PDA

View Full Version : last game of the last season

IanM
15-06-2011, 09:00 AM
and we had to win to ensure survival in the SPL - do you think ER would have been packed to the rafters with everyone supporting the club?

there's a lot of chat recently about fans staying away, just got me wondering what it does take for fans to come back?

cup win? Europe? relegation battle? good signings?

we've all seen cup wins (ok 2:wink:), relegation, good signings but a few years down the road we're back to days i honestly thought I would never see again..

unity is sparce, although i dont blame the stay away fans, more curious as to what we do to change this?

Thecat23
15-06-2011, 09:07 AM
The game we got beat to go down against Utd was pretty packed. I'll never forget leaving the ground though that day. Just before the whistle went i stood up with my bro in-law and went to leave. Some clown behind says sit the down and stay till the end. I looked and said i'll leave when i like pal, my money. As i walked up the steps the boy gobs right on the back on my neck. I can honestly say i've never wanted to smash someone so much. The guys mate went mad at him and i got dragged up the stairs. Funny how the baw bag hid behind about 5 guys when leaving. Apart from the sour ending when we took the lead that day the place was bouncing.

NeilOrrSquareBa
15-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I remember the play off versus Airdrie. We had a decent crowd at ER, I think we were up 1-0. Then it was Broadwood for the 2nd leg. The place was hoachin with Hibbies.
Nerves were frayed. Right away it looked like Airdie (Black, Sandison et al) were up for it. Some of the Hibs players looked like they didn't fancy it, none more so than the left back McQuilken. He was brickin' it!! They scored early then we gave away a penalty. We were behind the goals. If it went it we were doomed. I turned to my brother and said "Give me a fag." "But you don't smoke." he said. "Ah ****in doo noo!" says I. Then the big tumshie blasted it over the bar. Man you could've swept the relief up with a brush.
After that Hibs began to got a grip on the game and with Darren Jackson in imperious form we began to get back at them. We were still all fartin' and frettin' until 2 pens, yes 2 pens by DJ just after half time put us back in the driving seat. Another goal from Tish (Tosh) saw euphoria replace anxiety and when Keith, Keith, Keith! scored the 4th we were a happy bunch of Hibbies. After scoring Keith then proceed to run right down the touchline sticking the V's up at the great unwashed from Airdrie sat in the stands with a wee special one for Sandy Clark in the Airdrie dug out!!
Well supported yes. Exciting? Hell Yes! I'm sure we would've felt flat out had we lost but for thrills and spills these playoffs were unbelievable.
If we win the Scottish Cup in my lifetime I would expect there to be millions of Hibbies at the homecoming. Those alive now and all those who went before us and wanted to share the day!:flag:

dangermouse
15-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I remember the play off versus Airdrie. We had a decent crowd at ER, I think we were up 1-0. Then it was Broadwood for the 2nd leg. The place was hoachin with Hibbies.
Nerves were frayed. Right away it looked like Airdie (Black, Sandison et al) were up for it. Some of the Hibs players looked like they didn't fancy it, none more so than the left back McQuilken. He was brickin' it!! They scored early then we gave away a penalty. We were behind the goals. If it went it we were doomed. I turned to my brother and said "Give me a fag." "But you don't smoke." he said. "Ah ****in doo noo!" says I. Then the big tumshie blasted it over the bar. Man you could've swept the relief up with a brush.
After that Hibs began to got a grip on the game and with Darren Jackson in imperious form we began to get back at them. We were still all fartin' and frettin' until 2 pens, yes 2 pens by DJ just after half time put us back in the driving seat. Another goal from Tish (Tosh) saw euphoria replace anxiety and when Keith, Keith, Keith! scored the 4th we were a happy bunch of Hibbies. After scoring Keith then proceed to run right down the touchline sticking the V's up at the great unwashed from Airdrie sat in the stands with a wee special one for Sandy Clark in the Airdrie dug out!!
Well supported yes. Exciting? Hell Yes! I'm sure we would've felt flat out had we lost but for thrills and spills these playoffs were unbelievable.
If we win the Scottish Cup in my lifetime I would expect there to be millions of Hibbies at the homecoming. Those alive now and all those who went before us and wanted to share the day!:flag:

Bloody glory hunters :greengrin

Speedway
15-06-2011, 01:22 PM
10 games unbeaten and the majority will be back.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 01:30 PM
10 games unbeaten and the majority will be back.

I think we have a limit of around 14000 should we start winning regularly. We would still get more against the likes of rantic and the yams should we be going well.

The secret is building on that fanbase, and winning consistantly over a number of years, europe every season and 3rd or 4th place finishes would help add to that figure, but as we are now, with the hit and miss seasons we see unless we do as i say, we will be up and down as usual.

Liams
15-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I always renew my season ticket no matter what

weecounty hibby
15-06-2011, 04:08 PM
I got sent home from work on the day of the second leg. Was absolutely crappin myself, literally, was a bag of nerves and my gaffer told me just to go as I was no use to anyone.

It's games like that that should mean a return to the play offs. Ok we could have gone down but it was an exciting end to the season. Just not good for the nerves.

JohnScott
15-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Relegation? We're Hibs and have turned out in large numbers over the years when needed. Like the 5000 plus we took to Dumbarton some years ago.

As for turning out every week? Easy. Attractive football from players battling for each other which in turn generates an exciting atmosphere. So ******* easy, oh it's so ******* easy! Oh and more realistic gate prices. Players are being asked to play for less yet the fans are expected to pay more! Only in football :rolleyes: