hibs4eve
14-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Stack Divis Brown
Hart Murray Hanlon O'Hanlon Booth Stephans
Pallson Scott Miller Thornhill Galbraith Stevenson Spoony Sproule
Vaz Te and Sodje

Total = 19

1 more player too go unless taggart horner etc will be in it

I think Hart will probably go as caldo didnt like him i think so a new right back and striker should be announced before next monday

Barney McGrew
14-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Miller's gone and Vaz Te won't be coming back either.

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2011, 09:16 PM

Vaz Te never really cut the mustard, or even showed enough promising signs for me, so not that fussed on that score

Zondervan
14-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I would like to think that Richey Towell could be added to this list?

Jim44
14-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Stack Divis Brown
Vaz Te and Sodje
Total = 19

I think Hart will probably go as caldo didnt like him i think so a new right back and striker should be announced before next monday

That would be the weakest strike force in the SPL. We need at least two more proven strikers if we are going to get out of the rut we are in.

BEEJ
14-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Is that confirmed or known as a 'FACT'? :confused:

Last I heard he was sitting in Portugal waiting for an offer from Hibs.

BEEJ
14-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Stack Divis Brown
Vaz Te and Sodje

Total = 19

You missed out De Graaf. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Is that confirmed or known as a 'FACT'? :confused:

Last I heard he was sitting in Portugal waiting for an offer from Hibs.

If the two new stikers coming to fruition are announced this week then we will have seen the last of Vaz Te

MountcastleHibs
14-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Stack Divis Brown
Vaz Te and Sodje

Total = 19

The players in bold have gone (Vaz Te and Miller) and I think Hart will be released at some point should we sign Richie Towell or another right back.

So that leaves us with 17 at the moment on the books. That means three (possibly four if Hart is replaced) more coming in (two of which will hopefully be strikers), giving us our squad of 20. I think it would mean that we'll have a thin squad, but one which CC will think is filled with quality. 37 players used last season was a total joke. I think realistically our squad will be around 23, with the likes of Taggart, Scott Smith, and possibly Handling getting opportunities here and there with injuries.

What I do notice is we're going to have quite a bit more pace in that side than the one which started last season. That's something we really have needed for some time.

Sir David Gray
14-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Stack
Brown
Divis

Booth
Hanlon
Murray
Hart
Stephens

de Graaf
Stevenson
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sproule
Scott
Thornhill
Palsson
Welsh

Sodje

That would be 18 and with O'Hanlon expected to sign before the end of the week, that takes us to 19 first team players so if Calderwood sticks to his wish of having a first team squad of 20 then we should expect one more player to sign this summer.

I sincerely hope that proves not to be the case or else we'll be in bother next season.

R'Albin
15-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Pretty sure calderwood said he wants a squad of 24 and he's going to send a few youngsters on loan...

Speedway
15-06-2011, 01:24 PM
He said he wanted 'around' 20 training with 4 or 5 kids out on loan.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Stack
Brown
Divis

Booth
Hanlon
Murray
Hart
Stephens

de Graaf
Stevenson
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sproule
Scott
Thornhill
Palsson
Welsh

O'Connor
Sodje

That's 19 first team players we have now for next season. O'Hanlon would be number 20 so if Calderwood sticks to what he said a month or so ago about only wanting a squad of around 20 players then that may be us almost finished in the transfer market as far as this summer is concerned.

AlbertK86
15-06-2011, 07:29 PM
That's 19 first team players we have now for next season. O'Hanlon would be number 20 so if Calderwood sticks to what he said a month or so ago about only wanting a squad of around 20 players then that may be us almost finished in the transfer market as far as this summer is concerned.

Would like to see us shuffle the pack a bit as we defo need more options. Hoping that we lose Hart but cannae see many teams coming in for him on the wages he is alleged to be on. Ditto for De Graff.

We desperately need a right back and 2 strikers

He may be thinking about playing Spoony at RB again. Thought he did well there in his first season other than the Huns game when they played on his lack of height by pinging it to the back post.

If Spoony it may work as a 3-5-2 formation

Anybody got any other suggestions at right back from the current squad. Maybe one of the young boys ?

Feeling much more positive now that O'connor signed and looking like a big dominant CH in O'Hanlon may be signing as well.

