PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Press Conference (Apparently NOT) Called For Thursday

Speedway
15-06-2011, 09:21 AM
To announce 'more than one signing'

Source: HFC employee.

Steve20
15-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Hopefully a couple of Strikers.

Hibs7
15-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Mickey Stewart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Hopefully! I just want to see a settled team before the season kicks off. they may not be the best but if they are playing for each other and together then its a good start.

Cheers for the info Speedy.

DAVE1875
15-06-2011, 09:42 AM

With possible unveiling of the away kit aswell?

Wheat Hound
15-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Sproule and O'Hanlon?

Hibs7
15-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Sproule and O'Hanlon?

Sproule has already been done !!

Big90inOz
15-06-2011, 10:02 AM
what time is the press conference ?

GordonHFC
15-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Sproule has already been done !!

Perhaps but not at a press conference.

R'Albin
15-06-2011, 10:11 AM
So....O'Hanlon, Stewart and a striker?

frazeHFC
15-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Sounds good. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I reckon one is O'Hanlon and there will be a striker too. :thumbsup:

Cropley10
15-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Sounds good. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I reckon one is O'Hanlon and there will be a striker too. :thumbsup:

Maybe Rooney too or is he signing for Hertz :confused:

bawheid
15-06-2011, 11:09 AM

This could be the tipping point for this thread.

11 positive posts in a row is surely a close season record though?

Craig_in_Prague
15-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Do SSN usually cover our press conferences, or are we too small a club.

There's a transportation strike tomorrow and have to work from home...... :thumbsup:

I assume also that Sproule could be included in 'more than 1 signing'.....so O'Hanlon and Sproule I'd imagine are to be officially unveiled...... anything else will be a (nice) surprise.

GGTTH
:flag:

frazeHFC
15-06-2011, 12:13 PM

The OP on the other thread about the press conference says it is O'Hanlon and 2 strikers from down South. Would be delighted if it was Porter. :agree:

Aldo
15-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Someone on the Mad website (:greengrin) is suggesting that we have signed 2 Polish strikers????

IWasThere2016
15-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Someone on the Mad website (:greengrin) is suggesting that we have signed 2 Polish strikers????

Commercial signings??? To bring a new community/fan base? Anyone called 'ova'?

MussiHibee
15-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Klose and Podolski? :greengrin

NOLA
15-06-2011, 12:33 PM

heidthebawski and tapinski?

Aldo
15-06-2011, 12:34 PM
heidthebawski and tapinski?

:greengrin:aok:

quality

erin go bragh
15-06-2011, 12:43 PM
o`hanlon,porter and caldwell :agree: would be a good start.
ggtth

GreenPJ
15-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Any more rumours as to whether Towell is still a possibility on an extended loan or permanent basis?

WindyMiller
15-06-2011, 12:53 PM

I know we've always been a forward thinking club, but I doubt we'll be signing any women.:agree:

Tricla
15-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Any more rumours as to whether Towell is still a possibility on an extended loan or permanent basis?

I've been wondering this too.

Anyone ken?

ancient hibee
15-06-2011, 01:12 PM
B Rasso and some Kiwi I think.

Aldo
15-06-2011, 01:14 PM
B Rasso and some Kiwi I think.

Shining example of 2 quality polish signings. :wink:

hibeeleicester
15-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Who's telling fibs then?

Kenny_Millar Kenny Millar
Hibees - plenty of speculation to the contrary but as it stands there is no press conference arranged for tomorrow.

son of haggart
15-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Shining example of 2 quality polish signings. :wink:

I believe there's some truth in this

A Polish friend tells me they rubbed their current employers up the wrong way

BEEJ
15-06-2011, 03:03 PM
The Hoops will look for a fee for Towell. So don't expect a swift resolution on that one.

Midnight on 31 August a much more likely timescale - and even then the outcome might be that he's not coming to ER.

Mikey
15-06-2011, 03:12 PM
The Hoops will look for a fee for Towell. So don't expect a swift resolution on that one.

