PDA

View Full Version : 2011/2012 Fixtures

Torto7062
16-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixtures being announced at 9am on Friday 17 June

A spokesperson said: “The SPL can confirm that the second Old Firm fixture will take place on 28 December. Following the setting up of the Scottish Government's Joint Action Group, there was a real pressure to reschedule Old Firm derbies away from weekends and bank holidays.

“We felt it was important for us to respond positively to the JAG process. Following consultation with the Police, Government and other members of the JAG, we have therefore agreed to schedule the second Old Firm match to a date that reduces the challenges associated with such games being played on bank holidays."

The full Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture list will be available here at 9am on Friday.

Torto7062
16-06-2011, 05:45 AM
So the league can arrange InFirm games to be certain dates but send Hibs to places like Killie and Caley midweek, surely this season commonsense will be to play more local games midweek i.e the Big Derby Dunfermline v Hibs.

Other teams suffer also, its daft having Killie/St mirren going to Caley or to Sheepland instead of playing teams in that area.

:aok:

cwilliamson85
16-06-2011, 06:40 AM
I am not sure if this is just me or not but are most people not on holiday from work between Xmas and NY.

Lucius Apuleius
16-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I am not sure if this is just me or not but are most people not on holiday from work between Xmas and NY.

DOH!!!! Weedgies!!! Work???

cwilliamson85
16-06-2011, 09:43 AM
DOH!!!! Weedgies!!! Work???

Old Firm fans come over from NI & ROI dont they?

Lucius Apuleius
16-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Old Firm fans come over from NI & ROI dont they?

Then, due to their geographical locations, they too must be weedgies.:agree:

LancashireHibby
16-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Anyone think that this probably means the New Year Derby will be an early kick off as a result?

green&left
16-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Anyone think that this probably means the New Year Derby will be an early kick off as a result?

As a result of what?

All Derbies will be early/daft kick-off times due to TV rights.

Ed De Gramo
16-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Hibs v ICT :wink:

LancashireHibby
16-06-2011, 02:25 PM
As a result of what?

All Derbies will be early/daft kick-off times due to TV rights.

We had a slightly later kick off last year to allow for the OF game beforehand (we kicked off at 2 with the OF at 12 if memory serves me right?) so it might see our game move to the earlier slot?

green&left
16-06-2011, 02:30 PM
We had a slightly later kick off last year to allow for the OF game beforehand (we kicked off at 2 with the OF at 12 if memory serves me right?) so it might see our game move to the earlier slot?

New Year Derby just passed? We kicked off at 12.30 on the 1st. Weegies played on the 2nd...

LancashireHibby
16-06-2011, 02:46 PM
New Year Derby just passed? We kicked off at 12.30 on the 1st. Weegies played on the 2nd...

Did we? Ignore that then :faf:

Had it in my head that it was a later kick off as I'd managed to get a train on the morning of the game.