. There must have been 400 with banners all saying no to eck and the likes.

He will be a brave man if he takes that job, and old randy will be a stupid man if he appoints him imo.

SkintHibby
16-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I like the big guy as well.:agree:

Good luck to him.

Greentinted
16-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Watching the news down here, the villa fans have amassed on the steps of villa park protesting. There must have been 400 with banners all saying no to eck and the likes.

He will be a brave man if he takes that job, and old randy will be a stupid man if he appoints him imo.

Just seen this on the tellybox: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13792455.stm

Kojock
16-06-2011, 06:21 PM
:agree::agree:

I wish he'd hurry up and sign the contract. I've got some bills to pay!

You better go and get a bank loan then. Just watched the Scottish news and about 200-300 Villa fans had gathered outside Villa Park chanting "We dont want McLeish, we dont want McLeish." in protest to his potential signing.

"Ill be here as long as you want me" well knowing that he was in talks with Murray.

He has shat on every club and fans he has been at, Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers and now Birmingham. GJP

moredun
16-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Not many managers can boast to have brought a level of success to all the sides they have managed. AEK Athens match, 6-2 and Scotland away in France are three of my most memorable games!

Hmm, i must have missed the succesful period he had at Hibs, after spending millions more than any other manager in our history, he won zilch, not only that he set an example with Latapy by not playing him in the Scottish cup-final, totally taking away what chance we had, all because latapy was caught DD a full week before the final.
Now i am sure more players done this when he was at der hun, and why did he not set an example their?
What about the fact he stitched hibs up big time, the last couple of months he was here, he was already meeting Murray and was always going there, but he still kept spending our money.
Do you remember how bad wwe were when he left,
The man does not desevrve one smidgen of respect, the classless removed couldn't spell respect, loyalty? the man is a sewer rat, as has been shown a few times in the past and is happening at this very moment.
I hope the Villa fans run him out of town, they know exactly what he is like and don't want him anywhere near their club.

The man is a koksocket of the highest order,

marleyhib
16-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I like him, think he's a good manager - did well with the huns and Scotland, won Brum a cup, unlucky to get relegated with a lot of injuries. To be honest winning the league cup probably made them take their eye off the league a wee bit and lose momentum.

I don't like Villa, horrible strip ... nearly maroon - these supporters need a reality check they aint won nowt since the mid 90s.

sixtwo
16-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I hold mcleish in the same regard as I do Michael Stewart. They are both Horrible Ginger vermin tramps. I hope he is confirmed as manager at villa (they annoy me too. Mainly because of their accent and bloody turd coloured strips), the fans there will give him it tight, the team will suffer and he will get the boot before halloween!

Frazerbob
16-06-2011, 06:32 PM
You better go and get a bank loan then. Just watched the Scottish news and about 200-300 Villa fans had gathered outside Villa Park chanting "We dont want McLeish, we dont want McLeish." in protest to his potential signing.

"Ill be here as long as you want me" well knowing that he was in talks with Murray.

He has shat on every club and fans he has been at, Motherwell, Hibs, Rangers and now Birmingham. GJP

There were more protesters there yesterday but it seems to be a done deal. Most Villa fans seem to have accepted it now. If he has a shakey start there could trouble ahead!

sahib
16-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I hold mcleish in the same regard as I do Michael Stewart. They are both Horrible Ginger vermin tramps. I hope he is confirmed as manager at villa (they annoy me too. Mainly because of their accent and bloody turd coloured strips), the fans there will give him it tight, the team will suffer and he will get the boot before halloween!

Bit nasty mate

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Round and round the radical road the rabid racists rant.

Rosa Parks, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, Alex McLeish.

Parish, Rome, New York, Peckham.

McLeish is about to be found out big style. Normally he breezes into a club with support from the fans (and usually from the fans of the club he left). This time the fans don't want him, they know he's rank, and he will get till Xmas.

I can only hope he doesn't start "Things are going to be a little different around here... without Don".

