PDA

View Full Version : Done Deals at last?

JACK_HFC
14-06-2011, 08:21 PM
My Grandad has a very reliable source from within Easter Road who can confirm that Sean O'Hanlon has signed and 2 strikers are supposidely signing from down south (dont know if they are loans or have signed). There will be a conference on thursday the 16th, when these signings will be announced!
:thumbsup: :blowing
Hopefully they will be decent and hopefully there will be more on the way!

frazeHFC
14-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Do you know what time on Thursday? I may need to cancel my driving lesson to sit eagerly on Hibs.net, the Hibs website and the BBC. :wink: Good news though. :aok:

R'Albin
14-06-2011, 08:26 PM
My Grandad has a very reliable source from within Easter Road who can confirm that Sean O'Hanlon has signed and 2 strikers are supposidely signing from down south (dont know if they are loans or have signed). There will be a conference on thursday the 16th, when these signings will be announced!

O'Hanlon has definitely signed, hopefully the two strikers will as well, going by CC's interviews I wouldn't be surprised:agree:

JimBHibees
14-06-2011, 08:29 PM
If so my guess would be Porter and Airey.

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2011, 08:31 PM

I hope you are proved right..... Think it could be a good Thursday:greengrin

R'Albin
14-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Is it not Thursday yet ?!:wink:

3pm
14-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I hope you are proved right..... Think it could be a good Thursday:greengrin

You must have inside info on Michael Stewart.

Hibs7
14-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Doesn't look like Rooney then.:confused:

JACK_HFC
14-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Do you know what time on Thursday? I may need to cancel my driving lesson to sit eagerly on Hibs.net, the Hibs website and the BBC. :wink: Good news though. :aok:

Couldnt tell you what time mate, im guessing afternoon! Gona be a good thursday tho! :greengrin

MacBean
14-06-2011, 08:46 PM
O'Hanlon a definite signing.

You're grandads source must be good as two strikers is also what i have heard.

JACK_HFC
14-06-2011, 08:47 PM

Apparently he's had better offers from England.. no shock there!

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2011, 08:47 PM
You must have inside info on Michael Stewart.

:faf:

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2011, 08:48 PM
O'Hanlon a definite signing.

You're grandads source must be good as two strikers is also what i have heard.

:agree::agree:

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Until I here something on the fishul site then I'll no be believing nout. All I know is that the current crop of players we have without adding at least 5 new quality players would almost certainly be fighting it out with st midden in a relegation battle.

Rod should have been moving quick to get players in as it would most certainly have helped wet the appetite of a more than a few doubters and help shift a few thousand more season tickets.

As it is at the moment I'm still not sure if I'll be back at ER next season never mind renew my ST. Sad times!

cocopops1875
14-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Littlest hobo you sir are an absolute ray of sunshine

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Littlest hobo you sir are an absolute ray of sunshine

I'M sorry mate but things were bad last season and I don't see it getting any better. I'd love to be proved wrong but all I see for the future is cheap run of the mill players coming and going at ER who show absolute no feeling or loyalty for the club.

I predict a few average signings before the start of the season and empty stands yet again as most die hard Hibees I know are turning their back on the club.

Hibs really need to show a bit of ambition now by speculating to accumulate.

In short put a winning team on the park and the fans will come back. Hibs are dieing a slow death at the minute.

marinello59
14-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I'M sorry mate but things were bad last season and I don't see it getting any better. I'd love to be proved wrong but all I see for the future is cheap run of the mill players coming and going at ER who show absolute no feeling or loyalty for the club.

I predict a few average signings before the start of the season and empty stands yet again as most die hard Hibees I know are turning their back on the club.

In short put a winning team on the park and the fans will come back. Hibs are dieing a slow death at the minute.

hibs4eve
14-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Ryan Donaldson and Porter Ive hear
Donaldson on loan for half the season

MountcastleHibs
14-06-2011, 09:14 PM

They can't be that diehard if they're willing to turn their back on the club. I'm just as frustrated as anyone at the club at the minute, but its times like these we need to support it and not walk away. How's the club meant to survive if we all decide enough's enough? It won't.

It's now more than ever the players, the coaching staff and the board need our support.

And I was starting to think I was being silly avoiding the main board. It's post like these that have driven me to the sanctuary of the PM forum over the last couple of weeks.

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Ryan Donaldson and Porter Ive hear
Donaldson on loan for half the season

:faf::faf:

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2011, 09:30 PM
They can't be that diehard if they're willing to turn their back on the club. I'm just as frustrated as anyone at the club at the minute, but its times like these we need to support it and not walk away. How's the club meant to survive if we all decide enough's enough? It won't.

It's now more than ever the players, the coaching staff and the board need our support.

And I was starting to think I was being silly avoiding the main board. It's post like these that have driven me to the sanctuary of the PM forum over the last couple of weeks.

Wakey wakey mate, I hate to piss in yer rose tinted garden but the reality is fans have been voting with their feet. Stop with this crap that fans need to show loyalty because they don't.

The facts are if you put an entertaining team on the park the fans will show loyalty, if you don't they'll go golfing or shopping with the wife or whatever it is that people do.

It's up to the board, now is the time to bring in a few "names" just like jeffers has done at tynie.
If they don't then they risk another relegation battle and the you'll see even more empty seats around you next season. That's the reality!

marinello59
14-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Wakey wakey mate, I hate to piss in yer rose tinted garden but the reality is fans have been voting with their feet. Stop with this crap that fans need to show loyalty because they don't.

The facts are if you put an entertaining team on the park the fans will show loyalty, if you don't they'll go golfing or shopping with the wife or whatever it is that people do.

It's up to the board, now is the time to bring in a few "names" just like jeffers has done at tynie.
If they don't then just have a wee look at the empty seats around you next season. That's the reality!

That's the spirit. Big up Hearts while doing down Hibs. That's what die hards do. :agree:

Inch Cabbage
14-06-2011, 09:34 PM
He does make good points though! If we don't act this season we will lose another off the core of our support IMO!

MountcastleHibs
14-06-2011, 09:35 PM

If they don't then just have a wee look at the empty seats around you next season. That's the reality!

I'm embarrassed by the empty seats last season, and those that will inevitably be there this season.

I wasn't particuarly entertained or enjoying my time at Easter road last season, but I done it because I love the club. Even if we were in division three, I'd be there every week.

I honestly think hibs are the worst club for people just waking away and giving up supporting the club during the bad times, but will come back for the good times.

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2011, 09:44 PM
That's the spirit. Big up Hearts while doing down Hibs. That's what die hards do. :agree:

Sorry are we no allowed to speak our minds on .NET then?

marinello59
14-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry are we no allowed to speak our minds on .NET then?

If you have half a mind to do that nobody will stop you. :agree:

RIP
14-06-2011, 09:47 PM
I know about 90 Hibbies

To the best of my knowledge not one of them is for turning their back on our club

Maybe they should talk to the Faceless Wonders - I'm sure they'll soon change their tune :hibees

nonshinyfinish
14-06-2011, 09:48 PM

If they don't then they risk another relegation battle and the you'll see even more empty seats around you next season. That's the reality!

