PDA

View Full Version : Divis and Vaz Te Given Their Jotters

Speedway
16-06-2011, 01:34 PM
According to CC.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110616/calderwood-on-transfers_2262950_2377435

Manxhibs
16-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Hopefully that means that there will be more signings in the striking department. Didn't see enough of divis to know if he was good enough but if cc doesn't think he is, then thats good enough for me.

hibee92
16-06-2011, 01:40 PM
odd one with divis, as far as i knew he was on loan with us until january.

vaz te showed that he could be a decent impact player, but i can't say i'm too fussed tbh :agree:

BoltonHibee
16-06-2011, 01:42 PM
According to CC.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110616/calderwood-on-transfers_2262950_2377435

There is a god!

Brooster
16-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Good news, both had hearts the size of peas.

Speedway
16-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Hopefully that means that there will be more signings in the striking department. Didn't see enough of divis to know if he was good enough but if cc doesn't think he is, then thats good enough for me.

Manx, CC says that he will add to the players he has upfront because we nearly have more goalkeepers than strikers.

Shaggy
16-06-2011, 01:52 PM
if you look at the squad listings now, we are down to two strikers....
we will definitely need more options.... imagine if we get a couple injuries(or hangovers) we'd be screwed.

I no Vaz te just didnt do it, but he looked like a bit of potential, not to worry.

Cmon the Hibs !

Manxhibs
16-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Manx, CC says that he will add to the players he has upfront because we nearly have more goalkeepers than strikers.

Missed that bit when I scanned through, thats good news

Andy74
16-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I did like Vaz Te but can't argue with either decision if he thinks we can get better.

ScottB
16-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Divis didn't seem any better than what we have, so makes sense to bin him.

Vaz Te seemed pretty decent, but I trust in CC if he reckons he can get better.

Interesting that Garry is referred to as 'our second signing' with no mention of O'Hanlon at all. Any reason?

Guessing this means no more announcements this afternoon then too?

GloryGlory
16-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Divis didn't seem any better than what we have, so makes sense to bin him.

Vaz Te seemed pretty decent, but I trust in CC if he reckons he can get better.

Interesting that Garry is referred to as 'our second signing' with no mention of O'Hanlon at all. Any reason?Guessing this means no more announcements this afternoon then too?

Ivan being signing number 1, maybe? If GOC is indeed signing number 2, does that mean O'Hanlon hasn't actually put pen to paper yet?

Dunbar Hibee
16-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Disappointed about Vaz Te, he would have been an important player for us IMO.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-06-2011, 02:36 PM
I cant be bothered with eastern european surnames that sound English anyway ;-)

BEEJ
16-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Until yesterday we did have more keepers than strikers. Now we have just two of each.

I liked Vaz Te and was looking forward to seeing what he could do after a full pre-season. Thought Divis was OK too. Hope Stack keeps injury free this season!

Nae news of Dickoh? Has he gone too? :dunno:

Baker9
16-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Ivan being signing number 1, maybe? If GOC is indeed signing number 2, does that mean O'Hanlon hasn't actually put pen to paper yet?

In his interview CC alludes to signings being held up / cancelled because of last minute difficulties. No mention of specific players but O'Hanlon has not yet signed or he would have been discussed during the interview.

Sergio sledge
16-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I did like Vaz Te but can't argue with either decision if he thinks we can get better.

Not to be negative or anything, but CC alludes to the fact that we only got Vaz Te in because he had "been paid elsewhere" which suggests to me that the wages he'd be looking for are way out of our league.

I happen to think that we can get better than Vaz Te as I wasn't hugely impressed when I saw him play though. I don't think he'd be worth the wages he's wanting anyway.

basehibby
16-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Not bothered about Divis as I think we have two good keepers in Brown and Stack.

Vaz Te had some potential though - he was a baw hair away from increasing his scoring tally on a number of occasions and looked to have a bit of flair about him.

But nearly is it seems, not good enough on this occasion and the fact remains that we barely garnered a point with him in the team.

For me this leaves a gap in the side in the shape of a creative player - hopefully CC has something lined up which will more than compensate for Vaz Te's departure.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Can't get to upset about Vaz Te leaving. No doubt he could have been a class act, but for me his performances were not even window dressing. Played like he didn't need or didn't want a contract.

Diclonius
16-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Edwin gets his legendary number 8 back! :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
16-06-2011, 04:15 PM
According to CC.

Not disappointed by this excellent news.

PeterboroHibee
16-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Not that bothered about either of them. CC must have his own ideas about what he wants up front and by what he was saying a week or so ago, Vaz Te wasnt first choice. Seemed like a decent player on occasions but not a huge loss.

Divis was a very poor signing imo, he hardly played for us and we already had a few keepers at the club, no reason to bring him in, just a waste of money.

Andy74
16-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Not that bothered about either of them. CC must have his own ideas about what he wants up front and by what he was saying a week or so ago, Vaz Te wasnt first choice. Seemed like a decent player on occasions but not a huge loss.

Divis was a very poor signing imo, he hardly played for us and we already had a few keepers at the club, no reason to bring him in, just a waste of money.

Don't agreeon Divis, it was worth having a look at him for an extended time. I doubt he cost us much and now we've figured out he's not what we are looking for we move on with no ties or pay off.

He was pretty highly recommended so it was worth the look.

stokesmessiah
16-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Not bothered about Divis as I think we have two good keepers in Brown and Stack.

Vaz Te had some potential though - he was a baw hair away from increasing his scoring tally on a number of occasions and looked to have a bit of flair about him.

But nearly is it seems, not good enough on this occasion and the fact remains that we barely garnered a point with him in the team.

For me this leaves a gap in the side in the shape of a creative player - hopefully CC has something lined up which will more than compensate for Vaz Te's departure.

:agree: I agree wholeheartedly !

sixtwo
16-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Again, I log onto .net and find a reason to be optomistic.:greengrin Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the aforementioned players, but the manager obviously believes they are not of the standard he is looking for.

I'm all for quality over quantity. O'connor, o'hanlon and Sproule will be good signings. If we can get another two in of that calibre i'll be over the moon. I'm encouraged with his ability to spot or weak areas and find good, common sense quality players to fill the void!

One creative midfielder to replace that non entity that was miller and a decent striker and i'll be champing at the bit for the new season!

Good luck to the boys that never got a contract.

Better luck to CC in his quest o raise the standard at ER:aok:

Jonnyboy
16-06-2011, 07:18 PM
There is a god!

Good news, both had hearts the size of peas.

:agree: