PDA

View Full Version : If O'Connor is firing on all cylinders by Christmas...

Jamesie
16-06-2011, 01:05 PM
...do we take the cash and sell in January or allow him to walk away in the summer for nowt?

Personally I'd probably take the latter approach - he will have cost us nothing after all aside from wages and who knows, European football could entice him to stay a bit longer - but it will also have been a while since we brought in any cash in respect of player sales...

Woody70x2
16-06-2011, 01:08 PM
...do we take the cash and sell in January or allow him to walk away in the summer for nowt?

Personally I'd probably take the latter approach - he will have cost us nothing after all aside from wages and who knows, European football could entice him to stay a bit longer - but it will also have been a while since we brought in any cash in respect of player sales...

FFS we are selling him now...

hibee92
16-06-2011, 01:12 PM
i think we should sell him this transfer window while we have the chance :rolleyes:

Andy74
16-06-2011, 01:15 PM

I don't know how some people make it out of bed in the morning.

Riordans Boots
16-06-2011, 01:16 PM
.... Think we should let him kick a ball first ...

Cabbage East
16-06-2011, 01:19 PM

You sound fun...

NthCarolinaHibs
16-06-2011, 01:20 PM
FFS we are selling him now...And we're also right into Europe...anyone going to the away leg :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-06-2011, 01:24 PM
If he is happy on the pitch and happy off the pitch, I think that he will look to extend that happiness.

Craig_in_Prague
16-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Steady on Rodders....

The ink even dry yet :confused:

southern hibby
16-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Right,

Lets sell him now (Yes this transfer window) for what ever we can get.

I really do worry.............. I really do.

If he walks next year, he walks. If he stays bonus.

GGTTH.

cam75
16-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Aye sell him or keep him to win the scottish cup with a double and sproule getting the other we live in hope.:thumbsup:

MacBean
16-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Or we could exercise the inevitable option for a 1 year extension in his contract and keep him here?

He's already stated that he loves the club, and he is now home. I cant see him moving off fast.

the 1 year deal is a preferred option for the club, that CC has stated on a few occasions, to protect the risk that we are taking. If GOC hits top form and is a brilliant investment then im pretty sure he will be hanging around for more than one season

moggie
16-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Im just hoping hes shifted that gut by christmas.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Heard some Russian mob are sniffing around. If we don't sell him now, while we can, then I think that shows a real lack of ambition.

Jones28
16-06-2011, 02:43 PM
How about wait and see? :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
16-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Heard some Russian mob are sniffing around. If we don't sell him now, while we can, then I think that shows a real lack of ambition.

Just before a SC semi perhaps :greengrin

3pm
16-06-2011, 03:33 PM
If Garry O'Connor is crap come Christmas, does anybody think we should we should give him his jotters or do they think we should persevere with him? I hate 1 year loans.

Purehibee_MYB
16-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I think we should stop thinking about getting money for players and start thinking about getting performances from players and retaining our best players...

Wembley67
16-06-2011, 03:46 PM
If Garry O'Connor is crap come Christmas, does anybody think we should we should give him his jotters or do they think we should persevere with him? I hate 1 year loans.

Have I missed something? 1yr loan???

Oh...just realised the tone of this thread.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm getting more and more frustrated. Why have we not seen any signings with the Garry O'Connor money yet???

The_Todd
16-06-2011, 03:53 PM
We'd get pennies for selling him when he's available on a pre-contract anyway so better to keep him.

MyJo
16-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Developing young players (Hanlon, Booth) and signing players with potential (Palsson, Thornhill, Galbraith) generates our transfer fees. Players like O'Connor are here for a year or two and shouldn't be sold at the first opportunity unless it was a silly offer and a replacement can be found. GOC is here for the year and beyond hopefully.

stoneyburn hibs
16-06-2011, 04:01 PM
sell him now , use the money to get deeks

Niffy
16-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Get rid of him , he's done NOTHING all season, complete waste of a Hibs top.

Tch.

heretoday
16-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Im just hoping hes shifted that gut by christmas.