Midnight on 31 August a much more likely timescale - and even then the outcome might be that he's not coming to ER.

Spot on sir.

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2011, 03:14 PM
o`hanlon,porter and caldwell :agree: would be a good start.
ggtth

You say Porter.....

and I say Potato.

Andy74
15-06-2011, 03:28 PM
This is probably rubbish.

When is the last time we, or anybody, unveiled a signing at a press conference?

Any signings, once complete, will be announced on the website and then they may well be introduced to the media at some stage.

Hibbie_Cameron
15-06-2011, 03:29 PM

Any signings, once complete, will be announced on the website and then they may well be introduced to the media at some stage.

I agree, there is more likely to be a press call rather than a press conference

hibee1994
15-06-2011, 03:47 PM
If Polish is their nationality then that would seem to say we are about to sign Tomasz Cywka from Derby County. He was linked with a move to us not long ago. Personally i thought he was more of an attacking midfielder or winger but there you go.

I'm not going to bet my money on that one though.

GreenPJ
15-06-2011, 03:48 PM

Tony Mowbray?

Ryan69
15-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Weve still not confirmed O'Hanlon. Not on website.

Hopefully that means a couple more addtitions togo with it...Providing this Press Conference isnt mythical like...

Gmack7
15-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Garry O

down-the-slope
15-06-2011, 04:06 PM
plenty of Greek Strikers on show at the moment :rolleyes:

:offski:

BT58
15-06-2011, 04:38 PM
garry O, ivan, ohanlon,and maybe that polish pair.....G loss& P ledge
wonder what happened to the pair that CC was getting excited about
a RB,another CH,, and another m/f,,,the 2 other STRIKERS
hey presto,,,,,,,,,,this managing is EASY...:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Aldo
15-06-2011, 04:42 PM

BT wot about

Caldwell, Stewart, Porter and Towell. Would be happy with that lot along with garry O, O Hanlon and Ivan. Would you??? Have a funny feeling the other striker may be a loanee from the toon ie Airey??

moredun
15-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Do you not think we just signed one of them?

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Would be a bit of a busted flush if there was a press call to announce Sproule as a signing surely? I am sure that the marketing boys can work up a " coming home" media splash with Ivan to help win over those that are yes/no-ing over their season tickets.

3pm
15-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Leg?

BT58
15-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Do you not think we just signed one of them?
but i thought he meant that they were foreign,,,i know garry has a russian mark on his passport,and that ivan and ohanlon are ni/irish...........
but hey were on our way!!!!!!!!!!!

moredun
15-06-2011, 04:53 PM
but i thought he meant that they were foreign,,,i know garry has a russian mark on his passport,and that ivan and ohanlon are ni/irish...........
but hey were on our way!!!!!!!!!!!

Who knows mate, but i am happy with the news, just had a horrible horrible thought!
A press conference tomorrow but Hibs leak it out tonight, i hope to god that isn't to appease us and they slip the ginger bawbag in tomorrow

MacBean
15-06-2011, 04:59 PM
why are hibs taking their time on the O'Hanlon front? good news about GOC but EEN have got him signed sealed and delivered

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/ExHibee-Doumbe-reckons-his-MK.6785384.jp

Aldo
15-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Who knows mate, but i am happy with the news, just had a horrible horrible thought!
A press conference tomorrow but Hibs leak it out tonight, i hope to god that isn't to appease us and they slip the ginger bawbag in tomorrow

Sorry but totally and utterly disagree with you moredun...I hope they do reveal Stewart tomorrow cos I think on his game he is as good as MF in scotland.

Would bring a lot to the team and can you imagine Stewart along with Pallsson and Thornhill in the MF. Bring it on Rodders..get Stewart signed up. O and this is my opinion which for me is based on the TEAM and nothing else.

moredun
15-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Sorry but totally and utterly disagree with you moredun...I hope they do reveal Stewart tomorrow cos I think on his game he is as good as MF in scotland.

