PDA

View Full Version : Bit more fight, power and passion

RoscoHibby
15-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Was really liking what I read on the official site from O'Connor and got me thinking that hopefully next season, we'll have what was so sorely missed last season, namely all of the above.

If we're gonna have G'OC, Sproule, this boy O'Hanlon, all talking about/described as being leaders and leading by example and getting the troops fired up, then add in Sodge, Jimmy Scott, Palsson, Murray and ANother CH? Could see us blootering the yams of the park next season. I'd really like to see that.

Ryan69
15-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Was thinking that too. Should be interesting indeed...instead of having last seasons pansies. :thumbsup:

snooky
15-06-2011, 06:12 PM
The squad definitely needed hardening up.
Let's hope the powderpuff days are over.
We still need a bit class and basic skill though.
Hopefully this will be the next thing to be addressed.

hfc rd
15-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Was really liking what I read on the official site from O'Connor and got me thinking that hopefully next season, we'll have what was so sorely missed last season, namely all of the above.

If we're gonna have G'OC, Sproule, this boy O'Hanlon, all talking about/described as being leaders and leading by example and getting the troops fired up, then add in Sodge, Jimmy Scott, Palsson, Murray and ANother CH? Could see us blootering the yams of the park next season. I'd really like to see that.

Totally 100% agree. :top marks

AlbertK86
15-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Bring on the Tynie ****bags. If what we read about O'Hanlon being a man who aint scared to go in where it hurts he may turn out to be the most important signing of the summer as we really needed beefing up in there.

Lets hope he sends big kyle and Sutton into orbit in the first derby

Commme onnnn the Hibs !!!

Jonnyboy
15-06-2011, 08:03 PM
At last, we've got a spine - well almost. Just a tough, no nonsense midfielder needed now :wink:

Aldo
15-06-2011, 08:10 PM
At last, we've got a spine - well almost. Just a tough, no nonsense midfielder needed now :wink:

Wonder who that could possibly be JB????:devil:

Jonnyboy
15-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Wonder who that could possibly be JB????:devil:

:hmmm::whistle::greengrin

3pm
15-06-2011, 08:15 PM

You aware John or is that wink just a piss take?! :o)

I am assuming you've heard the Davie Farrell rumour as well? I think he's past his best but I am willing to give him a chance (still based on mauling Mark Hateley in that final).

Fergus52
15-06-2011, 08:24 PM

Palsson, with murray as back up?

Jonnyboy
15-06-2011, 08:25 PM

I am assuming you've heard the Davie Farrell rumour as well? I think he's past his best but I am willing to give him a chance (still based on mauling Mark Hateley in that final).

No, I'm ill informed :greengrin

I think Aldo picked up on my Mikey Stewart post on the PM Board :wink:

hfc rd
15-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Palsson, with murray as back up?

Unfortunately I think Murray is passed it now mate. Doesn't seem to have the legs and energy that he used to have. Think this season is defo going to be his last one.

Palsson on the hand, looks a great prospect. Yes at times you might say he goes over the top and picks up needless bookings but the thing is that we have been missing for ages is someone like him in the midfield. A player that gets stuck in hard and makes the opposition know that they are not going to have a nice easy day. He's one of my favourite players. Yes he kind of went a bit off form for the last couple of games last season and therefore never made the Iceland U21 squad. But in a way this Iceland snub will hopefully make him a better player and give him a bit of a drive to win his place back. Also will give him a kick up the backside because he will learn from his mistakes and next time prove his worth that the Iceland U21 manager was wrong to not include him for the finals in Denmark. But if he wants to return to the national set up then he has start doing the business on the pitch for the Hibs on a consistent basis or face even more rejection not only from the U21's but the proper senior national Iceland team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I think that Thornhill will be like getting a new player next season. Middle of the team is fine. Just front and back that needs fixed. Big just though....

Aldo
15-06-2011, 09:25 PM
No, I'm ill informed :greengrin

I think Aldo picked up on my Mikey Stewart post on the PM Board :wink:

:agree:

bingo70
15-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I think that Thornhill will be like getting a new player next season. Middle of the team is fine. Just front and back that needs fixed. Big just though....

If we're playing with a central three like we did last season we've only got Pallson, Thornhill, De Graff, Stevenson, Scott and Murray that can play in there.

I think Pallson and Thornhill will be good players but Scott is there for back up, Stevenson and Murray for their flexibility and EdG because we can't get rid of him so i think we still need another central midfielder that will be an automatic first team choice, remember how bad we were in there last season and we've lost Miller and not really replaced him so i'd be dissapointed if we don't sign another midfielder.

Iain G
15-06-2011, 09:43 PM

I heard it was Rocastle... :wink:

WhileTheChief..
15-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Centre mid is hopefully CCs next priority. Looks like he's building a solid spine to the team with experience and strength - Stack, O'Hanlon, O'Connor.

Add a strong centre mid to that and possibly Caldwell at the back and for the first time in years we'll have a physical side to our game.

Suburban Hibby
15-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I heard it was Rocastle... :wink:

Matty Jack- would love to see him back!