That's not loyalty as I understand it.

Dalianwanda
14-06-2011, 09:50 PM

If they don't then they risk another relegation battle and the you'll see even more empty seats around you next season. That's the reality! I'm not that impressed with the "names" he has brought in..I'm hopeful for some decent signings by Hibs by the end of the week though :agree:

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2011, 09:58 PM
That's not loyalty as I understand it.

No its reality though.

MrSmith
14-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Poor example it may be but he is right! What motivation do fans have for returning to ER next season? A poor, poor team? getting humped? absolutely woeful performances? ER atmosphere? C'mon have a think even the new strip is less boggin than the team, and I'm still no gonna buy it! Right now I aint coming back! It will change though as I'm a bit irrational and emotional at the moment watching our indebted brothers from Gorgie buying up bog standard solid SPL players while we sit on our hands..............

.Sean.
14-06-2011, 10:14 PM
What good does this 'i'm no going back' attitude have? With stinking attitudes like that you're no needed but i'm sure you'll crawl out when things improve, eh?

The rife negativity on this board is bad enough without it infecting ER so you probably are best staying away actually.

MrSmith
14-06-2011, 10:15 PM
What good does this 'i'm no going back' attitude have?

With stinking attitudes like that you're no needed but i'm sure you'll crawl out when things improve, eh?

Get a grip ffs! Read it properly!

Mikey
14-06-2011, 10:16 PM
What good does this 'i'm no going back' attitude have?

With stinking attitudes like that you're no needed but i'm sure you'll crawl out when things improve, eh?

Sad thing is the folk who have given up on the club are still on here on a daily basis boring the rest of us with their woes.

The quicker they give upon hibs.net too the better.

cocopops1875
14-06-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm not that impressed with the "names" he has brought in..I'm hopeful for some decent signings by the end of the week though :agree:
That's kinda my take I really don't see the fuss about their signings decent spl players can't see any of them other than sutton being that great a signing and even he has a scoring record akin to Mr nish

MrSmith
14-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Sad thing is the folk who have given up on the club are still on here on a daily basis boring the rest of us with their woes.

And you talk about the yams being deluded!

new malkyhib
14-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Then you'll have no-one to level your condescending put downs to. How ever will you spend your time?

MountcastleHibs
What good does this 'i'm no going back' attitude have? With stinking attitudes like that you're no needed but i'm sure you'll crawl out when things improve, eh?

The rife negativity on this board is bad enough without it infecting ER so you probably are best staying away actually.

:agree: They'll be first in the queue for tickets to any potential big games.

Littlest Hobo

Oh Mikey we know you don't mean that but if anyone is in doubt about how loyal our support really is, just have a look at some of the attendance figures for last seasons home games.

I'll even wager that a few of the oober fans on here were AWOL at more than a few games.

I just don't understand Hibs fans who keep blindly defending the club when we haven't won a game against our bitter rivals for nearly two seasons now and the board almost took us into a relegation dog fight. But hey it's all cool because we'll have the best stadium in the first division.

Quality players and team spirit, we have none.

I'm suggesting we buy one or two, is that so wrong??

MrSmith
14-06-2011, 10:28 PM

Bull****! Never have and never will! Another one that needs to step back and perform a reality check!

down the slope
14-06-2011, 10:28 PM

Aye that's the way to get folk back to ER !. I think we will need every bum we can get on a seat next season whether we chose to moan or not.

degenerated
14-06-2011, 10:31 PM
[/B]

Then you'll have no-one to level your condescending put downs to. How ever will you spend your time?

he might spend his time enjoying .net rather than reading the same old hysterical p!sh that seems to appear on every thread about any subject. :dunno: i know i would :aok:

Sammy7nil
14-06-2011, 10:34 PM

yeah then you can "chat" to yourself :rolleyes:
it is attitudes like yours that helps drive people away

marinello59
14-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Oh Mikey we know you don't mean that but if anyone is in doubt about how loyal our support really is, just have a look at some of the attendance figures for last seasons home games.

I'll even wager that a few of the oober fans on here were AWOL at more than a few games.

I just don't understand Hibs fans who keep blindly defending the club when we haven't won a game against our bitter rivals for nearly two seasons now and the board almost took us into a relegation dog fight. But hey it's all cool because we'll have the best stadium in the first division.

I haven't seen much blindly defending, just differing opinions on what went wrong. I really struggle to understand the defeatist attitude that would have us relegated before the transfer window has shut and a ball has been kicked in anger though. Last season was a mess, I don't think anybody would argue with that. But going off on a series of rants at the same time as things actually seem to be happening in the transfer window seems rather odd to say the least.

MrSmith
14-06-2011, 10:37 PM
he might spend his time enjoying .net rather than reading the same old hysterical p!sh that seems to appear on every thread about any subject. :dunno: i know i would :aok:

You know it always surprises me this type of attitude. For those who know about forums... Opinions are opinions and as valid as any other individual when participating in such forum debate! However, it is the few who cannot seem rationalise these valid opinions and start to be insulting rather than constructive in attempting to debate or change minds. The negativity starts with you guys and you are the guys who carry it through...so stroll on! :aok::aok:

MountcastleHibs
14-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Bull****! Never have and never will! Another one that needs to step back and perform a reality check!

Maybe you won't. But the hundreds that have chosen not to renew will come crawling back if we have a successful season this season.

The Harp
I'm embarrassed by the empty seats last season, and those that will inevitably be there this season.

I wasn't particuarly entertained or enjoying my time at Easter road last season, but I done it because I love the club. Even if we were in division three, I'd be there every week.

I honestly think hibs are the worst club for people just waking away and giving up supporting the club during the bad times, but will come back for the good times.

I wouldn't say we're any better or any worse than any other set of fans. When I was a lot younger I used to think that Hibs supporters were something special but I've come to realise that's not the case.
I know it's depressing sitting at ER and looking around at rows of empty seats but it's a fact of life that in addition to our long-suffering, hard core support, we also have, what I'd call 'customers', who will turn up when the product on the park is to their liking. If it aint - they'll find something else to do wi' their Saturday afternoons.
Anyway, here's hoping for a few more quality signings soon to give us a bit of optimism for the season ahead. :pray:

MrSmith
I haven't seen much blindly defending, just differing opinions on what went wrong. I really struggle to understand the defeatist attitude that would have us relegated before the transfer window has shut and a ball has been kicked in anger though. Last season was a mess, I don't think anybody would argue with that. But going off on a series of rants at the same time as things actually seem to be happening in the transfer window seems rather odd to say the least.