Would bring a lot to the team and can you imagine Stewart along with Pallsson and Thornhill in the MF. Bring it on Rodders..get Stewart signed up. O and this is my opinion which for me is based on the TEAM and nothing else.

Fair do's and you may well be right, but he is just one of these guys that regardless of anything, i detest the ginger scrote

McKenzie
16-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Was Told that four players will be unveiled today

R'Albin
16-06-2011, 06:53 AM

If true I wonder if sproule will be one of them? Presume O'hanlon and O'connor will be.

Craig_in_Prague
16-06-2011, 07:06 AM
What time should we expect the conference?

Will we see it on BBC or SSN?

Beefster
16-06-2011, 07:14 AM
What time should we expect the conference?

Will we see it on BBC or SSN?

CNN are leaving regular programming to go to it live apparently. Walter Cronkite is coming out of death to present the analysis.

The US of A is about to experience O'Hanlon-mania.

HibeeMG
16-06-2011, 07:20 AM
CNN are leaving regular programming to go to it live apparently. Walter Cronkite is coming out of death to present the analysis.

The US of A is about to experience O'Hanlon-mania.

I also heard that David Frost is interviewing our Rod afterwards. He describes it as his 'career defining moment'.

Oh, and it's getting shown in 3D to allow the general public a better understanding of 'The Tache'.

Niffy
16-06-2011, 07:24 AM
lol 3d & hi def tache ....

Dibben
16-06-2011, 07:25 AM
If we do have a press conference today - might we finally see the new away strip?

WindyMiller
16-06-2011, 08:07 AM
If we do have a press conference today - might we finally see the new away strip?

THE 'TACHE; in an away strip, in 3D and HD.
What's not to like?

Petrie's Tache
16-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Hope so. I am hoping it is a black number for showing off my tan in Lanza, with O'Connor 9 on the back.

matty_f
16-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I've seen a few people who would know about these things say that there is no press conference today, so I hope everyone is prepared to have nothing announced today (not saying that it won't be, just everyone seems to be taking it as a given that signings are being presented at a press conference that only speedway knows about).

Hibernia Na Eir
16-06-2011, 08:43 AM
I heard we are gettin A. N. Other and T. List. Be good additions IMO

HibeeMG
16-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I heard we are gettin A. N. Other and T. List. Be good additions IMO

Different sources from me.

I'd heard it was Whatya MacAulit and Thingamy Jigg.

DC_Hibs
16-06-2011, 08:48 AM
It's not just Speedbump that heard about a press conference, there were a few people on the bounce saying the same - one source being from a photographer who was allegedly attending.

The O'Connor factor could keep the bedwetters happy for a few days so no concerns if we hear nowt today.

There is of course the danger of a few more signings being announced this week and the (numerous) dafties turning their attention from relegation to champions league qualification.

Spot Spot the loonies.........

OK, who's first???

Biscuit_86HFC
16-06-2011, 08:57 AM
:hnet:

matty_f
16-06-2011, 09:00 AM
It's not just Speedbump that heard about a press conference, there were a few people on the bounce saying the same - one source being from a photographer who was allegedly attending.

The O'Connor factor could keep the bedwetters happy for a few days so no concerns if we hear nowt today.

There is of course the danger of a few more signings being announced this week and the (numerous) dafties turning their attention from relegation to champions league qualification.

OK, who's first???

Well, the press and hibs don't know about it!

Speedway
16-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I made a call to the same person this morning and said 'Press Conference or Press Call?' They said, 'Press Conference'.

However, they also said that they weren't expecting to see the O'Connor news released last night, as if that was what today was supposed to be about, so they're either thick or wrong.

Doesn't help us either way.

hibsbollah
16-06-2011, 09:11 AM

OK, who's first???

The Cup has our name on it this season.:taxi

bawheid
16-06-2011, 09:16 AM
The Cup has our name on it this season.:taxi

I've boooked the whole of May off work in preparation!

iwasthere1972
16-06-2011, 09:21 AM

OK, who's first???

Champions League? Nah not this year but certainly within the next few season. Plus we'll never be beaten 5-0 by Celtic. We might have to move to a bigger stadium as well.