In an ideal world over and above these two I still think we need RB, CH, a creative midfield player and 2 x CF

Sir David Gray
15-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Would like to see us shuffle the pack a bit as we defo need more options. Hoping that we lose Hart but cannae see many teams coming in for him on the wages he is alleged to be on. Ditto for De Graff.

We desperately need a right back and 2 strikers

He may be thinking about playing Spoony at RB again. Thought he did well there in his first season other than the Huns game when they played on his lack of height by pinging it to the back post.

If Spoony it may work as a 3-5-2 formation

Anybody got any other suggestions at right back from the current squad. Maybe one of the young boys ?

Feeling much more positive now that O'connor signed and looking like a big dominant CH in O'Hanlon may be signing as well.

In an ideal world over and above these two I still think we need RB, CH, a creative midfield player and 2 x CF

We certainly need a RB as the thought of having Michael Hart as our only recognised player for that position gives me nightmares.

If O'Hanlon does sign then I would still like us to sign one more CH.

For midfield, I have a feeling that given we currently have nine midfield options, we probably won't be signing any more players in these positions but I personally feel that our midfield is still too weak. I'd maybe like to see another wide player to come in to complement Sproule but with Calderwood resigning Galbraith, it probably suggests that he will play quite a big role next season.

There's also no-one really jumping out at me as an obvious candidate for being an attacking midfielder, making driving runs into the box etc. I'd quite like to see someone in this mould.

As for our forward line, as a bare minimum, I'd expect to see at least another two strikers arriving before the start of the season. I think Sodje did quite well at the end of last season and chipped in with a healthy number of goals but it remains to be seen how he will do over a full year.

O'Connor remains a mystery as well. I think we are all hoping that he returns to the form that he showed around 7 or 8 years ago but no-one knows if this will happen or not.

Even if they both do well as a partnership, you can't just go with two recognised strikers in your first team squad as we will be in trouble if one of them, or both, gets injured or suspended.

If O'Hanlon comes in, as expected, I would like to see another five or six players arrive for the positions which I have identified.

Do I think that will happen? No I don't. I think another three, maybe four at a push, will be coming in.

AlbertK86
15-06-2011, 08:29 PM
We certainly need a RB as the thought of having Michael Hart as our only recognised player for that position gives me nightmares.

If O'Hanlon does sign then I would still like us to sign one more CH.

For midfield, I have a feeling that given we currently have nine midfield options, we probably won't be signing any more players in these positions but I personally feel that our midfield is still too weak. I'd maybe like to see another wide player to come in to complement Sproule but with Calderwood resigning Galbraith, it probably suggests that he will play quite a big role next season.

There's also no-one really jumping out at me as an obvious candidate for being an attacking midfielder, making driving runs into the box etc. I'd quite like to see someone in this mould.

As for our forward line, as a bare minimum, I'd expect to see at least another two strikers arriving before the start of the season. I think Sodje did quite well at the end of last season and chipped in with a healthy number of goals but it remains to be seen how he will do over a full year.

O'Connor remains a mystery as well. I think we are all hoping that he returns to the form that he showed around 7 or 8 years ago but no-one knows if this will happen or not.

Even if they both do well as a partnership, you can't just go with two recognised strikers in your first team squad as we will be in trouble if one of them, or both, gets injured or suspended.

If O'Hanlon comes in, as expected, I would like to see another five or six players arrive for the positions which I have identified.

Do I think that will happen? No I don't. I think another three, maybe four at a push, will be coming in.

FalkirkHibee great minds think alike. agree 100% with all your points

BEEJ
15-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Taggart can play there, although I wouldn't expect him to be first choice RB next season.

Sir David Gray
16-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Stack
Brown

Booth
Hanlon
Murray
Hart
Stephens

de Graaf
Stevenson
Galbraith
Wotherspoon
Sproule
Scott
Thornhill
Palsson
Welsh

O'Connor
Sodje

With the news that Divis is away back to his parent club, that takes us back down to a first team squad of 18 and with the expected addition of O'Hanlon, that would take us to 19.

We now know as well that Vaz Te won't be coming back so with the players who were out of contract at the end of last season, the only players that there remains any doubt over are Dickoh and Riordan.

All the rest have either had it confirmed that they wouldn't be getting a new contract or they have signed on with other clubs.