Rantings good! It helps people release pent up frustrations and anger allowing them to chill......After all it is a forum!

degenerated
14-06-2011, 10:45 PM
You know it always surprises me this type of attitude. For those who know about forums... Opinions are opinions and as valid as any other individual when participating in such forum debate! However, it is the few who cannot seem rationalise these valid opinions and start to be insulting rather than constructive in attempting to debate or change minds. The negativity starts with you guys and you are the guys who carry it through...so stroll on! :aok::aok:

the negativity on here stems from a very vocal minority, of which you appear to be one, who seem to revel in crapulent whining at any given opportunity and i'm sure are boring the tits of many more than just me. there's nowt constructive or rational in a lot of what i read on here these days.

marinello59
14-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Rantings good! It helps people release pent up frustrations and anger allowing them to chill......After all it is a forum!

They do have entertainment value if done correctly. :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2011, 11:04 PM

I'm worried I'll be proved right and we'll sign A. nobody b. nobodies!

Cropley10
14-06-2011, 11:06 PM

He's signing for Hearts.

MontrealHibs
14-06-2011, 11:07 PM
He's signing for Hearts.

Sorry, that's nonsense. I understanding Reading are leading the chase but he hasn't been near Tynecastle, no source naming just wait and see.

hfc rd
14-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Sorry, that's nonsense. I understanding Reading are leading the chase but he hasn't been near Tynecastle, no source naming just wait and see.

I heard Reading are one of the club as well that are interested in Adam Rooney. Looks very likely that Shane Long is going to be leaving after Reading missed out on promotion to the Prem, hope it's not a transfer to smeltic, so a move for Adam Rooney may be on the cards.

Cropley10
14-06-2011, 11:11 PM

Only going by what I read on Twatter and a couple of texts I've received.

Dav1986
15-06-2011, 12:58 AM

I agree with you about that attitude not helping at all but imo that negativity has already infected ER, and has been for years, even under TM, certainly round where I used to sit anyway.

Iain G
15-06-2011, 02:35 AM
I agree with you about that attitude not helping at all but imo that negativity has already infected ER, and has been for years, even under TM, certainly round where I used to sit anyway.

So what you are saying is most Hibs fans are miserable sods :wink::greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2011, 05:19 AM
FFS, every positive thread hijacked by doom and ****ing gloomers. FFS give us a break and keep yer doom and gloom on the doom and gloom threads will you. And Admins, gonnae give us a suicide smiley coz I ****ing feel like it!!!!

R'Albin
15-06-2011, 05:26 AM
FFS, every positive thread hijacked by doom and ****ing gloomers. FFS give us a break and keep yer doom and gloom on the doom and gloom threads will you. And Admins, gonnae give us a suicide smiley coz I ****ing feel like it!!!!

Feeling the exact same way mate.

The Falcon
15-06-2011, 06:03 AM

I always remember the cup final against Livi. There must have been near 40k hibbies there and soon as it didnt go according to plan there was no-one left apart from a few thousand who stood to applaud the guys at the end.

The Falcon
15-06-2011, 06:09 AM

Are we getting relegated again? We're not even waiting till January this time we're getting relegated before the season even starts. Oh joy!

hibsbollah
15-06-2011, 06:22 AM
I always remember the cup final against Livi. There must have been near 40k hibbies there and soon as it didnt go according to plan there was no-one left apart from a few thousand who stood to applaud the guys at the end.

It was the quietest 40,000 ive ever been in. A lot of rugby fans with tartan blankets and peoples' grans made up the numbers. I cant recall a single song.

I stayed till the end but never applauded anyone, just sloped off dejectedly into the delights of Mount Florida with an early hangover. Am I a doom and gloomer or an uberfan?

marinello59
15-06-2011, 06:38 AM
It was the quietest 40,000 ive ever been in. A lot of rugby fans with tartan blankets and peoples' grans made up the numbers. I cant recall a single song.

I stayed till the end but never applauded anyone, just sloped off dejectedly into the delights of Mount Florida with an early hangover. Am I a doom and gloomer or an uberfan?

It's true. I don't think they were even their own Grans that they took with them. Probably hired for the day.

I stayed to the end as well and certainly didn't applaud the team off. I think that makes me a part time glory hunter. (But I didn't have a tartan blanket. Or a random Gran with me.)

nonshinyfinish
15-06-2011, 06:43 AM
No its reality though.

True.

The Falcon
15-06-2011, 06:50 AM

If your still outside East Mains then a definite uberfan.

Cropley10
15-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Are we getting relegated again? We're not even waiting till January this time we're getting relegated before the season even starts. Oh joy!

You said you were leaving...:confused:

Mikey
15-06-2011, 07:16 AM
yeah then you can "chat" to yourself :rolleyes:
it is attitudes like yours that helps drive people away

Plenty of folk have been driven away. Take a look around, there are a lot of user names that you just don't see any more.

None of them could be described as hysterical though. Just level headed folk who can't be bothered reading the same stuff from the same few people day after day after day after day after day.

matty_f
15-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Plenty of folk have been driven away. Take a look around, there are a lot of user names that you just don't see any more.

None of them could be described as hysterical though. Just level headed folk who can't be bothered reading the same stuff from the same few people day after day after day after day after day.

:agree:

dangermouse
15-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Yeah, his signings would have filled Easter Road every week :rolleyes:

Beefster
15-06-2011, 07:30 AM
If the admins would prefer that the folk with differing opinions stop using hibs.net and think that'll it will make the forum 'happier', so that we can have a forum where everyone agrees and thinks the sun shines out of Scott Lindsay's backside, why don't they start banning the 'negative'?

There needs to be a decision on whether this forum wants the widest range of debate or a group of sheep who just nod (in witty smilie form obviously) when someone expresses an opinion. I'm sure I'm not the only one who only comes here for the debate and differing opinions - if I only wanted to hear how wonderful Lindsay, Rodders and Hyland were then I'd just use the official site.

In the meantime, some admins continue to help take us back to the bad old days of 'Happy Clappers' and 'Doom & Gloomers'. Magic.

PS. If I qualify as one of the 'negative', just let me know.

Saorsa
15-06-2011, 07:31 AM
If the admins would prefer that the folk with differing opinions stop using hibs.net and think that'll it will make the forum 'happier', so that we can have a forum where everyone agrees and thinks the sun shines out of Scott Lindsay's backside, why don't they start banning the 'negative'?

There needs to be a decision on whether this forum wants the widest range of debate or a group of sheep who just nod (in witty smilie form obviously) when someone expresses an opinion. I'm sure I'm not the only one who only comes here for the debate and differing opinions - if I only wanted to hear how wonderful Lindsay, Rodders and Hyland were then I'd just use the official site.

In the meantime, some admins continue to help take us back to the bad old days of 'Happy Clappers' and 'Doom & Gloomers'. Magic.:agree:

Arch Stanton
15-06-2011, 07:31 AM

Couldn't you just away and smash some windaes?

MacBean
15-06-2011, 07:32 AM
What a load of nonsense this thread is. They OP has posted a good piece of information and as per bloody usual the thread has been hijacked and blown up into the EXACT same discussion I've seen on about 5 other threads already!