Christmas could be a testing period for the gut.

erin go bragh
16-06-2011, 06:04 PM

Eh, what about we sign him on a longer deal and then if we do sell him its win win :wink:
We get a big fee and goc gets a big move , but ffs let him play before we put threads up like this:rolleyes:
ggtth

snooky
16-06-2011, 06:41 PM
]Aye sell him or keep him to win the scottish cup [/B]with a double and sproule getting the other we live in hope.:thumbsup:

Naw, let's wait till we're in the semi and with a real chance of winning it, THEN sell him.

:hmmm: .... wait a minute

Zondervan
16-06-2011, 07:17 PM
There really are some depressing, negative, coq-nosed f&%£#rs on hibs.net these days. Admin, ban the lot of them.

hibby67
17-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Just before a SC semi perhaps :greengrin

LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE A GOOD SEASON GETTING TO A SC SEMI :party:

SmokieJoe
17-06-2011, 06:27 AM
What a rediculous thread, it's laughable.

GoC signs, 1 day later we're selling him at christmas?:no way:

As others have already stated, if he's happy (and his Mrs and kid), i think we offer him an extension at christmas.
And even suggesting the he wont be firing on all cylinders? I believe GoC will have scored more by christmas than Deeks got in 2010/11 season.:agree:

hibsbollah
17-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Another Konte. Wage thief. Doesnt put in the unseen work. Heart of a pea/mouse/chicken/other small-hearted object. Hardly even noticed he's been on the pitch yet.

Blahblahblahblah.

Keith_M
17-06-2011, 09:42 AM
If O'Connor is firing on all cylinders by Christmas,

..will one of his mates drive him into a wall near Tranent? :dunno:

healfyhibee
17-06-2011, 03:42 PM
WOW!............just wow!

Why would be thinking of selling him? I think all this one year contract stuff is mental too. I'm glad to see him back because he's go a bit more about him than vaz te and duffy and whoever else that I'd never heard of. At least I'd heard of sodje!

Its not even like he's too big for Hibs. He's no Ronaldo!

Spike Mandela
17-06-2011, 03:55 PM
There is no resale value in a 1 year deal. Hopefully we are the beneficiaries of a resurgance in Garry Os form with a sackfull of goals for us and a move back to the big(ger) time for him:aok:

silverhibee
17-06-2011, 04:50 PM
What a rediculous thread, it's laughable.

GoC signs, 1 day later we're selling him at christmas?:no way:

As others have already stated, if he's happy (and his Mrs and kid), i think we offer him an extension at christmas.
And even suggesting the he wont be firing on all cylinders? I believe GoC will have scored more by christmas than Deeks got in 2010/11 season.:agree:

When was the last time GOC was firing on all cylinders Smokin Joe, how many goals did he get last year or the year before that, yep Deeks had a poor last half season, i will give you that, but tell me Joe when was the last time big Gaz got double figures for goals in a season, and you think he will manage it in half a season. :aok: :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
17-06-2011, 04:53 PM
When was the last time GOC was firing on all cylinders Smokin Joe, how many goals did he get last year or the year before that, yep Deeks had a poor last half season, i will give you that, but tell me Joe when was the last time big Gaz got double figures for goals in a season, and you think he will manage it in half a season. :aok: :rolleyes:

If he never missed that penalty at Motherwell where we came from 2-0 down to get a 2-2 draw he would have been in double figures :wink:

Its awrite he missed tho as Konte bailed us oot and it proved the goal that got us intae Europe :hilarious

hibsbollah
17-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Konte saved us. The forgotten one.

Hibercelona
17-06-2011, 08:17 PM
I can't help feeling that this topic was purposely composed to be a bit of a wind up. :greengrin

Hibercelona
17-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Konte saved us. The forgotten one.

Once we sell GOC at xmas, lets use it to bring the magician back. :agree: :greengrin

hibsbollah
17-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Once we sell GOC at xmas, lets use it to bring the magician back. :agree: :greengrin

I would love that. I bet hes been training with Messi and getting scoring advice from Batigol.

But Sodjes got his #18 shirt now. A terrible kerfuffle would ensue.

H18Y GW
19-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Bottom line is he decides, not Hibs.