Cause it's shaping up that way. Next stop Brighton.

pentlando
16-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Hmm, i must have missed the succesful period he had at Hibs, after spending millions more than any other manager in our history, he won zilch, not only that he set an example with Latapy by not playing him in the Scottish cup-final, totally taking away what chance we had, all because latapy was caught DD a full week before the final.
Now i am sure more players done this when he was at der hun, and why did he not set an example their?
What about the fact he stitched hibs up big time, the last couple of months he was here, he was already meeting Murray and was always going there, but he still kept spending our money.
The man does not desevrve one smidgen of respect, the classless **** couldn't spell respect, loyalty? the man is a sewer rat, as has been shown a few times in the past and is happening at this very moment.
I hope the Villa fans run him out of town, they know exactly what he is like and don't want him anywhere near their club.

You must have. He came in whilst we were already duffed (pun intended). He then proceeded to bring in a European Cup winner and a player who had previously been on the FIFA World Player of the year shortlist. Probably aided by a generous budget but selling Hibs at that time wasn't easy. Romped the first division, stabilised in the SPL before finishing third whilst giving the OF a real fright. Also he reached a Scottish Cup final and gave us our finest European night for decades.

So where were you?

Also IIRC he left us for a bigger club with Champions League football whilst we were around 7th in the table with a very decent squad of players. If anything he needs commended. He always seems to leave a club at the right time and gain a move to a bigger club. The guys a top manager, about time we accept it and recognise the success he had here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-06-2011, 08:05 PM
As soon as all the EPL teams have their managers in place for next season, I will be looking for a price for him to get the chop first. Nothing at all against AM but I think he has a massive task on his hands and by the looks of it, is already short on good will. He needs to get that team out of the traps quickly, and even though the fans have in the past, had a pop at the board for frugality, i think that from now the first target will be McLeish. Think he needs to keep Villa in the top half of the league.

cabbageandribs1875
16-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Bit nasty mate

and pathetic:agree:

Craig_in_Prague
16-06-2011, 10:11 PM
You must have. He came in whilst we were already duffed (pun intended). He then proceeded to bring in a European Cup winner and a player who had previously been on the FIFA World Player of the year shortlist. Probably aided by a generous budget but selling Hibs at that time wasn't easy. Romped the first division, stabilised in the SPL before finishing third whilst giving the OF a real fright. Also he reached a Scottish Cup final and gave us our finest European night for decades.

So where were you?

Also IIRC he left us for a bigger club with Champions League football whilst we were around 7th in the table with a very decent squad of players. If anything he needs commended. He always seems to leave a club at the right time and gain a move to a bigger club. The guys a top manager, about time we accept it and recognise the success he had here.

:top marks

Not to forget he almost got Scotland through a horrid group, almost achieve the impossible.

Best time as a Hibee in my life time was under Eck.

Sauzee and Latapy alone, as the reason. The 6-2 game will die with many of us.

Villa fans may well be chuffed in 1 years time.

Cropley10
16-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Lerner should have given McLeish a one year deal.

heretoday
16-06-2011, 10:43 PM
He's not had a sizeable pot of money to play with before so it will be interesting to see how he does. And this time he's got a striker, Bent, who happily bangs in goals all the time - something that was seriously lacking at Birmingham.

Removed
16-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Couldn't give a monkeys what he decides about gjp but he is missing a trick, I'd like to see him set up his own driving school :tee hee:

Cropley10
16-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys what he decides about gjp but he is missing a trick, I'd like to see him set up his own driving school :tee hee:

And with a first name like Randy http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/tee%20hee%20hee.gif

matty_f
17-06-2011, 12:40 AM

:faf:

Septimus
17-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Along with Miller was one of the very best centre back pairings that I have seen. I wonder how much influence on his "success" Watson has had.

Beefster
17-06-2011, 06:15 AM
The man does not desevrve one smidgen of respect, the classless removed couldn't spell respect, loyalty? the man is a sewer rat, as has been shown a few times in the past and is happening at this very moment.

Rodders spent the money, not McLeish. Promotion as champions, SC final, 3rd place finish and in Europe and signing players of Sauzee and Latapy's quality is relative success for Hibs. To suggest it is not is deluded IMHO.

As for the rest, if you've never been dumped, let's hope it never happens because it seems to take you at least a decade to get over any sort of betrayal.

The Villa fans are utterly delusional about their place in the game down there. McLeish won more trophies in 3 years at Birmingham than Aston Villa have won in the last, almost 30 years. Yet he's 'not good enough' for them. This is after they ensured that a manager who won a League Cup, reached the UEFA Cup Final with Middlesborough (I mean, Middlesborough?!) and managed his country didn't get the job.