Some people must have nout to do if all they want to do is put downers on everything. I hope to high heavens and sir Eddie turnbull himself that NONE of you even attempt to mention 'aw he's pish' or 'whos he?' when we do sign someone.

FFS Hibs are working hard to rectify some major problems, doing it by keeping it low key, deterring interest from other clubs, and will release information as and when it's ready to be.

Now will we all just fricking chill out.

IWasThere2016
15-06-2011, 07:33 AM

Name names - or ask them to pee aff :agree:

IWasThere2016
15-06-2011, 07:35 AM

In the meantime, some admins continue to help take us back to the bad old days of 'Happy Clappers' and 'Doom & Gloomers'. Magic.

HE's got to be good for something :greengrin

The fishy site will tell you the Board are awesome .. just give it a few years to get up to speed :greengrin

dangermouse
15-06-2011, 07:37 AM

Last time I looked we were in the SPL. CC has got rid of a lot of the deadwood and, if you are party to info on the PM board, would know that he is making steady progress in bringing in new faces to improve the squad.

You mentioned speculate to accumulate (wish I had a quid for every time I read that on this board as I'd be a millionaire by now) but how can the club do that if people like yourself don't put the money in in the first place?

Just because the Yams made a few early signings should CC sign a couple of Brian Kerr's just to appease the fans and give them someone new to boo or bide his time and get the players he wants and knows we will want to watch.

Don't know about you, but right know I'd rather be a Hibee than a Yam :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Beefster, I don't think, in fact I know, FACT, that nobody is trying to stifle debate or opposite opinions. It just becomes so ****ing wearying when EVERY thread gets taken over by negative comments. The guy tries to give a wee bit positivity and this is totally overwhelmed by negativity. By all means lets have negative threads but lets not have every thread taken over by them. We know the views of a lot of people and I don't think they need reiterated on every thread mate.

dangermouse
15-06-2011, 07:43 AM
It's true. I don't think they were even their own Grans that they took with them. Probably hired for the day.

I stayed to the end as well and certainly didn't applaud the team off. I think that makes me a part time glory hunter. (But I didn't have a tartan blanket. Or a random Gran with me.)

I stayed to the end as well. No tartan rug but my wife was with me and she is a granny does that count?

Craig_in_Prague
15-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Fingers crossed 2 strikers do sign then, and are the 2 CC wanted / was excited by.
Like what I've read on O'Hanlon and with Sproule back on board, we could have 4 new signings before pre-season, this is a promising start to the re-build and CC haven his own side.

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2011, 07:46 AM

Tell you what I will do Littlest Hobo. I have £500 in my pooch that says we do not get relegated next season. Want to bet?

Barney McGrew
15-06-2011, 07:50 AM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people having different opinions, that's what keeps this place interesting. I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that the club is at a real crossroads just now, and that who comes in this summer and how CC then goes on to get the team performing early this coming season is very, very important in how we move forward.

I do think you're way off the mark however in suggesting that the admin team think that everything the board do is fantastic and can't be challenged, in fact it's the exact opposite. The board should be open to challenge when it's not right and patted on the back when they get it right.

On hibs.net in general we have two sets of posters who tent to be at the opposite ends of the scale in their belief of how things are going (good or bad), with the vast majority sitting in the middle somewhere. The polar opposites tend to be the most vocal, and do influence the mood on the board one way or the other - at the moment, the ones who think the world is going to end tomorrow seem to be the loudest, and it's having the effect that it's putting people off coming on here. What seems to be the trend recently is the same people coming out with the same stuff every time they post, and turning every positive thread into a negative one, often without justifying or reasoning with anyone or being able to consider and respect the alternative viewpoint.

As Mikey has pointed out, there's a lot of long standing contributors to this site who have slowly disappeared over the last year or so, with many of them citing the negative atmosphere on the messageboards as their reason for not being here. That's not what should be happening.

ahibby
15-06-2011, 07:57 AM
From my own experience I think what is going on just now with fans is different from the fickleness of the past. It may be coupled to the economic situation of many with so many public jobs going or pay being frozen, which has a knock on effect on the private sector. However the number of people willing to let go of their cash (if they have it or can get it) for anything other than a good deal or complete necessity has fallen. I remember going to see worse teams than we had last season, just out of loyalty and what I thought was a love for the club. I have made donations to the club in the past, for nowt in return. Those were the hard times for the club. Since then we have sold a car park for millions and raked in millions from sales of players and I know that we had/have debts and a new stadium and training facilities, but at the end of the day we expect Hibs to now punch their weight. Hibs are a different club from say thirty years ago and that will have an effect on some supporters attitudes. Yes fans may have flocked in and forked out in relative good times in the not too distant past but they have also paid the club to bring through good young players and put up with the inexperience only to see them being sold when the money is right. Seldom if ever to be replaced with like. Some fans may realise or believe that Hibs will continue in that vein despite having a new stadium and training facilities already. I hope all ST holders feel that they get their moneis worth this coming season, you all deserve it considering recent history. I also hope that as I did last season I give the team a chance to convince me that they are worthy as a unit of wearing the jersies and coaching positions. Time will tell.

GloryGlory
15-06-2011, 07:58 AM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with people having different opinions, that's what keeps this place interesting. I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that the club is at a real crossroads just now, and that who comes in this summer and how CC then goes on to get the team performing early this coming season is very, very important in how we move forward.

I do think you're way off the mark however in suggesting that the admin team think that everything the board do is fantastic and can't be challenged, in fact it's the exact opposite. The board should be open to challenge when it's not right and patted on the back when they get it right.

On hibs.net in general we have two sets of posters who tent to be at the opposite ends of the scale in their belief of how things are going (good or bad), with the vast majority sitting in the middle somewhere. The polar opposites tend to be the most vocal, and do influence the mood on the board one way or the other - at the moment, the ones who think the world is going to end tomorrow seem to be the loudest, and it's having the effect that it's putting people off coming on here. What seems to be the trend recently is the same people coming out with the same stuff every time they post, and turning every positive thread into a negative one, often without justifying or reasoning with anyone or being able to consider and respect the alternative viewpoint.

As Mikey has pointed out, there's a lot of long standing contributors to this site who have slowly disappeared over the last year or so, with many of them citing the negative atmosphere on the messageboards as their reason for not being here. That's not what should be happening.

Spot on. :top marks

Every time a player, who has been linked with Hibs in press and other speculation (e.g. the ubiquitous text message from a mate), signs elsewhere there is an immediate chorus of "Hibs offered him less than he was already getting", etc, etc, etc, with no substantive evidence to back this up, nothing to substantiate Hibs made him any kind of an offer at all, nothing to substantiate what he currently earns, nothing to substantiate what Hibs' putative offer may have been, nothing to explain how the poster came to be in possession of all this confidential information, nothing at all.

