PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Ryan Brennan (merged)

hfc rd
14-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Stumbled across this article over on the bounce.

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/5890/cross-channel-interest-mons-brennan/

Now it has just appeared over on Hibees Mad and here is the link guys.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_to_take_irish_youngster_ryan_brennan_on_trial _681390/index.shtml

What do you guys make of this? Looks quite exciting and if the kid does well on his trial and earns a deal with us then we might have a star in your hands.

SteveHFC
15-06-2011, 12:08 AM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_to_take_irish_youngster_ryan_brennan_on_trial _681390/index.shtml

McKenzie
15-06-2011, 06:11 AM
So his manager thinks we are one of the top four clubs in Scotland?

IanM
15-06-2011, 06:49 AM
lets hope we like what we see and he likes what he sees then we can see what he's like

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Reported it todays current bun as well

bingo70
15-06-2011, 07:58 AM
What sort of level is it he's playing at just now? Is that the top division he's in or is the first the league below the premier like it is here?

Barney McGrew
15-06-2011, 08:07 AM
What sort of level is it he's playing at just now? Is that the top division he's in or is the first the league below the premier like it is here?

The top division

Stevie Reid
15-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Lots of Irish players have been great signings for British clubs recently, with Shane Long and Kevin Doyle (both signed for a pittance by Reading), the most successful. Nottingham Forest were the only team to take a chance on Roy Keane too.

A few have made an impact on the SPL also - definitely a market worth looking at.

easty
15-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Did Everton not sign that Seamus Coleman from the Irish league for something like £80k. He's turned out to be a brilliant signing. Clearly they won't all be brilliant but it's good we're at least looking over there as an option.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Don't know too much about contracts, but if this guy is a real player, why don't the team get him on a professional contract and then get some money for him? The cynic in me says that if Celtc were in the race, if no cash changed hands, there would be a hastily arranged " friendly"

bingo70
15-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Don't know too much about contracts, but if this guy is a real player, why don't the team get him on a professional contract and then get some money for him? The cynic in me says that if Celtc were in the race, if no cash changed hands, there would be a hastily arranged " friendly"

He might not want to in case it ruins his chance of a move or he might have a decent career outside of football he doesn't want to walk away from until he's got definate options within the game.

I would imagine if his club are bending over backwards to help him he could have a gentlemans agreement to see them alright from any signing on fee he'd be entitled too either with this move or in the future.

Aldo
15-06-2011, 08:56 AM
At the end of the day who cares wot league he plays in...we might unearth a gem and therefore a wee 6 month trial will benefit both the player and the club.

There are plenty of players in the lower leagues that would make the grade...they are rough diamonds and just need the right direction to make them better.

We should never dismiss the lower leagues.

hibeeleicester
15-06-2011, 09:58 AM
At the end of the day who cares wot league he plays in...we might unearth a gem and therefore a wee 6 month trial will benefit both the player and the club.

There are plenty of players in the lower leagues that would make the grade...they are rough diamonds and just need the right direction to make them better.

We should never dismiss the lower leagues.

:agree:

Ivan Sproule.

At The Edge
15-06-2011, 10:10 AM
So his manager thinks we are one of the top four clubs in Scotland?
:agree:

the other 3 being Celtic Rangers and Aberdeen, the Jambos are furious at this comment as everyone knows they are the 'big' team around these parts
:hilarious

Brebners Bookie
15-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Finally motivated to sign up and comment by this thread. I have 2 mates in Ireland that never miss a Drogheda game and they have been raving about this guy for months to me. really hope he can impress as from what ive heard and his manager's opinion of him he has so much potential.

bingo70
15-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Finally motivated to sign up and comment by this thread. I have 2 mates in Ireland that never miss a Drogheda game and they have been raving about this guy for months to me. really hope he can impress as from what ive heard and his manager's opinion of him he has so much potential.

Cheers for that and welcome to the board :thumbsup:

(class username bye the way :wink:)

Iain G
15-06-2011, 11:14 PM

Which bookie, the Edinburgh one or the one in Melbourne :wink::greengrin