You heard it here first.

ScottB
16-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I've boooked the whole of May off work in preparation!

Better book June off to recover :greengrin

Albion Hibs
16-06-2011, 09:57 AM

I think that it will be Sproule, O'Connor Cauldwell and AN Other!!

In any event it is good to see business coming together in advance of the start or pre-season.

Baldy Foghorn
16-06-2011, 10:03 AM

In any event it is good to see business coming together in advance of the start or pre-season.

Cairney and Airey.....

--------
16-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Where does all this about Caldwell come from?

And might I remind everyone that this one's as big a bomb-scare as his brother?

HibeeMG
16-06-2011, 10:07 AM

Totally disagree on both accounts. Gary Caldwell wasn't a bomb scare and neither is his brother.

Don't let his money grabbing jaunt down the M8 prejudice you.

PC Murdoch is the dictionary definition of 'bomb scare'. Neither Caldwell is in that category at all.

Baldy Foghorn
16-06-2011, 10:09 AM

:agree:

Would rather we signed Reynolds (if we are looking for another centre half), but might just be O'Hanlon for that position....

Baldy Foghorn
16-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Totally disagree on both accounts. Gary Caldwell wasn't a bomb scare and neither is his brother.

PC Murdoch is the dictionary definition of 'bomb scare'. Neither Caldwell is in that category at all.

Caldwell spent most of his time with his hand in the air claiming offside whilst play raged on around him

HibeeMG
16-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Caldwell spent most of his time with his hand in the air claiming offside whilst play raged on around him

Not how I remember it but it's a game of opinions.

For someone who played like that, he's made a hell of a good club career for himself whilst being Scotland's best defender recently.

But that's all off topic really. We're not signing Gary Caldwell and I doubt very much if we're going to sign his brother. I'd be delighted if we did though.

--------
16-06-2011, 10:23 AM

You don't answer my first question.

Where did all this talk of Caldwell signing for us come from?

As for his competence, I can think of a few more recent occupants of the CH berth at ER who qualify as "bomb-scares". You're apparently a lot more easily pleased by alleged centre-halves of mediocre talents than I am.

Caldwell and Murray as our centre-backs - you could see the wave of terror going through three sides of the ground whenever the other lot got a corner...

Bomb-scare.

IWasThere2016
16-06-2011, 10:26 AM

I read on here once that we lost an average over > 2 goals per game with Gary Caldwell in the back four.

Speedway
16-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I read on here once that we lost an average over > 2 goals per game with Gary Caldwell in the back four.

It was the Mogga days, we lost two goals a game no matter who was in the back line.

persevere1875
16-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I seem to recall a certain day out at Hampden ( Painful as it is ) where Gary Caldwell spent most of the afternoon being raped by anyone who came near him, not pleasant viewing .

HibeeMG
16-06-2011, 10:39 AM

As for his competence, I can think of a few more recent occupants of the CH berth at ER who qualify as "bomb-scares". You're apparently a lot more easily pleased by alleged centre-halves of mediocre talents than I am.

Caldwell and Murray as our centre-backs - you could see the wave of terror going through three sides of the ground whenever the other lot got a corner...

Bomb-scare.

I didn't answer it because, honestly, I don't know. I'd also like to know why we've been linked to him.

We'll agree to disagree on this then. It's all in the past anyway. Hopefully better days and more relevant disagreements to come! :wink:

silverhibee
16-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I think that any other players that wee signed or going to sign this week, they wont be paraded in front of the press until Hibs go back to pre- season next week. :aok:

MacBean
16-06-2011, 10:55 AM
So…. Happening or not?

dangermouse
16-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Bomb-scare.

I always thought Gary was better when played as a right back.

silverhibee
16-06-2011, 10:57 AM
So…. Happening or not?

Not.

frazeHFC
16-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Not.

My day is now ruined, infact, my week. Never-the-less it doesn't mean we can't announce signings. :flag:

Speedway
16-06-2011, 11:10 AM
My day is now ruined, infact, my week. Never-the-less it doesn't mean we can't announce signings. :flag:

I think that's the point. What we're not going to see is a parade. It doesn't mean that we can't announce more players.

When you consider where my information has come from this time and where others got theirs, even Hibs' own staff don't know the score from one minute to the next.

Aldo
16-06-2011, 11:58 AM
At the end of the day I dont really care if they are paraded or not....the most important thing is that they sign on the dotted line.

That will do for me.

Hopefully more announcement in the coming days/weeks but as pre season starts on Mon and CC wanted most in place lets hope its sooner rather than later.

Danderhall Hibs
16-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I made a call to the same person this morning and said 'Press Conference or Press Call?' They said, 'Press Conference'.

However, they also said that they weren't expecting to see the O'Connor news released last night, as if that was what today was supposed to be about, so they're either thick or wrong.

Doesn't help us either way.

When you consider where my information has come from this time and where others got theirs, even Hibs' own staff don't know the score from one minute to the next.

I think someone at the club is leaking different bits of info to staff and seeing what appears on here. They then know who the mole is and can destroy him/her.

A bit like in The Mentalist last Friday.

--------
16-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I always thought Gary was better when played as a right back.

Yup.

More than decent when played as right-back or holding midfield.

Never a CH.

Still no idea where the idea emerged that we were looking at signing Steven. Probably somebody heard it from his granny who knows the auntie of one of the cleaning ladies in the Hibs shop who just happened to be cleaning the loo when a couple of directors went in for a leak.

That's what most of the transfer stories in this board are - all piss and wind.

Speedway
16-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I think someone at the club is leaking different bits of info to staff and seeing what appears on here. They then know who the mole is and can destroy him/her.

:agree: That's very possible.

flash
16-06-2011, 12:37 PM
:agree: That's very possible.

What seems equally possible is you made it up.

IWasThere2016
16-06-2011, 12:37 PM

You're just getting cynical in yer auld age :agree:

Speedway
16-06-2011, 12:44 PM
What seems equally possible is you made it up.

A snydey little one line dig post from you Flash with nothing else to contribute?

Surely not.

Mikey
16-06-2011, 12:54 PM
DEFINITELY no press conference today.

Check the official site for any news.

flash
16-06-2011, 12:55 PM
A snydey little one line dig post from you Flash with nothing else to contribute?

Surely not.

Hardly "snidey". Simply bored of all the attention seeking on this board by people pretending to know more than they do.

If i want to know what's really going on i will wait for Brooster to post.

whiskyhibby
16-06-2011, 12:56 PM

:devil::devil::devil:

GloryGlory
16-06-2011, 01:06 PM

The club has a problem if it ALL appears on here! :greengrin

Speedway
16-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Hardly "snidey". Simply bored of all the attention seeking on this board by people pretending to know more than they do.

If i want to know what's really going on i will wait for Brooster to post.

Snidey, because it suggests invention, despite different posters on different boards announcing similar news from claimed different sources.

Attention seeking is one thing, but what if a poster wants to pass on info to fellow fans that is upbeat? If they post it on the PM board, it's clique-y and if they really do make it up to get attention, it gets found out quickly so you've only got one shot at it.

The information was genuine but nevertheless wrong. Your little one liners go a long way to discouraging posting of any info, hence why more than Brooster have access to where he gets his info from, but others in receipt of it still don't post it.

Ed De Gramo
16-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Just been at the club store and the west stand car park is mobbed...probably nothing or maybe a press conference

sleeping giant
16-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Just been at the club store and the west stand car park is mobbed...probably nothing or maybe a press conference

FFS Gramo !!

I was just about to get on with my work.

Is it worth me staying on here for another hour ?:greengrin

Lmc2105
16-06-2011, 01:49 PM
FFS Gramo !!

I was just about to get on with my work.

