PDA

View Full Version : coaching badges

Allant1981
15-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Do managers in scotland need to have all the badges, was listening to alan brazil this morning saying he thought they were a waste of time and for once i actually agreed with him

Haymaker
15-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I am 100% certain you need your full licences to participate in european competitions.

I argued recently with the a fella from the FA and my county FA that while the badges are useful, the problem was that you can teach all these styles and teaching skills but when you have passed your exams you can go do what you like. This is poor when it comes to youth development.

Danderhall Hibs
15-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Do managers in scotland need to have all the badges, was listening to alan brazil this morning saying he thought they were a waste of time and for once i actually agreed with him

I heard him as well and thought he came across as a bit of a tit. How can he say that the courses don't help folk coach? They'll help communication skills for one thing, I think we know that a lot of footballers don't come across as literate - just 'cos they can kick a ball doesn't mean you can coach it. Although according to Brazil it's all you need!

Noone mentioned Mourinho in the argument for coaching courses/badges for some reason.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 02:53 PM

I listened to that chump along with that other dozy muppet Ronnie Irani the other morning. Fawning over McLeish being such an honorable man, who always acts with such dinity and intergrity. :faf::faf:

I had to get out my pit, wash my face and see if i WAS actually awake and not still sleeping.

These clowns know nothing, and just talk bollox and kiss backsides all during their show for 4 hours a day. Nice work if you can get it i suppose?

Danderhall Hibs
15-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I listened to that chump along with that other dozy muppet Ronnie Irani the other morning. Fawning over McLeish being such an honorable man, who always acts with such dinity and intergrity. :faf::faf:

I had to get out my pit, wash my face and see if i WAS actually awake and not still sleeping.

These clowns know nothing, and just talk bollox and kiss backsides all during their show for 4 hours a day. Nice work if you can get it i suppose?

:agree: That and bang on about what freebies they've scored this week.

JimBHibees
15-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I heard him as well and thought he came across as a bit of a tit. How can he say that the courses don't help folk coach? They'll help communication skills for one thing, I think we know that a lot of footballers don't come across as literate - just 'cos they can kick a ball doesn't mean you can coach it. Although according to Brazil it's all you need!

Noone mentioned Mourinho in the argument for coaching courses/badges for some reason.

Playing and coaching are completely different skills IMO, anything that can develop coaching skills to the standard that you are coaching at be it kids, youths or professionals can only be a good thing IMO. For an ex-professional who comes over as a complete know-it-all and as far as I know has never held a coaching position smacks of him not being able to hack it.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Alan Brazil finest moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306MpG3YSyE

Allant1981
15-06-2011, 03:51 PM
These courses maybe do help communication etc but surely you cant beat a player with experience coaching young guys and showing them how to get into decent positions etc, take mccoist for example. Probably has been on these courses but do you think he would be less able to show a striker how to get into good goal scoring positions if he hadnt been on a course

JimBHibees
16-06-2011, 08:46 AM
These courses maybe do help communication etc but surely you cant beat a player with experience coaching young guys and showing them how to get into decent positions etc, take mccoist for example. Probably has been on these courses but do you think he would be less able to show a striker how to get into good goal scoring positions if he hadnt been on a course

I've no doubt that a guy who has been an exceptional player and has attended will be a better coach than one who hasnt attended them however there is a massive difference between playing and coaching. Many of the best players have been poor coaches/managers similarly guys like Wenger/Mourinho have been average players and exceptional coaches. For Brazil to say that coaching courses are worthless is nonsense IMO.

sauzee's-socks
16-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Coaching badges could and should be a vital tool, but actually come accross more like swimming certificates.