The Falcon
17-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Rodders spent the money, not McLeish. .

:dunno:

The Villa fans are utterly delusional about their place in the game down there.

See above :dunno:

The Falcon
17-06-2011, 06:30 AM
:faf:

I'm surpised it took him this long to be honest. :greengrin

Beefster
17-06-2011, 06:41 AM
:dunno:

See above :dunno:

I'm not sure what your points are.

Are you saying that Rodders wasn't the one who authorised the spending during McLeish's tenure? McLeish could only spend the money authorised by the CEO/Board/owner.

I justified, with text, why I thought Aston Villa fans are deluded but I can't figure out how you are disputing that via the medium of smilies.

soupy
17-06-2011, 06:50 AM
I hope he does a decent job at villa.

The Falcon
17-06-2011, 06:55 AM

Are you saying that Rodders wasn't the one who authorised the spending during McLeish's tenure? McLeish could only spend the money authorised by the CEO/Board/owner.

I justified, with text, why I thought Aston Villa fans are deluded but I can't figure out how you are disputing that via the medium of smilies.

Very tenuous attempt to distort the facts to lay the blame at Rod's door again. He backs the manager he gets the blame. We dont splash tons of cash to back the manager Rod gets the blame. That right?

Villa fans are deluded? The OF make at least £50m more than us a season and you expect us to close the gap to a competitive level by selling the naming rights to the stadium? And Villa fans are deluded?

HNA12
17-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Why don't the two of you both continue this debate using the medium of dance? I am fairly sure it would be a Youtube sensation.

Beefster
17-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Very tenuous attempt to distort the facts to lay the blame at Rod's door again. He backs the manager he gets the blame. We dont splash tons of cash to back the manager Rod gets the blame. That right?

Villa fans are deluded? The OF make at least £50m more than us a season and you expect us to close the gap to a competitive level by selling the naming rights to the stadium? And Villa fans are deluded?

On the first paragraph, you seem to be confusing me with another poster. I haven't criticised the Board for not "splashing the cash". I don't see how the link between what a company spends and its CEO is 'tenuous' either. Are you saying that Rodders wasn't in overall charge of the club's spending during McLeish's reign? A proper answer would be great, rather than bluster.

On the second paragraph, you have completely twisted my words and/or taken them entirely out of context. When I mentioned the stadium naming, I made no reference to closing the gap on the Old Firm and it was one suggestion amongst many that I made. I'm still confused about the link to Aston Villa though.

I don't mind very robust debate with anyone but I won't get involved with someone who either twists things to make an argument against a position that I didn't take in the first place, ignores 95% of my posts to suit their agenda or just dismisses things as 'tenuous' without actually explaining why they think I'm wrong.

The Falcon
17-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Why don't the two of you both continue this debate using the medium of dance? I am fairly sure it would be a Youtube sensation.

Is debate banned now on this forum as well?

Beefster and I disagree about some things and he generally argues his points well. I dont see the problem?

Beefster
17-06-2011, 07:23 AM

Beefster and I disagree about some things and he generally argues his points well. I dont see the problem?

I knew that we'd see eye to eye eventually!

HNA12
17-06-2011, 07:27 AM

It was a joke. A lame one maybe but a joke none the less. Apologies to you both for the offence I seem to have caused.

The Falcon
17-06-2011, 07:27 AM

:greengrin

JimBHibees
17-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Somebody on here got it spot on the other day when they described McLeish as a "fixer". He seems to do well for a year or two, especially when steadying the ship but seems to run out of ideas. He's had some great spells, taking Motherwell to 2nd, Hibs to 3rd and the cup final, some great results for Scotland and the league cup for Brum. He's also had some shockers! He left us in a shambles having had the biggest budget of any Hibs manager (I suspect), relegated Brum twice and finished 3rd with Rangers, which is very poor!

What about the Georgia game, awful team selection IMO. Did he not change the team at the last minute when he heard they were playing a young team.

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2011, 04:53 PM
It was a joke. A lame one maybe but a joke none the less. Apologies to you both for the offence I seem to have caused.

First you're saying they should be dancing, then you say they are lame. For goodness sake make up your mind!!! :greengrin