And yet the chorus is taken up and becomes the absolute gospel truth, to be repeated ad infinitum whenever any player anywhere signs for any club other than Hibs.

Like it says on the tin, Hibs will announce news as and when Hibs have news to announce.

Chill everybody!

ahibby
15-06-2011, 08:02 AM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with people

And some long time contributors who are just generally p******* o** with what has happened at club level and that has reduced their eagerness to come to the board or post.

The Falcon
15-06-2011, 08:05 AM
You said you were leaving...:confused:

Then the filth columnists would have it all their own way and you would miss me. :greengrin

brog
15-06-2011, 08:14 AM
What a load of nonsense this thread is. They OP has posted a good piece of information and as per bloody usual the thread has been hijacked and blown up into the EXACT same discussion I've seen on about 5 other threads already!

Some people must have nout to do if all they want to do is put downers on everything. I hope to high heavens and sir Eddie turnbull himself that NONE of you even attempt to mention 'aw he's pish' or 'whos he?' when we do sign someone.

FFS Hibs are working hard to rectify some major problems, doing it by keeping it low key, deterring interest from other clubs, and will release information as and when it's ready to be.

Now will we all just fricking chill out.

:top marksI'm fed up opening what, from the header, appear to be interesting & informative threads only to find it's the usual guff with no info whatsoever. Can Admins please open up a thread to include all these good fan/bad fan posts. I predict it will quickly challenge the calendar signing uber thread.

Iain G
15-06-2011, 08:23 AM

Yeah it got so bad I had to move halfway round the world :greengrin

Allant1981
15-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Hopefully the two strikers are guys with a bit of experience, we really need some guys in the team this year who know how to lead a forward line, sodje is a decent enough player and scored some decent goals but we need the other strikers to chip in with a good amount of goals this year

Beefster
15-06-2011, 08:35 AM

Just the bits in bold.

There are some admins who defend the board to the hilt, all the time. I doubt that the Board consider the Hibs.net admin team as an major 'irritant', even if they don't like some of the stuff on the forum. IMHO, those running Hibs.net should be at the forefront of holding the Board/club to account and representing the views of its users.

I agree that most folk are in the middle but all the sweeping generalisations about 'positive' or 'negative' alienate at least some of those in the middle.

I've heard about folk using hibs.net less because of the lack of intelligent debate and some of the puerile stuff that goes on too. Swings and roundabouts.

erin go bragh
15-06-2011, 08:43 AM

Regarding your bottom quote, no way are hibs the worst, i can remember going through to ipox early 80s and you were lucky if there was 12000 . celtic were not much better, maybe 17000 , so glory hunters we are not ,unlike some .
ggtth

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Regarding your bottom quote, no way are hibs the worst, i can remember going through to ipox early 80s and you were lucky if there was 12000 . celtic were not much better, maybe 17000 , so glory hunters we are not ,unlike some .
ggtth

If my memory serves me well, i'm sure i went to ibrox when they had a huge crowd of 4000 in the 70s?

HNA12
15-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Just the bits in bold.

There are some admins who defend the board to the hilt, all the time. I doubt that the Board consider the Hibs.net admin team as an major 'irritant', even if they don't like some of the stuff on the forum. IMHO, those running Hibs.net should be at the forefront of holding the Board/club to account and representing the views of its users.

I agree that most folk are in the middle but all the sweeping generalisations about 'positive' or 'negative' alienate at least some of those in the middle.

I've heard about folk using hibs.net less because of the lack of intelligent debate and some of the puerile stuff that goes on too. Swings and roundabouts.

Sorry, that is well off the mark. That would suggest operating some sort of editorial policy here, something this team has never done. We provide a website for Hibs fans to discuss all things Hibs on, that's all. There is no way on this earth we would ever take on the role of spokesperson.

Aldo
15-06-2011, 08:53 AM
First of all any info regarding players signing/leavin is well appreciated and once again the guy is shot down cos he is not in the know.

After reading most of the posts on this thread its clear that money is tight at the mo and the way we played last season makes it easy for folk not to renew.

I remember going Home and away every week for about 6 years when I was younger and went on the East Coast Hibs bus with Jamie and some others. We barely got 8 thousand a week at ER but I went win lose or draw because of my love for the team.

Things evolve unfortunately and with work, family etc I couldnt justify buying a season ticket. I go as often as possible and will continue to do so until the time is right to buy a season ticket.

Regardless if you go once twice or everygame in a season you are still supporting the club and no one should be slated for that.

Beefster
15-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Sorry, that is well off the mark. That would suggest operating some sort of editorial policy here, something this team has never done. We provide a website for Hibs fans to discuss all things Hibs on, that's all. There is no way on this earth we would ever take on the role of spokesperson.

No, I'm fairly sure that's my opinion.

None of the admin team ever talk to Board members because they help run Hibs.net?

Arch Stanton
15-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Just the bits in bold.

That would be a laugh, the admin team marching off to ER with our current list of demands -
"Our first demand is sack the board"
"ehhh ---- that's it"

matty_f
15-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Just the bits in bold.

Beefster, I generally argue against a lot of the criticism that the board get where I feel that it is unjustified, but that's something that I've done since long before I became an admin and certainly isn't an admin stance in any way, shape or form.

I've said many times before that criticism is healthy so long as it's channeled correctly and can be backed up, which on here it often is, but at the same time there are a lot of times where it's easily shot down.

Hibs.net is a place first and foremost for Hibs fans to come and discuss Hibs. For me (and I write this purely from my own point of view, and not as an admin) I come on here because I love Hibs, I am positive about them because they're 'my' club. If I wanted to read folk ripping every aspect of Hibs apart, I'd go an read knockedback.

I would love to be able to get excited about new signings coming in, but we're not even getting that chance now, because there's that much handwringing about signings (and the lack of volume of signings, I suppose) that the process has totally been blown out of perspective and the fact that Hibs aren't announcing new players left, right and centre has escalated to a huge issue for some.

It's just not enjoyable reading anymore. It's the same old, same old. Even when threads are started with the best intentions they're degenerating into the same old regurgitated arguments. It's boring and it's counterproductive.

I don't give a toss about Rod Petrie, Scott Lindsay, Fife Hyland or STF. Really, I couldn't care who is running the club so long as it's evident to me that they're doing their best to run the club as effectively and as ambitiously as they can. I genuinely think that the board have provided as much resource to the managers as they can. I think the accounts bear testimony to that. I think that we have underperformed on the pitch, I don't think anyone can argue that.

My biggest concern right now about Hibs, if I'm totally honest, is that the poor season that we've just had has left some of the support so disheartened that those fans have actually become a destructive 'force' amongst the support. That these fans, though entirely entitled to their opinions and to voice them as loudly and as frequently as they so choose, are having the effect of totally undermining the club's efforts to rectify the situation.

I know that there are people within the club feeling the frustrations of that as well. They are seeing first hand the impact of the negativity, and they understand the role the team has had in getting to this point, but they need Hibs fans to support the club just now, not to rubbish it.

