PDA

View Full Version : Question How come

TamHibs
15-06-2011, 01:32 PM
We have to wait until Friday to find our fixtures? Yet the bigot brothers already know they are playing each other on the 28th December? This was confirmed by the SFA btw not long ago today

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 01:39 PM
We have to wait until Friday to find our fixtures? Yet the bigot brothers already know they are playing each other on the 28th December? This was confirmed by the SFA btw not long ago today

Do you really have to ask?

HibsMax
15-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Not only do they know when they play each other, they know exactly which games they will get penalties in and the final score of all of their games. Celtic win this year after a nail-biting end to the season.

hibee92
15-06-2011, 02:26 PM
police orders i think

weecounty hibby
15-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Because we are the only country in the world that bows down to two institutions that are rotten to the core. These two clubs are at the heart of everything that is wrong in Scotlands sporting and cultural activities. The whole of our league system is geared up to them winning the championship every year, our press gives them page after page of free publicity/advertising to entice the next generation of fans and the police are willing to accept their religious intolerance in every part of the country, even to the extent of ignoring their party tunes and banners when everyone else can hear and see them. I say again IN NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD would they be pandered to in this way.

marinello59
15-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Because we are the only country in the world that bows down to two institutions that are rotten to the core. These two clubs are at the heart of everything that is wrong in Scotlands sporting and cultural activities. The whole of our league system is geared up to them winning the championship every year, our press gives them page after page of free publicity/advertising to entice the next generation of fans and the police are willing to accept their religious intolerance in every part of the country, even to the extent of ignoring their party tunes and banners when everyone else can hear and see them. I say again IN NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD would they be pandered to in this way.

It's been announced now as the authorities now feel they can't be trusted to play each other without it all kicking off. It's shaming them rather than pandering to them.

weecounty hibby
15-06-2011, 04:01 PM
It's been announced now as the authorities now feel they can't be trusted to play each other without it all kicking off. It's shaming them rather than pandering to them.
Nope, its pandering. Crack down on them, use the law, use the police for the correct reasons, dock them points, play behind closed doors, don't show it on telly there are a whole lot of things that can be done before we make them "special" and give them times, dates etc before everyone else. And you will never shame them no matter what you do!.

HibsMax
15-06-2011, 04:06 PM

Speaking from my experiences over here, I would say that organisations in other countries e.g., the NFL in the US, try to take steps to PREVENT that same thing happening. I don't pretend to know all the nuances of the system and I am not saying that it is immune to corruption, but certain things, like the draft, encourage me to believe that they want to keep the league competitive. I looked, briefly, to see if I could find anything about how teams in the NFL make money (beyond advertising, etc.) and one thing I found was this:

Of all the professional sports, NFL owners probably do better on profitability than any of the others by far. The NFL has profit sharing, meaning that with all of the TV contracts, merchandise sales, etc. all of the teams share equally in the proceeds. I've read reports of many of the more successful teams in the NFL make 20 to 50 million in profit a year

Just because it's written on the internet doesn't make it true but if it is true then the bit underlined is HUGE. I don't think there is any way that the OF would agree to that but you can see how such a plan would help out the smaller teams.

I looked to see how much teams would make for winning the Superbowl but only found how much the PLAYERS get as a bonus.

The NFL is just one example but I am sure we don't need to really look at how other leagues are run to figure out how to make our own better. But how do we instigate the change? Or are we stuck with what we've got?

Sodje_18
15-06-2011, 06:19 PM
It's a conspiracy :wink:

HibsMax
15-06-2011, 06:38 PM
It's a conspiracy :wink:

Joking aside, it really is a conspiracy OR the SPL has no interest in entertaining ideas that could make the league more competitive.

I just wonder what would happen if either if the Fugly Sisters lost their grasp and started finishing 4th or 5th rather than 1st or 2nd? Maybe the SPL would jump into action.

I would like to think that their stranglehold on the league will not last forever.