Is it worth me staying on here for another hour ?:greengrin

he has just came in with his new XL x 6 top :greengrin

so ino he has been round to the store :aok:

maybe there could be something in it. highly doubt it though

PatHead
16-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Was at a funeral this morning and was told by someone "very much in the know" that Hibs would confirm 4 signings this afternoon. Seemingly 2 players are from down south (Leeds mentioned, the other Doncaster or Scunthorpe) and the others would be introducing the 'O boys'.

By the way have never posted a rumour before.

Definately would believe this source.

GloryGlory
16-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Could belong to people hiring the conference/catering facilities for meetings/seminars, etc. We do hire out the function suites for corporate and other use.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Well?

Jones28
16-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Not happening

Baker9
16-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Well?

O'Hanlon pulled out at last minute?

Kaiser1962
16-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Did he? What for?

dangermouse
16-06-2011, 02:50 PM

Did he? What for?

CI :greengrin

Baker9
16-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Did he? What for?

No idea?

Kaiser1962
16-06-2011, 03:04 PM
No idea?

You have no idea why he pulled out at the last minute or you have no idea if he's pulled out at all? Or if we even tried to sign him in the first place?

EasterRoad4Ever
16-06-2011, 03:08 PM
You have no idea why he pulled out at the last minute or you have no idea if he's pulled out at all? Or if we even tried to sign him in the first place?

Maybe the Yams came in with a last minute deal for both O'Connor and O'Hanlon :devil:

Beefster
16-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Snidey, because it suggests invention, despite different posters on different boards announcing similar news from claimed different sources.

Attention seeking is one thing, but what if a poster wants to pass on info to fellow fans that is upbeat? If they post it on the PM board, it's clique-y and if they really do make it up to get attention, it gets found out quickly so you've only got one shot at it.

The information was genuine but nevertheless wrong. Your little one liners go a long way to discouraging posting of any info, hence why more than Brooster have access to where he gets his info from, but others in receipt of it still don't post it.

I'm not suggesting that you made it up but the bit in bold - these things are self-perpetuating as we've seen when numerous people claim to have been told, from solid sources, that Cruyff, Reyes, Brellier etc are signing.

I'm sure there was a report once about a guy on an English forum (Sunderland?) who made up a rumour to see where it ended up. It was subsequently claimed by other posters on that and other forums before being reported in the English and foreign press. It's mental!

Baker9
16-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Pretty well no idea about any of that(?)
Try this logic; there appeared to be good cause to believe there would be a press conference at which O'Hanlon would be unveiled (he is already appearing in most peoples teams for next season). The manager alludes in his interview this afternoon to how often deals can break down at the last minute. No conference -
O'Hanlon pulled out at the last minute?
I'm racking up the posts at an alarming rate for me!

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not suggesting that you made it up but the bit in bold - these things are self-perpetuating as we've seen when numerous people claim to have been told, from solid sources, that Cruyff, Reyes, Brellier etc are signing.

I agree with that, Beefster, but if that's the case, why would anyone pick out Speedway for special treatment?

Anyway, I can't wait for this day to be over and then we can put all this will there / won't there BS to rest. From reading some posts it sounds like there is no chance of a press conference, but then others imply that there will be one.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Pretty well no idea about any of that(?)
Try this logic; there appeared to be good cause to believe there would be a press conference at which O'Hanlon would be unveiled (he is already appearing in most peoples teams for next season). The manager alludes in his interview this afternoon to how often deals can break down at the last minute. No conference -
O'Hanlon pulled out at the last minute?
I'm racking up the posts at an alarming rate for me!

If this really is the case and O'Hanlon has backed out, it just goes to show you how prudent it is to NOT make announcements until there is something that can be announced.

R'Albin
16-06-2011, 03:44 PM
If this really is the case and O'Hanlon has backed out, it just goes to show you how prudent it is to NOT make announcements until there is something that can be announced.

:agree:

matty_f
16-06-2011, 04:03 PM

There was never a press conference arranged, so there wasn't one for anyone to back out of.

Baker9
16-06-2011, 04:11 PM
There was never a press conference arranged, so there wasn't one for anyone to back out of.