R'Albin
15-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Beefster, I generally argue against a lot of the criticism that the board get where I feel that it is unjustified, but that's something that I've done since long before I became an admin and certainly isn't an admin stance in any way, shape or form.

I've said many times before that criticism is healthy so long as it's channeled correctly and can be backed up, which on here it often is, but at the same time there are a lot of times where it's easily shot down.

Hibs.net is a place first and foremost for Hibs fans to come and discuss Hibs. For me (and I write this purely from my own point of view, and not as an admin) I come on here because I love Hibs, I am positive about them because they're 'my' club. If I wanted to read folk ripping every aspect of Hibs apart, I'd go an read knockedback.

I would love to be able to get excited about new signings coming in, but we're not even getting that chance now, because there's that much handwringing about signings (and the lack of volume of signings, I suppose) that the process has totally been blown out of perspective and the fact that Hibs aren't announcing new players left, right and centre has escalated to a huge issue for some.

It's just not enjoyable reading anymore. It's the same old, same old. Even when threads are started with the best intentions they're degenerating into the same old regurgitated arguments. It's boring and it's counterproductive.

I don't give a toss about Rod Petrie, Scott Lindsay, Fife Hyland or STF. Really, I couldn't care who is running the club so long as it's evident to me that they're doing their best to run the club as effectively and as ambitiously as they can. I genuinely think that the board have provided as much resource to the managers as they can. I think the accounts bear testimony to that. I think that we have underperformed on the pitch, I don't think anyone can argue that.

My biggest concern right now about Hibs, if I'm totally honest, is that the poor season that we've just had has left some of the support so disheartened that those fans have actually become a destructive 'force' amongst the support. That these fans, though entirely entitled to their opinions and to voice them as loudly and as frequently as they so choose, are having the effect of totally undermining the club's efforts to rectify the situation.

I know that there are people within the club feeling the frustrations of that as well. They are seeing first hand the impact of the negativity, and they understand the role the team has had in getting to this point, but they need Hibs fans to support the club just now, not to rubbish it.

:top marks

Aldo
15-06-2011, 09:08 AM

:top marks

Spot on matty

HNA12
15-06-2011, 09:10 AM
No, I'm fairly sure that's my opinion.

None of the admin team ever talk to Board members because they help run Hibs.net?

I will make this as clear and unambiguous as I can. No member of the Admin team acts as a fans spokesperson.
You obviously don't like the way the site is being run for some reason, no problem with that what so ever, we can't please everybody. If you want to continue this conversation please PM me, I have plenty of time to spare today.

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Good morning fellow Hibs fans! It is a pleasure to be able to engage with you this fine morning in relation to our super fantastic, unbelievable :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth mighty and if you know your history, totally magnificent football team.

After a night of complex analytical thought, anxiety and sleeplessness I have come to the conclusion that I'm totally wrong!

This conclusion came about due to happy pills taken because I'm classed as a doom and gloomer with nothing positive to say about Hibs... So, as the tabs kick in ... I apologise to all concerned in regard to my previous yet historical ... poor attitude and my constant whining on about Hibs and our board.

So halleluiah, praise be to god or sorry rod, guoranga and all that. I love the Hibees they are the best, I always spend my money on them not matter what and will always do what they ask because they know best. :not worth:not worth:aok::aok::thumbsup:In rod we trust.

matty_f
15-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Good morning fellow Hibs fans! It is a pleasure to be able to engage with you this fine morning in relation to our super fantastic, unbelievable :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth mighty and if you know your history, totally magnificent football team.

After a night of complex analytical thought, anxiety and sleeplessness I have come to the conclusion that I'm totally wrong!

This conclusion came about due to happy pills taken because I'm classed as a doom and gloomer with nothing positive to say about Hibs... So, as the tabs kick in ... I apologise to all concerned in regard to my previous yet historical? Poor attitude and my constant whining on about Hibs and our board.

So halleluiah, praise be to god or sorry rod, guoranga and all that. I love the Hibees they are the best, I always spend my money on them not matter what and will always do what the ask because they know best. :not worth:not worth:aok::aok::thumbsup:

I know this post has been made in jest, but talk about spectacularly missing the point.:rolleyes:

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Have I satisfactorily conformed yet?

Anybody!!

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I know this post has been made in jest, but talk about spectacularly missing the point.:rolleyes:

Probably.

Pedantic_Hibee
15-06-2011, 09:16 AM

This conclusion came about due to happy pills taken because I'm classed as a doom and gloomer with nothing positive to say about Hibs... So, as the tabs kick in ... I apologise to all concerned in regard to my previous yet historical ... poor attitude and my constant whining on about Hibs and our board.

So halleluiah, praise be to god or sorry rod, guoranga and all that. I love the Hibees they are the best, I always spend my money on them not matter what and will always do what they ask because they know best. :not worth:not worth:aok::aok::thumbsup:In rod we trust.

This is even funnier if you read it in an Eddie Malofeev accent :agree:

Speedway
15-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Done Deals:

Sproule
O'Hanlon
Stewart

Still Chasing:

Rooney
Caldwell

Trial:
Brennan

Interesting.

R'Albin
15-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Done Deals:

Sproule
O'Hanlon
Stewart

Still Chasing:

Rooney
Caldwell

Trial:
Brennan

Interesting.

Has Mikey Stewart definately been confirmed?

JimBHibees
15-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Yam radar is off the scale with this one.

Hibs7
15-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Done Deals:

Sproule
O'Hanlon
Stewart

Still Chasing:

Rooney
Caldwell

Trial:
Brennan

Interesting.

Now is that all tongue in cheek or are you serious, I know you sometimes get info before others that is why I am asking.

Iain G
15-06-2011, 09:22 AM

Oh dear, maybe written with some level of humour in mind but you don't do yourself or your arguements justice with this post :rolleyes:

Beefster
15-06-2011, 09:23 AM

No problems with most of that, Matty but I don't think that I ever said I did. I've repeatedly said that the hysteria about signings isn't justified IMO (although that doesn't make it valid to the concerned) and any of my criticisms of the Board is usually fully reasoned. Folk may not agree but it's not like I don't back up my posts most of the time.

The last paragraph is the sort of thing that the club should be telling us though.

I will make this as clear and unambiguous as I can. No member of the Admin team acts as a fans spokesperson.
You obviously don't like the way the site is being run for some reason, no problem with that what so ever, we can't please everybody. If you want to continue this conversation please PM me, I have plenty of time to spare today.

Nah, you seem to be spectacularly misunderstanding me. I said that, in my opinion, if Hibs.net admins are going to speak to the club, as a result of being a Hibs.net admin, they should speak on behalf of the user base. I didn't 'accuse' anyone of actually speaking on behalf of the user base.

If I had criticism of the way Hibs.net was run, I'd want it debated publicly. Enjoy that free time.

Speedway
15-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Now is that all tongue in cheek or are you serious, I know you sometimes get info before others that is why I am asking.

You can count on the first two as we all know and there's an extremely strong smoke signal for the third.

Hibs7
15-06-2011, 09:27 AM
You can count on the first two as we all know and there's an extremely strong smoke signal for the third.

Not sure about STEWART coming back, he will have a lot to prove to an awful lot of people to ever be accepted I think.

Speedway
15-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Not sure about STEWART coming back, he will have a lot to prove to an awful lot of people to ever be accepted I think.

Personally, I think he's exactly what we need. Less dependable than I'd like with his injuries but a midfield of Stewart, Palsson, Thornhill and Sproule is very nicely balanced with Scott, Murray, Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Galbraith amongst the options.

Stevie Reid
15-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Personally, I think he's exactly what we need. Less dependable than I'd like with his injuries but a midfield of Stewart, Palsson, Thornhill and Sproule is very nicely balanced with Scott, Murray, Stevenson, Wotherspoon and Galbraith amongst the options.

:agree:

I would be perfectly happy if Mikey Stewart were to return.

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Agree with this! Always thought Mickey shouldered the blame for the troubles when others were more responsible. Good signing if true always thought he was a good strong player.

Hibs7
15-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Can't argue with his football skill or effort, but a bit wary of his attitude (red cards)
But if so then good luck to him and I hope he does as well as he did last time.

number 27
15-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Well, there are a couple of threads at the moment which Imo do contain some over the top reactions. Still, they are I'm sure, generally sincerely held opinions about our club. Someone has labelled these threads "chicken licken".

My question is whether, should someone start a thread "I'm perfectly content with everything at the club", would the admins be happy to label that (head in the sand) and if not does that not imply an editorial policy?

matty_f
15-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Agree with this! Always thought Mickey shouldered the blame for the troubles when others were more responsible. Good signing if true always thought he was a good strong player.

Spot on.:agree: I think Stewart got the blame because he came with a reputation as a trouble maker after his time at Nottingham Forest, but I don't think he was anywhere near as involved in the Collins affair as was made out at the time.

JimBHibees
15-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Stewart would be a staggering signing. You cant say he hasnt got any bottle if he ends up signing for Hearts and Hibs twice.

Benny Brazil
15-06-2011, 09:50 AM

A few "names" doesn't guarantee entertaining football though - even if Hibs did what your suggesting (and they will sign players ) you and your ilk would be on here complaining about what dross we have signed and how we are certainties for relegation.

Luna_Asylum
15-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Well, there are a couple of threads at the moment which Imo do contain some over the top reactions. Still, they are I'm sure, generally sincerely held opinions about our club. Someone has labelled these threads "chicken licken".

My question is whether, should someone start a thread "I'm perfectly content with everything at the club", would the admins be happy to label that (head in the sand) and if not does that not imply an editorial policy?

What is that all about?

Sprouleflyer
15-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Spot on.:agree: I think Stewart got the blame because he came with a reputation as a trouble maker after his time at Nottingham Forest, but I don't think he was anywhere near as involved in the Collins affair as was made out at the time.

Was CC in charge of Forest at that time? If he was and he signs Stewart again, what does that do to Stewarts so called reputation as a trouble maker, is he or is it just a myth?

marinello59
15-06-2011, 10:07 AM

Maybe not the best attempt at humour ever. Mind you I didn't know who Chicken Licken was....I was struggling to make the KFC connection. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Maybe not the best attempt at humour ever. Mind you I didn't know who Chicken Licken was....I was struggling to make the KFC connection. :greengrin

What's Killie got to do with it?

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2011, 10:25 AM
What are they all about?

dangermouse
15-06-2011, 10:38 AM
What are they all about?

Surely you know who Chicken Licken was!

Signed Foxy Loxy.

Calvin
15-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Signed Foxy Loxy.

If we have, it's another uninspiring signing.

khib70
15-06-2011, 10:48 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)

Seems quite appropriate to me

hibs0666
15-06-2011, 10:51 AM

Dunno about that - good bit of bite and guile about him, although he does have two left feet.

Bobby's Cinema
15-06-2011, 10:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)

Seems quite appropriate to me

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww right :greengrin

dangermouse
15-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Signed Foxy Loxy.

The fox in the box

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005_Chicken_Little/2005_chicken_little_010.jpg

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2011, 11:02 AM

Signed Foxy Loxy.

Mustve passed me by in my younger days, fair enough comparison though I suppose!

Hamish
15-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Has Mikey Stewart definately been confirmed?

Dunno. Can't really see what his religion has to do with it though?

proud_and_green
15-06-2011, 11:36 AM
All this talk about signings, lack of signings and who other teams are signing is, i guess, understandable - but it doesn't mean a thing. Yes we need to get some players in, but just because Killie or Hearts or whoever sign whatever player doesn';t matter a jot.

We seem to be obsessed with Hearts signed so and so, we missed out on that could have done a job for us. Let them sign who they want to but CC has to make sure we identify who we want and sign them.

It sort of reminds me of watching the blackbird in the back garden; it is so obsessed with stopping another blackbird feeding it doesn't notice that the other birds are sneaking in and hoovering up all the bread. It should just concentrate on getting the bread.

If CC was to do his job the way some people on here think, then we are doomed - however i suspect there may be a bit more to him than that!!

Incidentally, when does the transfer window close?

Albion Hibs
15-06-2011, 11:38 AM

I agree. I do not see why people on here would give miller such a hard time then be excited about getting back a player with less ability.

silverhibee
15-06-2011, 12:01 PM
All this talk about signings, lack of signings and who other teams are signing is, i guess, understandable - but it doesn't mean a thing. Yes we need to get some players in, but just because Killie or Hearts or whoever sign whatever player doesn';t matter a jot.

We seem to be obsessed with Hearts signed so and so, we missed out on that could have done a job for us. Let them sign who they want to but CC has to make sure we identify who we want and sign them.

It sort of reminds me of watching the blackbird in the back garden; it is so obsessed with stopping another blackbird feeding it doesn't notice that the other birds are sneaking in and hoovering up all the bread. It should just concentrate on getting the bread.

If CC was to do his job the way some people on here think, then we are doomed - however i suspect there may be a bit more to him than that!!

Incidentally, when does the transfer window close?

31st August. :aok:

Aldo
15-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Wot about this team

Stack
O Hanlon Caldwell (if we sign him) Hanlon
Towell (If we sign him) Pallsson Thornhill Stewart Booth
Porter (if rumours are true) Sproule/sodje a n other

V Strong MF nd Back line.

Basically a 3 5 2.

persevere1875
15-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Dunno. Can't really see what his religion has to do with it though?

Now Thats funny :greengrin

number 27
15-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Since there has been no response to this I'm going to assume that an editorial policy does actually exist contrary to what was said in post 92.

Equally, I admit that I seem to be the only one who cares so I will leave it there.

Dav1986
15-06-2011, 12:22 PM
So what you are saying is most Hibs fans are miserable sods :wink::greengrin

:greengrin:wink:

HibsMax
15-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree. I do not see why people on here would give miller such a hard time then be excited about getting back a player with less ability.

Was Miller not getting a hard time because of his application rather than his talent? From what I have read, people seem to be "excited" about Stewart because he brings a little bit of steel to the midfield.

Saorsa
15-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I remember going Home and away every week for about 6 years when I was younger and went on the East Coast Hibs bus with Jamie and some others. We barely got 8 thousand a week at ER but I went win lose or draw because of my love for the team.oh, tae be young and enthusiastic again :wink: :greengrin

Niffy
15-06-2011, 02:34 PM
We got on the East Lothian bus at Dunbar, and by the time it had weaved around the whole region, we'd been on the bus for about 2 hours for every home game....

Soon went back to the car.

The_Sauz
15-06-2011, 03:56 PM

:aok::top marks

Albion Hibs
15-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Was Miller not getting a hard time because of his application rather than his talent? From what I have read, people seem to be "excited" about Stewart because he brings a little bit of steel to the midfield.

I think we have enough players that can make a tackle. As I said before if Miller could tackle as well as do what he already does he would probably be too good to be at hibs.

My concern is we do not have a midfield player that can pick a pass. Someone who can for 10 games a season then seems to focus on getting sent off / does not turn up does not really excite me a great deal.

The_Sauz
15-06-2011, 04:18 PM
If my memory serves me well, i'm sure i went to ibrox when they had a huge crowd of 4000 in the 70s?
They played Clyde in front of 3000+ at Ibrox in the 70's :agree:

hibiedude
15-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I remember when posting on Hibs.net wither it be positive or negative was "accepted" but nowadays if you dare to post anything negative you have the loyal brigade telling us we not true Hibs fans.

nonshinyfinish
15-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I remember when posting on Hibs.net wither it be positive or negative was "accepted" but nowadays if you dare to post anything negative you have the loyal brigade telling us we not true Hibs fans.

And lots of people who dare to post anything positive get called deluded, etc.

It goes both ways, what's needed IMO is for everyone to keep the heid and not get hysterical in either direction.

brog
15-06-2011, 04:58 PM

You're correct! At the end of 71/72 season ( from memory ) Huns lost at home to Morton & Joe Mason, at that time in his 30's scored both goals. The huns then being like the Huns now immediately signed Mason. I think he played about a dozen games for them in total but it wasn't long before the cry of Free Mason went up!! PS, that's not a joke!
I remember the 72/73 season because we beat them in semi of LC & they beat us in cup at ER in front of 49,007 after McDonald's outrageous drive. Even then, they only lost league by a point, won the cup & yet they regularly played in front of under 20,000 at home. Apart from Celtc all their biggest crowds were vs Hibs.

hibiedude
15-06-2011, 05:01 PM
And lots of people who dare to post anything positive get called deluded, etc.

It goes both ways, what's needed IMO is for everyone to keep the heid and not get hysterical in either direction.

Totally agree but the sad thing is we have some deluded fans on this site who think they are better fans than anyone else.

hopefully with the signing of Gary O'Connor people will start to cheer up.

Arch Stanton
15-06-2011, 05:11 PM

It isn't just because it is negative though - this thread related to the current transfer window and all of a sudden the posts were about how bad last season was - something which seems to be discussed on every other thread.

Someone having negative expectations of the current transfer windows would be perfectly relevant but to read yet another re-hashing of how bad last season was, well, tiresome is the polite word for it.

hibiedude
15-06-2011, 05:21 PM
It isn't just because it is negative though - this thread related to the current transfer window and all of a sudden the posts were about how bad last season was - something which seems to be discussed on every other thread.

Someone having negative expectations of the current transfer windows would be perfectly relevant but to read yet another re-hashing of how bad last season was, well, tiresome is the polite word for it.

Until 20 minutes ago there was nothing to talk about regarding transfers- it was all speculation and to be honest hearing the same names mentioned day in day out was boring the arse of me and numerous others.

Now with something to get excited about perhaps the negative fans and I include myself in that bracket can start to post some positive thoughts about the coming season.

IndieHibby
15-06-2011, 05:56 PM

You must have been the first to hear about Garry O'Connor then!
How dumb do you look now?!

MacBean
15-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I believe Airey will join us on loan from Newcastle United tomorrow

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 10:28 PM
You must have been the first to hear about Garry O'Connor then!
How dumb do you look now?!

I think I've spectacularly missed your point????? :confused::confused::rolleyes::taxi

matty_f
15-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I think I've spectacularly missed your point????? :confused::confused::rolleyes::taxi

:greengrin Good comeback :thumbsup:

MrSmith
15-06-2011, 10:37 PM
:greengrin Good comeback :thumbsup:

Ta! I'm starting to feel a wee bit more positive now but ... my only concern is that we haven't signed O'Hanlon yet?? We need this! Guys on the bounce talking about it all.

here: http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?106880-Never-mind-Ascot-St-Pat-s-Branch-Hibs-signing-predictions.

marinello59
15-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Ta! I'm starting to feel a wee bit more positive now but ... my only concern is that we haven't signed O'Hanlon yet?? We need this! Guys on the bounce talking about it all.

here: http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?106880-Never-mind-Ascot-St-Pat-s-Branch-Hibs-signing-predictions.

A snippet in the Aberdeen Evening Express says he has signed a two year deal.

ian cruise
15-06-2011, 10:59 PM

I was wondering if the difference between the story getting out about o'hanlon and o'connor was maybe the club leaked the o'hanlon signing to the papers to throw people off the trail that they were doing photoshoots, interviews etc for the oconnor signing. The o'hanlon one was pretty much confirmed on both forums anyway so although it was welcome news it wasn't a huge suprise

The Falcon
16-06-2011, 07:07 AM

Its done.

WindyMiller
16-06-2011, 08:44 AM
You're correct! At the end of 71/72 season ( from memory ) Huns lost at home to Morton & Joe Mason, at that time in his 30's scored both goals. The huns then being like the Huns now immediately signed Mason. I think he played about a dozen games for them in total but it wasn't long before the cry of Free Mason went up!! PS, that's not a joke!
I remember the 72/73 season because we beat them in semi of LC & they beat us in cup at ER in front of 49,007 after McDonald's outrageous drive. Even then, they only lost league by a point, won the cup & yet they regularly played in front of under 20,000 at home. Apart from Celtc all their biggest crowds were vs Hibs.

IIRC, it was Mclean that dived.

lyonhibs
16-06-2011, 08:48 AM
So, when is this press conference going ahead then??

I need to know when I need to "pretend" to work up until!!! :greengrin

GGTTH

matty_f
16-06-2011, 08:52 AM
So, when is this press conference going ahead then??

I need to know when I need to "pretend" to work up until!!! :greengrin

GGTTH

It's not happening.