Nor was there any official announcement by the club about him signing. It could be a classic case of a rumour fired by wishfull thinking and irresponsible journalism. I sincerely hope we have been in talks and it is only a question of last-minute agent negotiation.
Any rumours about a press conference tomorrow?

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 04:14 PM

I didn't mean he backed out of the "conference", I meant if he backed out of the deal....which was also never announced officially.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Nor was there any official announcement by the club about him signing. It could be a classic case of a rumour fired by wishfull thinking and irresponsible journalism. I sincerely hope we have been in talks and it is only a question of last-minute agent negotiation.
Any rumours about a press conference tomorrow?

I think they will announce it at today's press conference.

Hibby70
16-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I think they will announce it at today's press conference.

Thats true, read it in the Pink

Hibbyradge
16-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Cue one Hibs employee getting his or her jotters having been caught out spreading a planted lie.

seanraff07
16-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Rooney rumours increasingly doing the rounds now.

Dibben
16-06-2011, 04:52 PM

I never hear any rumours doing the rounds... :confused:

Where do you hear them??? :greengrin

GloryGlory
16-06-2011, 04:54 PM

The press conference was just another internet rumour of the "my mate told me he heard that..." genre. :greengrin

Beefster
16-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Cue one Hibs employee getting his or her jotters having been caught out spreading a planted lie.

That would be sad but I'd argue that the employee only had themselves to blame. Companies take confidentiality and trust very seriously.

Andy74
16-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Why did anyone ever think Hibs would unveil a player at a press conference?

We might have announced managers like that in recent times but players are announced on the website and followed up at some stage with a press call.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-06-2011, 05:19 PM

We must root out the stukachi!!!!!!!!! :grr:

Yours,

Vladantic-Hibee

stokesmessiah
16-06-2011, 05:36 PM

I dont think Rooney is likely now. I would of been really happy for us to sign him but with us signing Gary i suspect we are now looking for something different.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Why did anyone ever think Hibs would unveil a player at a press conference?

We might have announced managers like that in recent times but players are announced on the website and followed up at some stage with a press call.

Because of this....

In other words, people believing what was in the OP. I bit.

Keith_M
16-06-2011, 06:13 PM

:I'm waiti

Speedway
16-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Well, that's me sussed out.

Not really sure what to make of it. Think I've been fed a line very convincingly.

Lesson learned either way.

Wheat Hound
16-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Not really sure what to make of it. Think I've been fed a line very convincingly.

Dinny worry bout it mate. Ur info is normally bang on. Please don't let it stop u postibg info in the future as its snippets like this that I come on here for, not the inane arguments and endless drivel.

HibsMax
16-06-2011, 07:29 PM

For the record, I don't think YOU were on the windup but I know nothing of the source.

Speedway
16-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Dinny worry bout it mate. Ur info is normally bang on. Please don't let it stop u postibg info in the future as its snippets like this that I come on here for, not the inane arguments and endless drivel.

That's the thing, as I've stated many times on here, what info I do get comes from the professional community in which I work, when a firm is involved in a deal. Therefore it's normally very solid.

This came from a not very senior club employee and then re-qualified with the same. Turns out to be complete pony.

Or attention seeking, eh Flash?

Pedantic_Hibee
16-06-2011, 07:30 PM

Chin up, fella. Not your fault, you were only doing the decent and generous thing by sharing some positive news, or at least what you thought was going to be positive news.

The Hibs.net board gives you a vote of confidence :hnet:

Danderhall Hibs
16-06-2011, 07:31 PM

Ultimately you'll know to be less gullible in future.:agree:

Speedway
16-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Chin up, fella. Not your fault, you were only doing the decent and generous thing by sharing some positive news, or at least what you thought was going to be positive news.

The Hibs.net board gives you a vote of confidence :hnet:

Oh, I'll get my coat now then.

Ultimately you'll know to be less gullible in future.:agree:

Ultimately I think that if any given source is correct with their information all the time, my accuracy rate will be excellent.

Auckland Hibs
17-06-2011, 02:35 AM

:aok: